Regular Season General Hockey Shit

And some artists..
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Re: Season General Hockey Shit

Post #2951 by Mufasa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Moving Hanzal for Plek would be a smart move, but still i'd like Plek to win a cup in Montreal.
Retarder S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 404 times
Received rep: 331 times

Post #2952 by Retarder S » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:01 pm

I honestly don't care about that. For me it'd be nice for Markov to raise the cup. The rest of the team can fuck right off and represent the jersey.
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 202 times

Post #2953 by mcphee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:07 am

Retarder S wrote:
mcphee wrote:
Artie wrote:Chris Terry placed on waivers today

I was talking to Ken about what players they might target, whether it be Hanzal, Iginla, Doan, whoever. My thinking is that they need either a C or lw, but the player needs to have 1 attribute that's high level. He can pure a pure shooter like a Moulson, a big pivot like Hanzal, all around vet type, but have 1 skill that they lack. Poor Terry, he shots well enough but not like an NHL sniper, skates ok, but he's no Byron. He just doesn't have 1 thing that makes him an NHL'er. Carolina must've had nothing the last few years.

We need to get bigger, get a guy who can play heavy down low, help sustain pressure and score some goals. That would help greatly in the playoffs. I can see us landing Hanzal, but what do we do with Plekanec? A lot of people will say that Plekanec has more points, but from what I'm seeing from him this year, the emergence of Danault and what he's given us in the playoffs historically, I don't think he's part of the recipe.

Plekanec to me as always been a pure systems player. Give him a formula, whether it's a passive trap that they would play back in the red line days, or whatever structure subsequent teams would use, and he'd excel within it. He never seemed to be able to do much outside of it though.
I know he doesn't really show an alarming drop off in the post season , I've made the same point, but sometimes you have to just generate offense through will once all the coaching cancels out. You'd see the same pattern in Czech games in WC's, early on he'd show well with Jagr then as the tournament wore on he'd fade a bit.

I'm old fashioned in that I think a C has to eventually drive the line. When Mtl lost to TB you could just see that they couldn't generate chances from the C position. I'm kind of cautiously optimistic with Danault, he seems to play his game, hard working , grinding, tenacious and doesn't change to try and play his winger's games. I hope he can be a guy who gets 45 points or so, and I'm feeling better about their C depth than I did a month ago.

But I'd like Hanzal, he could wear out some guys, all based on assumptions though. In my mind Hanzal is just this decade's Handzus.
AD
Has given rep: 322 times
Received rep: 394 times

Post #2954 by AD » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:38 am

Just based on phonetics?
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 311 times
Received rep: 169 times

Post #2955 by TittiesNBeer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:34 am

Plekanec's offensive game has declined, whether its a year long slump or a new normal, its happened. Hanzal brings more offense at this point, while being as good defensively. I think he would be an upgrade.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #2956 by mcphee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:23 pm

A. Boom Boom Al Thawaher wrote:Just based on phonetics?

Probably. My mind isn't active enough to observe and categorize. Thankfully the fall hasn't been too steep.
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 313 times
Received rep: 248 times

Post #2957 by Macbeth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:24 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:Plekanec's offensive game has declined, whether its a year long slump or a new normal, its happened. Hanzal brings more offense at this point, while being as good defensively. I think he would be an upgrade.

He posted the same fucking numbers three years ago.

He's regressed, clearly, but let's not act like he can't bounce back to 50-point form.

I think we could all live with a 40-point Plekanec, but for the longest time this year it was looking like he'd end up with about or less than 20, and that is unacceptable in any case.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #2958 by Mufasa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Retarder S wrote:
mcphee wrote:
Artie wrote:Chris Terry placed on waivers today

I was talking to Ken about what players they might target, whether it be Hanzal, Iginla, Doan, whoever. My thinking is that they need either a C or lw, but the player needs to have 1 attribute that's high level. He can pure a pure shooter like a Moulson, a big pivot like Hanzal, all around vet type, but have 1 skill that they lack. Poor Terry, he shots well enough but not like an NHL sniper, skates ok, but he's no Byron. He just doesn't have 1 thing that makes him an NHL'er. Carolina must've had nothing the last few years.

We need to get bigger, get a guy who can play heavy down low, help sustain pressure and score some goals. That would help greatly in the playoffs. I can see us landing Hanzal, but what do we do with Plekanec? A lot of people will say that Plekanec has more points, but from what I'm seeing from him this year, the emergence of Danault and what he's given us in the playoffs historically, I don't think he's part of the recipe.

They just called up Jake the snake, maybe they see eye to eye with you.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #2959 by TittiesNBeer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Macbeth wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:Plekanec's offensive game has declined, whether its a year long slump or a new normal, its happened. Hanzal brings more offense at this point, while being as good defensively. I think he would be an upgrade.

He's regressed, clearly, but let's not act like he can't bounce back to 50-point form.

I think we could all live with a 40-point Plekanec, but for the longest time this year it was looking like he'd end up with about or less than 20, and that is unacceptable in any case.

If Pleks is a 0.5 PPG player now... Hanzal is better offensively.

Yes he could bounce back, but does that happen this year, or is something that we won't see til next season? Thats why I ask, is it a year long slump (and he's had these before... 08-09 and 13-14) or is it the new normal (he isn't getting younger). I can't answer that. But I don't expect his 55 point form this season.

Hanzal can provide more offense (Assuming he's healthy which is always his issue). He scores more on a PPG basis, but his totals are lower due to rarely staying healthy for 82 games.
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 23 times
Received rep: 186 times

Post #2960 by Craig » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Hanzal is the dude with 15 points in 36 games this year, right?
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #2961 by Macbeth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:01 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

Yes he could bounce back, but does that happen this year, or is something that we won't see til next season? Thats why I ask, is it a year long slump (and he's had these before... 08-09 and 13-14) or is it the new normal (he isn't getting younger). I can't answer that. But I don't expect his 55 point form this season.

Hanzal can provide more offense (Assuming he's healthy which is always his issue). He scores more on a PPG basis, but his totals are lower due to rarely staying healthy for 82 games.

Who cares about PPG if the guy is going to miss on average 20 games a year ?

He's still posting less numbers than Plekanec on an off-year.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Re: RE: Re: Season General Hockey Shit

Post #2962 by TittiesNBeer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Macbeth wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:
Macbeth wrote:He posted the same fucking numbers three years ago.

I care about PPG numbers cause its about what these guys are going to be able to do in a 20-25 game sample in the playoffs.

Who is the best bet to produce in the playoffs.

The answer depends if you think hanzal can be healthy in the playoffs. If you are willing to bet on him staying healthy for that stretch he is better. If you arent willing to bet on him staying healthy then its pleks.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #2963 by mcphee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Macbeth wrote:

My friend Bob is a critical sort but he's really good at breaking down the play as he sees it. I was talking to him over the holidays, and I asked him if he thought Tommy was done. He said, 'well at least the way he plays now, you know he won't get hurt'. I think he nailed it. The team kept rolling through injury trouble because a lot of guys just burrowed into the crease and scrambled around and chipped in. Flynn,Danault, a bunch of them. Tommy is venturing into those areas lately, but not like the other guys. I remember hearing Steve Shutt talk about how offense declines, and that's part of it, you lose the taste for playing in the areas where the contact is heaviest.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #2964 by mcphee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Retarder S wrote:
mcphee wrote:I was talking to Ken about what players they might target, whether it be Hanzal, Iginla, Doan, whoever. My thinking is that they need either a C or lw, but the player needs to have 1 attribute that's high level. He can pure a pure shooter like a Moulson, a big pivot like Hanzal, all around vet type, but have 1 skill that they lack. Poor Terry, he shots well enough but not like an NHL sniper, skates ok, but he's no Byron. He just doesn't have 1 thing that makes him an NHL'er. Carolina must've had nothing the last few years.

Hmmm. Whenever I hear talk of players being showcased I figure it to be bullshit. In this case I wonder. Because he doesn't score, I'd forgotten about him as a trading chip. Or, the team has been defensively sloppy lately, incl. Mike Mike, so maybe they want to trust the bottom lines more ?
Retarder S
Registered Broad

Post #2965 by Retarder S » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Retarder S wrote:
mcphee wrote:I was talking to Ken about what players they might target, whether it be Hanzal, Iginla, Doan, whoever. My thinking is that they need either a C or lw, but the player needs to have 1 attribute that's high level. He can pure a pure shooter like a Moulson, a big pivot like Hanzal, all around vet type, but have 1 skill that they lack. Poor Terry, he shots well enough but not like an NHL sniper, skates ok, but he's no Byron. He just doesn't have 1 thing that makes him an NHL'er. Carolina must've had nothing the last few years.

:hellyeah:

So what happens with Mike Mike?
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #2966 by mcphee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:20 pm

Mike Mike has had 2 or 3 tough games. I have the impression GPK might be playing through something. I could be wrong but his icetime seems sporadic.
Retarder S
Registered Broad

Post #2967 by Retarder S » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:40 pm

mcphee wrote:Mike Mike has had 2 or 3 tough games. I have the impression GPK might be playing through something. I could be wrong but his icetime seems sporadic.

Yeah seems like he's trailing off a bit. Maybe Flynn got injured last game.

Maybe they discovered Shaw has mental issues.
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #2968 by Macbeth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:42 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:

I care about PPG numbers cause its about what these guys are going to be able to do in a 20-25 game sample in the playoffs.

Who is the best bet to produce in the playoffs.

The answer depends if you think hanzal can be healthy in the playoffs. If you are willing to bet on him staying healthy for that stretch he is better. If you arent willing to bet on him staying healthy then its pleks.

They have identical playoff numbers.

I would rather not bet on a guy that is sure to miss 20 games in a season.

I'll roll with Plekanec for now.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #2969 by TittiesNBeer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:43 pm

mcphee wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Retarder S wrote:

Hmmm. Whenever I hear talk of players being showcased I figure it to be bullshit. In this case I wonder. Because he doesn't score, I'd forgotten about him as a trading chip. Or, the team has been defensively sloppy lately, incl. Mike Mike, so maybe they want to trust the bottom lines more ?

He does have 10 points in his last 14 AHL games.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #2970 by TittiesNBeer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:44 pm

mcphee wrote:Mike Mike has had 2 or 3 tough games. I have the impression GPK might be playing through something. I could be wrong but his icetime seems sporadic.

Lines at Practice today had Carr taking Mike Mike's place, and Mike skating as though he'd be the scratch tomorrow.

Whether that means Carr gets in or JDLR gets in, i don't know as JDLR hadn't arrived yet.
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 346 times
Received rep: 413 times

Post #2971 by edgar_dong » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Shaw did what any rational man would: clock an unsuspecting faggot in the jaw.

The boys killed the penalty and won the game for The Shawstopper. Image
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #2972 by Macbeth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:51 pm

Retarder S wrote:

Yeah seems like he's trailing off a bit. Maybe Flynn got injured last game.

Maybe they discovered Shaw has mental issues.

Discovered ?

mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #2973 by mcphee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:37 pm

For a generation we've lacked a real nutjob who can play. Now we have one and the media and purist fans, just can't condone that behavior.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #2974 by Mufasa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Shaw is a great mens.
Artie
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 142 times
Received rep: 212 times

Post #2975 by Artie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Hanzal is this years Vanek...you think you want him cause he'll help

but we all know he'll die once he leaves the role of BTS
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #2976 by Artie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:56 pm

mcphee wrote:For a generation we've lacked a real nutjob who can play. Now we have one and the media and purist fans, just can't condone that behavior.

I had that argument today with someone...

Fuck are we an ornery bunch when Price is not playing at a godly level

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #2977 by Artie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:57 pm

and what the fuck do you mean...you think GPK may be playing thru something. You can\t ask????

Not
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 70 times

Post #2978 by Not » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:58 pm

Unless you can move Pleks don't see any reason to acquire Hanzal.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #2979 by Artie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Not wrote:Unless you can move Pleks don't see any reason to acquire Hanzal.

if we keep both...do we need a gingerbread house

mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #2980 by mcphee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:12 pm

Artie wrote:and what the fuck do you mean...you think GPK may be playing thru something. You can\t ask????

I kind of did, didn't really get an answer.

Which in itself is an answer
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #2981 by Artie » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:28 am

mcphee wrote:
Artie wrote:and what the fuck do you mean...you think GPK may be playing thru something. You can\t ask????

I kind of did, didn't really get an answer.

Which in itself is an answer

fucking Ken

Retarder S
Registered Broad

Post #2982 by Retarder S » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:11 pm

So now that the media is finally picking up on what Mu told us months ago, what do you guys think about RNH?
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #2983 by Artie » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:34 pm

i have no befanas on RNH

edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 346 times
Received rep: 413 times

Post #2984 by edgar_dong » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:46 am

I think he's a dusty old plug and it would make me sick to see him wearing the jersey. :colbert:
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #2985 by mcphee » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:00 am

Retarder S wrote:So now that the media is finally picking up on what Mu told us months ago, what do you guys think about RNH?

When I watch portions of Edm games, I never notice him.
AD
Has given rep: 322 times
Received rep: 394 times

Post #2986 by AD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:42 am

And this is the most impory thing.. he's hideous. Lanky. No facial harmony. Suspect smile.

It would throw the esthetics of the team right out..
Not
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 70 times

Post #2987 by Not » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:18 pm

A. Boom Boom Al Thawaher wrote:And this is the most impory thing.. he's hideous. Lanky. No facial harmony. Suspect smile.

I though you would love him - he looks like he's 12.
Retarder S
Registered Broad

Post #2988 by Retarder S » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Not wrote:
A. Boom Boom Al Thawaher wrote:And this is the most impory thing.. he's hideous. Lanky. No facial harmony. Suspect smile.

He likes them younger than that
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #2989 by Mufasa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Not wrote:

He wants the real thing, not a mockery.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #2990 by TittiesNBeer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:36 pm

He might look it but Rnh is not tight like a 12 year old.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #2991 by Mufasa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:56 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:He might look it but Rnh is not tight like a 12 year old.

Especially since Lucic is in the locker room.
Retarder S
Registered Broad

Post #2992 by Retarder S » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:02 pm

We're gonna have to send Andrighetto over, 'cause Lucic wont be too happy.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #2993 by Mufasa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Retarder S wrote:We're gonna have to send Andrighetto over, 'cause Lucic wont be too happy.

That's pretty much how Gettho will be greeted.

IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 29 times
Received rep: 63 times

Post #2994 by IcE ColD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Mufasa wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:He might look it but Rnh is not tight like a 12 year old.

Especially since Lucic is in the locker room.

Y doit être rendu slaque comme une péripatéticienne de 55 ans su'a Main
Society is actually a bunch of flawed primates guided by selfishness, fear, and superstitious bullshit.

David Wong - 19/12/2016
Retarder S
Registered Broad

Post #2995 by Retarder S » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:49 pm

So Claude Julien is probably getting fired.

Just imagine...
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #2996 by TittiesNBeer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Retarder S wrote:So Claude Julien is probably getting fired.

Just imagine...

For what... his team is playing pretty well imo.

Oh well fuck it. Give them a coach to screw up their system and we rehire claude
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 87 times

Post #2997 by PPJ » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:25 am

So Markov is no longer skating and is listed as week to week.
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #2998 by Macbeth » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:49 am

PPJ wrote:So Markov is no longer skating and is listed as week to week.

mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #2999 by mcphee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:13 am

Boston's business is being played out quite publically ain't it ? Kind of looks horseshit in terms of the organization.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 29 times
Received rep: 63 times

Post #3000 by IcE ColD » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:39 am

mcphee wrote:Boston's business is being played out quite publically ain't it ? Kind of looks horseshit in terms of the organization.

Nothing to be surprised about when we know Neely is running it.
Society is actually a bunch of flawed primates guided by selfishness, fear, and superstitious bullshit.

David Wong - 19/12/2016

Return to “Vibrant, Whimsical, Light-hearted, Vicious, Sneaky, Nasty Middle-Aged White Mens”