Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

the tendon-cy to retire is natural.
now with even more memorial.
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8200
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 17 times
Contact:

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #351 by Hovercraft » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:04 pm

10 games for Gudas.

We need Macdonald back. Feel dirty typing that.

Are Morin and Myers healthy for phantoms now?
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6578
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #352 by GoneFullHextall » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:35 pm

JLHockeyKnight wrote:
GoneFullHextall wrote:cant score goals and the goaltending gives up 1 or 2.
score 4 and the goaltending gives up 5.

Flyers hockey.


Honestly I feel bad for Elliott. 3 powerplay goals, a breakaway, and a back door odd man rush. The rest of the team wasn't giving him much to work with.

Factor in the two 1-goal games against the Wild, he can't seem to catch a break.


didn't watch the game. was listening to my college football team lay a big turd on Saturday. Hopefully Saturdays game will get Patrick's game going. scored a goal and I heard a great save prevented a 2nd.
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10172
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #353 by Rogers Pancreas » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 am

Hovercraft wrote:10 games for Gudas.

We need Macdonald back. Feel dirty typing that.

Are Morin and Myers healthy for phantoms now?

The two are back, and are on the same pairing. Whether they're totally healthy or not... I can't answer that, but by all accounts the two have been playing very well together.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Posts: 4061
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm
Has given rep: 18 times
Received rep: 24 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #354 by DeadPhish » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:11 am

Kinda sad that the Eagles have more wins than the Flyers.
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10172
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #355 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:15 pm

And, it's not getting any better tonight.

EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #356 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:49 pm

Flyers up 1-0, turns out my jerkoff friend went to the game the Nucks score 4 straight. He missed the Flyers' goal as well this fucking guy man
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10172
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #357 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:21 pm

I miss the days when Richards and Carter would dominate the PK. Now, it's turned into a coin-flip as to whether or not we're going to get scored on.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Posts: 4061
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm
Has given rep: 18 times
Received rep: 24 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #358 by DeadPhish » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:39 am

Konecny HypeTrain Captain wrote:Flyers up 1-0, turns out my jerkoff friend went to the game the Nucks score 4 straight. He missed the Flyers' goal as well this fucking guy man


I was actually thinking about that last night. I really dont like your friend.
User avatar
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 21 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #359 by CantSeeColors » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 am

Morin and Martel both called up. I think I'd have brought Vecchione up before Martel, but I'm not going to complain about this.
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10172
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #360 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:37 am

Radko Gudas said Monday he was caught off-guard by the NHL's Department of Player Safety decision to hand him a 10-game suspension for slashing Winnipeg Jets forward Mathieu Perreault over the back of the head.

Gudas waived his right to his an in-person hearing, and was therefore aware his ban could be more than five games. However, he did not expect to number of games to hit 10.

"I was surprised. I did not expect that, no," Gudas told reporters.

Gudas was a repeat offender in the eyes of the league office, picking up his third suspension in as many seasons. He noted Monday that his past run-ins with the league have been for hits, not stick infractions.

“Before, I never used my stick in any way like that. It was unfortunate,” he said.

The 27-year-old said he would not be appealing the league's suspension, but added, "I don't agree with it."

link

Never change, Meatball. Never. Change.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #361 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:45 pm

DeadPhish wrote:
Konecny HypeTrain Captain wrote:Flyers up 1-0, turns out my jerkoff friend went to the game the Nucks score 4 straight. He missed the Flyers' goal as well this fucking guy man


I was actually thinking about that last night. I really dont like your friend.


I'm genuinely about to throw a brick through his window next time he goes to a game.
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6578
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #362 by GoneFullHextall » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 pm

Gudas doesn't get it. no remorse at all.
he is lucky he didn't get more. next time he will. I don't know if he knows where that line is and where to cross it. I have zero tolerance for that garbage. If you are mad at the guy, take a number and hit him. don't use your stick as a weapon. goddamn idiot.
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8200
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 17 times
Contact:

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #363 by Hovercraft » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:55 am

Another crappy loss, PK still brutal. At least Raffl and Leier scored but we are a pretty garbage team right now.
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #364 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Go team?
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #365 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:22 pm

This Nolan guy is going to be a very very good national hockey league player
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #366 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:45 pm

:(
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8200
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 17 times
Contact:

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #367 by Hovercraft » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Typical Flyers letting a goal in with 15 seconds left in period.
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #368 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:10 pm

GEEROO!!!!
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #369 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:14 pm

fuck yea
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #370 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Jesus
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #371 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:06 pm

That sequence of events, the fuck am I watching?
MiD
Registered Broad
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:49 am
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 6 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #372 by MiD » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:12 pm

unfuckinbelievable
what is hooking?
did Islander need to kill somebody to get penalty?
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10172
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #373 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:14 pm

Just win, and once the game's over beat the living christ out of the officials verbally.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8200
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 17 times
Contact:

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #374 by Hovercraft » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Giroux voracek and Ghost are one of the deadliest 3on 3 combos, why don't we use them anymore? So many OTL already.
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10172
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #375 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:52 pm

We've got a Hak.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 21 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #376 by CantSeeColors » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Konecny HypeTrain Captain wrote:That sequence of events, the fuck am I watching?

Your friend got there right around the end of the second period, didn't he?
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17068
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 74 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #377 by jester » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:56 pm

I really hope patience remains the mantra with everyone involved ... this is a really young team, this type of stuff happens. I'm ambivalent about Hak one way or the other, but am pretty strongly against a midseason coaching change given the roster. The pitchforks are going to be sharpened by some, though.
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6578
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #378 by GoneFullHextall » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:27 am

how many games has this team pissed away. I know there are some young guys on this team, but they still need to close that game out. the confidence this team has once a team cuts a 2 goal lead down to one is zero. they play like they are waiting something bad to happen. fuck the refs. they are not the reason they pissed that game away in the 3rd.
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17068
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 74 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #379 by jester » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:28 am

GoneFullHextall wrote:how many games has this team pissed away. I know there are some young guys on this team, but they still need to close that game out. the confidence this team has once a team cuts a 2 goal lead down to one is zero. they play like they are waiting something bad to happen. fuck the refs. they are not the reason they pissed that game away in the 3rd.


As I said at the beginning of the season with regard to the idea that Hextall and co. need to be thinking about "win now" decisions ... this team is nowhere near that point yet. They have talent, but a shit ton of youth. Even the guys we expect to count on like Ghost are young NHL players. We are playing a 2nd year 20 year old D huge minutes ... and have other rookie D logging significant minutes. We have numerous rookies/2nd year guys at forward ... you just don't win consistently in the NHL with rosters filled out like that all too often.

They're in a bit of a rut right now. Some of that is shit luck, some of that is the luck they've made for themselves. Hopefully they learn from it. But the thing is, would anyone be shocked if they went on a mini tear out of this? I wouldn't. I think the goal for this season will be for some consistency to develop in the second half that can be carried into next year. If they make the playoffs, that's great ... but it's all about growth.
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #380 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:50 am

CantSeeColors wrote:
Konecny HypeTrain Captain wrote:That sequence of events, the fuck am I watching?

Your friend got there right around the end of the second period, didn't he?


I was with him tonight, he says "I think I might have to bandwagon the Eagles because of Wentz" He's a Giants fan, if anything bad happens Sunday I'm killing this kid.

He wasn't at the game, but watched it still blaming him honestly.
MiD
Registered Broad
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:49 am
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 6 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #381 by MiD » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:05 am

GoneFullHextall wrote:how many games has this team pissed away. I know there are some young guys on this team, but they still need to close that game out. the confidence this team has once a team cuts a 2 goal lead down to one is zero. they play like they are waiting something bad to happen. fuck the refs. they are not the reason they pissed that game away in the 3rd.
Maybe refs aren't the reason, but they were big part in both Islanders games... I know that asking for consistency from game to game is too much, but how can one ref in span of less then minute make two different calls? I would expect hefty fine for Hex or Hak for going after refs, instead Ghost will bark from bench and we saw how that ends in Flames game
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10172
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #382 by Rogers Pancreas » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:32 am

jester wrote:I really hope patience remains the mantra with everyone involved ... this is a really young team, this type of stuff happens. I'm ambivalent about Hak one way or the other, but am pretty strongly against a midseason coaching change given the roster. The pitchforks are going to be sharpened by some, though.

You may be ambivalent, but you can't ignore the impact confidence has in player development. And I don't claim to know what's going on in the room. That's up to Hextall to gauge, and weigh in his decision making process when/if he starts to look at coaching.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10172
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #383 by Rogers Pancreas » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:36 am

jester wrote:As I said at the beginning of the season with regard to the idea that Hextall and co. need to be thinking about "win now" decisions ... this team is nowhere near that point yet. They have talent, but a shit ton of youth. Even the guys we expect to count on like Ghost are young NHL players. We are playing a 2nd year 20 year old D huge minutes ... and have other rookie D logging significant minutes. We have numerous rookies/2nd year guys at forward ... you just don't win consistently in the NHL with rosters filled out like that all too often.

I'm not exactly certain, but I think we have one of if not the youngest blueline in the NHL.

I'm hoping this year Hextall can find another defenseman or two in the draft, because once Morin, Hagg, and Sanheim graduate we're going to have Myers in the final leg of his development, and then the well's going to be pretty dry.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17068
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 74 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #384 by jester » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Rogers Pancreas wrote:
jester wrote:I really hope patience remains the mantra with everyone involved ... this is a really young team, this type of stuff happens. I'm ambivalent about Hak one way or the other, but am pretty strongly against a midseason coaching change given the roster. The pitchforks are going to be sharpened by some, though.

You may be ambivalent, but you can't ignore the impact confidence has in player development. And I don't claim to know what's going on in the room. That's up to Hextall to gauge, and weigh in his decision making process when/if he starts to look at coaching.


Player development is a pretty subjective and dubious line of critique. Was Ghost's development harmed last year? Laughton? Provorov? How much is on coaching/staff, and how much is on the players?
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10172
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #385 by Rogers Pancreas » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:02 pm

jester wrote:
Rogers Pancreas wrote:
jester wrote:I really hope patience remains the mantra with everyone involved ... this is a really young team, this type of stuff happens. I'm ambivalent about Hak one way or the other, but am pretty strongly against a midseason coaching change given the roster. The pitchforks are going to be sharpened by some, though.

You may be ambivalent, but you can't ignore the impact confidence has in player development. And I don't claim to know what's going on in the room. That's up to Hextall to gauge, and weigh in his decision making process when/if he starts to look at coaching.


Player development is a pretty subjective and dubious line of critique. Was Ghost's development harmed last year? Laughton? Provorov? How much is on coaching/staff, and how much is on the players?

Subjective? Yes. Dubious? Absolutely not. And if you're pointing to Ghost, Laughton, and Provorov, you might want to take a couple steps back. It's still very early in the game, yet.

For every Ghost, there's a Sbisa. For every Provorov... you can take you pick. It's only been 15 years since the Flyers drafted Pitkanen.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17068
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 74 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #386 by jester » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Rogers Pancreas wrote:
jester wrote:
Rogers Pancreas wrote:You may be ambivalent, but you can't ignore the impact confidence has in player development. And I don't claim to know what's going on in the room. That's up to Hextall to gauge, and weigh in his decision making process when/if he starts to look at coaching.


Player development is a pretty subjective and dubious line of critique. Was Ghost's development harmed last year? Laughton? Provorov? How much is on coaching/staff, and how much is on the players?

Subjective? Yes. Dubious? Absolutely not. And if you're pointing to Ghost, Laughton, and Provorov, you might want to take a couple steps back. It's still very early in the game, yet.

For every Ghost, there's a Sbisa. For every Provorov... you can take you pick. It's only been 15 years since the Flyers drafted Pitkanen.


I'm not sure we need to be evaluating the player development of Clarke and Hitch.

But all of that highlights how hard it is to evaluate player development. You push the right buttons in one spot and the wrong ones in another. Much like presidents and the economy, outside of some relatively obvious stuff I think it's easy to cast too much credit and blame for outcome on staff, and, more importantly, get too caught up in the minutiae at the expense of the big picture.

Everyone flipped their shit over the management of Ghost last year, and he signed an extension and has looked great this year. Laughton in the AHL was a travesty, but he looks much better.

With young teams, I think patience across the board pays dividends.
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6578
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #387 by GoneFullHextall » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:13 am

MiD wrote:
GoneFullHextall wrote:how many games has this team pissed away. I know there are some young guys on this team, but they still need to close that game out. the confidence this team has once a team cuts a 2 goal lead down to one is zero. they play like they are waiting something bad to happen. fuck the refs. they are not the reason they pissed that game away in the 3rd.
Maybe refs aren't the reason, but they were big part in both Islanders games... I know that asking for consistency from game to game is too much, but how can one ref in span of less then minute make two different calls? I would expect hefty fine for Hex or Hak for going after refs, instead Ghost will bark from bench and we saw how that ends in Flames game


the officiating in the league sucks. But I don't buy that there is a bias, or that the refs don't respect Hak or whatever. If that was the case then why did the Flyers lead the league in PP chances and had a pretty high disparity in PP to PK chances last season. I am fully on board with the officiating being ass. But I don't buy the bias bullshit.
MiD
Registered Broad
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:49 am
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 6 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #388 by MiD » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:18 am

