0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

The Tendoncy to Retire is Natural
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10618
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 90 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1501 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Fuck. Hagg's playing tonight?

Bad-ass.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10618
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 90 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1502 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:19 pm

Fans actively cheering for a loss to get a slightly better draft pick when there's a lottery in place can eat glass, and wash it down with bleach.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Posts: 4133
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm
Has given rep: 22 times
Received rep: 30 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1503 by DeadPhish » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Last game is always sad.
User avatar
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Posts: 4133
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm
Has given rep: 22 times
Received rep: 30 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1504 by DeadPhish » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Rogers Pancreas wrote:Fans actively cheering for a loss to get a slightly better draft pick when there's a lottery in place can eat glass, and wash it down with bleach.


Who's doing that?
User avatar
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Posts: 4133
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm
Has given rep: 22 times
Received rep: 30 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1505 by DeadPhish » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Well, at least we got a point!!
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10618
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 90 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1506 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:39 pm

DeadPhish wrote:
Rogers Pancreas wrote:Fans actively cheering for a loss to get a slightly better draft pick when there's a lottery in place can eat glass, and wash it down with bleach.


Who's doing that?

I see it a lot on HF Boreds.

Weal looked good I thought. Hagg looked good. Stoalrsz looked good. Just a lot of shit to look forward to, assuming Vandevelde and MacDonald don't see the ice ever again.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7596
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 31 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1507 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:27 pm

Honestly I kind of expected this year to go this way considering the lack of NHL talent on the roster, that being said I am extremely excited for the start of next season.
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8450
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 34 times
Contact:

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1508 by Hovercraft » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:06 am

Hagg seemed to have a busy night, 5 SOG 4 Hits 3 Blks

How did he look?
User avatar
DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Posts: 4133
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm
Has given rep: 22 times
Received rep: 30 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1509 by DeadPhish » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:30 am

Rogers Pancreas wrote:
DeadPhish wrote:
Rogers Pancreas wrote:Fans actively cheering for a loss to get a slightly better draft pick when there's a lottery in place can eat glass, and wash it down with bleach.


Who's doing that?

I see it a lot on HF Boreds.


Ahh ok, yea well those people are idiots. I thought you meant people booing at the game or something
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10618
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 90 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1510 by Rogers Pancreas » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:55 am

Hagg looked good all night, Hover - like he belongs in the NHL. Once we see him play over a larger sample of games played, I think we'll have a better idea as to what we have in the kid.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
Sweet Dee
Registered Broad
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:45 pm
Location: Maple Shade, NJ
Has given rep: 11 times
Received rep: 16 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1511 by Sweet Dee » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:49 am

Someone is going to have to teach Stolarz about how to do shoot outs before next year. He comes way too far out of the net.
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8450
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 34 times
Contact:

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1512 by Hovercraft » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:05 am

D core could be crazy young next year but I like it.
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4833
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 45 times
Received rep: 32 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1513 by CantSeeColors » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:31 am

In the parts I saw, Hagg looked solid. He was taking the right angles and playing the body on D and made some nice passes on the breakout. Even had a couple of nice offensive opportunities.
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6634
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 43 times
Received rep: 11 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1514 by GoneFullHextall » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:36 am

at the very least the future is bright.
cant wait for the garbage to be gone off this team.
User avatar
dbr
Registered Broad
Posts: 8465
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm
Has given rep: 19 times
Received rep: 3 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1515 by dbr » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:39 am

Im willing to give Hakstol next season, but some of his decisions were irksom. I didn't see the game yesterday, but I saw a comment saying how Ghost was benched when it was a tie game. That's inexcusable if true.

GFH: you follow the AHL, how do you feel the Phantoms will pan out in the playoffs?
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6634
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 43 times
Received rep: 11 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1516 by GoneFullHextall » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:30 pm

haven't seen any of their games. So I don't have a feel how I think they will do. They have quite a few players who haven't been thru the grind of the playoffs and they seem to be staggering a bit down the stretch. Hopefully they can avoid WBS who have owned them this year.
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8450
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 34 times
Contact:

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1517 by Hovercraft » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:20 pm

dbr wrote:Im willing to give Hakstol next season, but some of his decisions were irksom. I didn't see the game yesterday, but I saw a comment saying how Ghost was benched when it was a tie game. That's inexcusable if true.

GFH: you follow the AHL, how do you feel the Phantoms will pan out in the playoffs?


To me the positive of Hak when he first came was how he should help the young guys develop, with how our D looks next year it will be interested to see how he handles it. Hopefully not by giving AMac 25+ a game and benching the young D too often. Provorov-Gudas should be our top pairing next year by merit, we'll see what Hak does though.
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4899
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 5 times
Received rep: 21 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1518 by FlyHigh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:54 pm

Hovercraft wrote:
dbr wrote:Im willing to give Hakstol next season, but some of his decisions were irksom. I didn't see the game yesterday, but I saw a comment saying how Ghost was benched when it was a tie game. That's inexcusable if true.

GFH: you follow the AHL, how do you feel the Phantoms will pan out in the playoffs?


To me the positive of Hak when he first came was how he should help the young guys develop, with how our D looks next year it will be interested to see how he handles it. Hopefully not by giving AMac 25+ a game and benching the young D too often. Provorov-Gudas should be our top pairing next year by merit, we'll see what Hak does though.


Can't tell if this is a hot take, but that might be a legitimately good top pairing right? I guess maybe they'd want to split them for now since they're the 2 best guys, but the idea of putting Provorov with a solid defensive D player so that he can get involved more offensively is really appealing.
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4833
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 45 times
Received rep: 32 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1519 by CantSeeColors » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Legitimately good in the sense that it's among the 15 best D pairings in the NHL? You're probably getting ahead of yourself with a 20 year old Provorov. Legitimately good in the sense that you can roll them out there for 25 minutes a night against any line and feel good about it? Absolutely. I agree that maybe you want to split them up, but what if you put Provorov with a defensively sound rookie like Morin or Hagg? And then Gudas with Ghost?
User avatar
JLHockeyKnight
Registered Broad
Posts: 6591
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Central Jersey
Has given rep: 89 times
Received rep: 36 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1520 by JLHockeyKnight » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Cheering against the flyers for a better draft pick this year in what everyone suggests is a really weak draft class is flat out retarded. I'm sorry.
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4899
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 5 times
Received rep: 21 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1521 by FlyHigh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:10 pm

CantSeeColors wrote:Legitimately good in the sense that it's among the 15 best D pairings in the NHL? You're probably getting ahead of yourself with a 20 year old Provorov. Legitimately good in the sense that you can roll them out there for 25 minutes a night against any line and feel good about it? Absolutely. I agree that maybe you want to split them up, but what if you put Provorov with a defensively sound rookie like Morin or Hagg? And then Gudas with Ghost?


I am thinking more "legitimately good" based on what the Flyers nominal top-pairing has been since Kimmo left and actually feeling comfortable about both halves of a D pairing; definitely agree that top-15 would be a stretch.

I'd personally try Ghost with Gudas at some point, think there's a chance it could go poorly since they both seem to be pretty aggressive in the neutral zone, but their overall skillsets do seem like a good match.
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4833
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 45 times
Received rep: 32 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1522 by CantSeeColors » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:58 pm

FlyHigh wrote:
CantSeeColors wrote:Legitimately good in the sense that it's among the 15 best D pairings in the NHL? You're probably getting ahead of yourself with a 20 year old Provorov. Legitimately good in the sense that you can roll them out there for 25 minutes a night against any line and feel good about it? Absolutely. I agree that maybe you want to split them up, but what if you put Provorov with a defensively sound rookie like Morin or Hagg? And then Gudas with Ghost?


I am thinking more "legitimately good" based on what the Flyers nominal top-pairing has been since Kimmo left and actually feeling comfortable about both halves of a D pairing; definitely agree that top-15 would be a stretch.

I'd personally try Ghost with Gudas at some point, think there's a chance it could go poorly since they both seem to be pretty aggressive in the neutral zone, but their overall skillsets do seem like a good match.

They'd absolutely get burned once in a while, but that aggression would also completely smother other teams most of the time. Would be interesting to see if the risk is worth it.
User avatar
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Posts: 8450
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 34 times
Contact:

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1523 by Hovercraft » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:15 pm

FlyHigh wrote:
Hovercraft wrote:
dbr wrote:Im willing to give Hakstol next season, but some of his decisions were irksom. I didn't see the game yesterday, but I saw a comment saying how Ghost was benched when it was a tie game. That's inexcusable if true.

GFH: you follow the AHL, how do you feel the Phantoms will pan out in the playoffs?


To me the positive of Hak when he first came was how he should help the young guys develop, with how our D looks next year it will be interested to see how he handles it. Hopefully not by giving AMac 25+ a game and benching the young D too often. Provorov-Gudas should be our top pairing next year by merit, we'll see what Hak does though.


Can't tell if this is a hot take, but that might be a legitimately good top pairing right? I guess maybe they'd want to split them for now since they're the 2 best guys, but the idea of putting Provorov with a solid defensive D player so that he can get involved more offensively is really appealing.


I was 100% serious, Provorov clearly our best D, Gudas #2. Gudas being a natural RHD is great for pairings too. Not in the top in the league, but Provorov is on the way up and Gudas has a unique skillset. They might compliment each other's play.

CSC: I wouldn't call Morin or Hagg good defensively at the NHL level yet. They'll need time to adjust.

And on Ghost-Gudas, I think it depends which other D are in the lineup. Ghost plays both sides, and has played mostly on the Right for us(his offside, but good in offensive zone). Anyone know what side Hagg, Morin and Sanheim play on? I think Hagg is R and the other two are L, but I'm not 100% sure. If that's true we could see something like this:

Provorov-Gudas
Macdonald-Ghost
Morin-Hagg
Manning

Sanheim in AHL as #1D unless we bribe vegas into taking MacDonald.
User avatar
FlyHigh
Registered Broad
Posts: 4899
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:48 am
Has given rep: 5 times
Received rep: 21 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1524 by FlyHigh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Oh yeah my mistake, meant I wasn't sure if I was out of line calling it a "legitimately good top pairing", definitely agree that Provorov and Gudas would complement each other well, would absolutely be a very good pair in my opinion.
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6634
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 43 times
Received rep: 11 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1525 by GoneFullHextall » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:53 am

JLHockeyKnight wrote:Cheering against the flyers for a better draft pick this year in what everyone suggests is a really weak draft class is flat out retarded. I'm sorry.


yup. once the Flyers were eliminated I was meh on the rest of the season and I just wanted to be over with, but I could not root against them for a better pick. it is as you said fucking retarded.
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7596
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 31 times
Received rep: 54 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1526 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:46 pm

I'm pretty sure we haven't been this excited for a season in a while, we could be witnessing the birth of a very special team and I can't wait. Assume we will just continue this thread?

One of the few highlights from last year, I was at this game.

User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10618
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 90 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1527 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:21 am

I don't know. It might be worth at least 15% effort this time around.

Last year was a total fuck-off. It's actually a small miracle, when you think about the division we're in, things didn't go worse than what they did.

Now, if someone can just stomp on Wilson's achilles with a sharpened skate, we'll be in business.
His Satanic Majestic Request
User avatar
JLHockeyKnight
Registered Broad
Posts: 6591
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Central Jersey
Has given rep: 89 times
Received rep: 36 times

Re: 0.00% Effort Game Day Thread.

Post #1528 by JLHockeyKnight » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:44 pm

Konecny HypeTrain Captain wrote:I'm pretty sure we haven't been this excited for a season in a while, we could be witnessing the birth of a very special team and I can't wait. Assume we will just continue this thread?

One of the few highlights from last year, I was at this game.



So was I. That was one of the most fun games I've been to in a while.

Went to see what this McDavid kid was all about, came home after witnessing a wild ride.

P.S. McDavid is fast as fuck. Camera's don't do it justice. You have to see it in person.

Return to “The Eric Wellwood Memorial”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot and 1 guest