2017-18 Hart and Frost Stalking.

the tendon-cy to retire is natural.
now with even more memorial.
Rogers Pancreas
Has given rep: 34 times
Received rep: 87 times

Re: 2017-18 Prospect Stalking.

Post #151 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:12 am

Carter Hart - 33/34 (or something) saves. First star.

As to why he was assessed a 10 minute misconduct:

There is nothing quite like the thrill of playoff hockey and tonight was no exception. From the moment of warm-ups there was a buzz in the air as both teams took to the ice. Could Seattle take advantage of home ice? Would Everett’s Carter Hart, who’s playoff save percentage lingered below .900 return to his regular season form?

It looked as though Seattle was still buzzing from the overtime win in Everett as center Matthew Wedman won the first face-off, Seattle drew an interference penalty right in front of the crease of Hart and just seconds later buried the puck on a rebound at 1:38 in the first. Coach Matthew O’Dette would later say it was probably the Thunderbirds best period of the year. The Silvertips responded immediately with deep, consistent pressure in the Thunderbirds’ zone but to no avail. The extracurriculars between the whistles indicated this game would be everything that is right with playoff hockey.

By eight minutes into the first the shots on goal were 17-5 for Seattle and while Everett didn’t look out they were certainly reeling. The Thunderbirds were attacking with superior passing and time of possession but at 8:56 in the first the Tips evened the score off a deflection in front of Seattle net-minder Liam Hughes. In a game of seconds and inches, just one chance is all it takes.

A roughing double minor on Sean Richards of Everett and a 10 minute misconduct on goalie Carter Hart later the game was absolutely chippy. Hart, who was given the penalty after he said he was slashed and then defended by Richards, indicated he was happy his teammate stood up for him.

By the end of the first we were witnessing offsetting minors, Sami Moilanen was headed to the locker room early with an injury from a bad landing on what seemed like a clean hit. Seattle’s dominant 24 shot first period was mostly stymied by Hart doing exactly what he’s known for, playing the part of human top. Should the series go their way, you could look to this period of this game was one of the turning points.

link

And finally, my personal favorite, straight out of Everett:

His Satanic Majestic Request
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 29 times
Received rep: 52 times

Post #152 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:02 pm

I have never been this excited about a potential Flyers goalie in my life. Bob was exciting, but this really dwarfs it
Rogers Pancreas

Post #153 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:50 pm

The hype's nice, but I had more confidence in Bobrovsky than I do in Hart. A lot that has to do with Bobrovsky proving himself competent in the NHL, while Hart's still toying around with prospects in the WHL. But, it is what it is (or was).
Registered Broad

Post #154 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:55 pm

I'm talking about Bobrovsky first coming over, before he played in the NHL. Not saying Hart will reach Bob's level.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #155 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:25 pm

The Greyhounds sweep. Frost finished with a disappointing pair of goals, five assists, and +2 rating.

Hamilton's up three games to one, and I believe Strome has managed two points per game thus far.

The Storm have tied Kitchener at two games a piece, and Ratcliffe has been pretty damn productive through all of it. He's scored three goals, and three assists through four games, which I think is pretty good production for the big guy.
Registered Broad

Post #156 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:39 pm

I think we can all write Frost off as a bust at this point hopefully we can con some team into taking him in a package deal
Rogers Pancreas

Post #157 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:43 pm

With a goal and an assists, Stromboli and the Bulldogs take game five against the 67s and advance to the Eastern Conference semis. He finished the series with two goals, eight assists, and a +7 rating.

I'm hoping this signals a strong year next year for Matt, with plenty of time skating with a trainer in between.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #158 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:06 pm

Various clips re: NAK and Hart.

“I tell him before games, before we go out, that he can make an impact on every shift,” veteran winger Colin McDonald said. “There’s games where he does that and for a guy to be that dominant without any power-play time, with very little (penalty-kill) time, it’s pretty impressive.”

The 2014 second-round pick has gained steam in his sophomore season with the Phantoms, racking up 18 goals in 64 games and is third on the team in points with 42. The 5-foot-11 winger has grown into the role of being a professional hockey player after being a top scorer in junior hockey.

Aube-Kubel, 21, scored 38 goals in each of his last two seasons for the Val-d'Or Foreurs in Quebec. That’s a lot tougher to do in professional hockey because of the physical toll associated with coming down the wing.

He’s starting to figure that out.

“I know last year…day and night difference between this year and last year,” he said. “Maybe confidence or how to read the game is the difference.”

“I read something before where it said power forwards take the longest to develop,” McDonald added. “Maybe in junior, of course he was a power forward, but maybe physically he didn’t have to play as a power forward in junior and it took him a little while to understand that. His speed, his physicality, his strength, he can literally take over games. It’s become a joke, but there’s truth behind it.”

His impact has been felt more this season because four of his goals have been game-winners, he uses his body to shield the puck extremely well and his physical play has taken a step up as well. Recently, that hasn’t necessarily been a good thing. He leads the team in penalty minutes and was suspended for both of last weekend’s games for a hit he put on Providence Bruins forward Adam Payerl. He missed time with an “upper-body injury.”

It was Aube-Kubel’s second suspension in two weeks, both for hits to the head. Head coach Scott Gordon told Aube-Kubel he didn’t think it was suspension worthy and the player has vowed not to change how he plays the game.

“I don’t think I have a reputation. They’re not cheap shots,” he said. “I didn’t hit anyone from behind. Just, it happens. A concussion is so sensitive. I had two myself in junior and I don’t think the other guy meant to hurt me or anything. It’s just the way my shoulder went into his chest and head or the way he hits his head on the boards. I didn’t mean to hurt him and I hope the league knows that.”

Aube-Kubel’s newfound assertion has come in step with new responsibility.

He has seen some time on the penalty kill, which will be an important attribute if he makes the jump to the NHL. This year he’s also seeing his ice time rise, he says, although it’s hard to quantify that because the AHL chooses not to publish its time-on-ice stats.

“I’d say steady progression,” Aube-Kubel said of his breakout season. “Last year I was feeling better already but didn’t have a good enough role on the team. Since the beginning of the year I’ve got a better role, have played more 5-on-5 and I feel good on the ice. I’m confident, playing with good players on the ice. That helps me.”

“With Ku I think it’s almost like something clicked a little bit. It started to come last year,” assistant coach Kerry Huffman said. “He started to get a little more responsibility in terms of playing time and he realized he had to play a certain way, a different way than he played in junior. Sometimes you get a kid so offensively gifted, they come out of junior where it’s easy. They have to do these little things. They have to learn how to manage the puck. They have to learn how to be strong on the walls. Once he realized he has to use his body, as strong as he is, this year has just been an amazing transformation.”

There has been a lot of hype surrounding the Phantoms’ prospects in the last couple years and several have graduated to the NHL.

Even since he was a rookie last season Aube-Kubel has seen fellow Flyers draft picks Oskar Lindblom, Robert Hägg, Travis Sanheim and Taylor Leier stick in the NHL and Tyrell Goulbourne and Danick Martel receive call-ups.

“Some guys had their chance this year. I was hoping,” he said. “Maybe if it’s not this year it’s gonna next year. If it’s not next year, it’s gonna be the year after. I don’t mind. I just know that I have to progress in the AHL before I go to the NHL.”

link

I'm a little disappointed the Leier experiment hasn't gone a little better, but that's the way it goes sometimes. You have some prospects that stick, and others that don't. Unless your name is VandeVelde.

I'm hoping, with Read's contract expiring, as well as Filppula's, Frost and Kubel can make a strong enough case to get the same opportunity to prove themselves out next season.

And, because we haven't talked about him in the last ten minutes...

Carter Hart has a vision guy, a mental guy and a technical position guy.

Shane Clifford is the latter.

He is a goalie coach that works with NHLers Marc-Andre Fleury and John Gibson in the summer as well as two-time U.S. Olympian Brianne McLaughlin. He is the Everett Silvertips’ goalie coach even though he’s based in Pittsburgh, and first met Hart when he started his junior career. Clifford says the last three years with Hart have been “right up there” with the the formative years of NHL All-Stars he’s coached.

“He’s really dedicated to his craft,” Clifford said. “He’ll stretch 45 minutes a day before he goes to bed. That’s every day. Just the way he prepares and eats and sleeps, how much sleep he gets, he does whatever he needs to do to be his best on Friday and Saturday.”

Friday began the Silvertips’ playoff series against the Seattle Thunderbirds, the last playoff run with Hart before he turns pro. He already signed his entry-level contract in October of 2016, before two runs with Team Canada in the World Junior Championship, before having the best goals-against average and save percentage two straight years in the Western Hockey League.

Hart has been so successful in the last three years as a teenager, there is a hope he may end the Flyers’ generation-long problem between the goal pipes.

The best part? There is a chance he can fend off the hype of being a potential franchise player, an unfair burden for a teenager.

“I don’t think he cares what everybody else thinks,” Clifford said. “He blocks all that noise out and he’s just gonna go be Carter.”

Hart deletes his social media apps during the season, doesn’t read what’s written about him and doesn’t even look at his statistics.

What’s he going to think when he finally checks at the end of this season?

His otherworldly .947 save percentage is especially impressive because the WHL is the highest-scoring of the three Canadian Hockey Leagues. There were nine 100-point scorers in the WHL compared to four in the Ontario Hockey League and two in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

“Me personally, looking at those numbers, they almost look like a typo they’re so good,” Clifford said. “For him, it’s just about him keeping his nose to the grindstone.

“He’ll probably look and go, ‘Hey, that was pretty good. Now it’s the next thing.’ Me and him talk a lot. What’s really hard about our business, that’s different than any other business in the world, you can go out and stop 100 out of 100 shots on Friday night and you’re the greatest thing since sliced bread. The next night you can give up three goals on 20 shots and now you’re no good. You just have to put it behind you and that’s what he’s really good at.”

The next test for Hart, after this playoff run, will be to do that as a professional.

link
Rogers Pancreas

Post #159 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:17 am

Carter Hart - 36 shots against and 36 saves made to close out the series against Seatlle, whom I considered one of Everett's toughest opponents.

Hart leads all WHL goaltenders in SVPCT, GAA, and is tied for first in wins and shut-outs.

Rogers Pancreas

Post #160 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:08 am

Hart gave up 5 to Portland a couple of nights ago, and then responded with a shutout. I love it.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #162 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Sault Ste. Marie tied up the series at 2 with a 5-2 win over Owen Sound. Frost finished with 2 assists and a +3 rating.

Rogers Pancreas

Post #163 by Rogers Pancreas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:20 pm

Rogers Pancreas

Post #164 by Rogers Pancreas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:27 pm

If you get a chance, read up on Connor Dewer. He might be worth trading down in the second for, depending upon what pick(s) you can pull back in the process. And I mean trading our second round pick down a few spots to pick up a third. Not trading down in the first.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #165 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:13 am

Rogers Pancreas

Post #166 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:52 pm

We have a few new faces with the Phantoms in Ratcliffe, Laberge, and Twarynski.

Ratcliffe has his first professional goal:

Rogers Pancreas

Post #167 by Rogers Pancreas » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:31 am

Kinda of a weird situation last night. Hart left the game due to an equipment issue, but returned later in the game. He stopped 30 of 30 shots against, and was credited with a win. But, he was not credited with a shutout (boo). Portland did not score a goal, either, so they were officially shutout. Just not by a goalie apparently.

Hart now leads the WHL in GAA, SVPCT, and is tied for the lead in wins. Because of last night, though, he's only second in shutouts.

The official statline:

10GP 1.98GAA 0.942SVPCT 7W 1L 1OTL 327SA 308SVS 2SO
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Received rep: 30 times

Post #168 by Hovercraft » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Apparently he was vomiting during the timeouts.

https://www.flyersnation.net/carter-har ... ce-finals/
Rogers Pancreas

Post #169 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Stromboli and the Bulldogs advance. They will face off against Vilardi and the Frontenacs.

Strome has fourteen points through nine games, and is a plus ten, which is good. But, Vilardi's been on another level with twenty points through eleven. He's been disgustingly good.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #170 by Rogers Pancreas » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:42 pm

Everett Silvertip Carter Hart has been named the Western Hockey League Goalie of the Year and Player of the Year. Hart also made the WHL All-Star first team. The ‘Tips face the Seattle Thunderbirds in Game One of a best-of-seven playoff series Friday March 23rd at the Angel of the Winds Arena. Everett will play without Hart next year as he moves on to the NHL after getting drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers.

Hart wasn’t the only Silvertip honored by the WHL. Coach Dennis Williams earned the conference Coach of the Year award in his first season in charge. His team set a new franchise record for goals in a season. Patrick Bajkov earned a spot on the conference All-Star second team. The Silvertips leading scorer, Bajkov recently signed a 3-year introductory contract with the Carolina Panthers of the NHL.

Western Conference Awards

Western Conference Player of the Year – Carter Hart (Sherwood Park, Alta.) – Everett Silvertips (Four Broncos Memorial Trophy)

Western Conference Top Goaltender – Carter Hart (Sherwood Park, Alta.) – Everett Silvertips (Del Wilson Memorial Trophy)

Western Conference Coach of the Year – Dennis Williams – Everett Silvertips (Dunc McCallum Memorial Trophy)

Western Conference Executive of the Year – Garry Davidson – Everett Silvertips (Lloyd Saunders Memorial Trophy)

All-Star Teams

All-Star First Team – Goaltender – Carter Hart (Sherwood Park, Alta.) – Everett Silvertips

All-Star Second Team – Forward – Patrick Bajkov (Nanaimo, B.C.) – Everett Silvertips

link

I'm not sure if this one slipped through or not, but it does look like Hart has a fighting chance at WHL player of the year.

His competition, Jayden Halbgewachs (WTF@???), led the WHL in goals (70) and points (129). He, Jayden, was named the WHL Player of the Week twice during the regular season to Hart's five times as WHL's Goaltender of the Week. Jayden was never named the WHL player of the month, though, while Hart was named WHL Goaltender of the Month three times during the regular season*.

*There was a fourth month split between the regular season and post-season in which Hart won Goaltender of the Month honours as well, but who's counting?

And in more Hart news...

The Western Hockey League announced today that Everett Silvertips goaltender Carter Hart has been named WHL Goaltender of the Week and league nominee for the Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week for the week ending April 15, 2018.

Hart, was selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the second round, 48th overall, of the 2016 NHL Draft. This past week, Hart went 3-0-0-0, maintained a 1.41 goals-against-average, stopped 112 of 116 shots for a .966 save percentage, as the Silvertips eliminated the Portland Winterhawks to advance to the Western Conference Championship for the first time since the 2006 WHL Playoffs.

The week began on Tuesday for Hart as he stopped 40 of 42 shots in a 6-2 win against the Winterhawks. Two days later, he stopped 42 of 44 shots from the Winterhawks to keep the Silvertips a perfect 4-0 on the road in the 2018 WHL Playoffs with a 3-2 win. Friday, Hart helped to close out the series with a 30-save performance in a 4-0 win against Portland. With teammate Dustin Wolf, the pair combined for the shutout, the second time the Winterhawks had been blanked in the series. Hart was named the second star of the game for his efforts in the series-clinching victory.

As good as Hart was during the 2017-18 WHL regular season, he’s raised his game in the 2018 WHL Playoffs, sporting a 8-1-1-1 record, 1.92 GAA, .944 SV% and two shutouts to bring the Silvertips to the Western Conference Championship for just the third time in franchise history.

Hart leads all goaltenders in the 2018 WHL Playoffs for GAA, SV%, shutouts, and is tied with Lethbridge Hurricanes goaltender Logan Flodell for first in wins with eight victories. In 32 career playoffs games, Hart has now compiled a 19-13-5-0 record, 2.25 GAA, .928 SV% and four shutouts.

Hart’s 2017-18 WHL regular season was his best yet, with a 31-6-1-3 record, 1.60 GAA, .947 SV% and seven shutouts in 41 games played. He also helped Canada win goal at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound product of Sherwood Park, Alta. has appeared in 190 career WHL regular season games, sporting a 116-46-10-12 record, 2.01 GAA, .927 SV% and 26 shutouts. Hart was originally selected in the eighth round, 158th overall, by the Silvertips in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft.

The reigning Vaughn WHL Goaltender of the Month for March, Hart has now captured his seventh WHL Goaltender of the Week Award this season. Hart was recently named to the Western Conference First All-Star Team and was also named the 2017-18 Western Conference’s Player of the Year and Goaltender of the Year.

Hart and the Silvertips will take on the Tri-City Americans in the Western Conference Championship, with Game One schedule for Friday, April 20 (7:35 p.m. PT) at Angel Of The Winds Arena in Everett, Wash.

link

Mr. Snider, if you're listening, can you please take after Hart, and see to it he follows the same trajectory as Claude Giroux? You owe us one, after Sergei BOBVROVSKY.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #171 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:29 pm

The Greyhounds' goaltenders are shitting all over their Memorial Cup hopes. What a waste.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #172 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:58 pm

The Greyhounds won. It took nine goals to beat the Attack, but they did it. Morgan Frost had three assists and finished with a plus two rating. After eleven games, he has five goals, eleven assists, and a plus three rating.

He hasn't been at his best, but he has time to pick up the pack.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #173 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue May 01, 2018 11:47 pm

I haven't had too much to post about with regards to Hart, due to his recent "slump", but I want to point out something: In round one, Tri-City averaged 6.0 goals scored per game, eventually sweeping Kelowna. In round two, Tri-City averaged 5.5 goals goals per game, this time sweeping Victoria. In six games against Hart and the Silvertips, which Everett eventually came out on top of, Tri-City averaged 3.66 goals per game. That's a cumulative reduction in production of 36%. I'd say that's pretty noteworthy... And, now he gets to face a team that has averaged exactly 3.0 goals scored per game per round. Should be interesting, folks.

Oh, and Frost will be facing Strome in the OHL Finals. Morgan wasn't very productive in his series against Kitchener, but he did manage a goal and two assists (thank you, Boris) in game seven.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #174 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed May 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Rogers Pancreas wrote:I'm not sure if this one slipped through or not, but it does look like Hart has a fighting chance at WHL player of the year.

His competition, Jayden Halbgewachs (WTF@???), led the WHL in goals (70) and points (129). He, Jayden, was named the WHL Player of the Week twice during the regular season to Hart's five times as WHL's Goaltender of the Week. Jayden was never named the WHL player of the month, though, while Hart was named WHL Goaltender of the Month three times during the regular season*.

*There was a fourth month split between the regular season and post-season in which Hart won Goaltender of the Month honours as well, but who's counting?

WHL Player of the Year – Four Broncos Memorial Trophy
WINNER: Carter Hart – Everett Silvertips

In a shortened regular season due to illness and a gold-medal performance for Canada at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship, Hart still managed to prove his worth as one of the top goaltenders in the entire CHL. A defending two-time winner of the Del Wilson Memorial Trophy and nominated once again in 2018, the product of Sherwood Park, Alta., stood on his head with a record of 31-6-1-3 alongside a WHL-leading CHL-leading 1.60 goals-against average, .947 save percentage and seven shutouts. Selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the second round (48th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft, Hart was named WHL Goaltender of the Week on seven separate occasions and backstopped his Silvertips to the top record in the Western Conference, as well as the second U.S. Division banner over his four-year tenure.

RUNNER UP: Jayden Halbgewachs – Moose Jaw Warriors

WHL Goaltender of the Year – Del Wilson Memorial Trophy
WINNER: Carter Hart – Everett Silvertips

Hart is a two-time defending winner of the Del Wilson Memorial Trophy, and was previously recognized as the CHL Goaltender of the Year in 2016. The product of Sherwood Park, Alta., put together another outstanding campaign, leading the WHL in a number of major statistical categories, including goals-against average (1.60), save percentage (.947) and shutouts (7). The 19-year-old goaltender finished with a record of 31-6-1-3 in 41 appearances during the 2017-18 WHL regular season. Selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the second round (48th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft, Hart was named WHL Goaltender of the Week on seven separate occasions, including four consecutive weeks from November 13 through December 10. Hart also helped backstop Canada to a gold medal at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship in Buffalo, N.Y.

WHL Announces 2017-18 Award Winners

Rogers Pancreas

Post #175 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri May 04, 2018 11:49 pm

Hart stops 34/35 shots and earns not only the first win of the series but first star of the night honours as well.

Buckle up, folks. Things are happening!!!
MiD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 28 times
Received rep: 7 times

Post #176 by MiD » Sat May 05, 2018 3:29 am

Rogers Pancreas wrote:Hart stops 34/35 shots and earns not only the first win of the series but first star of the night honours as well.
Buckle up, folks. Things are happening!!!

Few years in AHL and he will be ready for 2027...
Rogers Pancreas

Re: 2017-18 Hart and Frost Stalking.

Post #177 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue May 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Frost’s week included key contributions in two different playoff rounds for the Greyhounds including a Game 7 victory over the Kitchener Rangers in the OHL’s Western Conference Final plus the opening two games of the Rogers OHL Championship Series against the Hamilton Bulldogs. In last Monday’s Game 7, Frost scored once and added two assists in regulation before the Greyhounds clinched the series and Western Conference title with a 4-3 triumph in double overtime. Competing in their first OHL final since 1993, the Greyhounds earned a two-game split with the Bulldogs in a pair of home ice contests last week with Frost contributing an assist in a 4-3 overtime loss in Game 1 on Thursday then a two-goal and one assist performance in Game 2 on Saturday as part of the 4-2 victory. Frost opened this week with a goal despite a 6-5 loss in Monday’s Game 3. The series continues Wednesday night for the Robertson Cup with Game 4 action from Hamilton available as part of CHL playoff coverage on Sportsnet One and 360.

link

I was a little surprised to see this. It's only been a few games, but it feels like Frost's been kind of quiet of late.

Shows what I know...
Hovercraft
Registered Broad

Post #178 by Hovercraft » Wed May 09, 2018 7:01 am

Phantoms up 2 games to 1 on Charlotte. Playing again tonight. Lindblom had 2G last game, and Morin is back in the lineup. Sanheim is hurt from a knee on knee in G1.
Registered Broad

Post #179 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Thu May 10, 2018 1:04 am

Phantoms in a 5 OT game
Rogers Pancreas

Post #180 by Rogers Pancreas » Thu May 10, 2018 6:10 am

Holy fuck. I just saw that.

Lyon stopped 93 out of 94 shots.

93 out of 94 shots.

Thankfully, the Phantoms don't play again until Saturday, but god damn... you almost have to give the guy another game off to try and recuperate.
chaosof99
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 6 times
Received rep: 22 times

Post #181 by chaosof99 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:56 am

JFC.

The really weird thing is that the same two franchises set the previous record in 2008 when the Philadelphia Phantoms peppered Michael Leighton (yes, that one) of the Albany River Rats with 101 shots before Ryan Potulny (that's a name I haven't heard in a long time) scored the winner 2:58 into the 5th overtime. This one packed about another 4 minutes onto that number.
Hovercraft
Registered Broad

Post #182 by Hovercraft » Thu May 10, 2018 8:31 am

What a performance by Lyon! That's gotta be close to the highest non shutout save percentage ever.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #183 by Rogers Pancreas » Thu May 10, 2018 8:14 pm

It's okay, kid. We still kind of like you.

The Red Tilson Trophy is the most prestigious individual award presented by the Ontario Hockey League. First presented in 1945, the trophy is named in honour of Albert “Red” Tilson, who was killed in action in Europe during World War II. Tilson was the OHA scoring champion for the 1942-43 season after scoring 19 goals and 38 assists for 57 points in 22 games with the Oshawa Generals.

Accredited media were asked to select their top three choices from the 20 nominees submitted by all 20 member clubs. Players received five points for a first place selection, three points for second place and one point for a third place selection. Kyrou received 235 points in the voting process including first place selection on nearly 40% of all submitted ballots. Philadelphia Flyers prospect Morgan Frost of the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds finished in second place with 191 voting points, followed by Ottawa Senators prospect Aaron Luchuk of the Barrie Colts in third place with 165 voting points.

The list of former Red Tilson Trophy recipients includes Tod Sloan (St. Michael’s 1946), Stan Mikita (St. Catharines 1959), Yvan Cournoyer (Montreal 1964), Bobby Smith (Ottawa 1978), former Blues Doug Gilmour (Cornwall 1983), and back-to-back winner Brad Boyes (Erie 2000 and 2001), John Tavares (Oshawa 2007), and recent winners Connor McDavid (Erie 2015), Mitch Marner (London 2016), and Alex DeBrincat (Erie 2018).

Hey, if it's any consolation, you (Frost) scored more points this post-season than Kyrou did in four years with Sarnia.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #184 by Rogers Pancreas » Mon May 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Frost and Hart were both bounced en route to the Memorial Cup. That leaves us with German Rubtsov and Matt Strome in the CHL, and Philippe Myers, Oskar Lindblom, and Nicolas Aube-Kubel in the AHL. For those living under a rock, Sanheim and Morin are both out indefinitely with lower-body injuries. So, there's that bit of excitement.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #185 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri May 25, 2018 11:01 pm

Hart has been named a finalist for the CHL Goaltender of the Year award, as well as the CHL Player of the Year award.

Also, why am I just now finding out that Provorov was named the CHL Defenseman of the Year in 2015/16? (Hello, Rock.)
Registered Broad

Post #186 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Fri May 25, 2018 11:39 pm

Provy was a steal
Rogers Pancreas

Post #187 by Rogers Pancreas » Sat May 26, 2018 10:34 pm

No CHL Player of the Year Award, but he is now officially the only goaltender in CHL history to have won the award twice in his junior career. As an aside, he is also the only WHL goaltender in WHL history to have been named the WHL Goaltender of the Year three or more times.

http://chl.ca/video/vaughn-goaltender-o ... arter-hart

(Kid's an absolute pro. Just watch the interview. He's Provy-esque, but with a smile.)
Registered Broad

Post #188 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Mon May 28, 2018 1:05 am

Smile means he's soft. Provy for the C and both A's at the same time
Registered Broad

Post #189 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:56 pm

The save he has at around 55 seconds is pretty impressive to me. Can we fire our goalie coach before he makes it to the big club?

Rogers Pancreas

Post #190 by Rogers Pancreas » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Sounds a lot like Simon (Gagne).
Kilgore Trout
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 21 times
Received rep: 16 times

Post #191 by Kilgore Trout » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:16 pm

28 minutes with no video?!
Rogers Pancreas

Post #192 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:09 pm

I laughed:

Carter Hart, G, Flyers

Calling any teenager the Flyers' future goalie is one of hockey's proverbial scarlet letters, so expectations need to be tempered. Nonetheless, Hart had an excellent WHL career and most certainly is ready to tackle a role in the AHL.

link

"Expectations need to be tempered..."

"Hart had an excellent WHL career..."

I honestly don't know to temper it any more than this just did.
jester
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 10 times
Received rep: 102 times

Post #193 by jester » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:52 pm

I went to the prospect game ... my expectations for Hart were not tempered.
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 43 times
Received rep: 11 times

Post #194 by GoneFullHextall » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:49 pm

looks like some at HF are thinking about bringing out the bust label on Frost after a rough week at the tourney.
Basically, no one should be shocked what is said there.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #195 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:44 pm

I'd be shocked if something stupid and short-sighted wasn't said.

Return to “The Eric Wellwood Memorial Forum”