Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

And some artists..
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 18516
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 180 times
Received rep: 821 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5351 by MP » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:23 pm

"Vegan friends"? Is that possible...?
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5352 by Craig » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:51 pm

Yes, it's possible to be friends with a vegan.
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 20947
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1732 times
Received rep: 1953 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5353 by Retardé S » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Indeed Craig.

What a stupid question, MP.

Image
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 18516
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 180 times
Received rep: 821 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5354 by MP » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:50 am

I was taught there were no stupid questions...

But really though, the vegans I've met tend to make everything about themselves, asking/telling/forcing others to change their habits to suit their life style. So I guess I haven't met any nice vegans or you guys just put up with their constant "is this made with non-dairy butter" questions?
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 23509
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 925 times
Received rep: 1516 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5355 by Mufasa » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:42 am

MP wrote:I was taught there were no stupid questions...

But really though, the vegans I've met tend to make everything about themselves, asking/telling/forcing others to change their habits to suit their life style. So I guess I haven't met any nice vegans or you guys just put up with their constant "is this made with non-dairy butter" questions?


You are a sad man MP.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 13139
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 759 times
Received rep: 540 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5356 by mayoradamwest » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:54 am

Craig wrote:Yes, it's possible to be friends with a vegan.



who pooped in your dishwasher?
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 5604
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 3020 times
Received rep: 745 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5357 by Dog » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:10 am

It was a joke, okay??!
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5358 by Craig » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:59 am

mayoradamwest wrote:
Craig wrote:Yes, it's possible to be friends with a vegan.



who pooped in your dishwasher?


That was my coworker's neighbour. Dude I work with had the cops knock on his door and ask if they could see his surveillance camera footage to catch the pooper.
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5359 by Craig » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:01 pm

MP wrote:I was taught there were no stupid questions...

But really though, the vegans I've met tend to make everything about themselves, asking/telling/forcing others to change their habits to suit their life style. So I guess I haven't met any nice vegans or you guys just put up with their constant "is this made with non-dairy butter" questions?


I don't find people asking about the contents of food that annoying. Most vegans I know are very accommodating, really. Like they'll happily bring their own food if you just let 'em know they need to.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 23509
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 925 times
Received rep: 1516 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5360 by Mufasa » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:04 pm

I ate plant based for almost a year, people were very aggressive with their "concerns" over my health.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 5604
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 3020 times
Received rep: 745 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5361 by Dog » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:15 pm

The only vegans I know also eat meat.
User avatar
AD
Posts: 27022
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: Here
Has given rep: 1151 times
Received rep: 1359 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5362 by AD » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:23 pm

Isn't he like, 40, playing in Europe, and opening a microbrew line?
User avatar
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Posts: 18763
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 1225 times
Received rep: 1545 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5363 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:27 pm

In my bid to make Earth uninhabitable to life as we currently know it I eat (and waste) exorbitant amounts of meat. I’ve also been sneaking onto farms all over the globe at night and tilling their topsoil.
god damn brewery
User avatar
AD
Posts: 27022
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: Here
Has given rep: 1151 times
Received rep: 1359 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5364 by AD » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:29 pm

AD wrote:Isn't he like, 40, playing in Europe, and opening a microbrew line?


I'm leaving it here. But this was a post about picking Lapierre.

I stand by the decision to put it in this thread.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 9746
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 126 times
Received rep: 217 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5365 by IcE ColD » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:53 pm

AD wrote:Isn't he like, 40, playing in Europe, and opening a microbrew line?


Pretty sure he's talking about the Lapierre, son of Jimmy
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 20947
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1732 times
Received rep: 1953 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5366 by Retardé S » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:43 pm

MP wrote:I was taught there were no stupid questions...

But really though, the vegans I've met tend to make everything about themselves, asking/telling/forcing others to change their habits to suit their life style. So I guess I haven't met any nice vegans or you guys just put up with their constant "is this made with non-dairy butter" questions?


The vegans I know are not ideologues thankfully. Whenever we eat out, we either eat vegan or I bring them to a place with vegan options.

But we're able to compromise because we don't use our ideas as a weapon of self-righteousness.

They weren't really aggravated by the lobster video, they just didn't respond and that's 100% fine by me.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5367 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:24 pm

I saw a bunch of studies suggesting vegans/vegenterians eat meat all the time when no one is looking... basically virtue signaling with food but something like 85% admit cheating regularly and then after a couple of months they give up and start eating like normal humenses again.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 23509
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 925 times
Received rep: 1516 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5368 by Mufasa » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:35 pm

Slick Nick wrote:I saw a bunch of studies suggesting vegans/vegenterians eat meat all the time when no one is looking... basically virtue signaling with food but something like 85% admit cheating regularly and then after a couple of months they give up and start eating like normal humenses again.


So that would be 85% of people who try to be vegan fail? Or 85% of vegan fail?
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 13139
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 759 times
Received rep: 540 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5369 by mayoradamwest » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:37 pm

Slick Nick wrote:I saw a bunch of studies suggesting vegans/vegenterians eat meat all the time when no one is looking... basically virtue signaling with food but something like 85% admit cheating regularly and then after a couple of months they give up and start eating like normal humenses again.



fact checK:
claim:
40% (when drunk) in the UK https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/drunk-ve ... -1.3288678

aaaaaaaaaaaaand..

Debunked.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drunk ... -eat-meat/
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5370 by Craig » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:37 pm

You saw a bunch of studies? Feels like one is plenty for that. Gotta be more useful stuff to study.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 23509
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 925 times
Received rep: 1516 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5371 by Mufasa » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:14 pm

In my experience, the anti vegan sentiment is way more aggressive than the vegans. I wouldn't be surprised if the anti-vegan sentiment was brewed in a pr firms working for the animal product industries.
User avatar
Boring Choice #2
Posts: 9244
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 1979 6:06 am
Has given rep: 1203 times
Received rep: 1083 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5372 by Boring Choice #2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:43 pm

I guess we can see that Mumu works for Big Vegetable.
User avatar
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Posts: 18763
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 1225 times
Received rep: 1545 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5373 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:35 pm

It was well established this summer that HockeyBroads.com is a Beef House for Beef Boys.

god damn brewery
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5374 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:35 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:I saw a bunch of studies suggesting vegans/vegenterians eat meat all the time when no one is looking... basically virtue signaling with food but something like 85% admit cheating regularly and then after a couple of months they give up and start eating like normal humenses again.



fact checK:
claim:
40% (when drunk) in the UK https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/drunk-ve ... -1.3288678

aaaaaaaaaaaaand..

Debunked.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drunk ... -eat-meat/



Take a 2002 Times/CNN poll on the eating habits of 10,000 Americans. Six percent of the individuals surveyed said they considered themselves vegetarian. But when asked by the pollsters what they had eaten in the last 24 hours, 60% of the self-described "vegetarians" admitted that that had consumed red meat, poultry or fish the previous day. In another survey, the United States Department of Agriculture randomly telephoned 13,313 Americans. Three percent of the respondents answered yes to the question, "Do you consider yourself to be a vegetarian?" A week later the researchers called the participants again and this time asked what they had eaten the day before. The results were even more dramatic than the Times/CNN survey: this time 66% of the "vegetarians" had eaten animal flesh in the last 24 hours.


https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog ... egetarians

I've seen a twitter thread a couple of months ago with like 6 different published papers claiming roughly the same.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5375 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Mufasa wrote:In my experience, the anti vegan sentiment is way more aggressive than the vegans. I wouldn't be surprised if the anti-vegan sentiment was brewed in a pr firms working for the animal product industries.


I don't care about what you eat, but please don't starve your child or attack restaurant owners who serve meat. In fact, I'm not a big meat eater myself.. and I'm very happy to have a vegan option on the menu. A good hummus wrap is the titts.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5376 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:41 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:I saw a bunch of studies suggesting vegans/vegenterians eat meat all the time when no one is looking... basically virtue signaling with food but something like 85% admit cheating regularly and then after a couple of months they give up and start eating like normal humenses again.


So that would be 85% of people who try to be vegan fail? Or 85% of vegan fail?


85% of those who identifty as vegans.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 13139
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 759 times
Received rep: 540 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5377 by mayoradamwest » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:42 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:I saw a bunch of studies suggesting vegans/vegenterians eat meat all the time when no one is looking... basically virtue signaling with food but something like 85% admit cheating regularly and then after a couple of months they give up and start eating like normal humenses again.



fact checK:
claim:
40% (when drunk) in the UK https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/drunk-ve ... -1.3288678

aaaaaaaaaaaaand..

Debunked.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drunk ... -eat-meat/



Take a 2002 Times/CNN poll on the eating habits of 10,000 Americans. Six percent of the individuals surveyed said they considered themselves vegetarian. But when asked by the pollsters what they had eaten in the last 24 hours, 60% of the self-described "vegetarians" admitted that that had consumed red meat, poultry or fish the previous day. In another survey, the United States Department of Agriculture randomly telephoned 13,313 Americans. Three percent of the respondents answered yes to the question, "Do you consider yourself to be a vegetarian?" A week later the researchers called the participants again and this time asked what they had eaten the day before. The results were even more dramatic than the Times/CNN survey: this time 66% of the "vegetarians" had eaten animal flesh in the last 24 hours.


https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog ... egetarians

I've seen a twitter thread a couple of months ago with like 6 different published papers claiming roughly the same.


You found an older, and more vague study.

I have no stock in this. But, you're phenomenally wrong. If that's what you enjoy - kudos. At least you're happy.
User avatar
mcphee
Registered Broad
Posts: 14145
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:27 am
Has given rep: 224 times
Received rep: 683 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5378 by mcphee » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:43 pm

K went vegetarian 7 or 8 years ago. Never asked for anything different nor suggested to someone else what they should eat.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5379 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:43 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:

fact checK:
claim:
40% (when drunk) in the UK https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/drunk-ve ... -1.3288678

aaaaaaaaaaaaand..

Debunked.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drunk ... -eat-meat/



Take a 2002 Times/CNN poll on the eating habits of 10,000 Americans. Six percent of the individuals surveyed said they considered themselves vegetarian. But when asked by the pollsters what they had eaten in the last 24 hours, 60% of the self-described "vegetarians" admitted that that had consumed red meat, poultry or fish the previous day. In another survey, the United States Department of Agriculture randomly telephoned 13,313 Americans. Three percent of the respondents answered yes to the question, "Do you consider yourself to be a vegetarian?" A week later the researchers called the participants again and this time asked what they had eaten the day before. The results were even more dramatic than the Times/CNN survey: this time 66% of the "vegetarians" had eaten animal flesh in the last 24 hours.


https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog ... egetarians

I've seen a twitter thread a couple of months ago with like 6 different published papers claiming roughly the same.


You found an older, and more vague study.

I have no stock in this. But, you're phenomenally wrong. If that's what you enjoy - kudos. At least you're happy.


cope.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 13139
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 759 times
Received rep: 540 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5380 by mayoradamwest » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:44 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
cope.


muscle relaxants doing the trick.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5381 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:49 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
cope.


muscle relaxants doing the trick.


They're called bezos and you're basically drinking in forms of pills. Don't abuse.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 13139
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 759 times
Received rep: 540 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5382 by mayoradamwest » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
cope.


muscle relaxants doing the trick.


They're called bezos and you're basically drinking in forms of pills. Don't abuse.


hugs.
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5383 by Craig » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:56 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:I saw a bunch of studies suggesting vegans/vegenterians eat meat all the time when no one is looking... basically virtue signaling with food but something like 85% admit cheating regularly and then after a couple of months they give up and start eating like normal humenses again.



fact checK:
claim:
40% (when drunk) in the UK https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/drunk-ve ... -1.3288678

aaaaaaaaaaaaand..

Debunked.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drunk ... -eat-meat/



Take a 2002 Times/CNN poll on the eating habits of 10,000 Americans. Six percent of the individuals surveyed said they considered themselves vegetarian. But when asked by the pollsters what they had eaten in the last 24 hours, 60% of the self-described "vegetarians" admitted that that had consumed red meat, poultry or fish the previous day. In another survey, the United States Department of Agriculture randomly telephoned 13,313 Americans. Three percent of the respondents answered yes to the question, "Do you consider yourself to be a vegetarian?" A week later the researchers called the participants again and this time asked what they had eaten the day before. The results were even more dramatic than the Times/CNN survey: this time 66% of the "vegetarians" had eaten animal flesh in the last 24 hours.


https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog ... egetarians

I've seen a twitter thread a couple of months ago with like 6 different published papers claiming roughly the same.


Goal posts moved from "a bunch" to "two and something on Twitter", "85%" to "60%" and "vegan" to "vegetarian" and "give up after a few months" to "<nothing>"? Laaaaame.


Those old studies are probably catching mostly pescetarians who just describe themselves as vegetarians because the term pescetarian isn't well known. I was actually super surprised to find out how many pescetarians I ran into back when I was a vegetarian and all my friends felt the need to introduce me to every other vegetarian they knew for some reason.
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5384 by Craig » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:56 pm

Also, can I please have a drinking pill? That sounds convenient for camping.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5385 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 am

Craig wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:

fact checK:
claim:
40% (when drunk) in the UK https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/drunk-ve ... -1.3288678

aaaaaaaaaaaaand..

Debunked.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drunk ... -eat-meat/



Take a 2002 Times/CNN poll on the eating habits of 10,000 Americans. Six percent of the individuals surveyed said they considered themselves vegetarian. But when asked by the pollsters what they had eaten in the last 24 hours, 60% of the self-described "vegetarians" admitted that that had consumed red meat, poultry or fish the previous day. In another survey, the United States Department of Agriculture randomly telephoned 13,313 Americans. Three percent of the respondents answered yes to the question, "Do you consider yourself to be a vegetarian?" A week later the researchers called the participants again and this time asked what they had eaten the day before. The results were even more dramatic than the Times/CNN survey: this time 66% of the "vegetarians" had eaten animal flesh in the last 24 hours.


https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog ... egetarians

I've seen a twitter thread a couple of months ago with like 6 different published papers claiming roughly the same.


Goal posts moved from "a bunch" to "two and something on Twitter", "85%" to "60%" and "vegan" to "vegetarian" and "give up after a few months" to "<nothing>"? Laaaaame.


Those old studies are probably catching mostly pescetarians who just describe themselves as vegetarians because the term pescetarian isn't well known. I was actually super surprised to find out how many pescetarians I ran into back when I was a vegetarian and all my friends felt the need to introduce me to every other vegetarian they knew for some reason.


66% is in the last 24 hours. Imagine if it was in the last 7 days.
I said vegan/vegentarian in my first post.
Sorry for not remembering the exact percentage of the studies I saw many months ago.

Why do you feel attacked? Is it because your religion prescribes some dietry restrictions along with the unscientific dogmas you follow while performring ritual autodafés.. :trump:
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5386 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:58 am

Craig wrote:Also, can I please have a drinking pill? That sounds convenient for camping.


You probably have some... Xanax (fun), Clonazepam (semi-fun), Ativan (borring), Serax(borring), Valium (never tried).. z drugs: Zopicolne, Zolpidem, etc. prescribed as sleep aids are also benzos all though often not presented as such. They all work on your GABA receptors just like alcohol.. this is where you get your anxiolitic and muscle relaxation feelings from.

You can quadruple your fun by drinking alcohol with them... though it could cause your respiratory system to fail.

Really addictive... took me weeks to ween off the minimal dose of clonazepam... and it was hell.

Stay safe MAW.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 23509
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 925 times
Received rep: 1516 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5387 by Mufasa » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:04 am

Pills seems like the new SIDA. Lots of people are dying and no one wants to admit they have one in their family.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5388 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 am

Retardé S wrote:Nick, I promise I'm writing a song of praise and adoration to the lord once you get by.


ok?
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5389 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:31 am

Mufasa wrote:Pills seems like the new SIDA. Lots of people are dying and no one wants to admit they have one in their family.


Not the politically correct deaths to care for..
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5390 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:18 am

You don't think people care about prescription drug deaths? It's in the news a lot. It even has it's own buzz term. Opioid crisis!
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5391 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:21 am

Slick Nick wrote:
Craig wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:



https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog ... egetarians

I've seen a twitter thread a couple of months ago with like 6 different published papers claiming roughly the same.


Goal posts moved from "a bunch" to "two and something on Twitter", "85%" to "60%" and "vegan" to "vegetarian" and "give up after a few months" to "<nothing>"? Laaaaame.


Those old studies are probably catching mostly pescetarians who just describe themselves as vegetarians because the term pescetarian isn't well known. I was actually super surprised to find out how many pescetarians I ran into back when I was a vegetarian and all my friends felt the need to introduce me to every other vegetarian they knew for some reason.


66% is in the last 24 hours. Imagine if it was in the last 7 days.
I said vegan/vegentarian in my first post.
Sorry for not remembering the exact percentage of the studies I saw many months ago.

Why do you feel attacked? Is it because your religion prescribes some dietry restrictions along with the unscientific dogmas you follow while performring ritual autodafés.. :trump:


I don't feel attacked, I just think you've got strange ideas based on bad information about vegetarians. Why do you think I feel attacked? Religion? Huh?
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5392 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:41 am

Craig wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
Craig wrote:
Goal posts moved from "a bunch" to "two and something on Twitter", "85%" to "60%" and "vegan" to "vegetarian" and "give up after a few months" to "<nothing>"? Laaaaame.


Those old studies are probably catching mostly pescetarians who just describe themselves as vegetarians because the term pescetarian isn't well known. I was actually super surprised to find out how many pescetarians I ran into back when I was a vegetarian and all my friends felt the need to introduce me to every other vegetarian they knew for some reason.


66% is in the last 24 hours. Imagine if it was in the last 7 days.
I said vegan/vegentarian in my first post.
Sorry for not remembering the exact percentage of the studies I saw many months ago.

Why do you feel attacked? Is it because your religion prescribes some dietry restrictions along with the unscientific dogmas you follow while performring ritual autodafés.. :trump:


I don't feel attacked, I just think you've got strange ideas based on bad information about vegetarians. Why do you think I feel attacked? Religion? Huh?


How do you come up to the conclusion that my info is bad while yours is right? Like you did juxtapose your info with mine or something?
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5393 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:17 am

Slick Nick wrote:
Craig wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
66% is in the last 24 hours. Imagine if it was in the last 7 days.
I said vegan/vegentarian in my first post.
Sorry for not remembering the exact percentage of the studies I saw many months ago.

Why do you feel attacked? Is it because your religion prescribes some dietry restrictions along with the unscientific dogmas you follow while performring ritual autodafés.. :trump:


I don't feel attacked, I just think you've got strange ideas based on bad information about vegetarians. Why do you think I feel attacked? Religion? Huh?


How do you come up to the conclusion that my info is bad while yours is right? Like you did juxtapose your info with mine or something?


Because the first thing you said was wrong in pretty much every way. The percentage was wrong, the number of studies was wrong, the fact that they were actual studies was wrong (polls are different) and the conclusion that the vegetarians who sometimes rear heat are virus signaling and go back to normal after 3 months was sorta just dropped but is also gonna end up being wrong. I don't even have info to be right or wrong, I'm using your info against your claims.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 10208
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5394 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 am

Craig wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
Craig wrote:
I don't feel attacked, I just think you've got strange ideas based on bad information about vegetarians. Why do you think I feel attacked? Religion? Huh?


How do you come up to the conclusion that my info is bad while yours is right? Like you did juxtapose your info with mine or something?


Because the first thing you said was wrong in pretty much every way. The percentage was wrong, the number of studies was wrong, the fact that they were actual studies was wrong (polls are different) and the conclusion that the vegetarians who sometimes rear heat are virus signaling and go back to normal after 3 months was sorta just dropped but is also gonna end up being wrong. I don't even have info to be right or wrong, I'm using your info against your claims.


You want me to drop a citation everytime I say something? And like if the percentage is 12 points lower, you think my initial claim is invalidated? ANd what the fuck are you doing posting at Slique after hours? I've had an ex over and I'm trying to process my life with alcohol.. what is your reason?
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5395 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:47 am

I have a kid.

You don't have to make specific claims, I don't care if you go down to 60%, the core of the claim "vegetarians are virtue-signaling posers" is unsubstantiated. I'm giving you a hard time on the rest because you claimed to have 5 backing studies. If you say you've got 5 studies you should probably drop a citation, yeah.

I actually found the probable source of your 85% number, and it's not entirely rubbish.

https://faunalytics.org/study-of-curren ... nd-vegans/

I have a couple of problems with their methodology. They're absolute about what a vegetarian is. If you slip at all, you no longer count as vegetarian. Half of the respondents who said they are or used to be vegetarian also said when they were they ate a little meat of some sort, I suspect that's mostly fish but it doesn't say, and they got excluded. It's actually kinda good they got excluded instead of counting as "former" vegetarians, but the trouble is they don't have a way to handle a vegetarian who transitions from pure to impure. Like if you're a vegetarian for health or taste reasons (58 and 31% of former vegetarians respectively) you might just decide it's fine to eat shrimp or something because it's tasty and lean. You'd still identify as vegetarian, but you'd count as lapsed in the study.

On the flip side, they're absolute but don't count people who report vegetarian diets without self labeling themselves as vegetarian, which is almost as many people as those who do.

More importantly for the virtue signaling posers thing, the study doesn't back that at all. A third of those who gave up lasted less than 3 months, about half lasted more than a year. The third under 3 months thing is probably misleading too, because there are lots of people who adopt it short term on purpose, as a diet or a cleanse for example, which wasn't tracked by the study. 58% of former vegetarians didn't identify as a vegetarian, so they probably weren't rubbing your nose in it.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 13139
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 759 times
Received rep: 540 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5396 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:17 am

Slick Nick wrote:
Craig wrote:Also, can I please have a drinking pill? That sounds convenient for camping.


You probably have some... Xanax (fun), Clonazepam (semi-fun), Ativan (borring), Serax(borring), Valium (never tried).. z drugs: Zopicolne, Zolpidem, etc. prescribed as sleep aids are also benzos all though often not presented as such. They all work on your GABA receptors just like alcohol.. this is where you get your anxiolitic and muscle relaxation feelings from.

You can quadruple your fun by drinking alcohol with them... though it could cause your respiratory system to fail.

Really addictive... took me weeks to ween off the minimal dose of clonazepam... and it was hell.

Stay safe MAW.


The only one I ever had a problem with was tramadol. Smoking an absolute ton of weed helps as well. Thanks for the concern, also don’t mix alcohol and pills.
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5397 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:33 am

I haven't taken prescription medication in like 15 years. I'm developing FOMO because it sounds like fun. Maybe I can get a prescription to deal with the FOMO?
User avatar
Boring Choice #2
Posts: 9244
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 1979 6:06 am
Has given rep: 1203 times
Received rep: 1083 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5398 by Boring Choice #2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:49 am

why do we care if a vegan or vegetarian slips and has meat every once in awhile? why do we care what other people eat at all?
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 22356
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Guelph
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5399 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:57 am

Well, the group that put together the study does research for pro-vegetarian/vegan groups. I suppose the "meat is murder" crowd care a little because they think it's murder.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 13139
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 759 times
Received rep: 540 times

Re: Habs Broads: To Be Deleted/Slique's quarantine

Post #5400 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:21 am

I’d be happy to put a small amount of meat in many of you. :)

Return to “The Beautiful Mens and the Whore From Smolensk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest