MH370 Hijacking

bloop bloop blah
Artie
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 130 times
Received rep: 193 times

Post #101 by Artie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:47 pm

seems the PM says objects that have been found have been identified as part of missing plane
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 65 times
Received rep: 78 times

Post #102 by PPJ » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:53 am

Well that's a stupid place for the Russochina Terrorist Aliens to hide the plane.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #103 by Artie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:32 am

http://www.montrealgazette.com/technology/Australia+sends+planes+check+possible+objects+from+missing/9639912/story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Four military search planes were dispatched Thursday to determine whether two large objects bobbing in a remote part of the Indian Ocean are debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight.

The search for the objects could take time and Australian authorities said one of the planes was unable to locate the debris through clouds and rain, but that other planes would continue the hunt.

One of the objects spotted by satellite imagery was 24 metres in length and the other was 5 metres. There could be other objects in the area, a four-hour flight from Australia’s southwestern coast, said John Young, manager of the Australian Maritime Safety Authority’s emergency response division.

“This is a lead, it’s probably the best lead we have right now,” Young said. He cautioned that the objects could be seaborne debris along a shipping route where containers can fall off cargo vessels, although the larger object is longer than a container.

Young told a news conference in Canberra, Australia’s capital, that planes had been sent to the area about 2,500 kilometres southwest of Perth to check on the objects. He said satellite images “do not always turn out to be related to the search even if they look good, so we will hold our views on that until they are sighted close-up.”

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott earlier told Parliament about the debris, and said Orion search aircraft had been dispatched.

Young said visibility was poor and may hamper efforts to find the objects. He said they “are relatively indistinct on the imagery ... but those who are experts indicate they are credible sightings. The indication to me is of objects that are a reasonable size and probably awash with water, moving up and down over the surface.”

Military planes from Australia, the U.S. and New Zealand have been searching in a region over the southern Indian Ocean that was narrowed down from 600,000 square kilometres to 305,000 square kilometres.

Young said the depth of the ocean in the latest area, which is south from where the search had been focused since Monday, is several thousand metres. He said commercial satellites had been redirected in the hope of getting higher resolution images. He did not say when that would happen. The current images are not sharp enough to determine any markings.

The Australian Maritime Safety Authority released two images of the whitish objects floating on or just under the surface. The images were taken March 16, but Australian Air Commodore John McGarry said it took time to analyze them.

“The task of analyzing imagery is quite difficult, it requires drawing down frames and going through frame by frame. The moment this imagery was discovered to reveal a possible object that might indicate a debris field, we have passed the information from defence across to AMSA for their action,” he said.

The AMSA said on their official Twitter account that the crew of a P3 Orion plane was not able to spot the objects Thursday through limited visibility but that the search would continue.

Malaysian Defence Minister Hishammuddin Hussein told a news conference Thursday that the satellite images, “while credible, still must be confirmed.”

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #104 by Artie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:36 am

Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews
Royal Australian Air Force P3 crew unable to locate debris, cloud and rain limited visibility; further aircraft continue search

PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #105 by PPJ » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:50 am

MP
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 141 times
Received rep: 242 times

Post #106 by MP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:06 am

So the plane only crashed in the ocean?!

:squint:

Well that's boring...
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 936 times
Received rep: 532 times

Post #107 by Dog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:51 am

MP wrote:So the plane only crashed in the ocean?!

:squint:

Well that's boring...

Still looks like the pilot wanted to fly out to deep and under monitored parts of the Indian Ocean to crash in a murder-suicide. That's something.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #108 by MP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:53 am

Dog wrote:Still looks like the pilot wanted to fly out to deep and under monitored parts of the Indian Ocean to crash in a murder-suicide. That's something.

Do you think he tried to do a barrel roll or a loop-de-loop?
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #109 by Dog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:55 am

MP wrote:Do you think he tried to do a barrel roll or a loop-de-loop?

We will never trully know.

:(
MP
Registered Broad

Post #110 by MP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:59 am

Dog wrote:We will never trully know.

