2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

the tendon-cy to retire is natural.
now with even more memorial.
User avatar
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 21 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #501 by CantSeeColors » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:49 pm

I can also dig this if it leads to Hagg or Morin becoming a Flyer for the rest of the season.
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 4 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #502 by FlyHigh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:49 pm

One thing to note is that Filppula has an NMC, so we'll have to protect him in the expansion draft (which means one of Raffl/Cousins will be exposed I assume).
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8199
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 17 times
Contact:

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #503 by Hovercraft » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:52 pm

FlyHigh wrote:One thing to note is that Filppula has an NMC, so we'll have to protect him in the expansion draft (which means one of Raffl/Cousins will be exposed I assume).


Or did he just lose his NMC by waiving it to come to us? How does that work?

Interested to see how the lines shake out. Do you make a shutdown line with Raffl-Couturier-Read or something and make 2 scoring lines with the rest? Do you put Giroux and Voracek back together to kick start Giroux?
User avatar
dbr
Registered Broad
Posts: 8448
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm
Has given rep: 11 times
Received rep: 2 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #504 by dbr » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Re: other teams around the league.

I don't understand both the Habs and Sens today.
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 4 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #505 by FlyHigh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:05 pm

Hovercraft wrote:
FlyHigh wrote:One thing to note is that Filppula has an NMC, so we'll have to protect him in the expansion draft (which means one of Raffl/Cousins will be exposed I assume).


Or did he just lose his NMC by waiving it to come to us? How does that work?

Interested to see how the lines shake out. Do you make a shutdown line with Raffl-Couturier-Read or something and make 2 scoring lines with the rest? Do you put Giroux and Voracek back together to kick start Giroux?


I don't think so, I'm pretty sure CBJ still have to protect Hartnell and Clarkson.

Does Flip (not spelling Filppula!) still play C? From a talent standpoint, it seems pretty solid to me honestly. If he's a C, hopefully that makes the LW move permanent for Schenn. Konecny is skating again too, so I guess that's good. Even if Raffl ends up going to Vegas, not necessarily the end of the world I guess.

Wonder if another forward will be dealt/released, bit of a logjam there now. Or maybe the Weal experiment is done.
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8199
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 17 times
Contact:

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #506 by Hovercraft » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:36 pm

I think he has mostly played C during his time in Tampa. Also we apparently retained 4.7% of Streit's cap hit. Where does that number even come from?!

Streit to Pitt for a 4th.
User avatar
dbr
Registered Broad
Posts: 8448
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm
Has given rep: 11 times
Received rep: 2 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #507 by dbr » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Tampa retaining 50% of Streit's salary.
MiD
Registered Broad
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:49 am
Has given rep: 24 times
Received rep: 6 times

Re: RE: Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #508 by MiD » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Hovercraft wrote:I think he has mostly played C during his time in Tampa. Also we apparently retained 4.7% of Streit's cap hit. Where does that number even come from?!

Streit to Pitt for a 4th.

apparently that was difference between contracts
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 4 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #509 by FlyHigh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Man kind of a brilliant sequence by Yzerman to ditch Flip and not send any assets with him. Also worked out well for us and Pitt. The rare 3 team trade where everyone's a winner.
User avatar
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 21 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #510 by CantSeeColors » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 pm

FlyHigh wrote:Man kind of a brilliant sequence by Yzerman to ditch Flip and not send any assets with him. Also worked out well for us and Pitt. The rare 3 team trade where everyone's a winner.

Go read BSH - they seem to disagree. Everyone losing their minds over there is high comedy. They seem to think VF is the offense version of MacDonald or something.
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8199
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 17 times
Contact:

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #511 by Hovercraft » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:57 pm

I do think we take on a bit of salary risk for next year, but without Streit, MDZ, Mason, Schultz and whoever Vegas takes we should have cap flexibility. Not like Flip has 4 years left or something.

Weise deal is still more of an issue.

Raffl our 6-8 weeks apparently.
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 4 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #512 by FlyHigh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:15 pm

CantSeeColors wrote:
FlyHigh wrote:Man kind of a brilliant sequence by Yzerman to ditch Flip and not send any assets with him. Also worked out well for us and Pitt. The rare 3 team trade where everyone's a winner.

Go read BSH - they seem to disagree. Everyone losing their minds over there is high comedy. They seem to think VF is the offense version of MacDonald or something.


Ha, yeah took a spin through the comments section, woof. It's funny how Hextall has (deservedly for the most part) gotten a lot of credit for staying out of free agent frenzy and now people are angry because this means we won't have cap space on July 1.
User avatar
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 21 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #513 by CantSeeColors » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Even with this deal, what do we really need cap space for? They're sitting on like $13 mil cap space for next year and Ghost is the only guy who might get a substantial raise.
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 4 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #514 by FlyHigh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:40 pm

CantSeeColors wrote:Even with this deal, what do we really need cap space for? They're sitting on like $13 mil cap space for next year and Ghost is the only guy who might get a substantial raise.


Yeah, silver lining of the Ghost season is that they might be able to lowball him based just on counting stats and it's not like there's a constitutional requirement for teams to use all of their cap space. Wouldn't be opposed to a long Ghost contract if they could get him at a fairly low number (kind of like what they did with Couturier).

The main argument against Flip I could see would be "blocking young guys from breaking in", which I can empathize with. Would also be mildly annoyed if this means they lose Cousins, but hopefully they'd just protect him and expose Raffl/Weise.
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10166
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 50 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #515 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Today's all kinds of bitter-sweet.

Neuvirth: I disliked seeing the career back-up getting rewarded for putting together the worst series of his career, while leaving the starter that's historically performed well left out in the cold. But I can live with it because of the terms, and because we know there are plenty of prospects coming through the pipe-line. Something had to give.

Bellmare: I disliked seeing another fourth-liner signed to a multi-year deal given how the wunder-twins have played thiss season. But because VandeVelde's still unsigned, and because of the terms associated with PEB's new deal, it's another one I can live with. It's not anything Hextall can't work around if something comes up.

Streit: I was glad to see a defenseman moved to potentially make room for Hagg/Morin/Sanheim. I was glad to see another center brought in with some offensive upside to help support Giroux. I was glad to pick up a mid-round draft pick in the process. Still, picking up $5 million against the cap next season for a player that might be good is kind of... meh. You know?
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 4 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #516 by FlyHigh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:23 pm

The more I think about it, the more the terms on Neuvirth and PEB bug me. Neuvirth signed at 1.625 in summer of 2015 coming off a season where he played 32 games and had a .914. Over his Flyers tenure, he's had 1 very good season and 1 very bad one. His save percentage over 2 seasons with the Flyers is .911. How the heck does that justify an $875K raise when the cap has stayed flat? Also, if it's an expansion draft play, why not just sign him for one year? Again, the dude has a .887 this year. He's not going to be getting huge offers this summer.

Similarly, PEB is literally the worst-scoring 5v5 forward over the past 3 years in the entire NHL. Why are they doubling his salary?

I mean, I do get that the "terms" aspect isn't really the problematic part of either of these deals, but I still just don't get it.
User avatar
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Posts: 10619
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm
Has given rep: 900 times
Received rep: 459 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #517 by vonbonds » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:41 pm

I didn't think anyone would want Streit..you have a good GM.
User avatar
Kilgore Trout
Registered Broad
Posts: 2195
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 am
Has given rep: 18 times
Received rep: 13 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #518 by Kilgore Trout » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Did streit have another year, or no?
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10166
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 50 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #519 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:11 pm

He did not.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 21 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #520 by CantSeeColors » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:17 am

FlyHigh wrote:
CantSeeColors wrote:Even with this deal, what do we really need cap space for? They're sitting on like $13 mil cap space for next year and Ghost is the only guy who might get a substantial raise.


Yeah, silver lining of the Ghost season is that they might be able to lowball him based just on counting stats and it's not like there's a constitutional requirement for teams to use all of their cap space. Wouldn't be opposed to a long Ghost contract if they could get him at a fairly low number (kind of like what they did with Couturier).

The main argument against Flip I could see would be "blocking young guys from breaking in", which I can empathize with. Would also be mildly annoyed if this means they lose Cousins, but hopefully they'd just protect him and expose Raffl/Weise.

Yeah, if the Russian german were ready to compete for 3C next year, I might have a problem with this, but if the biggest name he's blocking is nick cousins.... meh. We needed better center play, and we probably just got it for a year

As for the two year deal for neuvirth, he probably wouldn't have accepted a one year deal knowing that the team needed expansion fodder. That's better leverage than people seem to be realizing
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 4 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #521 by FlyHigh » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:37 am

I wouldn't have been averse to playing "chicken" with him, it kinda reminds me of 2009 when Biron had high contract demands and they went out and preemptively signed Emery instead of waiting Marty out (miss that guy).
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8199
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 17 times
Contact:

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #522 by Hovercraft » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:45 am

Hextall said he didn't want to go into the off season with no goalies signed. Said he isn't ruling out signing Mason still, but I assume Hey will ask for a paycut if that were to happen.
User avatar
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 21 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #523 by CantSeeColors » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:46 am

Normally I'd have advocated for playing chicken, but potentially losing Stolarz to expansion throws a wrench in that.
User avatar
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Posts: 4061
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm
Has given rep: 18 times
Received rep: 24 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #524 by DeadPhish » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:00 pm

Bellemare is the new alternate captain. Didn't realize he was one of the leaders on the team.
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17066
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 74 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #525 by jester » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:39 pm

It doesn't shock me. However you feel about the contract, etc., he very clearly is a guy that goes out there and plays the game the right way. I saw some folks bitching about Couturier or someone not getting chosen, but I'd much rather have older players getting these added "responsibilities"--even if they are mostly BS/spokesman stuff.
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8199
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 17 times
Contact:

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #526 by Hovercraft » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Yeah I have no problem with PEB as an A. It's clear he's sticking around, and is a "true pro". Couturier and Voracek have enough to worry about on the ice.
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6569
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 28 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #527 by GoneFullHextall » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:01 pm

well they were going to have to address the 2C slot in the offseason anyway. the trade gives the Flyers a look at one for one year at likely what they would of paid on the open market for a lot more years. (see Backes for example). Worse that comes out of this is he doesn't work out and he is flipped at the deadline or walks in July of 18.
Streit was a good soldier here and probably was better than most expected(well the first 2 years anyway) but his body was breaking down at the end like Kimmo's was
really don't want either goalie back next year, but I understand why Hextall brought back Nuevy. Maybe Mason Biron'd his way off this team next year with his demands
pretty meh on the PEB deal as well.
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10166
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 50 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #528 by Rogers Pancreas » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Hovercraft wrote:Yeah I have no problem with PEB as an A. It's clear he's sticking around, and is a "true pro". Couturier and Voracek have enough to worry about on the ice.

Agreed. And that's always been a bitch of mine - players getting captaincy based on their production rather than actual leadership ability. I feel it puts too much pressure on the players to produce, and it forces them to deal with some of our asshole members in the media that turn on players quickly, and maliciously based on really petty shit.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6569
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 28 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #529 by GoneFullHextall » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:07 am

I don't have an issue with PEB getting a letter.
people losing their shit over it is pretty amusing. I mean the easy choice would of been Jake, but I have no issue with it. he seems like a well respected guy in the room. I
The one dude at HF spewing off about Jake isn't going to listen to PEB because he hasn't been in the league long enough just about summed up the stupid on the internet.
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8199
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 17 times
Contact:

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #530 by Hovercraft » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:55 am

Clement literally called him a true professional last night hahaha. Good ol predictable hockey speak.
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10166
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 50 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #531 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:54 pm

Clement doesn't know shit about piss.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
Sweet Dee
Registered Broad
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:45 pm
Location: Maple Shade, NJ
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 16 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #532 by Sweet Dee » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:11 pm

He knows a thing or two about left handed larceny and right handed robbery though...
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 4 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #533 by FlyHigh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Thought this was pretty entertaining: https://sports.vice.com/ca/article/mayh ... yers-brawl

Had completely forgotten that Brashear went after Pothier after he fought Ray. The Timander-Chara fight was pretty hilarious just because Timander wanted absolutely no part of Big Z and was yelling at the linesman to jump in. I remember being early in high school and watching on TV, pretty sure it was a Friday night and was already pumped up cause we were blowing the Sens out after they had beaten us in the POs a couple times in the early 2000s and cheapshotted Recchi. Probably my favorite Flyers team, still feel like they got robbed of the Cup by the hockey gods with those injuries on D.
User avatar
Sweet Dee
Registered Broad
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:45 pm
Location: Maple Shade, NJ
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 16 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #534 by Sweet Dee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:03 pm

That game was so epic they re-aired it a day or two later. That was one crazy awesome game.
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10166
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 50 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #535 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:32 pm

The 2010 team was still my favorite, followed closely by the LOD in '97.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8199
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 17 times
Contact:

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #536 by Hovercraft » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:55 pm

2004 really got me into it. Suprimeau.
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6569
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 28 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #537 by GoneFullHextall » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:23 am

Flyers would of won the Cup in 2004 if they weren't so wrecked by injuries on the backend they had to play Kapanen on defense.
2004 team was on of my favorite teams ever. they fought and left it all on the ice. I almost cried when Gagne scored in OT in game 6 against Tampa because I thought they were a team of destiny.
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6569
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 28 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #538 by GoneFullHextall » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:31 am

FlyHigh wrote:Thought this was pretty entertaining: https://sports.vice.com/ca/article/mayh ... yers-brawl

Had completely forgotten that Brashear went after Pothier after he fought Ray. The Timander-Chara fight was pretty hilarious just because Timander wanted absolutely no part of Big Z and was yelling at the linesman to jump in. I remember being early in high school and watching on TV, pretty sure it was a Friday night and was already pumped up cause we were blowing the Sens out after they had beaten us in the POs a couple times in the early 2000s and cheapshotted Recchi. Probably my favorite Flyers team, still feel like they got robbed of the Cup by the hockey gods with those injuries on D.


I think they played a game up in Ottawa a couple weeks later or so and there was like 6 or 8 combined PIMS.
User avatar
Kilgore Trout
Registered Broad
Posts: 2195
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 am
Has given rep: 18 times
Received rep: 13 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #539 by Kilgore Trout » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:56 am

GoneFullHextall wrote:Flyers would of won the Cup in 2004 if they weren't so wrecked by injuries on the backend they had to play Kapanen on defense.
2004 team was on of my favorite teams ever. they fought and left it all on the ice. I almost cried when Gagne scored in OT in game 6 against Tampa because I thought they were a team of destiny.


When Primeau tied Game 6, that's about as loud as I ever remember that building being.
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 4 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #540 by FlyHigh » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:10 am

Yeah that Game 6 is probably the best Flyers game of the past 25 years or so? I guess Game 7 of the Bruins series in 2010 would also be way up there and certainly have fond memories of Game 6 against the Pens in 2012 as well. But just the swings in that Game 6, that Primeau goal, and then the way they dominated OT before finally scoring, man, what a game.
User avatar
chaosof99
Registered Broad
Posts: 9585
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:00 pm
Has given rep: 5 times
Received rep: 15 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #541 by chaosof99 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:37 am

Personally I think the game 7 against the Bruins is the greatest Flyers game ever. It has a great story going into it, is great to watch and has a great narrative within the game itself.
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17066
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 74 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #542 by jester » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:19 am

Totally subjective process ... as your miles will vary. I was at Game 6 against TB, in a seat with a perfect view of the Primeau goal. To call the arena loud would be an understatement. Game 7 against Boston was great, but it cannot top that experience -- even though it was obviously more substantive as a series clincher. That being said, I would put the 5 OT game over the Boston game as far as memorable games, and you could easily argue for a number of other games.
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4740
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 4 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #543 by FlyHigh » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Kind of have a personal bias in favor of any overtime game. I don't know which game I'd pick as "superior" or whatever, but the 90 seconds of OT in Game 6 against Toronto in 2004 (Kapanen getting destroyed by Tucker, then Roenick scoring to close out the series) stick out much more in my head than anything from that Boston game (as incredible as that was obviously).
User avatar
Kilgore Trout
Registered Broad
Posts: 2195
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 am
Has given rep: 18 times
Received rep: 13 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #544 by Kilgore Trout » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:16 pm

jester wrote:Totally subjective process ... as your miles will vary. I was at Game 6 against TB, in a seat with a perfect view of the Primeau goal. To call the arena loud would be an understatement.


Yea, I was in 103, so right over where the Flyers gathered after the goal, place was fucking electric. I also think that was the first year they started giving out the "Orange Crush" tshirts. Great atmosphere, great run. Felt like Primeau was averaging 10 hits a game all playoffs.
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6569
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 28 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #545 by GoneFullHextall » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:30 pm

FlyHigh wrote:Kind of have a personal bias in favor of any overtime game. I don't know which game I'd pick as "superior" or whatever, but the 90 seconds of OT in Game 6 against Toronto in 2004 (Kapanen getting destroyed by Tucker, then Roenick scoring to close out the series) stick out much more in my head than anything from that Boston game (as incredible as that was obviously).


I will never forget the sight of Kapanen doing everything in his power to get back to the bench so play could keep going because even tho he probably had his brains rattled he sensed that the best thing to do was keep the play going with the way the OT was going for the Flyers. Many players would of just stayed down there and got the whistle.
User avatar
chaosof99
Registered Broad
Posts: 9585
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:00 pm
Has given rep: 5 times
Received rep: 15 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #546 by chaosof99 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Ilka Sinisalo has passed away at the age of 58 :(
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10166
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 50 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #547 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:02 pm

So it looks like Letang's Total Games Lost to Injury count is going to jump a bit.

For those keeping track...

Letang 146
Malkin 149
Crosby 164
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6569
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 28 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: 2016-17 Pertinent Flyers News

Post #548 by GoneFullHextall » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:14 am

chaosof99 wrote:Ilka Sinisalo has passed away at the age of 58 :(


so sad. too many of these guys are dying way to damn young.

Return to “The Eric Wellwood Memorial Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest