Thoughts on Hagg?

The Tendoncy to Retire is Natural
User avatar
Rogers Pancreas
Posts: 10667
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am
Location: New York
Has given rep: 44 times
Received rep: 94 times

Thoughts on Hagg?

Post #1 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:40 am

I'm curious to know what other people think of Hagg. Do you think he projects to fall in line with MacDonald and Grossmann or Seidenberg and Hjalmarsson?

(When you look at how much turnover this organization has had over the years, talking about Hagg may be as pointless as talking about some like Gustafsson.)
His Satanic Majestic Request
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4851
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 34 times

Re: Thoughts on Hagg?

Post #2 by CantSeeColors » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:55 am

Rogers Pancreas wrote:I'm curious to know what other people think of Hagg. Do you think he projects to fall in line with MacDonald and Grossmann or Seidenberg and Hjalmarsson?

(When you look at how much turnover this organization has had over the years, talking about Hagg may be as pointless as talking about some like Gustafsson.)

Or even someone like Seidenberg, ironically enough.

He's been fine. I'd be shocked if he ever hit the highs of Hjalmarsson, but a perfectly cromulent #4/5 defender seems like a reasonable outcome to me.
User avatar
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Posts: 14377
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm
Has given rep: 1905 times
Received rep: 845 times

Re: Thoughts on Hagg?

Post #3 by vonbonds » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:43 am

How is Hagg’s skating? I haven’t watched many Flyer games yet this year and when I do I just watch Provorov. Hjalmarsson’s skating is his best asset or at least was.
User avatar
GoneFullHextall
Registered Broad
Posts: 6634
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm
Has given rep: 43 times
Received rep: 11 times

Re: Thoughts on Hagg?

Post #4 by GoneFullHextall » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:21 pm

he is the whipping boy on this team out of the rookies.
I think he is fine as a bottom pairing guy. He is probably playing to much. Folks at HF hate him because Haksol likes him.
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4851
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 34 times

Re: Thoughts on Hagg?

Post #5 by CantSeeColors » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:41 pm

GoneFullHextall wrote:he is the whipping boy on this team out of the rookies.
I think he is fine as a bottom pairing guy. He is probably playing to much. Folks at HF hate him because Haksol likes him.

Well now I like him for sure.
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7618
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 37 times
Received rep: 60 times

Re: Thoughts on Hagg?

Post #6 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Hagg is leading NHL rookies in +- and hits, he's obviously doing something right. Hagg has honestly been pretty solid IMO
User avatar
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Posts: 14377
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm
Has given rep: 1905 times
Received rep: 845 times

Re: Thoughts on Hagg?

Post #7 by vonbonds » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:12 pm

I thought you guys have said Hagg is pretty smart out here especially for a rookie. I love smart players as you can’t have enough of them.
User avatar
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Posts: 7618
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Has given rep: 37 times
Received rep: 60 times

Re: Thoughts on Hagg?

Post #8 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:56 pm

I like Hagg a lot
CantSeeColors
Registered Broad
Posts: 4851
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 34 times

Re: Thoughts on Hagg?

Post #9 by CantSeeColors » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:52 am

vonbonds wrote:I thought you guys have said Hagg is pretty smart out here especially for a rookie. I love smart players as you can’t have enough of them.

He is, he just hasn't shown any offensive ability yet, even just making a good outlet pass consistently (he's up and out off the glass pretty much all the time). Whether he doesn't have it or he's just keeping it simple because he's a rookie is the million dollar question, I guess.

Return to “The Eric Wellwood Memorial”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest