the tendon-cy to retire is natural.
now with even more memorial.
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 30 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1351 by Hovercraft » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:41 am

Pretty similar in a lot of ways, but if you plan to drive from Philly/US, Nova Scotia is a lot more accessible since it's so close to Maine. To drive to NL, you have to drive to Nova Scotia and then hop on a ferry.
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 42 times

Post #1352 by CantSeeColors » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:40 am

I think we'd fly. Looks like there are 2 hours direct flights from Newark to Halifax, which makes it a much more desirable destination for a short trip than NL, as there are no direct flights into St. John's.
jester
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 90 times

Post #1353 by jester » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:50 am

CantSeeColors wrote:I think we'd fly. Looks like there are 2 hours direct flights from Newark to Halifax, which makes it a much more desirable destination for a short trip than NL, as there are no direct flights into St. John's.

If you haven't been up there before, coastal Maine is amazingly beautiful. Acadia Park and Bar Harbor are a great destination.
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 5 times
Received rep: 20 times

Post #1354 by FlyHigh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:51 pm

vonbonds wrote:I spent many summers in Scotland growing up. My biggest memories besides family is laying on the ground watching the Aurora Borealis at night

I had no idea that was possible from Scotland, do you know if the Aurora Borealis is a relatively common occurrence there? Seeing that is on my bucket list, but not really up for a winter vacation to Tromso.
Hovercraft
Registered Broad

Post #1355 by Hovercraft » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:46 pm

CantSeeColors wrote:I think we'd fly. Looks like there are 2 hours direct flights from Newark to Halifax, which makes it a much more desirable destination for a short trip than NL, as there are no direct flights into St. John's.

I flew St. John's to Newark in 2015 direct on United/AC, but It seems like its discontinued. They used to cancel it pretty frequently anyway. Halifax to St. John's is only about 1.5 hour flight so not too bad but if your trip is going to be that short it makes sense to spend as little time traveling as possible. Halifax and Nova Scotia has more population than NL so lots of amenities. A lot more microbreweries and wineries in NS. More open country in NL, but a lot of the sea side scenery is similar in NS just not as many different places to go. I have a lot of friends from NS so if you ever do plan something, I can hit them up for recommendations for the best stuff to check out.

FlyHigh, lots of places in Northern Canada you can go to for AB as well: http://maps.canadiangeographic.ca/north ... ss-canada/
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad

Post #1356 by CantSeeColors » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:13 pm

jester wrote:

If you haven't been up there before, coastal Maine is amazingly beautiful. Acadia Park and Bar Harbor are a great destination.

Maine is the plan for next summer, though I'm not sure if we'll venture up that far or just stick to the Portland area. My firm also has a client in Portland, which I'm hoping I need to visit for some work-paid trip at some point.

FH, go to Iceland for the northern lights.

Hover, thanks for all the info!
FlyHigh
Registered Broad

Post #1357 by FlyHigh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Been to AB a couple of times for hiking, but never further north than the icefields (and never in winter which I imagine is a totally different ballgame). Guess Edmonton isn't too much further north than Jasper though, just a good long ways east.

Is it possible to do backpacking in Iceland? I have the vague impression that there's some kind of ring road and that the interior is kind of desolate. Hiked in Norway a couple years ago for 10 days and enjoyed it a lot (scenery doesn't compare to AB or some parts of the US, but the cabin system is quite convenient), even then it never got totally dark.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #1358 by jester » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:44 pm

FlyHigh wrote:
vonbonds wrote:I spent many summers in Scotland growing up. My biggest memories besides family is laying on the ground watching the Aurora Borealis at night

I had no idea that was possible from Scotland, do you know if the Aurora Borealis is a relatively common occurrence there? Seeing that is on my bucket list, but not really up for a winter vacation to Tromso.

It is. Sadly, I left a week before it started when I was at school there.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #1359 by jester » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:46 pm

CantSeeColors wrote:
jester wrote:

Maine is the plan for next summer, though I'm not sure if we'll venture up that far or just stick to the Portland area. My firm also has a client in Portland, which I'm hoping I need to visit for some work-paid trip at some point.

My wife and I stated in Portland and then drove up for a couple of nights. It's nice driving, particularly if you push your trip into the fall when the leaves change.
Hovercraft
Registered Broad

Post #1360 by Hovercraft » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:15 pm

FlyHigh wrote:Been to AB a couple of times for hiking, but never further north than the icefields (and never in winter which I imagine is a totally different ballgame). Guess Edmonton isn't too much further north than Jasper though, just a good long ways east.

Is it possible to do backpacking in Iceland? I have the vague impression that there's some kind of ring road and that the interior is kind of desolate. Hiked in Norway a couple years ago for 10 days and enjoyed it a lot (scenery doesn't compare to AB or some parts of the US, but the cabin system is quite convenient), even then it never got totally dark.

I am pretty sure in Iceland it is legal to camp/squat on any government owned land so you can bring a backpacking tent and have at it. Iceland is definitely a bucket list thing for me.
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad

Post #1361 by CantSeeColors » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:28 pm

jester wrote:
CantSeeColors wrote:
jester wrote:

My wife and I stated in Portland and then drove up for a couple of nights. It's nice driving, particularly if you push your trip into the fall when the leaves change.

If all goes well, an infant will be entering the picture next fall, so that timing won't work, but good to hear the drive is good. Changing leaves are wasted on me anyway.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #1362 by jester » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:52 pm

CantSeeColors wrote:
jester wrote:
CantSeeColors wrote:Maine is the plan for next summer, though I'm not sure if we'll venture up that far or just stick to the Portland area. My firm also has a client in Portland, which I'm hoping I need to visit for some work-paid trip at some point.

If all goes well, an infant will be entering the picture next fall, so that timing won't work, but good to hear the drive is good. Changing leaves are wasted on me anyway.

We don't have leaves like they do up there.

I do suspect crowds can be an issue up there in summer. We were there in October, and in Bar Harbor it was insufferable when a cruise ship let folks off. Portland would be less of an issue. If you go, lemme know and I'll find the name of the restaurant we went to. Awesome seafood dinner, and I'm not even a seafood person.
FlyHigh
Registered Broad

Post #1363 by FlyHigh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Duckfat in Portland is also quite good (not seafood though). It is quite crowded in summer though, was up there for July 4 weekend and there were tons of people around. Airbnb prices were pretty reasonable IIRC.
Hovercraft
Registered Broad

Post #1364 by Hovercraft » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Phantoms somehow came back from being down 4-0, winning 5-4 in OT. Not a great game from Stolarz but he held on. Took a hard shot off the mask late in 3rd period but still stayed in the game. Sanheim with a couple assists.
Rogers Pancreas
Has given rep: 32 times
Received rep: 81 times

Post #1365 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:27 pm

That's what I like to hear. Kids are showing they own the AHL.
His Satanic Majestic Request
FlyHigh
Registered Broad

Post #1366 by FlyHigh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Sounds like a hell of a game. Better than watching AMac fire a puck into Weal's skates which rebounds to Schiefele who promptly scores. Definitely a No.3 defenseman type of play.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #1367 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Philippe Myers named QMJHL third star of the month.

I think going into next season I'd like to see Sanheim and Hagg with the Flyers, and Morin and Myers with the Phantoms. That'll put Morin where Hagg is today in terms of professional development, and it rewards Hagg for sticking around, and rebounding after a tough season instead of heading back home.
FlyHigh
Registered Broad

Post #1368 by FlyHigh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Kind of think they have to give Morin a chance next year. Hagg came over early and also really struggled last year tbf (to the point where I think most of us kind of forgot about him). But next year is Draft+5 for both of them, so if not then...when?
Kilgore Trout
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 21 times
Received rep: 14 times

Post #1369 by Kilgore Trout » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 pm

FlyHigh wrote:Kind of think they have to give Morin a chance next year. Hagg came over early and also really struggled last year tbf (to the point where I think most of us kind of forgot about him). But next year is Draft+5 for both of them, so if not then...when?

Morin will be 22 and a 6'7" defenseman? "When" has quite a bit more slack for him.
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad

Post #1370 by CantSeeColors » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Seems reasonable to think morin should be ready before sanheim though, seeing as he's a year ahead
Hovercraft
Registered Broad

Post #1371 by Hovercraft » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:50 am

Sadly I came home and still watched Amac's puck-grenade.

I think all 3 of them should get NHL games in next year. Let them fight for permanent spots in camp, and then whoever loses out is 7th D or first callup. At this point we have MDZ and Schultz as UFA so at least 2 spots should be open.
FlyHigh
Registered Broad

Post #1372 by FlyHigh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:27 am

Yeah I'm not opposed to Hover's approach, let them fight it out in camp and if all 3 are ready, then sorry AMac but you're the No. 6-7 guy (realistically this will never happen).

Fwiw this is another example of why the strategy this year has been so dumb. This team hasn't been a realistic PO contender for at least a couple of weeks; one of Sanheim/Morin/Hagg should absolutely be in the NHL right now getting his feet wet while the org evaluates him.

Instead, I'm sure the excuse next year will be "we can't have 3 guys with no NHL experience playing in the league at the same time." Which is somewhat valid, but it'd be easier to swallow if they weren't wasting the last 20 games of this season giving Schultz run-outs. Same logic applies to Weise playing on the 2nd line while Leier/Laughton are in the AHL.

I think the fact that Weal has come in and immediately looked better than 4-5 forwards who have consistently played games for us for 2 years is a pretty damning indictment.
Hovercraft
Registered Broad

Post #1373 by Hovercraft » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:36 pm

Hextall said he'd prefer them in AHL for playoff run than on the mediocre Flyers.
dbr
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 19 times
Received rep: 3 times

Post #1374 by dbr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:18 pm

Hextall would rather overdevelop than under. Similar to what the Wings did with some of their prospects.
FlyHigh
Registered Broad

Post #1375 by FlyHigh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:09 pm

Hovercraft wrote:Hextall said he'd prefer them in AHL for playoff run than on the mediocre Flyers.

This makes zero sense from Hextall. Bring a couple guys to the AHL for the end of the regular season, then send them back to the Phantoms for the playoffs. I would also argue that even if the Phantoms didn't make it in, 20 games of NHL experience would be much more valuable to Morin/Hagg at least compared to a 15-20 game AHL playoff run (where you are still playing against guys that aren't good enough to play in the NHL). The Flyers also have the best guy from the 2015 AHL playoffs on their roster and wouldn't give him an NHL chance until a month ago, so his comments about the value of the AHL playoffs are a bit hollow.

Re: Detroit, they are one of the bottom teams in the league after years and years of having a supposedly elite prospect corps and they give a guy with zero NHL goals this year (Riley Sheahan) more ice-time than the 6th highest per minute 5v5 goalscorer in the league (Athanasiou), so maybe not the example we want to follow. They've also advanced past the 1st round one time in the past 7 years.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #1376 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:42 pm

It's difficult to understand why Crosby is such a pile of soft baby shits.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #1377 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:00 pm

FlyHigh wrote:
Hovercraft wrote:Hextall said he'd prefer them in AHL for playoff run than on the mediocre Flyers.

This makes zero sense from Hextall. Bring a couple guys to the AHL for the end of the regular season, then send them back to the Phantoms for the playoffs. I would also argue that even if the Phantoms didn't make it in, 20 games of NHL experience would be much more valuable to Morin/Hagg at least compared to a 15-20 game AHL playoff run (where you are still playing against guys that aren't good enough to play in the NHL). The Flyers also have the best guy from the 2015 AHL playoffs on their roster and wouldn't give him an NHL chance until a month ago, so his comments about the value of the AHL playoffs are a bit hollow.

It makes perfect sense if you consider "culture" a real thing. Rolling our defensemen out against Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Tavares, and the like to be slaughtered alongside shit-heads like MacDonald, Del Zotto, Schultz, etc. and in front of the worst goaltending tandem we've had in nearly a decade, it's a recipe for disaster. Players' development is contingent upon confidence, and regardless how professional we expect these human beings to be, when placed in a toxic situation long enough it does effect the player. Particualrly the younger ones. And in this league, with so many variables at play, you can't afford to shoot yourself in the foot like that.

Re: Detroit, they are one of the bottom teams in the league after years and years of having a supposedly elite prospect corps and they give a guy with zero NHL goals this year (Riley Sheahan) more ice-time than the 6th highest per minute 5v5 goalscorer in the league (Athanasiou), so maybe not the example we want to follow. They've also advanced past the 1st round one time in the past 7 years.

Twice. And that's the coaches decision. It doesn't change how the Red Wings have done business for the better part of the last two decades. It doesn't change the fact they won a Cup in '08. It doesn't change the fact they almost won in '09. And it doesn't change the fact that all great teams eventually fade - the Kings, the Bruins, the Blackhawks, the Red Wings, and in time the Penguins, and Capitals.
FlyHigh
Registered Broad

Post #1378 by FlyHigh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:49 am

Rogers Pancreas wrote:
FlyHigh wrote:

It makes perfect sense if you consider "culture" a real thing. Rolling our defensemen out against Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Tavares, and the like to be slaughtered alongside shit-heads like MacDonald, Del Zotto, Schultz, etc. and in front of the worst goaltending tandem we've had in nearly a decade, it's a recipe for disaster. Players' development is contingent upon confidence, and regardless how professional we expect these human beings to be, when placed in a toxic situation long enough it does effect the player. Particualrly the younger ones. And in this league, with so many variables at play, you can't afford to shoot yourself in the foot like that.

Well, how does Provorov fit into your theory there? He has been here the whole season and has progressively gotten better. I mean, it's not like the situation is going to get any better in October when we have Neuvirth/Stolarz in goal and there's actually pressure on the team to be good. Given that the fanbase has totally checked out, this would be a perfect time to take a look at some of the young guys rather than in October when fans will actually be expecting the team to be competitive.

Also, Morin's been playing pro hockey for 2 years; Hagg for 3. If their development will be completely ruined by being on the ice for a few shifts against Crosby and giving up a goal or two against in meaningless games in March, I don't think there's much hope long-term for them.

Rogers Pancreas wrote:
FlyHigh wrote:Re: Detroit, they are one of the bottom teams in the league after years and years of having a supposedly elite prospect corps and they give a guy with zero NHL goals this year (Riley Sheahan) more ice-time than the 6th highest per minute 5v5 goalscorer in the league (Athanasiou), so maybe not the example we want to follow. They've also advanced past the 1st round one time in the past 7 years.

Twice. And that's the coaches decision. It doesn't change how the Red Wings have done business for the better part of the last two decades. It doesn't change the fact they won a Cup in '08. It doesn't change the fact they almost won in '09. And it doesn't change the fact that all great teams eventually fade - the Kings, the Bruins, the Blackhawks, the Red Wings, and in time the Penguins, and Capitals.

Sure you give the coach some discretion, but when he's benching/healthy-scratching your best forwards to give ice-time to 4th liners (again, Sheahan literally has 0 goals), I think at some point management has an obligation to step in

The Red Wings haven't drafted and developed an above-average defenseman since Kronwall in 2000 and I think you could make a very strong argument that they haven't had an above-average draft since 2002. Furthermore, their cap has been horrifically mismanaged. They're lucky that they'll be able to LTIR Franzen for the rest of his deal, but they still have 6-7 contracts that are absolutely horrendous.

I mean, I respect the drafting run they went on in the 90s (which really formed the core of those contending teams in the mid-late 2000s), but they have not been a well-run franchise for a while and it's finally catching up to them.
Hovercraft
Registered Broad

Post #1379 by Hovercraft » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Provorov is a special case because he is so good and well rounded. Once he adjusted to the speed of the NHL he took off. The other 3 have clear flaws in their games still, and unfortunately we have had 8 D all year and barely any cap space. If I were GM they definitely would have gotten some games, but I can see Hextall's side of things as well. Hopefully he trims the NHL fat this year. I would fully support giving Vegas some picks to take someone like MacD.

