+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 585

Thread: MMA thread

  1. #501
    Roger Sterling
    Roger Sterling is offline
    Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Roger Sterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Riot City
    Posts
    12,910
    vCash
    0
    Reputation
    22675
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackRedGold View Post
    Yeah but that's because people don't give a shit about women's hockey unless it involves an Olympic medal. It's a shitty product.

    People want to see Rousey dominate because she's a star. There's no stars in women's hockey.
    What about that broad that roughed up Dion's bro?
    “When God closes a door, he opens a dress.”
    Posted ImagePosted Image

  2. #502
    aptar
    aptar is online now
    #meatpuck aptar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kes
    Posts
    9,388
    vCash
    5000
    Reputation
    -93373764
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackRedGold View Post
    Yeah but that's because people don't give a shit about women's hockey unless it involves an Olympic medal. It's a shitty product.

    People want to see Rousey dominate because she's a star. There's no stars in women's hockey.
    I don't want to see Rousey dominate. I want fights that are competitive and where the results are in doubt. Don't you?

  3. #503
    Skippy
    Skippy is offline
    Registered Shitpump
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,074
    vCash
    5
    Reputation
    17321
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by aptar View Post
    I don't want to see Rousey dominate. I want fights that are competitive and where the results are in doubt. Don't you?
    Honestly, WMMA is pretty much a freakshow at this point. I'm not watching it for the same reasons I watch MMA, so if Rousey continuously annihilates her competition, I'm fine with that.

  4. #504
    BlackRedGold
    BlackRedGold is online now
    number one super guy BlackRedGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,035
    vCash
    5000
    Reputation
    756688
    Rep Power
    1534
    Quote Originally Posted by aptar View Post
    I don't want to see Rousey dominate. I want fights that are competitive and where the results are in doubt. Don't you?
    Yes competitive fights are nice but it's not like the women's division is the only one with that problem - GSP, Silva and Jones are all going to be huge favourites in their next fight regardless of who gets put up against them in their division. But I'm not representative about what people want. I hate Tim Hortons and Coors Light Lime with a passion. And upsets happen all the time in MMA. I also like it when some chick gets mouthy with Rousey and then Ronda breaks her arm.

  5. #505
    aptar
    aptar is online now
    #meatpuck aptar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kes
    Posts
    9,388
    vCash
    5000
    Reputation
    -93373764
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackRedGold View Post
    Yes competitive fights are nice but it's not like the women's division is the only one with that problem - GSP, Silva and Jones are all going to be huge favourites in their next fight regardless of who gets put up against them in their division. But I'm not representative about what people want. I hate Tim Hortons and Coors Light Lime with a passion. And upsets happen all the time in MMA. I also like it when some chick gets mouthy with Rousey and then Ronda breaks her arm.
    Yeah, that's why I compared LHW to WMMA. Throw in Aldo, too. Really there are only a couple divisions with some turnover at the top, and 155 is only Bendo's while he gets favourable judging.

    Glad to see some depth added today with Kaufman in the fold. Rousey has holes striking and evidently can be caught in the scramble. Hopefully a legit challenger emerges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gaborik's SH% View Post
    Honestly, WMMA is pretty much a freakshow at this point. I'm not watching it for the same reasons I watch MMA, so if Rousey continuously annihilates her competition, I'm fine with that.
    Really? I don't think it's a freak show unless you really just follow UFC (which I guess is the majority if MMA fans, so it's probably a fair point.)

  6. #506
    Honus Joglund
    Honus Joglund is online now
    NWA Honus Joglund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Politzania
    Posts
    15,721
    vCash
    4000
    Reputation
    7051385
    Rep Power
    14140
    HUNTOOOOO

  7. #507
    aptar
    aptar is online now
    #meatpuck aptar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kes
    Posts
    9,388
    vCash
    5000
    Reputation
    -93373764
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Honus Joglund View Post
    HUNTOOOOO
    Apparently he was offered JDS and declined.

  8. #508
    Roger Sterling
    Roger Sterling is offline
    Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Roger Sterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Riot City
    Posts
    12,910
    vCash
    0
    Reputation
    22675
    Rep Power
    77
    Wouldn't mind seeing a JDS vs Cain fight again, part 3.
    “When God closes a door, he opens a dress.”
    Posted ImagePosted Image

  9. #509
    Honus Joglund
    Honus Joglund is online now
    NWA Honus Joglund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Politzania
    Posts
    15,721
    vCash
    4000
    Reputation
    7051385
    Rep Power
    14140
    Must either want more money or more time. After Struve he asked for a top-five opponent and then he asked for the JDS fight on twitter after Reem dropped out. If he really doesn't want JDS then his other options in the official top-five are an Olympic wrestler and three BJJ black belts. Doesn't make sense.

    If Hunt/JDS doesn't happen I want Hunt/Nelson in the fattest, most slobberknockeriest tilt since Tank/Ferrozzo I.

    EDIT:

    mark richard hunt @markhunt1974

    Jus so u know I don't turn fights down

    Dana better tread lightly.

  10. #510
    Roger Sterling
    Roger Sterling is offline
    Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Roger Sterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Riot City
    Posts
    12,910
    vCash
    0
    Reputation
    22675
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Honus Joglund View Post
    Must either want more money or more time. After Struve he asked for a top-five opponent and then he asked for the JDS fight on twitter after Reem dropped out. If he really doesn't want JDS then his other options in the official top-five are an Olympic wrestler and three BJJ black belts. Doesn't make sense.

    If Hunt/JDS doesn't happen I want Hunt/Nelson in the fattest, most slobberknockeriest tilt since Tank/Ferrozzo I.

    EDIT:




    Dana better tread lightly.
    Brought to you by McDonalds, Smiles are for free!
    “When God closes a door, he opens a dress.”
    Posted ImagePosted Image

  11. #511
    aptar
    aptar is online now
    #meatpuck aptar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kes
    Posts
    9,388
    vCash
    5000
    Reputation
    -93373764
    Rep Power
    0
    @danawhite: Mark Hunt and I just got off the phone and had a GREAT conversation!!

    Hopefully it is JDS. That makes a lot of sense, fun fight, and gets Junior back on track. Nelson would just take that fight to the ground.

  12. #512
    Roger Sterling
    Roger Sterling is offline
    Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Roger Sterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Riot City
    Posts
    12,910
    vCash
    0
    Reputation
    22675
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by aptar View Post
    @danawhite: Mark Hunt and I just got off the phone and had a GREAT conversation!!

    Hopefully it is JDS. That makes a lot of sense, fun fight, and gets Junior back on track. Nelson would just take that fight to the ground.
    Wow Dana White, tell us more than the dumbest fucking tweet I've seen out of him in a while.
    “When God closes a door, he opens a dress.”
    Posted ImagePosted Image

  13. #513
    Craig
    Craig is offline
    moo Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    31,147
    vCash
    0
    Reputation
    254898589
    Rep Power
    509865
    Jesus, you guys know JDS would obliterate Hunt, right?

  14. #514
    aptar
    aptar is online now
    #meatpuck aptar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kes
    Posts
    9,388
    vCash
    5000
    Reputation
    -93373764
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Jesus, you guys know JDS would obliterate Hunt, right?
    Yes, which is why it makes sense. They need JDS moving upwards to keep that division interesting and set up the 3rd fight.

  15. #515
    Roger Sterling
    Roger Sterling is offline
    Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Roger Sterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Riot City
    Posts
    12,910
    vCash
    0
    Reputation
    22675
    Rep Power
    77
    Set up for slaughter. The Dana White way, Intro written by Joe Rogan.
    “When God closes a door, he opens a dress.”
    Posted ImagePosted Image

  16. #516
    aptar
    aptar is online now
    #meatpuck aptar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kes
    Posts
    9,388
    vCash
    5000
    Reputation
    -93373764
    Rep Power
    0
    I can hear Joe Rogan now. "Mark Hunt is, without a doubt, the best striker Junior Dos Santos has ever fought. With Hunt's explosive knockout power, Junior will have to be very careful on his feet, and if it goes to the ground, Hunt has a very underrated ground game. This is going to be, without question, one hell of a fight."

  17. #517
    Roger Sterling
    Roger Sterling is offline
    Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Roger Sterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Riot City
    Posts
    12,910
    vCash
    0
    Reputation
    22675
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by aptar View Post
    I can hear Joe Rogan now. "Mark Hunt is, without a doubt, the best striker Junior Dos Santos has ever fought. With Hunt's explosive knockout power, Junior will have to be very careful on his feet, and if it goes to the ground, Hunt has a very underrated ground game. This is going to be, without question, one hell of a fight."
    I read that with Joe's voice in my head...damn you.
    “When God closes a door, he opens a dress.”
    Posted ImagePosted Image

  18. #518
    Honus Joglund
    Honus Joglund is online now
    NWA Honus Joglund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Politzania
    Posts
    15,721
    vCash
    4000
    Reputation
    7051385
    Rep Power
    14140
    Well, the fight is official now and I think Hunt has a better than average chance against JDS for a couple reasons:

    - he has the greatest chin in MMA history
    - big fat Samoan power

    Some people seem to think it's going to be JDS/Nelson II, but I don't. Nelson admitted after the Mitrione fight that he had never worked on striking until 2009, about a year before that fight. He basically covered up and threw nothing but haymakers. Hunt is obviously a legit stand up fighter. K-1 WGP champ and what not. Hunt can put together a combo and has heavy, heavy kicks available if Junior doesn't look interested in going to the ground.

    I give Hunt has as good of a chance in this fight as Reem had, or any other striker in the HW division.

  19. #519
    Honus Joglund
    Honus Joglund is online now
    NWA Honus Joglund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Politzania
    Posts
    15,721
    vCash
    4000
    Reputation
    7051385
    Rep Power
    14140
    Posted Image

    Posted Image


    yeah

  20. #520
    Craig
    Craig is offline
    moo Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    31,147
    vCash
    0
    Reputation
    254898589
    Rep Power
    509865
    Quote Originally Posted by Honus Joglund View Post
    Well, the fight is official now and I think Hunt has a better than average chance against JDS for a couple reasons:

    - he has the greatest chin in MMA history
    - big fat Samoan power

    Some people seem to think it's going to be JDS/Nelson II, but I don't. Nelson admitted after the Mitrione fight that he had never worked on striking until 2009, about a year before that fight. He basically covered up and threw nothing but haymakers. Hunt is obviously a legit stand up fighter. K-1 WGP champ and what not. Hunt can put together a combo and has heavy, heavy kicks available if Junior doesn't look interested in going to the ground.

    I give Hunt has as good of a chance in this fight as Reem had, or any other striker in the HW division.
    Nonsense. Hunt is a joke.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Tags

  • arianny celeste
  • bj penn
  • brock lesnar
  • bruce buffer
  • cage
  • cain velasquez
  • dana white
  • fighting
  • gsp
  • jake shileds
  • joe rogan
  • joe son
  • jon fitch fucking asshole
  • mma
  • oleg taktarov
  • polar bear paul varelans
  • randy couture
  • rich go-go goins
  • shane carwin
  • susfc
  • the ultimate fighter
  • tuf
  • ufc
  • undertaker lesnar kayfabe

Similar Threads

  1. YOUR Ottawa Senators Thread
    By zamboner in forum Ottawa Senators Forum
    Replies: 291
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 12:16 PM
  2. Toronto Maple Leafs Thread
    By Transplanted Caper in forum Toronto Maple Leafs - #Stammer2016
    Replies: 461
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 08:00 PM
  3. The OFFICIAL 2009 Phoenix Coyotes Draft Thread
    By Alberta Yote in forum Arizona Coyotes
    Replies: 1040
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 03:52 AM
  4. the official florida everblades thread
    By cycle_it in forum Minors, Juniors, College, and Europe
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 08:06 AM
  5. Montreal Canadiens Thread
    By Tuggy in forum A place to talk with friends about the National Hockey League
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 12:07 PM