GoneFullHextall wrote:the officiating in the league sucks. But I don't buy that there is a bias, or that the refs don't respect Hak or whatever. If that was the case then why did the Flyers lead the league in PP chances and had a pretty high disparity in PP to PK chances last season. I am fully on board with the officiating being ass. But I don't buy the bias bullshit.
I'm with you that refs sucks and generally aren't bias, but I would like to see after games like against Islanders Hak or Hextall going berserk, because Islanders had 3 penalties and PS in 2 games. That numbers are amazing in times where TV crews have trouble to find footage of some of hooks or slashes.
User avatar
dbr
Registered Broad
Posts: 8448
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm
Has given rep: 11 times
Received rep: 2 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #389 by dbr » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:18 pm

Full blown meltdown over on HF.
User avatar
JLHockeyKnight
Registered Broad
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Central Jersey
Has given rep: 57 times
Received rep: 26 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #390 by JLHockeyKnight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:45 pm

MiD wrote:
GoneFullHextall wrote:the officiating in the league sucks. But I don't buy that there is a bias, or that the refs don't respect Hak or whatever. If that was the case then why did the Flyers lead the league in PP chances and had a pretty high disparity in PP to PK chances last season. I am fully on board with the officiating being ass. But I don't buy the bias bullshit.
I'm with you that refs sucks and generally aren't bias, but I would like to see after games like against Islanders Hak or Hextall going berserk, because Islanders had 3 penalties and PS in 2 games. That numbers are amazing in times where TV crews have trouble to find footage of some of hooks or slashes.


Speaking of slashes, is it me or did they loosen up on the slashing calls once the regular season starts? They called every little tap possible in the pre-season, and made it known they were going to get stricter. Then they seemed to immediately stop at the start of the season.
MiD
Registered Broad
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:49 am
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 6 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #391 by MiD » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:35 pm

dbr wrote:Full blown meltdown over on HF.

why?
User avatar
JLHockeyKnight
Registered Broad
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Central Jersey
Has given rep: 57 times
Received rep: 26 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #392 by JLHockeyKnight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:09 pm

MiD wrote:
dbr wrote:Full blown meltdown over on HF.

why?


I haven't looked but I'll wager to guess 7 game losing streak mixed with Hakstol benching Leier and Weal for Weise and Lehtera. End of the world level shit.
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6578
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #393 by GoneFullHextall » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:56 am

JLHockeyKnight wrote:
MiD wrote:
GoneFullHextall wrote:the officiating in the league sucks. But I don't buy that there is a bias, or that the refs don't respect Hak or whatever. If that was the case then why did the Flyers lead the league in PP chances and had a pretty high disparity in PP to PK chances last season. I am fully on board with the officiating being ass. But I don't buy the bias bullshit.
I'm with you that refs sucks and generally aren't bias, but I would like to see after games like against Islanders Hak or Hextall going berserk, because Islanders had 3 penalties and PS in 2 games. That numbers are amazing in times where TV crews have trouble to find footage of some of hooks or slashes.


Speaking of slashes, is it me or did they loosen up on the slashing calls once the regular season starts? They called every little tap possible in the pre-season, and made it known they were going to get stricter. Then they seemed to immediately stop at the start of the season.


I haven't watched as many games on TV as others. I listen to a lot of games on Sirius. I don't know the stats honestly. But I haven't heard it mentioned about the loosening of the new rule.
User avatar
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Posts: 10698
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm
Has given rep: 917 times
Received rep: 466 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #394 by vonbonds » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:15 pm

I think they’re stricter than in years past with slashes and hooking/holding/interference. They want to stop fingers getting chopped off and players as skilled as Johnny Hockey in Calgary missing big chunks of seasons due to laziness and less skilled players.
User avatar
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Posts: 4061
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm
Has given rep: 18 times
Received rep: 24 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #395 by DeadPhish » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Starting to be a chore to watch anymore. Please win tonight!
User avatar
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Posts: 4061
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm
Has given rep: 18 times
Received rep: 24 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #396 by DeadPhish » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:45 pm

What’s a PPG Paints?
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10172
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #397 by Rogers Pancreas » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 pm

DeadPhish wrote:Starting to be a chore to watch anymore. Please win tonight!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the team dressed tonight.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #398 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Flipping between the Flyers and Sixers, Gost's shot is really something and then Hagg hits the bar. They look like they're skating tonight?
User avatar
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Posts: 4061
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm
Has given rep: 18 times
Received rep: 24 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #399 by DeadPhish » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:28 pm

Not terrible. But they did take off the last 5-10 minutes of the first.
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Re: Philadelphia Wheat Kings 2017-18 GDT!!!

Post #400 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:29 pm

These posts are pissing me off

Return to “The Eric Wellwood Memorial Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests