the tendon-cy to retire is natural.
now with even more memorial.
jester
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 94 times

Re: 2017-18 Prospect Stalking.

Post #101 by jester » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:12 pm

Bold prediction: Frost makes the team out of camp, and Hart takes over the Flyers net by the second half of next season.

Lindblom wins Calder.
JLHockeyKnight
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 81 times
Received rep: 36 times

Post #102 by JLHockeyKnight » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:05 am

jester wrote:Bold prediction: Frost makes the team out of camp, and Hart takes over the Flyers net by the second half of next season.

Lindblom wins Calder.

I honestly don't think Frost making it out of camp is so bold. More like a little bit bold.

Flip is gone after this season. Leaves us with Couturier and Patrick at C. Laughton at 3C is just a fucking nightmare right now, so just no, he needs to be 4C. So we need a 3C. Vecchione is probably the most NHL ready but Frost has been consistently stellar all season in the OHL. They could always hit free agency with the cap space they have though. But if they want to fill from within, I'd say Vecchione and Frost are your two best options right now to consider. Probably Vecchione, but who knows how Frost can impress at camp.

My guess is Hart plays a full AHL season next year and makes the team out of camp the following year. After next season, Elliott and Neuvirth's contracts are up, so Hart replaces one of them.
Rogers Pancreas
Has given rep: 34 times
Received rep: 85 times

Post #103 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:19 am

jester wrote:Bold prediction: Frost makes the team out of camp, and Hart takes over the Flyers net by the second half of next season.

Lindblom wins Calder.

Hextall has almost made it a point not to saturate the roster with rookies every year. We had Ghost and Laughton going full-time in 2015. In 2016, Provorov, Konecny and Cousins. This year, Patrick, Weal and Hagg. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say Lindblom, Morin and Sanheim will be on the roster opening night, and Hart will get called up towards the end of the season, securing a spot as one of our goaltenders going forward.
His Satanic Majestic Request
jester
Registered Broad

Post #104 by jester » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:56 am

Rogers Pancreas wrote:

Lindblom wins Calder.

Hextall has almost made it a point not to saturate the roster with rookies every year. We had Ghost and Laughton going full-time in 2015. In 2016, Provorov, Konecny and Cousins. This year, Patrick, Weal and Hagg. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say Lindblom, Morin and Sanheim will be on the roster opening night, and Hart will get called up towards the end of the season, securing a spot as the permanent immediate back-up.

True, but the issue is whether guys force his hand, as well. I would be surprised if Lindblom does not get called up before the end of the season. Frost's numbers are pretty batshit. If he comes into camp and doesn't look out of place, puts up some points in the preseason, etc. ... it will be hard not to keep him.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #105 by Rogers Pancreas » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 pm

An interesting question was posed "is Frost a product of the Greyhounds just being an awesome team?" And while looking at the OHL preview for tonight's game I see that he is outscoring the Greyhound's next leading scorer by twenty-two points. And that player he's outscoring happens to be Raddysh, whom the Greyhounds acquired roughly a month ago. Now, Katchouk's three points tonight will move him ahead of Raddysh, but with two goals already Frost gets that twenty-two point buffer right back.

Real-time stat line:
51GP 32G 55A 87PTS (<-- Frost) +57 (<-- SOO)
Dig Out Your Soul
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 6 times
Received rep: 6 times

Post #106 by Dig Out Your Soul » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Howdy friends. Long time. Been lurking like a POS for ages, just haven't really had the time to watch a whole ton of Flyers hockey and therefore I'm not in a place to add to the conversation.

So having said that...

Went to the Niagara/Soo game last night specifically to check out Frost. I'm pretty excited about this kid. To address RP's point above: Is he a product of how good the team is? My answer at this point is: no. He's that good. Yes, he plays on a line with two team Canada guys who look like men among boys. But you have to remember that Raddysh has only played a dozen games with the Soo after being traded to them last month and Katchouk was away at the World Juniors while Frost wasn't skipping a beat back home. Top centre on the top team in the country leading the OHL in scoring. It all makes sense.

He's a bit smaller than I expected. At 5'11 he looks tiny compared to his linemates (6'2 and 6'3). That line as a whole looks so dominant that it comes off as effortless. They're playing the game in slow motion. Frost anticipates the play and always seems to end up where the puck is going. He's never chasing. His vision offensively is impressive. He makes passes that would probably be defined as risky or too cute in the NHL, but at this level it's working because he's that much better than everyone else. His two goals last night were pretty nice. One off a rush and one a total snipe from the off wing. I think Meltzer tweeted video to both. His line scored all 4 goals in the game. He's a catalyst every time he steps on the ice. Plays the point on the PP and also plays the PK. The +/- is ridiculous and makes a ton of sense given how much his line drives the play. They look like they're on the PP playing keep away almost every shift. I was impressed. The Niagara fans around me were in awe and were resigned to a loss after the first shift.

He's way too good for the OHL.
JLHockeyKnight
Registered Broad

Post #107 by JLHockeyKnight » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:54 pm

Dig Out Your Soul wrote:Howdy friends. Long time. Been lurking like a POS for ages, just haven't really had the time to watch a whole ton of Flyers hockey and therefore I'm not in a place to add to the conversation.

So having said that...

Went to the Niagara/Soo game last night specifically to check out Frost. I'm pretty excited about this kid. To address RP's point above: Is he a product of how good the team is? My answer at this point is: no. He's that good. Yes, he plays on a line with two team Canada guys who look like men among boys. But you have to remember that Raddysh has only played a dozen games with the Soo after being traded to them last month and Katchouk was away at the World Juniors while Frost wasn't skipping a beat back home. Top centre on the top team in the country leading the OHL in scoring. It all makes sense.

He's a bit smaller than I expected. At 5'11 he looks tiny compared to his linemates (6'2 and 6'3). That line as a whole looks so dominant that it comes off as effortless. They're playing the game in slow motion. Frost anticipates the play and always seems to end up where the puck is going. He's never chasing. His vision offensively is impressive. He makes passes that would probably be defined as risky or too cute in the NHL, but at this level it's working because he's that much better than everyone else. His two goals last night were pretty nice. One off a rush and one a total snipe from the off wing. I think Meltzer tweeted video to both. His line scored all 4 goals in the game. He's a catalyst every time he steps on the ice. Plays the point on the PP and also plays the PK. The +/- is ridiculous and makes a ton of sense given how much his line drives the play. They look like they're on the PP playing keep away almost every shift. I was impressed. The Niagara fans around me were in awe and were resigned to a loss after the first shift.

He's way too good for the OHL.

Quick, someone call CharlieGirl and Valhoun so we can have a good ol' reunion!

Hope you're doing well. I'm on board the Frost hype train too.

Problem is that pesky AHL-CHL agreement. He's too young. So the options are NHL or OHL next season for him. And unless he impresses the ever loving shit out of Hextall through training camp and pre-season, he's probably going to have to slow roast in the OHL again. Of course, if he's top of the league in points, Hextall may feel he's reached his max potential for juniors.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #108 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:34 pm

I think I got Charlie covered.

Possibly Valhoun, too.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #109 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Kid has 200 shots in just 51 games played.

Clearly, he is not a golfer. Or a playmaker.
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 28 times
Received rep: 51 times

Post #110 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:34 am

We can call CG and Val for the reunion, but nobody even think about calling LTrain or Agrudaz
Dig Out Your Soul
Registered Broad
Received rep: 6 times

Post #111 by Dig Out Your Soul » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:19 am

My intention is to head up to Guelph for old times sake to see Ratcliffe play. I wanted to see them play Kitchener (is CG still a fan?) - but I'm on vacation that week. At some point I'll report on how Ratcliffe looks in person.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #112 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:08 am

Carter Hart with back to back first star honors. He finished with thirty out of thirty-two saves against Spokane, in which Everett ultimately lost in OT, and twenty-three out of a possible twenty-three saves against Vancouver.

He now leads all WHL goaltenders in SVPCT, GAA, and SO. He's tied for sixth overall in wins, but has played thirty percent less games than the next goaltender above him with the lowest number of games played. (If I said that right...)
Rogers Pancreas

Post #113 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:42 pm

The incredible Western Hockey League career of Everett Silvertips goaltender Carter Hart took another step forward Saturday.

Hart stopped all 23 shots by the visiting Vancouver Giants to secure the 5-0 victory, tying the WHL’s all-time shutout record held by Vancouver Giants goaltender Tyson Sexsmith.

It was an ironic win of sorts as Hart blanked the visiting Giants, the same team that had rolled with Sexsmith between the pipes for so many years before to accomplish the record Hart worked so hard to attain.

It took Sexsmith four seasons and 179 games to set the previous mark of 26 shutouts. He made his WHL debut during the 2004-05 season and continued playing in the league until the 2008-09 season. Hart tied the record in game 178 of his WHL career. A 6-foot-2, 185-pound product of Sherwood Park, Alta. was originally drafted by the Silvertips in the eighth round, 158th overall, of the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft from the Sherwood Park AAA Flyers.

Since then, he’s compiled a legendary resume over the course of his junior hockey career.

http://whl.ca/article/silvertips-goalte ... nst-giants

Hart's mantra:

Registered Broad

Post #114 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm

I haven't been this excited for a goalie since Bob
Registered Broad

Post #115 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm

If there is one thing that Hexy seems to have a great grasp of it's drafting the young kids. It's incredibly exciting to watch a lot of our prospects playing out of their minds.
JLHockeyKnight
Registered Broad

Post #116 by JLHockeyKnight » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:15 pm

Konecny HypeTrain Captain wrote:If there is one thing that Hexy seems to have a great grasp of it's drafting the young kids. It's incredibly exciting to watch a lot of our prospects playing out of their minds.

That's not just Hextall. We've been drafting some stellar players for years. Just prior management would trade away the young kids for veterans for a lackluster playoff push then three years later we'd see the kids blowing up with no Cup to show for and we're here going "we gave them up?" Hextall's persistence to actually retain the talent we draft is a perfect match for the organization's eye for that talent.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #117 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:26 pm

We've struggled horrificly to find talent outside the first round. Until 2010, Sharp, Seidenberg and Fedoruk were the only players you could consider NHL regulars. Chechmanek and Niittymaki were late-round picks as well, but they fizzled out after just 200 games.

Ghost is a standout. Lindblom and Hart have top-end talent. Stolarsz, Hagg and Cousins are still young enough to work their way into the conversation.

So, while it's still early, Hextall appears to have an inside track on finding late-round talent.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #118 by jester » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:56 am

In fairness, the Flyers have done exceptionally well with late first round picks, where the expected value plummets. Given that the Flyers have generally been a good team historically, they've done reasonably well.

I think the key philosophical shift with Hextall is to value speed/skill in the later rounds. High ceiling, low floor types.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #119 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Frost's Greyhounds WRECKED Strome and the Bulldogs - 10-0. Frost had two goals, an assist and finished +2 on the night. I believe he is now outscoring the next highest scorer on the Greyhounds by 23 points.

And it looks like Lindblom had a goal tonight as well.

Rogers Pancreas

Post #120 by Rogers Pancreas » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:24 am

Rogers Pancreas

Post #121 by Rogers Pancreas » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:31 am

Hart's back, posting a 0.966 and 0.967 save percentage in his last two starts, respectively. His GAA in each was a 1.00.

GP Min SH SAV GA GAA SAV% W L SO
33 1977 1042 991 51 1.55 0.951 25 4 7

EDIT: And another first star honor.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #122 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:16 am

I haven't had a Strome update for a while, but I figured it'd be worth pointing out that he's now at 64 points through 57 games played.

Not a bad turnaround given the abysmal start to the season he had.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #123 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Morgan Frost - 2 goals, 0 assists, +3 - 1st mother fucking star.

Like there was ever a doubt.
Registered Broad

Post #124 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:52 pm

The Hexy era feels a lot more exciting than the Holmgren era, it's awesome to see our prospects producing and getting chances with the big club. Holmgren was like being held up at gun point every off-season and trade deadline.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #125 by jester » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:38 pm

Konecny HypeTrain Captain wrote:The Hexy era feels a lot more exciting than the Holmgren era, it's awesome to see our prospects producing and getting chances with the big club. Holmgren was like being held up at gun point every off-season and trade deadline.

It feels a lot like when Richards and Carter were coming ... which, in fairness, Holmgren had a good bit to do with. But he fucked it up good a few years later.
Registered Broad

Post #126 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:13 am

Richards and Carter were very exciting, but now it's a good 10-12 players who are incredible to watch coming through the ranks on top of that the NHL team is surprisingly competitive.
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Received rep: 30 times

Post #127 by Hovercraft » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:39 am

It's great to be competing in the NHL and still have good young players not in the league yet (Sanheim, Frost, Rubstov, Hart, etc)
Rogers Pancreas

Post #128 by Rogers Pancreas » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:34 pm

It's kind of neat to think about the parallels between then and now. Gagne was our vet back then. Now, we have Giroux, Voracek, Couturier and Simmonds. Our draftees coming up through the Phantoms were Pitkanen, Carter, Richards, Niittymaki, Sharp and Seidenberg. Now, we have Ghost, Provorov, Patrick, Konecny, Hart, Frost, Lindblom, Sanheim, Myers, Morin, Laughton and Hagg.

The main difference I see is patience in management, though. Holmgren would hand out a bad contract, and then eat a buyout. Hextall... not so much. Holmgren would hand out a NTC or a NMC, and then make a move he wouldn't have done otherwise in order to compensate. Hextall is again of a different mindset. Holmgren would jump at the chance to improve his team today - with mixed results - while Hextall's moves seem to be more calculated, weighing long-term reward against immediate risks; hence the Schenn trade.

All in all, not all bad.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #129 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:50 pm

Ratcliffe had a hat-trick tonight.

Strome did not. He had a lonely pair of loners (a goal and an assist), which was still good enough for second star.

Random thoughts. It bothers me that Strome does not move his feet at all after he gets the puck. He's like Bizarro-McDavid in that regard, and I think it's going to cost him long-term unless he can change. Ratcliffe has a really shit plus/minus compared to Strome, and his playmaking skills are almost non-existent if you were to compare the two, but he seems more fluid. I won't know for another decade or so, but if I had to choose between the two today I'm going with Ratcliffe.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #130 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:14 am

The Hamilton Bulldogs are OHL East Division champions for the first time, stringing together their sixth straight win on Saturday to capture the division title on home ice.

Overage veteran Ryan Moore scored twice while Ben Gleason, Robert Thomas and Will Bitten each had two assists as the Bulldogs skated past the Oshawa Generals 4-1 to improve to 41-16-3-3.

link

Congrats, Strome.
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 43 times
Received rep: 11 times

Post #131 by GoneFullHextall » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:30 am

Rogers Pancreas wrote:Ratcliffe had a hat-trick tonight.

Strome did not. He had a lonely pair of loners (a goal and an assist), which was still good enough for second star.

Random thoughts. It bothers me that Strome does not move his feet at all after he gets the puck. He's like Bizarro-McDavid in that regard, and I think it's going to cost him long-term unless he can change. Ratcliffe has a really shit plus/minus compared to Strome, and his playmaking skills are almost non-existent if you were to compare the two, but he seems more fluid. I won't know for another decade or so, but if I had to choose between the two today I'm going with Ratcliffe.

well thats why Strome fell in the draft right? hopefully the Flyers can send him somewhere over the summer so he can work on his skating and footwork. it needs work. But he is still a young kid so there is still plenty of time to work with him
jester
Registered Broad

Post #132 by jester » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:02 pm

:trump:

It's always safe to bet on the guy with size and hands, I'd say.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #133 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:34 pm

jester wrote::trump:

It's always safe to bet on the guy with size and hands, I'd say.

chaosof99
Registered Broad
Received rep: 22 times

Post #134 by chaosof99 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Hextall signed Carsen Twarynski to an ELC. Drafted him in the 3rd round, 82nd overall in 2016. Twarynski scored 70 points in 66 games for the Kelowna Rockets this year.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #135 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Morgan Frost: two goals including the game tying goal, five shots, and a plus one rating.

Puts him at 107 through 64 games played, and a +68.

Matt Strome also had two goals, though his game was played yesterday. He finished with five shots on goal, and a minus one rating. Though, that was still enough for second star. He's up to 67 through 63, and has set career highs in goals, assists, and points this season.
chaosof99
Registered Broad

Post #136 by chaosof99 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:49 am

chaosof99
Registered Broad

Post #137 by chaosof99 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Matthew Strome also signed his ELC.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #138 by Rogers Pancreas » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:33 pm

For good measure, Frost followed up on his two goal game by picking up a goal and two assists the next. That earned him first star honors, and gives him 110 points - 25 points more than the Greyhound's next leading scorer.

Also... this happened:

The first place Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds were represented by eight players across 12 different categories receiving first place votes in six. Morgan Frost was listed three times finishing first as the West’s Smartest Player, Best Playmaker, and tied for first with Kyrou in the Best Stickhandler category.

link

:smuglanne: :smuglanne: :smuglanne:
Rogers Pancreas

Post #139 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:52 pm

A little extra Hart news for your Sunday:

The Everett Silvertips are U.S. Division Champions and will finish as the top seed in the WHL’s Western Conference after the Portland Winterhawks fell 5-1 to the Seattle Thunderbirds Saturday evening.

Seattle’s win sets up a first-round meeting between a pair of Pacific Northwest rivals as the Thunderbirds – posted up in the second wild card seed – will take on the Conference-champion Silvertips.

Hart leads the WHL in GAA with a 1.60 GAA. The next best is 2.77. He leads the WHL in SVPCT with a 0.947. The next best is 0.914. He leads the WHL in shutouts with 7. The next best is 6. But, he only finished fourth on the wins list with 31. The leader had 38. I feel pretty comfortable saying that he'll win the WHL and CHL goaltender of the year again, which should make not only WHL history but CHL history as well.

Very impressive season by the kid.

Now, if we could just get that bum Frost going...
Rogers Pancreas

Post #140 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Speaking of Frost, Morgan picked up two points today in a 6-3 win to close out the season. That leaves him with 42 goals (3rd), 70 assists (t-1st), 112 points (2nd) and a modest +70 (1st) rating.

He's not exactly Nick Cousins, but I don't think I'm being unrealistic when I say I expect him to score more goals, and collect more assists than Rick Tocchet and Jeff Carter combined.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #141 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Not exactly a surprise for anyone playing close enough attention this season:

WHL Western Conference All-Star Teams

FIRST ALL-STAR TEAM

Goaltender – Carter Hart (Sherwood Park, Alta.) – Everett Silvertips

http://whl.ca/article/whl-announces-201 ... star-teams

2017-18 WHL Conference Award Winners

Western Conference Player of the Year – Carter Hart (Sherwood Park, Alta.) – Everett Silvertips
Western Conference Top Goaltender – Carter Hart (Sherwood Park, Alta.) – Everett Silvertips

http://whl.ca/article/whl-announces-201 ... rd-winners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm comfortable in saying Hart will win the WHL Goaltender of the Year Award. I'm less comfortable with the WHL Player of the Year Award. But the CHL Goaltender of the Year Award, that's interesting.

Last year, he easily could have won the CHL Goaltender of the Year Award, making him the first ever to win it twice, but there were a few things working against him - all of which were political. He did not play his best hockey at the World Juniors, taking home silver instead of goal and finishing with a sub .910 save percentage. The WHL post-season played out in similar fashion, with a .908 save percentage and a second-round exit. And senior Michael McNiven put up respectable numbers in another league while taking Owen Sound a bit further in the OHL playoffs. It all made it very easy to pass on Hart.

But this year, with Carter putting up the numbers he did with respect to his peers (both present and historical), and getting Canada back to gold at the World Juniors, it becomes much, much easier for voters to say "we're going to put this kid in the CHL record books as one of the best ever" because at that point he's established. He's less a risk to regress, and tarnish the league's reputation because he's already established himself as one of the best WHL goaltenders ever. If Hart flames out ala Pogge, well, he at least had one hell of a junior career, and no one can argue otherwise.
Hovercraft
Registered Broad
Received rep: 30 times

Post #142 by Hovercraft » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:27 am

We traded Cooper Marody to EDM for a 2019 3rd round pick. Not bad for a 6th round pick who sounded like he wasn't going to sign with us.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #143 by jester » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Hovercraft wrote:We traded Cooper Marody to EDM for a 2019 3rd round pick. Not bad for a 6th round pick who sounded like he wasn't going to sign with us.

Yeah, it strikes me as a smart move. I mean, sure, he might turn into a useful player down the line ... but we have so many quality prospects, that we aren't going to be able to keep everyone (or even sign them). So, might as well turn some of them into future lottery tickets to keep the cyle going.
Registered Broad

Post #144 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Maybe mute the volume though
Rogers Pancreas

Post #145 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:45 pm

The assist at 1:50 is incredible. And in overtime! Good find, meng.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #146 by Rogers Pancreas » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:39 pm

Strome had three points in the Bulldogs' first win last night (1g+2a).

Hart, Ratcliffe, Frost, and Bunnaman all play their first game of the CHL playoffs tonight as well.

--------------------

As a follow-up, Hart stopped 25/26 shots against last night in a 4-1 win.

Frost finished with an assist and +2 rating in a 5-2 win over Saginaw.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #147 by Rogers Pancreas » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:25 pm

Kind of a quick refresher on our NCAA prospects who, with Marody out of the picture, actually look pretty respectable from afar.

TANNER LACZYNSKI
BIRTHYEAR 1997-06-01 BIRTHPLACE Shorewood, IL, USA
AGE 20 NATION USA
POSITION C SHOOTS R
HEIGHT 183 cm / 6'0" WEIGHT 87 kg / 192 lbs

2017-18 Ohio State Univ. NCAA 38GP 15G 28A 43PTS 12PIM +16

2017-2018 NCAA (B1G) All-Tournament Team + NCAA (B1G) First All-Star Team

--------------------

WYATT KALYNUK
BIRTHYEAR 1997-04-14 BIRTHPLACE Virden, MB, CAN
AGE 20 NATION Canada
POSITION D SHOOTS L
HEIGHT 185 cm / 6'1" WEIGHT 82 kg / 181 lbs
YOUTH TEAM Virden MHA
NHL DRAFT 2017 round 7 #196 overall by Philadelphia Flyers

2017-18 Univ. of Wisconsin NCAA 37GP 3G 22A 25PTS 28PIM -11

2017-2018 NCAA (B1G) All-Rookie Team + NCAA (B1G) Honorable Mention All-Star Team

--------------------

WADE ALLISON
BIRTHYEAR 1997-10-14 BIRTHPLACE Myrtle, MB, CAN
AGE 20 NATION Canada
POSITION RW SHOOTS R
HEIGHT 188 cm / 6'2" WEIGHT 93 kg / 205 lbs
YOUTH TEAM Carman MHA
NHL DRAFT 2016 round 2 #52 overall by Philadelphia Flyers

2017-18 [Lower body injury, out for the rest of the 2017/18 season] Western Michigan Univ. NCAA 22GP 15G 15A 30PTS 29PIM +7

2017-2018 NCAA (NCHC) Honorable Mention All-Star Team

* From what I've read, Laczynski is supposed to be strong on the cycle, with a pro shot. Kalynuk is a smooth heady two-way defenseman. And Wade seems to be the stereotypical big, strong, goal-scoring winger with tons of potential,but not without a few holes to his game.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #148 by Rogers Pancreas » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:45 pm

Morgan Frost - 2 g 1 a +2 - first start
Rogers Pancreas

Post #149 by Rogers Pancreas » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:35 pm

The Greyhounds are an absolute machine.

It's only been three games, but they're averaging just under seven goals a game.

This is London Knights circa 2005 dominance.
Rogers Pancreas

Post #150 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:29 pm

Nice assist by Isaac Ratcliffe today on the PP:

He finished with three assists in a 7-5 win, and was named second star for his effort. The Storm are now back in the series after being down two games to nothing.

Matt Stromboli also had a decent game, finishing with two assists, and third star honors. The Bulldogs are up two games to one against the Ottawa 67s.

Return to “The Eric Wellwood Memorial Forum”