Has given rep: 201 times
Received rep: 122 times

Post #51 by mayoradamwest » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Cory Clouston is available.
PredsFan77
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 227 times

Post #52 by PredsFan77 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:17 pm

DONT WORRY GUYS. 2018 CAPTAIN SETH JONES IS GONNA RIGHT THE SHIP. GONNA HAVE TO ADD COLORADO TO THE THREAD TITLE THO. KTHX.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
PredsFan77
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 227 times

Post #53 by PredsFan77 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:59 pm

but what about RUSS TYLER AND HIS KNUCKLEPUCK
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Ricard_Persson
Has given rep: 42 times
Received rep: 56 times

Post #54 by Ricard_Persson » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:08 am

I've seen the knuckler.
Jimmy Rustlin' Dowd
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 19 times

Post #55 by Jimmy Rustlin' Dowd » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:24 am

I saw a werewolf down at Trader Vic's doing the Knuckle Puck.
Roughneck
Registered Broad
Received rep: 10 times

Post #56 by Roughneck » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Cao
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1 time
Received rep: 3 times

Post #57 by Cao » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:14 pm

dempsey_k wrote:Bylsma et al. are doorknobs, but which GM / Coach should we go with? Lombardi?

Can we be like Latvia and just hire Ted Nolan?

Lombardi is a must, but overall it seems to me like we need to overthrow the idiocy of the old guard of hockey. Five countries made glaringly stupid roster decisions (Canada, USA, Czech Republic, Sweden, and Russia), though I suppose other countries are prone to making similar mistakes if they had a large pool of talent to select from. And we all saw just how stupid the decision making gets after that ESPN piece on how the American roster was picked. It's gotten to the point where I feel like these guys are basing their choices and quotes on how good a newspaper article will make them sound. The "right" players, not the "best" players. Burke is a great negotiator, and it helps him as a GM, but he's a piss poor judge of talent and loves hearing himself speak.

Case in point about Lombardi >>>>> Burke

Poile reminds those in attendance of a detailed report prepared by Lombardi looking at the bubble defensemen and specifically a case to be made for including Keith Yandle on the 25-man roster.

Glancing at the voluminous report, Burke quips, "Why don't we read the New Testament instead?"

"Yandle is clearly the only guy that I would consider for this team. I started this trying to figure out why the kid isn't basically amongst the top six," Lombardi says.

Because the central knock on Yandle is that he's not responsible enough defensively, Lombardi says he focused on situations in which this might be revealed in Yandle's game and how the same assessment might be applied to the other candidates.

There is no question, he says, that Yandle is the superior puck-mover and uses a combination of superior skating and passing ability to move the puck quickly up the rink.

He is the highest-scoring American defenseman over the past four years, Lombardi points out.

"Why are we discounting this kid?" he asks. If they use the theory espoused by some that inclusion should be based on current level of play and body of work, "This kid's right up there with Duncan Keith in terms of points over the past four years."

Lombardi's team played Yandle and the Coyotes in the Western Conference finals two years ago and has also played St. Louis the past two playoff years.

"If you ask our coaches," Lombardi says, "Yandle scares us more than Shattenkirk."

"He's not great defensively but he's not soft," Lombardi continues.

"If this kid was playing in New York, would we be embarrassed not to take him?" Lombardi asks rhetorically, a query he will repeat several times during the meeting.

"You guys, I totally respect," Lombardi adds, finishing his presentation. "There are some holes in his game, but can we afford to pass on the highest-scoring American in the last four years?"

There is some good-natured joshing of Lombardi for the report.

"I thought it was 'Gone With The Wind,'" Burke says.

Basically, "shut up nerd". Thanks Brian.
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 344 times
Received rep: 409 times

Post #58 by edgar_dong » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:18 pm

Shut up, gook.
Artie
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 142 times
Received rep: 210 times

Post #59 by Artie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:23 pm

Cao wrote:Lombardi is a must, but overall it seems to me like we need to overthrow the idiocy of the old guard of hockey. Five countries made glaringly stupid roster decisions (Canada, USA, Czech Republic, Sweden, and Russia), though I suppose other countries are prone to making similar mistakes if they had a large pool of talent to select from. And we all saw just how stupid the decision making gets after that ESPN piece on how the American roster was picked. It's gotten to the point where I feel like these guys are basing their choices and quotes on how good a newspaper article will make them sound. The "right" players, not the "best" players. Burke is a great negotiator, and it helps him as a GM, but he's a piss poor judge of talent and loves hearing himself speak.

somebody missed the game on Sunday
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
MP
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 144 times
Received rep: 260 times

Post #60 by MP » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Artie wrote:somebody missed the game on Sunday

Kunitz. :crossarms:
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #61 by Artie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Masterplan wrote:Kunitz. :crossarms:

I don't think so....

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

Ironchef Chris Wok
Registered Broad
Received rep: 1 time

Post #62 by Ironchef Chris Wok » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Masterplan wrote:Kunitz. :crossarms:

Seriously, Giroux, Subban scratched for TWO safe defenseman (one of which didn't even fucking play), Canada just had the depth to overcome full retard that Sweden couldn't.

Benching OEL for no good reason, to play fucking Oduya, Hjalmarsson, and Jonathan Ericsson, pretty much fucking defines full retard.

The USA should have had Yandle and Ryan, but they should have had the depth to overcome such a retard decision. Why they chose to play Orpik over Shattenkirk is beyond me.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #63 by Artie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:39 pm

TJ Oshie is still scoring in the shootout...

Pennywise
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 184 times
Received rep: 22 times

Post #64 by Pennywise » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Is he making fun of Stastny with the finger written text on the window?

HEY STASSI

and Grey Goose? I find Georgi to be a bit more tasteful.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #65 by Artie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:47 pm

Filo wrote:Is he making fun of Stastny with the finger written text on the window?

HEY STASSI

and Grey Goose? I find Georgi to be a bit more tasteful.

I'm sorry was there something else in the picture besides his GF

Rogers Pancreas
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 50 times

Post #66 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:06 pm

Ironchef Chris Wok wrote:Seriously, Giroux, Subban scratched for TWO safe defenseman (one of which didn't even fucking play), Canada just had the depth to overcome full retard that Sweden couldn't.

Benching OEL for no good reason, to play fucking Oduya, Hjalmarsson, and Jonathan Ericsson, pretty much fucking defines full retard.

The USA should have had Yandle and Ryan, but they should have had the depth to overcome such a retard decision. Why they chose to play Orpik over Shattenkirk is beyond me.
Depth doesn't address stupid.
His Satanic Majestic Request
AD
Has given rep: 312 times
Received rep: 386 times

Post #67 by AD » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Artie wrote:I'm sorry was there something else in the picture besides his GF

There's a girl!!

All i saw was the boobies.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #68 by Artie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:18 pm

AD wrote:There's a girl!!

All i saw was the boobies.

i prefer context to ensure accuracy

Return to “Olympics, World Juniors, World Championships, Egon Spengler Cup”