Les Deux Solitudes: The WTK Experience

And some artists..
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 278 times
Received rep: 459 times

Re: Les Deux Solitudes: The WTK Experience

Post #351 by Twitter bArt » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:52 pm

I'm thinking of buying all those guys Pokemon GO's for Christmas.
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 573 times
Received rep: 959 times

Post #352 by Mufasa » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:20 pm

English media are taking their cues from bordez these days.
AD
Has given rep: 741 times
Received rep: 864 times

Post #353 by AD » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:49 pm

Jeremy Filosa is not Anglo but is a mongo.
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 546 times
Received rep: 748 times

Post #354 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Bring back Jock Martin. Image
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 176 times
Received rep: 436 times

Post #355 by mcphee » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Mufasa wrote:English media are taking their cues from bordez these days.

It's truly bizarre at the moment. You have some guy at the Gazette named Brendan Kelly wondering if fans should attend the opener in silence as a protest to 23 years of futility. You have guys like Cowen taking personal shots at the GM, making Herb Tarlick references. 690 hosts like McKenna framing questions to guests to get the desired answers. Childish shit every day.

Not might be right in that it seems like a group of media feel that by trading the guy, the Anglo community within the city has been attacked. I'm not getting it right but it's something in that direction. People are pissed because their favorite left so they're dragging up unrelated shit to be mad at.

I wonder how many of the players are really 'city' guys ? Guys who live in town, get groceries in town, hang out in downtown restaurants and bars ? Subban was a city guy, was sure to be seen, but are here many others ? I believe Pleks is in town, obviously Galchenyuk, but I wonder if there just aren't many. Most of the call ups end up on the south shore.
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1937 times
Received rep: 1296 times

Post #356 by Dog » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:47 pm

Gentlemen, all news is horrible, but sports news is by far the worst. Accept it, move on, ignore it.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #357 by mcphee » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:01 pm

Dog wrote:Gentlemen, all news is horrible, but sports news is by far the worst. Accept, move on, ignore it.

so do we hug now ? That would feel kind of awkward.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #358 by Dog » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:04 pm

Why would you feel awkward hugging me?
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #359 by Dog » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:07 pm

Is it because you heard the japanese are intimidated by me?
Not
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 242 times
Received rep: 157 times

Post #360 by Not » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:50 pm

mcphee wrote:

It's truly bizarre at the moment. You have some guy at the Gazette named Brendan Kelly wondering if fans should attend the opener in silence as a protest to 23 years of futility. You have guys like Cowen taking personal shots at the GM, making Herb Tarlick references. 690 hosts like McKenna framing questions to guests to get the desired answers. Childish shit every day.

Not might be right in that it seems like a group of media feel that by trading the guy, the Anglo community within the city has been attacked. I'm not getting it right but it's something in that direction. People are pissed because their favorite left so they're dragging up unrelated shit to be mad at.

Basically Anglo's think Subban was traded because of a choice between Therrien and Subban and the GM chose the coach. And since the only reason Therrien is coaching in the NHL is because he's french - it brings up all the ugliness of the language debate and the Anglo community's misplaced persecution complex.

What a fucking shitshow
jnthomas
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 101 times
Received rep: 6 times

Post #361 by jnthomas » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Not wrote:
mcphee wrote:

Basically Anglo's think Subban was traded because of a choice between Therrien and Subban and the GM chose the coach. And since the only reason Therrien is coaching in the NHL is because he's french - it brings up all the ugliness of the language debate and the Anglo community's misplaced persecution complex.

What a fucking shitshow

I think it's more than that. More like the last two decades of failure of the team coupled with a few questionable trades is being blamed on management not being as good as it could be because the pool of candidates is smaller.

Now you can claim that it originates from their persecution complex and you might be right, doesn't mean the conclusion is wrong.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #362 by Dog » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Margolys is getting us a cup, ladies. Calm down.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #363 by Twitter bArt » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:08 am

Not wrote:
mcphee wrote:

What a fucking shitshow

This basically started when certain members of the media felt that MB and MT would not pander to them. 690 constantly snipes that they can get any other NHL GM on their shows, but MB won't speak to them. Couple this with MB not towing the analytics company line and you have what we have here today...

The TSN'ers are fighting for their careered right now, Sportsnet is only relevant because of the money losing joke they have become. They need "dirty-laundry, Sunday papers" material.

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #364 by Mufasa » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:31 am

Artie wrote:
Not wrote:
mcphee wrote:

What a fucking shitshow

This basically started when certain members of the media felt that MB and MT would not pander to them. 690 constantly snipes that they can get any other NHL GM on their shows, but MB won't speak to them. Couple this with MB not towing the analytics company line and you have what we have here today...

The TSN'ers are fighting for their careered right now, Sportsnet is only relevant because of the money losing joke they have become. They need "dirty-laundry, Sunday papers" material.

