Mohammedans (EB could be a prejudiced bigot, but at least he's not Dot)

bloop bloop blah
Jaymz
Registered Broad
Received rep: 2 times

Post #2001 by Jaymz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Right, forgot this was the internet. I'll try harder next time, I swear.
AD
Has given rep: 1175 times
Received rep: 1398 times

Post #2002 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Attitude towards homosexuality is an easy example of treatment of Islam.

When Russia (re)started its ultraconservative positions against homosexuality, very little media discussion is geared toward the christian orthodox church (or the religious element at all). The media prefers focusing on conservative policies of Putin.

But when Saudi Arabia is discussed on the subject of homosexuality, no one talks about right wing conservatives. Its Islam that is blamed.

This type of discourse skews the perception, in the West, of Islam vs Christianity. When in reality, both doctrines are so aligned on most subjects and so shitty when applied radically that any meaningful conclusion on the behavioral difference of Mulsims vs Christians must be contextualized in things other than their religion.

This is my belief of why EB is misguided (I don't really think he's a racist bigot even if he sounds like one sometimes).
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 389 times
Received rep: 653 times

Post #2003 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:17 pm

basically Christianity and Islam are pretty much the same...it's just that Christianity has progressed further along in it's barbaric approach to dealing with those in conflict with their views.

give the Muslims another 1000 or so years (can't wait to see eb and AD's descendants in this thread) to rectify this
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2004 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:01 pm

embracedbias wrote:Small clarification: I don't know how a "religion" can be defined outside of a particular historical context. Thus, your first sentence supports the conclusion that (current) Islam < (current) Christian. To put it simply.

I should also mention that this is an entirely secondary aspect of my argument. Which is that we should worry about ISLAM and not just "some extremist muslims".

God concurs

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

AD

Post #2005 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:07 pm

embracedbias wrote:Which is that we should worry about ISLAM and not just "some extremist muslims".

Oh my!...
AD

Post #2006 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:10 pm

dempsey_k wrote:Muslims are being oppressed and even victims of genocide in dozens of countries.
Christians and atheists committed genocide and waged massive wars killing over a hundred million in the past two centuries.

But we gotta look out not just for a few "extremist Muslims" but Islam as a whole.

This is why somebody rightfully called you a bigot in this thread title eb. It wasn't a joke, you are a bigot. You're a climate change denier and no stats or facts matter to you but you revel in them, as the young earth people obsess over carbon dating.

Somebody?! SOMEBODY!!!!
AD

Post #2007 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:13 pm

I don't know what I'm more upset at right now!
habfan4
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 3 times
Received rep: 20 times

Post #2008 by habfan4 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:34 pm

AD wrote:Somebody?! SOMEBODY!!!!

Dempsey's post is a steaming pile of horseshit.

Happy now?
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 275 times
Received rep: 846 times

Post #2009 by Dr_Chimera » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:44 pm

Guys, no need to get upset over this. Nobody in the real world cares what psychologists think.
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad

Post #2010 by Dr_Chimera » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:51 pm

embracedbias wrote:your wife does

My wife is dead, you insensitive prick.
AD

Post #2011 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:55 pm

embracedbias wrote:no one has ever been killed "for atheism"
christianity is partly responsible for lots of shit (crusades, inquisition) in the past, but we are (or, at least, I am) talking about now.
regardless, such cases did call for a look at christianity and atheism as a whole. Reform has occurred in the former case and, in the latter case, a closer look reveals no relevant ideology at all.

No stats or facts matter to me, but i've been the one to bring them to bear on the conversation. Think about what just fucking happened, you mongo. Jaymz posted some stats, AD declared victory, and I looked into them further (something that happened to support my point). AD (and you) is the climate denier. I made a prediction about the sub-sahara polling and I was right. Now the data is suddenly irrelevant because it doesn't support his (and your) position.

I'm perfectly open to being wrong. I haven't seen any evidence to contradict my position. Just a bunch of heavy handed insults

The data supports my position you mongo. That's the point. I continue to wait for your concession speech.

You seem to be suffering from that aphasia that hits you every so often.
AD

Post #2012 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Jeebus EB, there are thousand percent differences on the issues from one country's Muslim to the next and you continue to claim that Islam is causative of the views on those issues.

Check. Mate. This conversation is over. Recognize it and move on.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2013 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:05 pm

great now AD is gonna close the thread and restrict posting to those who agree with him

[SIZE="1"][font="Comic Sans MS"]I agree with AD[/font][/size]

AD

Post #2014 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Artie wrote:great now AD is gonna close the thread and restrict posting to those who agree with him

I would only need to close it to a single poster. Even you have the powers to do that Artie.

Edit: probably.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2015 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:08 pm

I barely have powers of persuasion

IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 139 times
Received rep: 235 times

Post #2016 by IcE ColD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:10 pm

Artie wrote:I barely have powers of persuasion

You're strong in the powers of forgetfulness though.
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2017 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:13 pm

IcE ColD wrote:You're strong in the powers of forgetfulness though.

that's hurtful and .....what was that other thing?

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2018 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:14 pm

AD

Habibi, why do you continue to engage in this futility

AD

Post #2019 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Artie wrote:AD

Habibi, why do you continue to engage in this futility

EB is wrong on the internet. I can't let that stand.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2020 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:26 pm

AD wrote:EB is wrong on the internet. I can't let that stand.

i think you are taking this janitors job too seriously...

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2021 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:48 pm

can we agree that religion is flawed because people are flawed

AD

Post #2022 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:52 pm

I've already won the argument brilliantly so I'm no gonna have another go at you. Except in what world or statistics do you find that Muslims have worst views on homosexuality? The stats we saw this morning are clear that Christians are equal/worst on that.

Now, pray tell, why is the Israeli settlers violence in the name of Judaism not a determinative aspect of how Judaism is the most violent religion.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2023 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:08 pm

dempsey_k wrote:Apparently not.

which part

Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 92 times
Received rep: 1083 times

Post #2024 by Craig » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:08 pm

AD wrote:I've already won the argument brilliantly so I'm no gonna have another go at you. Except in what world or statistics do you find that Muslims have worst views on homosexuality? The stats we saw this morning are clear that Christians are equal/worst on that.

Now, pray tell, why is the Israeli settlers violence in the name of Judaism not a determinative aspect of how Judaism is the most violent religion.

All you did was point out stuff that Fido pointed out a couple of days ago.
AD

Post #2025 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:11 pm

Craig wrote:All you did was point out stuff that Fido pointed out a couple of days ago.

:gary:

But I do it with more flair!

:banana:
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2026 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:21 pm

AD wrote:I've already won the argument brilliantly so I'm no gonna have another go at you. Except in what world or statistics do you find that Muslims have worst views on homosexuality? The stats we saw this morning are clear that Christians are equal/worst on that.

it's not about religion with the Jews...it's about land and settlement issues :dunno:

Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 92 times
Received rep: 1083 times

Post #2027 by Craig » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:24 pm

Dog wrote:Religion has little to do with it, it's mostly environmental?

:dunno:

Lol. I like how at least a third of the time EB is making arguments against himself.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2028 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Dog wrote:Religion has little to do with it, it's mostly environmental?

:dunno:

casue they already own the land and have settled on it, right

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2029 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Dog wrote:Anynywho, wtf does it matter to try untangle what is socio-economic or religion based? It's hopelessly intermingled and any change (if at all possible to influence it from the outside) would be based on improving socio-economics and open dialogue.

maybe one day this thread will serve to unite people

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2030 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:38 pm

Dog wrote:What does the fact that there are wild variations within a single religion tell you about the causative effect of that religion?

It tells me religion is not much of a factor.

so it's the environment?

excuse me I'm trying to catch up, I missed the 1st semester

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2031 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 pm

Dog wrote:You mean like global warming?

well climate does make people more irritable, so yeah, maybe

AD

Post #2032 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:50 pm

embracedbias wrote:What do you make of the fact that jews outside of israel are among the most progressive?

I make of it that Judaism isn't causative of violence.

:mkbét:
AD

Post #2033 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Craig wrote:Lol. I like how at least a third of the time EB is making arguments against himself.

40%. :colbert:
AD

Post #2034 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Dog wrote:What does the fact that there are wild variations within a single religion tell you about the causative effect of that religion?

It tells me religion is not much of a factor.

He doesn't want to answer that Dog.
AD

Post #2035 by AD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:01 pm

embracedbias wrote:The islam vs. other religions thing is secondary.

:stare:
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #2036 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:04 pm

i feel this could be a huge shift in the thread

Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad

Post #2037 by Dr_Chimera » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:06 pm

embracedbias wrote:Sorry. Your wife did.

She was kidnapped and killed by a bunch of damn dirty muslims.

Return to “bleetbloop”