:(

Black box might tell us, no?
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #111 by Dog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:01 pm

MP wrote:Black box might tell us, no?

Yes and I figured that's why he wanted the plane unfound. However, it did not fit my reply so i ignored it.

Man, look what we have become! Craiging has taken up the whole site.

:facepalm:
MP
Registered Broad

Post #112 by MP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Dog wrote:Yes and I figured that's why he wanted the plane unfound. However, it did not fit my reply so i ignored it.

Man, look what we have become! Craiging has taken up the whole site.

:facepalm:

There's also the flight simulator deleted records that might shed a light on what maneuver he was practicing....
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #113 by Dog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:04 pm

:why:
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 21 times
Received rep: 139 times

Post #114 by Craig » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:13 pm

If I were committing a mass murder-suicide, I'd definitely do a few loops and shit. Heck, I'd probably jump out without a parachute, just for the ride down.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #115 by Dog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Craig wrote:If I were committing a mass murder-suicide, I'd definitely do a few loops and shit. Heck, I'd probably jump out without a parachute, just for the ride down.

You'd jump out with a parachute if you were committing suicide, greg?
MP
Registered Broad

Post #116 by MP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Figure he blacked out with the G forces instead of smoke causing the plane to drift so far off course?
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #117 by Craig » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Dog wrote:You'd jump out with a parachute if you were committing suicide, greg?

Um...no?
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #118 by Dog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Craig wrote:Um...no?

Yeah, misread.

Carry on. Carry on.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #119 by MP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Craig wrote:If I were committing a mass murder-suicide, I'd definitely do a few loops and shit. Heck, I'd probably jump out without a parachute, just for the ride down.

So after a short internet search the 777 is definitely capable of such aerobatic maneuvers, but the pilot would have to disable some of the safety guidance systems/devices to do so. It's all fitting together nicely...

Also the plane has a price tag if $261M...
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #120 by Craig » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Big#D wrote:why jump anyways when you could climb like crazy and then do a deep dive straight into the ocean. it'd be just as exciting.

I like to feel the wind in my face.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #121 by Dog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Craig wrote:I like to feel the wind in my face.

That's my schtick.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #122 by MP » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Dog wrote:That's my schtick.

You like schticks in your face?
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #123 by Artie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Dog wrote:That's my schtick.

the image of you doing this has me in hysterics

:bouillon:

Dog
Registered Broad

Post #124 by Dog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Artie wrote:the image of you doing this has me in hysterics

Was more a reference to a dog riding in a car with his head out the window. But, yeah.

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #125 by Artie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:05 pm

Dog wrote:Was more a reference to a dog riding in a car with his head out the window. But, yeah.

I know that...but that coupled with the Frankie face.

still lowling

Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 224 times

Post #126 by Macbeth » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:01 am

dempsey_k wrote:Seems most likely that it crashed somewhere, because it's exceedingly difficult to hide an airplane anywhere in its range. Maybe in Africa, but that's well out of range. But if they did find some place, some how, the passengers and the plane itself are definitely some nice hostage capital to use. A Bond movie plot could be generated here: fly high to knock the passengers out, soft-land the plane in ocean in predetermined coordinates with a bunch of pirate yachts at the ready. If our search effort has taken so fuckin long, the pirate yachts could've found them all in a day at worst.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
MP
Registered Broad

Post #127 by MP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:01 am

I believe bond would've landed it on an aircraft carrier....
jester
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #128 by jester » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:39 am

Likely because he's a functioning alcoholic.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #129 by MP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:57 am

dempsey_k wrote:Why would Bond hijack a 777 and crash it into an aircraft carrier killing thousands of people?

*opening scene* Bond is asleep on a plane. Notices the oxygen level dropping and people starting to nod off. Bond manages to bust open the oxygen mask compartment that has not deployed while remaining hidden. The plane reduces altitude and oxygen levels stabilize as hijackers with small oxygen systems make some rounds. Fisticuffs breakout, Bond deals with the hijackers, and singlehandedly regained control of the aircraft. If himself in the middle of the ocean low on fuel. Puts out mayday, US carrier responds, tells bond to perform water landing. Bond say fuck that and pulls off the impossible by landing the passenger plane on an aircraft carrier. As he disembarks he makes a quick joke to the hot flight attendant and walk away like it was nothing. *roll starting credits*
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 322 times
Received rep: 361 times

Post #130 by edgar_dong » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:09 am

MP wrote:*opening scene* Bond is asleep on a plane. Notices the oxygen level dropping and people starting to nod off. Bond manages to bust open the oxygen mask compartment that has not deployed while remaining hidden. The plane reduces altitude and oxygen levels stabilize as hijackers with small oxygen systems make some rounds. Fisticuffs breakout, Bond deals with the hijackers, and singlehandedly regained control of the aircraft. If himself in the middle of the ocean low on fuel. Puts out mayday, US carrier responds, tells bond to perform water landing. Bond say fuck that and pulls off the impossible by landing the passenger plane on an aircraft carrier. As he disembarks he makes a quick joke to the hot flight attendant and walk away like it was nothing. *roll starting credits*

Eugene Siskel and I walk out, and decide to attend the 20th anniversary screening of Penelope Spheeris's blockbuster spectacle Black Sheep next door.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #131 by MP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:14 am

Bond hater!
MP
Registered Broad

Post #132 by MP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:20 am

Most unrealistic bond moments:

001) In Live and Let Die, at the end of the movie when Bond puts the gas pellet in Mr. Big’s mouth and he inflates!!! I mean really – it’s almost as if we are all made of rubber. That just wouldn’t happen.

002) In Tomorrow Never Dies there is the scene where Bond is on the motorbike with Wai Lin when the helicopter appears to have them trapped in an alley. The helicopter is on its side. Helicopters can not physically hover like that. Just not possible. Sorry.

003) In The Living Daylights the scene in which Bond and Kara are escaping on the box of a cello in the snowy mountains and escaping soldiers on motorbikes and snow ploughs is a bit much. They didn’t even stop at the border…

004) Die Another Day had a few unrealistic events occur, but the one that still has me cringing with embarrassment today is the invisible Aston Martin. I mean really!!

005) Moonraker!!I bet you were waiting for this one. Let’s not forget it was 1979, and sci-fi films were just starting to hit our screens. I suppose it was inevitable that Bond would end up in space in one way or another. However, the scene I am referring to is the first in the movie. It’s when the space shuttle is being stolen off the back of the 747 in mid flight. Firstly, the space shuttle wouldn’t be fueled for transportation, and, well, need I go on??

006) Goldfinger: When Bond goes to open the “nuclear device” he picks up 2 solid gold bars and starts to use them to open the casing. Due to the density of gold, it is almost impossible for a person to lift even a single bar without the use of two hands. Let alone one in each hand, using them to open a box. Also let’s not forget, there was no damage to the gold. Gold being the softest of metals, it should have shown severe damage if used in that manner.

007) Who can forget the opening scene from The World Is Not Enough? Bond is chasing Cigar Girl down the Thames and the speedboat turns into a submarine for a minute whilst Bond holds his breath to straighten his tie and dive under a closing bridge. Or when he decides to cut through the streets of London, still in his speedboat, career through the fish market, and then a restaurant wall to catch her. There is no damage at all to the lightweight frame of the boat or the underside which surely with all the scraping of the London roads would have made a hole in!!!
PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #133 by PPJ » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:23 am

Stop being a wet blanket MP.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #134 by MP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:25 am

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:Stop being a wet blanket MP.

How am I being a wet blanket?
PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #135 by PPJ » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:34 am

MP wrote:How am I being a wet blanket?

Taking the fun out of Bond movies.
Lord Buckethead
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 257 times

Post #136 by Lord Buckethead » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:37 am

MP wrote:Most unrealistic bond moments:

001) In Live and Let Die, at the end of the movie when Bond puts the gas pellet in Mr. Big’s mouth and he inflates!!! I mean really – it’s almost as if we are all made of rubber. That just wouldn’t happen.

002) In Tomorrow Never Dies there is the scene where Bond is on the motorbike with Wai Lin when the helicopter appears to have them trapped in an alley. The helicopter is on its side. Helicopters can not physically hover like that. Just not possible. Sorry.

003) In The Living Daylights the scene in which Bond and Kara are escaping on the box of a cello in the snowy mountains and escaping soldiers on motorbikes and snow ploughs is a bit much. They didn’t even stop at the border…

004) Die Another Day had a few unrealistic events occur, but the one that still has me cringing with embarrassment today is the invisible Aston Martin. I mean really!!

005) Moonraker!!I bet you were waiting for this one. Let’s not forget it was 1979, and sci-fi films were just starting to hit our screens. I suppose it was inevitable that Bond would end up in space in one way or another. However, the scene I am referring to is the first in the movie. It’s when the space shuttle is being stolen off the back of the 747 in mid flight. Firstly, the space shuttle wouldn’t be fueled for transportation, and, well, need I go on??

006) Goldfinger: When Bond goes to open the “nuclear device” he picks up 2 solid gold bars and starts to use them to open the casing. Due to the density of gold, it is almost impossible for a person to lift even a single bar without the use of two hands. Let alone one in each hand, using them to open a box. Also let’s not forget, there was no damage to the gold. Gold being the softest of metals, it should have shown severe damage if used in that manner.

007) Who can forget the opening scene from The World Is Not Enough? Bond is chasing Cigar Girl down the Thames and the speedboat turns into a submarine for a minute whilst Bond holds his breath to straighten his tie and dive under a closing bridge. Or when he decides to cut through the streets of London, still in his speedboat, career through the fish market, and then a restaurant wall to catch her. There is no damage at all to the lightweight frame of the boat or the underside which surely with all the scraping of the London roads would have made a hole in!!!

Best Bond quote:

And I thought Christmas only comes once a year.

:stare:
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 322 times
Received rep: 361 times

Post #137 by edgar_dong » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:39 am

MP wrote:006) Goldfinger: When Bond goes to open the “nuclear device” he picks up 2 solid gold bars and starts to use them to open the casing. Due to the density of gold, it is almost impossible for a person to lift even a single bar without the use of two hands. Let alone one in each hand, using them to open a box. Also let’s not forget, there was no damage to the gold. Gold being the softest of metals, it should have shown severe damage if used in that manner

Lmao, if Will Crystal's seminal 1995 work City Slickers II: The Legend of Curlanious's Gold taught me anything it's that not even a powerful butter knife can damage gold.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #138 by Artie » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 am

Jesus Christ, MP... when did you become the mousseoque of Bond movies

senate
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 248 times
Received rep: 183 times

Post #139 by senate » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:49 am

The Bond movies are documentaries and the events happen in real time.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #140 by Dog » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:38 pm

senate wrote:The Bond movies are documentaries and the events happen in real time.

I had no idea. This is crazy!
MP
Registered Broad

Post #141 by MP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Artie wrote:Jesus Christ, MP... when did you become the mousseoque of Bond movies

Mousseoque? I was pointing out that my script landing of a Boeing 777 on an aircraft carrier it plausible in the realm of Bond, and Dempsey was the one being the wet blanket.
AD
Has given rep: 281 times
Received rep: 307 times

Post #142 by AD » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:13 pm

MP, I strongly suggest changing your name back. This one is ruined now.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #143 by MP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:21 pm

AD wrote:MP, I strongly suggest changing your name back. This one is ruined now.

I like that it is less typing every time I log in. Don't worry there's no shame in being the 2nd best poster with a two letter username...
AD
Has given rep: 281 times
Received rep: 307 times

Post #144 by AD » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:22 pm

Hey.. it goes PK, AD, everyone else with a two letter username.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #145 by MP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:22 pm

The Bytown Boozer wrote:Why do y'all hate Bono so much anyways?

I mean sure his music is unrealistically bad, but he's a likeable man with good intentions.

Bono wouldn't be able to land a passenger plane on an aircraft carrier. I'm pretty confident on that point.
PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #146 by PPJ » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Bono's music is great. It's the rest of the BS I can't stand.

Return to “bleetbloop”