Artie, ladies and gents!
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #365 by mcphee » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:39 am

I notice Elliot Price is doing something on 1280 AM nightly that now has something to do with a Toronto Sportsnet station ? How does this work ? Personality wise, some like him, some don't, but no one knows sports better than he does in Montreal.
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 80 times
Received rep: 139 times

Post #366 by PPJ » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:49 am

jnthomas wrote:
Not wrote:
mcphee wrote:

What a fucking shitshow

I think it's more than that. More like the last two decades of failure of the team coupled with a few questionable trades is being blamed on management not being as good as it could be because the pool of candidates is smaller.

Now you can claim that it originates from their persecution complex and you might be right, doesn't mean the conclusion is wrong.

I seem to recall the habs talking to Jim Nill about the GM position though. Didn't they also inquire about Hextall?
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #367 by Dog » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:18 pm

As I understand the rules, GM can be anglophone but the coach is part of the patrimoine national and must speak french.
PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #368 by PPJ » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Dryden, Robinson and Gainey all learned. Don't see the big deal. Just say right off the bat your taking lessons and they'll lay off. Believe it or not, getting a pro hockey gig in Montreal is a pretty good, well paying gig. Don't see how learning French to get such a gig is such a big deal.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 41 times
Received rep: 94 times

Post #369 by IcE ColD » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:29 pm

Habs should hire a coach that speaks exclusively russian.

Let the province implode.
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #370 by PPJ » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:33 pm

IcE ColD wrote:Habs should hire a coach that speaks exclusively russian.

Let the province implode.

I honestly believe the Franco's would like that more than an Anglo who refused to talk French.

The Anglos will be pissed until the day some racist WASP from buttfuck Alberta is hired.
AD

Post #371 by AD » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:09 pm

The only thing I hate more than the Francos that insist the coach speak French are the Anglos that insist that he doesn't need to.

:colbert:
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #372 by mcphee » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:18 pm

AD wrote:The only thing I hate more than the Francos that insist the coach speak French are the Anglos that insist that he doesn't need to.

and that is it in a fucking nutshell
Not
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 242 times
Received rep: 157 times

Post #373 by Not » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:36 pm

AD wrote:The only thing I hate more than the Francos that insist the coach speak French are the Anglos that insist that he doesn't need to.

Exactly :stare:
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #374 by mcphee » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Wouldn't it be great if they hired the hottest coaching candidate out there. Joe Schmo who had been a big deal in the NCAA, then the AHL, happened to be available when we were looking. Maybe the guy was born in Michigan. Our GM says that we always want to hire someone chez nous but this was an extraordinary opportunity, in our opinion, the best man for the job. We know this makes it more difficult to communicate in the language of a high % of our fan base, so we will find a way to accommodate. Maybe an asst. coach in post game pressers for questions the HC can't handle. Reasonable people can't object and if they do, it isn't the team's optic that becomes the story.

Do what's best for your business and try to respect all that comes with it as best you can but not at the expense of your business. If John Smith wants to yell about 'hire the best man regardless and fuck the rest' , let him yell in an empty room. I think the team probably feels this way, but it doesn't fit anyone's narrative.

Except maybe mine.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #375 by Dog » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:49 pm

I agree with nanners, not and phees.

:why:
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #376 by Dog » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:50 pm

I dislike franco nationalists and anglo nationalists the same.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #377 by mcphee » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Dog wrote:I agree with nanners, not and phees.

:why:

I love you man.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #378 by mcphee » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Dog wrote:I dislike franco nationalists and anglo nationalists the same.

Have those Greenfield Park councillors been in the news much ? Something about repeating some stuff in English when at borough meetings and people getting pissed at them ? I've seen some stories painting them as freedom fighters, some painting the borough as fascists, while I'm sure there are opposite stories. I closed access to a GPK f/b site because I didn't want to read the silly rhetoric anymore. Funny thing is, I know the 2 guys who get mentioned. Nice guys. Guys who if we were having a pint and they joined us, when they left you'd say, 'nice guys'. Not guys looking to be in a firestorm, not typical of anything, but the story is the story.
jnthomas
Registered Broad

Post #379 by jnthomas » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Dog wrote:As I understand the rules, GM can be anglophone but the coach is part of the patrimoine national and must speak french.

I'd have to find the quote but I remember Boivin at some point saying that the GM had to speak French too.

Evidence also seems to hint at the same thing, though that could just be luck based.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #380 by mcphee » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:06 pm

jnthomas wrote:
Dog wrote:As I understand the rules, GM can be anglophone but the coach is part of the patrimoine national and must speak french.

I'd have to find the quote but I remember Boivin at some point saying that the GM had to speak French too.

Evidence also seems to hint at the same thing, though that could just be luck based.

Keep in mind that the only rule is what they do today.
jnthomas
Registered Broad

Post #381 by jnthomas » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:14 pm

mcphee wrote:
jnthomas wrote:

I agree, nothing stops them to change it up eventually as long as they are willing. Thing is I'd bet following the cunty fallout it would take a pretty significant gap between a non-french coaching candidate and the French speaking candidates for them to do it.

Who knows if the Habs really stumble out of the gate with a healthy Price they might change coach and be forced to.

Obviously same stuff applies to GM.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #382 by Dog » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:22 pm

mcphee wrote:

Have those Greenfield Park councillors been in the news much ? Something about repeating some stuff in English when at borough meetings and people getting pissed at them ? I've seen some stories painting them as freedom fighters, some painting the borough as fascists, while I'm sure there are opposite stories. I closed access to a GPK f/b site because I didn't want to read the silly rhetoric anymore. Funny thing is, I know the 2 guys who get mentioned. Nice guys. Guys who if we were having a pint and they joined us, when they left you'd say, 'nice guys'. Not guys looking to be in a firestorm, not typical of anything, but the story is the story.

Reasonal looking people have weird opinions. Guy I know posted an incoherent tirade on fb today about "what those Charlie Hebdo fucks think about yesterday's events..they brought this on and so on and so forth. Like, really? You see that a crazy man killed near a hundred people with a truck and you go on fb to post incoherent crap about Charlie Hebdo?

I'm frightened by people's thoughts, mcphee. Like seriously, it seems alot of seemingly normal people hold the weirdest beliefs.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #383 by Mufasa » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:47 pm

I dislike nationalists, actually i'm the only nationalist i can stand.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad
Received rep: 322 times

Post #384 by TittiesNBeer » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Dog wrote:
mcphee wrote:

Reasonal looking people have weird opinions. Guy I know posted an incoherent tirade on fb today about "what those Charlie Hebdo fucks think about yesterday's events..they brought this on and so on and so forth. Like, really? You see that a crazy man killed near a hundred people with a truck and you go on fb to post incoherent crap about Charlie Hebdo?

I'm frightened by people's thoughts, mcphee. Like seriously, it seems alot of seemingly normal people hold the weirdest beliefs.

The only normal people are me and you dog. The rest are all holding weird beliefs.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #385 by mcphee » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Dog wrote:
mcphee wrote:

Good friend of mine, guy you may have met. not Ken, likes to think of himself as quite the liberal. Would anoint Bernie's feet if given the opportunity. All of this changes when any perceived threat to a comfortable suburban life appears then it's bomb the bastards until every last one of them is no more, whoever them might be. Anytime the olf is in the news, or any talk of separation, it's fuck you you fucking ass wipe, you and your dying language. Right there online for the world to see. For the most part I figure it's just fear that the tenuous grip we have on how we choose to live is just that or maybe it's just stupidity. Not how I was raised to talk though.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #386 by mcphee » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Mufasa wrote:I dislike nationalists, actually i'm the only nationalist i can stand.

You are by far my favorite nationalist.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #387 by mcphee » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:55 pm

jnthomas wrote:
mcphee wrote:
jnthomas wrote:

I agree, nothing stops them to change it up eventually as long as they are willing. Thing is I'd bet following the cunty fallout it would take a pretty significant gap between a non-french coaching candidate and the French speaking candidates for them to do it.

Who knows if the Habs really stumble out of the gate with a healthy Price they might change coach and be forced to.

Muller is such an obvious candidate, you really have to wonder what Therrien is thinking. He must be aware that a bad start and he doesn't get past Christmas, he knows what Bergevin has to do. You think he's paving the way for his own successor ? There's no way it hasn't occurred to im.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #388 by Mufasa » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:12 pm

Muller or not, Therrien knows it won't have an incident on him the day he gets canned.
jnthomas
Registered Broad

Post #389 by jnthomas » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:15 pm

mcphee wrote:
jnthomas wrote:
mcphee wrote:Keep in mind that the only rule is what they do today.

Muller is such an obvious candidate, you really have to wonder what Therrien is thinking. He must be aware that a bad start and he doesn't get past Christmas, he knows what Bergevin has to do. You think he's paving the way for his own successor ? There's no way it hasn't occurred to im.

Therrien has to hope that a better PP can save him.
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad

Post #390 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Fucking Québecers. :why:
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1095 times
Received rep: 1098 times

Post #391 by Retardé S » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:26 pm

Now it's the french vs the anglos?

Fuck is wrong with you people?
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad

Post #392 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:18 pm

Retarder S wrote:Now it's the french vs the anglos?

Fuck you, Quebecér. Image
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1095 times
Received rep: 1098 times

Post #393 by Retardé S » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:20 pm

edgar_dong wrote:
Retarder S wrote:Now it's the french vs the anglos?

Fuc--

Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad

Post #394 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:23 pm

IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 41 times
Received rep: 94 times

Post #395 by IcE ColD » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:28 pm

I love you still, _dong
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 657 times
Received rep: 608 times

Post #396 by Macbeth » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:49 pm

edgar_dong wrote:

Where is the goddamn rep, Craiegh ?

You cunt.
PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #397 by PPJ » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:18 pm

edgar_dong wrote:

No Focken way RRS ever top this. Nice work Ed.
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad

Post #398 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:31 pm

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #399 by Twitter bArt » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:33 am

Therrien was the perfect compromise

AD

Post #400 by AD » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:12 am

Craig! Fuck!

Return to “The Beautiful Mens and the Whore From Smolensk”