Re; Detroit. Holland is a pretty shitty GM in the cap world and lived off the work of his scouts for a long time while simultaneously trading his first round picks too often. Some of those deals are awful. Nielsen, Abdelkader, Weiss(bought out but still), Helm, etc.
FlyHigh
Registered Broad

Post #1380 by FlyHigh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Hovercraft wrote:Provorov is a special case because he is so good and well rounded. Once he adjusted to the speed of the NHL he took off. The other 3 have clear flaws in their games still, and unfortunately we have had 8 D all year and barely any cap space. If I were GM they definitely would have gotten some games, but I can see Hextall's side of things as well. Hopefully he trims the NHL fat this year. I would fully support giving Vegas some picks to take someone like MacD.

Re; Detroit. Holland is a pretty shitty GM in the cap world and lived off the work of his scouts for a long time while simultaneously trading his first round picks too often. Some of those deals are awful. Nielsen, Abdelkader, Weiss(bought out but still), Helm, etc.

I thought there were some quotes about Hagg a couple months ago where someone with the Flyers said he was basically NHL-ready? Definitely agree that Provorov is a special case, but I do think that the vast majority of NHL d-men do just have flaws in their games. I mean, Erik Karlsson is a Norris trophy winner and still has some obvious flaws; same for Burns this year. The guys like Doughty who literally seem to be good at everything are few and far between.

Not that this is the rationale, but hypothetically, if they're still holding Morin back because of his puck skills....that ship has probably sailed already.
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 29 times

Post #1381 by DeadPhish » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:05 pm

The Flyers are 3 for their last 40 on the powerplay?!?! I knew it was bad but that's just pitiful.
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 20 times
Received rep: 29 times

Post #1382 by DeadPhish » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 pm

And now 3 for 41.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #1383 by Rogers Pancreas » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Some pretty interesting quotes (for a change), coming out of Leigh Valley these days:

“You’ve got to build a winning culture,” said Weal, who was second in the AHL in scoring when the Flyers recalled him Feb. 10. “When I was in L.A., they were there when I got there. They were pretty much on the way to winning those (Stanley) Cups. I think it was my third year with the organization they won their first one. You just notice the attention to detail throughout the organization. You’ve got to believe you’re going to win every night and we knew we were going to win most nights. When you have that feeling, it’s contagious.”

“We’ve got a good team, but there’s quite a few kids down there with a big chunk of the pie,” Hextall said. “They’re playing regular shifts, power play, penalty kill. That’s important. You don’t want to overload too much with veterans so that the kids get pushed down and don’t get in roles. There’s that fine line with handing it to them and making them earn it.”

Robert Hägg, a Flyers second-round pick in 2013, recently said that veterans in the Phantoms room like captain Colin McDonald have brought the attitude back to where it should be. For years, the prospects on the Phantoms’ rosters didn’t know what winning was like.

That’s starting to change.

“For me, when I was in juniors we didn’t make the playoffs the first couple years and for the young guys coming in it was tough because that was the norm,” Weal said. “When you come into a winning organization and go deep into the playoffs every year, that feels normal. This is how it should be. You shouldn’t be done in mid-April. It should be late June.”

“It seems like the less you do, the better it goes for you over here,” said the 6-foot-2, 212-pound Hagg. “You don’t have to look for that home-run play every single time. Sometimes it’s just putting it off the glass and out, getting it out of the D zone and that’s making a good play. Back home it’s like you have to find a good tape-to-tape pass from blueline to blueline to make something happen.”

Finally, Hagg is coming around. The consensus among the Phantoms’ coaching staff is that he has been the most consistent defenseman this year and that’s after the team added Moorestown native T.J. Brennan and Will O’Neill, two of the top offensive defensemen in the AHL the last several years.

“I can’t help it if Sammy or Sanheim is getting ahead of me or behind me,” Hagg said. “That’s not my job, it’s the Flyers job to do that. All I can take care of is do my job every single day. Of course it’s great to have Sanheim and Sam with me to practice with them every single day. We have to compete basically every single practice because I know they’re going to give their all every single day so that means I have to do it as well.”

I guess it's still all the same cliches we've heard all along, but the tone is very reassuring, IMO.

Living in Buffalo, you have a team in a very similar situation with a team of a slightly different construct heading in a very different direction. And it's going to largely depend on how Terry Murray deals with this toxic situation where he has a bunch of young players that want to succeed, that have the talent to succeed, that aren't used to not succeeding, and don't know how to go about correcting it. And if he can't get some veteran leadership in that lockerroom, and a coach with a fucking clue of how to correct the issue, it's going to be a long road back to being a respectable organization. Hextall has chosen to address this shit early based on his experiences in LA, and it's paying dividends. Slowly by slowly.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #1384 by Rogers Pancreas » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Great job, Jake.
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad

Post #1385 by CantSeeColors » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:21 am

We're going to win 8 of the last 10, miss the playoffs by 4 points, and get stuck with the 13th pick, aren't we?
Hovercraft
Registered Broad

Post #1386 by Hovercraft » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 am

Watching the game, I was getting annoyed at Konecny being on the 4th line with the Haks, but as I thought about it, I started thinking that maybe it is a good way for him to work on defensive play and such for this last stretch of meaningless games. Also I guess overplaying MacDonald, Weise, Read, etc might be Vegas' scouts sake.
Maybe I'm crazy and just looking for a pattern in the madness.
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1354 times
Received rep: 631 times

Post #1387 by vonbonds » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:51 am

CantSeeColors wrote:We're going to win 8 of the last 10, miss the playoffs by 4 points, and get stuck with the 13th pick, aren't we?

If you aren't getting a top 2 pick the Devils broads who follow the draft largely believe it doesn't matter where you pick after that with regards to talent pool.
JLHockeyKnight
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 75 times
Received rep: 32 times

Post #1388 by JLHockeyKnight » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:51 pm

CantSeeColors wrote:We're going to win 8 of the last 10, miss the playoffs by 4 points, and get stuck with the 13th pick, aren't we?

Basically the Flyers are blue balling the fanbase.
FlyHigh
Registered Broad

Post #1389 by FlyHigh » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Same thing happened in 2013 IIRC when they traded for Mason and then he went on a little tear.
MiD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 28 times
Received rep: 7 times

Post #1390 by MiD » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:53 pm

Schenn is definitely
brain dead
Rogers Pancreas

Post #1391 by Rogers Pancreas » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Not a fan.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #1392 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Philippe Myers has a goal, two assists, and is even after two playoff games against Halifax.

Carter Hart has a 3.03 GAA and a 0.909 SVPCT after two against Victoria.

Both series are tied at one.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #1393 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:50 pm

That was the sexiest win of the season.
Hovercraft
Registered Broad

Post #1394 by Hovercraft » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:08 am

Beating PItt is always nice
FlyHigh
Registered Broad

Post #1395 by FlyHigh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:16 am

Yeah they actually looked pretty good. Kind of weird that Schenn is going to end up with 22-25 goals or so and 50ish points despite no-showing at ES for most of the year.
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad

Post #1396 by CantSeeColors » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:53 am

We've always know that that's who Schenn is.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #1397 by Rogers Pancreas » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Basically, Lupul with hitting.
Hovercraft
Registered Broad

Post #1398 by Hovercraft » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Schenn has looked better at ES lately when centered by Couturier. Next year we might be back to the "pairings" kind of top 9 again. Giroux-Voracek, Filpulla-Simmonds, Couturier-Schenn
Kilgore Trout
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 21 times
Received rep: 14 times

Post #1399 by Kilgore Trout » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:50 pm

Rogers Pancreas wrote:Basically, Lupul with hitting.

To be fair, that's Lupul with his biggest deficiency corrected.

I hated Lupul.
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad

Post #1400 by CantSeeColors » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:50 pm

We could use more palindromes on the team imo

Return to “The Eric Wellwood Memorial Forum”