Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

And some artists..
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25301 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:25 am

LOL SLIQUE NEEK gets a zero gravity hard on for Ivanka

User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25302 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:27 am

flâ·neur wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Craig wrote:Hey, is that actually true though? I feel like lots of made in Canada TV is very white. Like that East coast detective show and that back in time detective show are both pretty pale.

It seems you either gotta go all-white, or all something else like they do in that convenience store one or the mosque one.

You are confusing Téléfilm Canada, which "invests" money in films and movies, and canadian television, which is... well, yeah, it is what it is, I guess.

Take Dogo's movie for example. There are usually five slots per calendar year for smaller budgeted films (there is a shit tonne more money that goes directly into the pockets of big time, "sucessful" producers, on a points-per-film basis which is verrrry scientific). We had to fight and qualify for one of these spots.

But the "fight" is rigged (A RIGGED WITCH HUNT).

There are two slots for anglo films (you lot have a lot of trouble making movies apparently......); one is womens only, the other could go either way depending on the year and projects submitted.

Two others are for the minorities and or womens only, with emphasis on and bias for indigenous projects/teams/subjects/etc..

And the last one is for the french speaking (preferably) mens who thinks he can make him some arts.

We ended up getting it, which means we are the only french speaking, mens-helmed project financed on the indie ("smaller budgeted projects, 2,5M$ and under) side for Téléfilm this year.

We were told in no uncertain terms that if we wanted to finance the Dogo's film in 2018 (or even if we wished to have a snowball's chance in Bikor's asshole), we'd have to budget the film at or under 2,5M$.

Which we did...

So yeah, it is actually true.

But it's fine.

As long as the fart material is sharp, we're gonna roll. :trump:


Wow, 2.5? I wish you luck with that one. Takes a ton of creativity to make something happen. Lots of people don't understand even getting lighting and a camera on set is half that sometimes. I remember one small CGI cut a friend of mine did cost $250,000! I feel bad for the everyday workers in the business because that's who piracy fucks over. A fart FX might cost ya too. :why:


No need for luck.

We made one for 15K and did pretty well for ourselves. :mkbét:
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25303 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:29 am

God bless you than. That is being creative. Do you have any short films or anything I can view yet?
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25304 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:44 am

Dog wrote:Are wominz and minorities underrepresented (comoared to their demographic weight) in the film making market?

If so, why? Is it “good” to move forward with a male dominated voice or should other actions be taken? If so, which? If the “problem” is structural, how do you fix it?

Yada yada, that sorta thing.

They were. Not so much now.

There are and were numerous glass ceilings (they exist for us young white beautiful mens, so one can only imagine how it is for them), be they social, cultural or economic.

Most immigrants don't exactly come to Canada to fart around in the Arts, now, do they.

Inherent biases, racism, sexism, nepotism, so on and so on. It is a business not unlike any other.

I do not have much time to elaborate, but actions were taken (affirmative actions, positive discrimination, group and sub-group oriented programmes and subsidies, etc.), most of which are as arbitrary as they seem necessary.

Structurally, most high ranking positions in both Téléfilm and SODEC have been held by womens for the past twenty five years, so I would love to know why they only woke themselves the fuck up in the past five, but that is another topic.

I feel shit was sorting itself out "organically" in the past ten years, but the need was voiced and actions taken urgently and "violently", putting our beautiful young white mens's asses out in a cold, unforgiving way. The past two years have been earth shatteringly different for most people, at least in Montréal. I now can absolutely relate to systemic biases and the like, with womens and minorities, seeing I've had people turn me down and away on the basis of my having a dingdong and nothing else (to meet quotas, to access womens and minorities-oriented subs and programmes, etc.).

But here I am complaining, a young, strapping, beautiful white mens. :trump:
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25305 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:46 am

flâ·neur wrote:God bless you than. That is being creative. Do you have any short films or anything I can view yet?

Our first feature film has been available on iTunes for the past year and a half. :mkbét:
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25306 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:47 am

That was when I wasn't here much. I'll check it out. Title please or can you PM a link?
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25307 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:52 am

flâ·neur wrote:That was when I wasn't here much. I'll check it out. Title please or can you PM a link?

The title is Prank.

Not the killer clown one, alas.
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25308 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:58 am

Wank, je veux dire merci.

Image
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 58307
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1929 times
Received rep: 1286 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25309 by Dog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:21 am

Are you an artist too, flâ?

:stare:
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25310 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:24 am

Artistic. Sure.
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25311 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 am

flâ·neur wrote:Artistic. Sure.



[dubl ɑ̃.tɑ̃dʁ(ə)] :why:
User avatar
Boring Choice #2
Posts: 7788
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 1979 6:06 am
Has given rep: 542 times
Received rep: 570 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25312 by Boring Choice #2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:30 am

you sure you didn't mean to spell that with a "u" instead of an "r"?
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25313 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:32 am

I have ADHD and a bit of dyslexia. Not so much writing but reading comprehension (especially if I am moving quick, great example in the Murka thread thanks to D) - it's very hard for me to sit still and stay focused on just one project which doesn't make sense because that should be easier for me then trying to do five at once. I'm that guy who tries to go from A-Z when I should just be worried about either A first or B next.
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25314 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:33 am

flâ·neur wrote:I have ADHD and a bit of dyslexia. Not so much writing but reading comprehension (especially if I am moving quick, great example in the Murka thread thanks to D) - it's very hard for me to sit still and stay focused on just one project which doesn't make sense because that should be easier for me then trying to do five at once. I'm that guy who tries to go from A-Z when I should just be worried about either A first or B next.

You haven't found your jam yet.

Once you do, the ADHD will be easier to manage.
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25315 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:41 am

Boring Choice #2 wrote:you sure you didn't mean to spell that with a "u" instead of an "r"?


I hinted at that with "double entendre" :smuglanne:
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25316 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:49 am

Macbeth wrote:
flâ·neur wrote:I have ADHD and a bit of dyslexia. Not so much writing but reading comprehension (especially if I am moving quick, great example in the Murka thread thanks to D) - it's very hard for me to sit still and stay focused on just one project which doesn't make sense because that should be easier for me then trying to do five at once. I'm that guy who tries to go from A-Z when I should just be worried about either A first or B next.

You haven't found your jam yet.

Once you do, the ADHD will be easier to manage.


. I turned 30 last month so I'm hoping with age it mellows out. I cut down a lot on smoking pot too because my father and my grandfather has Alzheimer's. I can't just assume it can be treated in another decade or so. Long term memory is fine, short term is horrid.
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25317 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:33 am

flâ·neur wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
flâ·neur wrote:I have ADHD and a bit of dyslexia. Not so much writing but reading comprehension (especially if I am moving quick, great example in the Murka thread thanks to D) - it's very hard for me to sit still and stay focused on just one project which doesn't make sense because that should be easier for me then trying to do five at once. I'm that guy who tries to go from A-Z when I should just be worried about either A first or B next.

You haven't found your jam yet.

Once you do, the ADHD will be easier to manage.


. I turned 30 last month so I'm hoping with age it mellows out. I cut down a lot on smoking pot too because my father and my grandfather has Alzheimer's. I can't just assume it can be treated in another decade or so. Long term memory is fine, short term is horrid.

It mellows and it doesn't.

Depends on the individual.

When I am bored or disinterested it is a terrible bitch, but otherwise it's fine and more manageable than it was when I was 15.
User avatar
AD
Posts: 69240
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: Here
Has given rep: 738 times
Received rep: 857 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25318 by AD » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:49 am

I think it needs to be said, but I really feel incredible hatred for each and every one of you. And in unique ways. Like not a generalized hatred for all of you. No, rather a specific individual hate, well defined for each of you.
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18673
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1089 times
Received rep: 1093 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25319 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:53 am

AD wrote:I think it needs to be said, but I really feel incredible hatred for each and every one of you. And in unique ways. Like not a generalized hatred for all of you. No, rather a specific individual hate, well defined for each of you.


I feel honored.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 58307
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1929 times
Received rep: 1286 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25320 by Dog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:57 am

I’ve been thinking about ADHD. Getting the sense that it’s not so much a “malfunction” as it is a personality sub-type. Open-ended non-judgemental explorers, in one of two inversed levels. Sensory/feeling types will seek sensory novelty. Thinking types will will idea novelty. They will not be judging types, in that they will not seek closure. They will seek wide exposure. So, their mind jumps from “thing to thing” (sensory or conceptual) and never really focuses in and drills down into one.

I got this hypothesis because I found out I am anti-adhd. I focus and drill down like a motherfucker. Problem is I don’t really control what I focus on. There is something called “hyperfocus” in adhd research. I haven’t seen what I now think may be an important distinction. Passive hyperfocus va active hyperfocus. Do you get sucked in by something giving you stimuli or sucked in by something you are actively motivated to bring to a conclusion. To me, that’s the distinction between an “explorer” type and a “decision” type. I’m a decision type. I hyperfocus to get an answer. Explorer types will be much more open and not block out other stimuli -in fact, they’ll seek it.

We need both types in our society, but as we move towards ever more productive and efficient and conceptual society, some “skills” get over-valued over others. That’s risky. We risk developping tunnel vision as a species if we stop exploring. But, hey, everybody wants to land a good job and whatnot and “explorer” career opportunities are fairly limited.

I’ve done some research to try to validate and there is recent studies that tend towards that. But more for a subset of people that are “high process speed and creative”. Those fuckers will actually take in a ton of data, shurn through it and draw wide inferences (creativity). If they are decision focused, they will work with a sense of urgency to “get to an answer”. Hence the hyperfocus. If they are more explorer types, they’ll be more mellow, zero-in less and be more comfortable without resolution. The difference, I kinda think, is in personality.

What I think the stimulant meds do is “make you focus”. Make you a zero-in, get to a solution type. But, if you are already that type, the stimulants just make more of the same. Like, too much. What the stimulants don’t seem to do is allow you more control over what you focus on. They give you ability to focus, if you “lack” that.

I kinda got this sense because I tested myself. All everybody knows, my daughter was tested last year and the resukts were very heterogeneous. Very strong clock speed, very strong analytics, weaker language, great attention when engaged but absolutely shit attention when not engaged (mainly when shit be routine/redundant). The diagnosis was a hybrid “gifted” and “mild adhd”. I questioned it. Asked the neuropsy how she differentiates between a person churning through a heavy flow (ie. high ressource intensive focus tht drains, especially when young) vs a person churning through a normal flow but having trouble focusing. She said somewhat about that being the question. Basically, what’s atttention deficit and what’s motivation and if meds don’t work, as they sometimes don’t, it’s a mortivation issue and that’s a psychoanalytical rabbit hole. My brain seems to be remarkably similar to my daughter, so I decided to test on myself. Spoke to my doctor and she was like “meh, maybe...but I trust you, try the meds if it helps great if not you’ll know that’s not it”. So I tried. And that’s not it. I turned from a super hyperfocused freak to a more super hyperfocused freak. It was effective, sure. I basically “widened” my little info gatekeep and let more data in. Problem is I already had a wide gate with plenty of data coming in. Opening more, just set my brain to overdrive. Churning through more data more quickly. That’s not sustainable. So I stopped. Had my answer. It’s not adhd (a small gate). It’s an already wide gate -meds just make it wider and risk overheating the cpu. So, I cooled down, but now had a new subject to dig into. What’s motivation. Let me to personality type analysis and what I posted above. Looked for studies showing correlations between personality types and adhd there isn’t much -adhd is fairly spread out. The problem, I think, is the raw data sucks. Adhd and personality types are exact sciences and the “diagnostic” criteria will vary wildly. Little consistency. So, I went more narrow. Look at exagerated type. The extremes. Does your premise hold there? It seems to, but studies on that are recent. Ultimately, I think researches will zero-in better and make more precise diagnostics.

On another note, “attention”, the “gatekeeper between the subconscious and conscious” is an interesting freaking thing to ponder on in its own right. Going down that rabbit hole lead me to the discussion we’re having in the dog containment thread.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 58307
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1929 times
Received rep: 1286 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25321 by Dog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:58 am

AD wrote:I think it needs to be said, but I really feel incredible hatred for each and every one of you. And in unique ways. Like not a generalized hatred for all of you. No, rather a specific individual hate, well defined for each of you.


Fun! Explain!
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25322 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:10 pm

AD wrote:I think it needs to be said, but I really feel incredible hatred for each and every one of you. And in unique ways. Like not a generalized hatred for all of you. No, rather a specific individual hate, well defined for each of you.


Your unique hated led me to Susan Sarandon's purse, as she thinks I am a journalist (the future of journalim) oppressed by the United States Government. :mkbert:

It's not fun to drink poison and expect it to work on someone else.
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25323 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:22 pm

Dog wrote:I’ve been thinking about ADHD. Getting the sense that it’s not so much a “malfunction” as it is a personality sub-type. Open-ended non-judgemental explorers, in one of two inversed levels. Sensory/feeling types will seek sensory novelty. Thinking types will will idea novelty. They will not be judging types, in that they will not seek closure. They will seek wide exposure. So, their mind jumps from “thing to thing” (sensory or conceptual) and never really focuses in and drills down into one.

I got this hypothesis because I found out I am anti-adhd. I focus and drill down like a motherfucker. Problem is I don’t really control what I focus on. There is something called “hyperfocus” in adhd research. I haven’t seen what I now think may be an important distinction. Passive hyperfocus va active hyperfocus. Do you get sucked in by something giving you stimuli or sucked in by something you are actively motivated to bring to a conclusion. To me, that’s the distinction between an “explorer” type and a “decision” type. I’m a decision type. I hyperfocus to get an answer. Explorer types will be much more open and not block out other stimuli -in fact, they’ll seek it.

We need both types in our society, but as we move towards ever more productive and efficient and conceptual society, some “skills” get over-valued over others. That’s risky. We risk developping tunnel vision as a species if we stop exploring. But, hey, everybody wants to land a good job and whatnot and “explorer” career opportunities are fairly limited.

I’ve done some research to try to validate and there is recent studies that tend towards that. But more for a subset of people that are “high process speed and creative”. Those fuckers will actually take in a ton of data, shurn through it and draw wide inferences (creativity). If they are decision focused, they will work with a sense of urgency to “get to an answer”. Hence the hyperfocus. If they are more explorer types, they’ll be more mellow, zero-in less and be more comfortable without resolution. The difference, I kinda think, is in personality.

What I think the stimulant meds do is “make you focus”. Make you a zero-in, get to a solution type. But, if you are already that type, the stimulants just make more of the same. Like, too much. What the stimulants don’t seem to do is allow you more control over what you focus on. They give you ability to focus, if you “lack” that.

I kinda got this sense because I tested myself. All everybody knows, my daughter was tested last year and the resukts were very heterogeneous. Very strong clock speed, very strong analytics, weaker language, great attention when engaged but absolutely shit attention when not engaged (mainly when shit be routine/redundant). The diagnosis was a hybrid “gifted” and “mild adhd”. I questioned it. Asked the neuropsy how she differentiates between a person churning through a heavy flow (ie. high ressource intensive focus tht drains, especially when young) vs a person churning through a normal flow but having trouble focusing. She said somewhat about that being the question. Basically, what’s atttention deficit and what’s motivation and if meds don’t work, as they sometimes don’t, it’s a mortivation issue and that’s a psychoanalytical rabbit hole. My brain seems to be remarkably similar to my daughter, so I decided to test on myself. Spoke to my doctor and she was like “meh, maybe...but I trust you, try the meds if it helps great if not you’ll know that’s not it”. So I tried. And that’s not it. I turned from a super hyperfocused freak to a more super hyperfocused freak. It was effective, sure. I basically “widened” my little info gatekeep and let more data in. Problem is I already had a wide gate with plenty of data coming in. Opening more, just set my brain to overdrive. Churning through more data more quickly. That’s not sustainable. So I stopped. Had my answer. It’s not adhd (a small gate). It’s an already wide gate -meds just make it wider and risk overheating the cpu. So, I cooled down, but now had a new subject to dig into. What’s motivation. Let me to personality type analysis and what I posted above. Looked for studies showing correlations between personality types and adhd there isn’t much -adhd is fairly spread out. The problem, I think, is the raw data sucks. Adhd and personality types are exact sciences and the “diagnostic” criteria will vary wildly. Little consistency. So, I went more narrow. Look at exagerated type. The extremes. Does your premise hold there? It seems to, but studies on that are recent. Ultimately, I think researches will zero-in better and make more precise diagnostics.

On another note, “attention”, the “gatekeeper between the subconscious and conscious” is an interesting freaking thing to ponder on in its own right. Going down that rabbit hole lead me to the discussion we’re having in the dog containment thread.


Image

I won't dive in your deep pool of constant brain-fucking, because, well, you know, the ADHD thing.

But I will address the medication thing.

I've only met two types of 'reactions' to ADHD medication :

a) the ones that need it;

b) the ones that don't.

The ones that do benefit from increased attention span, 'concentration', and focus, yeah. That said, I have (and people I know who've been on the medication) never turned into a "get solution" type; it does help kill the noise and de-clutter the environment though.

The ones that don't might as well have taken cocaine for all the effect it had on them; no discernable or positive effect, weird-ass euphoria, over-intense thought processes and near-prolixe speech.

Red lights blink on and off when I read "overheating the computer". It's never, ever been mentioned in my experience. It's a weirdly 'mechanical', and dare I say neo-liberal way of dealing with the issue.

I think too much is made of ADHD, people over-dramatise and turn it into a Big Issue (as in they test their five year old kid and try to map out their future based on a series of paper sheets and diagnoses...).

Life is chaos, Dogo, your baby girl is fucked either way. :trump:
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9465
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1200 times
Received rep: 745 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25324 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:57 pm

Gilles told me last night that Mumu was high as a kite when he first started ritalin.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 44600
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 562 times
Received rep: 955 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25325 by Mufasa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Slick Nick wrote:Gilles told me last night that Mumu was high as a kite when he first started ritalin.


I haven't seen Gilles since I started Ritalin.

I've seen him twice in the last 5 years and I don't think we've talked.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9465
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1200 times
Received rep: 745 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25326 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:Gilles told me last night that Mumu was high as a kite when he first started ritalin.


I haven't seen Gilles since I started Ritalin.


You saw him in the first weeks.. I remember him telling me about it back then.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 44600
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 562 times
Received rep: 955 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25327 by Mufasa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Maybe he was told by my ex, but I haven't talked to him since before I started Ritalin. To tell you the truth Gilles was more a guy that hanged with the same people than me, we never had a real conversation in our entire life I believe.
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25328 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:03 pm

When it gets bad (and generalized anxiety as well) - I feel like this:

Image

I can't stop to marvel or focus on an individual star. Breathing right, even though extremely obvious, does help me out.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9465
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1200 times
Received rep: 745 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25329 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Mufasa wrote:Maybe he was told by my ex, but I haven't talked to him since before I started Ritalin. To tell you the truth Gilles was more a guy that hanged with the same people than me, we never had a real conversation in our entire life I believe.


He's one of the 3 bearable individuals I work with..
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18673
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1089 times
Received rep: 1093 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25330 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:06 pm

flâ·neur wrote:When it gets bad (and generalized anxiety as well) - I feel like this:

Image

I can't stop to marvel or focus on an individual star. Breathing right, even though extremely obvious, does help me out.



User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 44600
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 562 times
Received rep: 955 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25331 by Mufasa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
Mufasa wrote:Maybe he was told by my ex, but I haven't talked to him since before I started Ritalin. To tell you the truth Gilles was more a guy that hanged with the same people than me, we never had a real conversation in our entire life I believe.


He's one of the 3 bearable individuals I work with..


I never found him bearable, so your workplace must be quite a shit hole. He's one of those people that kidnappe you into a conversation you don't want to be a part of.

I like his girlifriend though, brilliant woman.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9465
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1200 times
Received rep: 745 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25332 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
Mufasa wrote:Maybe he was told by my ex, but I haven't talked to him since before I started Ritalin. To tell you the truth Gilles was more a guy that hanged with the same people than me, we never had a real conversation in our entire life I believe.


He's one of the 3 bearable individuals I work with..


I never found him bearable, so your workplace must be quite a shit hole. He's one of those people that kidnappe you into a conversation you don't want to be a part of.


lol true he does that... and yes, my job is an transgalactic shithole.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 44600
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 562 times
Received rep: 955 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25333 by Mufasa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:14 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
He's one of the 3 bearable individuals I work with..


I never found him bearable, so your workplace must be quite a shit hole. He's one of those people that kidnappe you into a conversation you don't want to be a part of.


lol true he does that... and yes, my job is an transgalactic shithole.


I know the struggle bro.
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25334 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:19 pm

I have one request before I die of ADD. *clutches chest*

Change my join date to June 13, 1946. You can change my name and I'll keep it for one week.

"I love you all, my sons."

Image
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25335 by shredz [Bot] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:39 pm



Seen this posted on the Devs broad. I don't think a lot of people are going to be happy with the last face. I gotta give it time but as said, keyword is test. I liked the overall concept of it.
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25336 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Mu was never high as a kite on Teh Reeterz.

He was a fantastic mens.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 44600
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 562 times
Received rep: 955 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25337 by Mufasa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Macbeth wrote:Mu was never high as a kite on Teh Reeterz.

He was a fantastic mens.


I was becoming buff and jacked. Then i quit the ritalin and became soft and fat.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 44600
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 562 times
Received rep: 955 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25338 by Mufasa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Macbeth wrote:Mu was never high as a kite on Teh Reeterz.

He was a fantastic mens.


That baseball game when i droped two pills before, i was less a fantastic mens.
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25339 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Macbeth wrote:Mu was never high as a kite on Teh Reeterz.

He was a fantastic mens.


That baseball game when i droped two pills before, i was less a fantastic mens.

Not your crowning achievement.

But I do not believe one would blame ADHD or Teh Reeterz for that piss poor display of sporting. :mkbét:
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 44600
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 562 times
Received rep: 955 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25340 by Mufasa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Macbeth wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Macbeth wrote:Mu was never high as a kite on Teh Reeterz.

He was a fantastic mens.


That baseball game when i droped two pills before, i was less a fantastic mens.

Not your crowning achievement.

But I do not believe one would blame ADHD or Teh Reeterz for that piss poor display of sporting. :mkbét:


Well i do! I think i even dropped a third reetz during the game because i thought that would help me be more like A-Rod than B-Rod.
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25341 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:18 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
That baseball game when i droped two pills before, i was less a fantastic mens.

Not your crowning achievement.

But I do not believe one would blame ADHD or Teh Reeterz for that piss poor display of sporting. :mkbét:


Well i do! I think i even dropped a third reetz during the game because i thought that would help me be more like A-Rod than B-Rod.

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25342 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
That baseball game when i droped two pills before, i was less a fantastic mens.

Not your crowning achievement.

But I do not believe one would blame ADHD or Teh Reeterz for that piss poor display of sporting. :mkbét:


Well i do! I think i even dropped a third reetz during the game because i thought that would help me be more like A-Rod than B-Rod.

On se rappelle avec beaucoup d'émotions ce soir fatidique de l'été 2014.

On a une réunion de balle ce soir d'ailleurs, je risque de l'évoquer encore, pour notre bonheur partagé.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 58307
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1929 times
Received rep: 1286 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25343 by Dog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Macbeth wrote:
I won't dive in your deep pool of constant brain-fucking, because, well, you know, the ADHD thing.

But I will address the medication thing.

I've only met two types of 'reactions' to ADHD medication :

a) the ones that need it;

b) the ones that don't.

The ones that do benefit from increased attention span, 'concentration', and focus, yeah. That said, I have (and people I know who've been on the medication) never turned into a "get solution" type; it does help kill the noise and de-clutter the environment though.

The ones that don't might as well have taken cocaine for all the effect it had on them; no discernable or positive effect, weird-ass euphoria, over-intense thought processes and near-prolixe speech.

Red lights blink on and off when I read "overheating the computer". It's never, ever been mentioned in my experience. It's a weirdly 'mechanical', and dare I say neo-liberal way of dealing with the issue.

I think too much is made of ADHD, people over-dramatise and turn it into a Big Issue (as in they test their five year old kid and try to map out their future based on a series of paper sheets and diagnoses...).

Life is chaos, Dogo, your baby girl is fucked either way. :trump:


That’s what I said. Adhd meds are for you scattered fucks. Not for already lazer focused nazi fucks.

The common ground is “trouble directing attention”, but one is because scattered and the other is because of the opposite already way too focused. Only people in the middle are normal. And boring. And greg.

:danson:
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 44600
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 562 times
Received rep: 955 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25344 by Mufasa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Macbeth wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Macbeth wrote:Not your crowning achievement.

But I do not believe one would blame ADHD or Teh Reeterz for that piss poor display of sporting. :mkbét:


Well i do! I think i even dropped a third reetz during the game because i thought that would help me be more like A-Rod than B-Rod.

On se rappelle avec beaucoup d'émotions ce soir fatidique de l'été 2014.

On a une réunion de balle ce soir d'ailleurs, je risque de l'évoquer encore, pour notre bonheur partagé.


Tell them to come meet me at my jiu-jitsu school, i'll show them who's the best at what!!! :why:
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 58307
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1929 times
Received rep: 1286 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25345 by Dog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:25 pm

Dog wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
I won't dive in your deep pool of constant brain-fucking, because, well, you know, the ADHD thing.

But I will address the medication thing.

I've only met two types of 'reactions' to ADHD medication :

a) the ones that need it;

b) the ones that don't.

The ones that do benefit from increased attention span, 'concentration', and focus, yeah. That said, I have (and people I know who've been on the medication) never turned into a "get solution" type; it does help kill the noise and de-clutter the environment though.

The ones that don't might as well have taken cocaine for all the effect it had on them; no discernable or positive effect, weird-ass euphoria, over-intense thought processes and near-prolixe speech.

Red lights blink on and off when I read "overheating the computer". It's never, ever been mentioned in my experience. It's a weirdly 'mechanical', and dare I say neo-liberal way of dealing with the issue.

I think too much is made of ADHD, people over-dramatise and turn it into a Big Issue (as in they test their five year old kid and try to map out their future based on a series of paper sheets and diagnoses...).

Life is chaos, Dogo, your baby girl is fucked either way. :trump:


That’s what I said. Adhd meds are for you scattered fucks. Not for already lazer focused nazi fucks.

The common ground is “trouble directing attention”, but one is because scattered and the other is because of the opposite already way too focused. Only people in the middle are normal. And boring. And greg.

:danson:


On that note, maybe Subban doesn’t need ritalin. Maybe Subban needs anti-ritalin.

:stare:
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25346 by Macbeth » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Dog wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
I won't dive in your deep pool of constant brain-fucking, because, well, you know, the ADHD thing.

But I will address the medication thing.

I've only met two types of 'reactions' to ADHD medication :

a) the ones that need it;

b) the ones that don't.

The ones that do benefit from increased attention span, 'concentration', and focus, yeah. That said, I have (and people I know who've been on the medication) never turned into a "get solution" type; it does help kill the noise and de-clutter the environment though.

The ones that don't might as well have taken cocaine for all the effect it had on them; no discernable or positive effect, weird-ass euphoria, over-intense thought processes and near-prolixe speech.

Red lights blink on and off when I read "overheating the computer". It's never, ever been mentioned in my experience. It's a weirdly 'mechanical', and dare I say neo-liberal way of dealing with the issue.

I think too much is made of ADHD, people over-dramatise and turn it into a Big Issue (as in they test their five year old kid and try to map out their future based on a series of paper sheets and diagnoses...).

Life is chaos, Dogo, your baby girl is fucked either way. :trump:


That’s what I said. Adhd meds are for you scattered fucks. Not for already lazer focused nazi fucks.

The common ground is “trouble directing attention”, but one is because scattered and the other is because of the opposite already way too focused. Only people in the middle are normal. And boring. And greg.

:danson:

Yeah, well!!!!
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 58307
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1929 times
Received rep: 1286 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25347 by Dog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Macbeth wrote:
Dog wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
I won't dive in your deep pool of constant brain-fucking, because, well, you know, the ADHD thing.

But I will address the medication thing.

I've only met two types of 'reactions' to ADHD medication :

a) the ones that need it;

b) the ones that don't.

The ones that do benefit from increased attention span, 'concentration', and focus, yeah. That said, I have (and people I know who've been on the medication) never turned into a "get solution" type; it does help kill the noise and de-clutter the environment though.

The ones that don't might as well have taken cocaine for all the effect it had on them; no discernable or positive effect, weird-ass euphoria, over-intense thought processes and near-prolixe speech.

Red lights blink on and off when I read "overheating the computer". It's never, ever been mentioned in my experience. It's a weirdly 'mechanical', and dare I say neo-liberal way of dealing with the issue.

I think too much is made of ADHD, people over-dramatise and turn it into a Big Issue (as in they test their five year old kid and try to map out their future based on a series of paper sheets and diagnoses...).

Life is chaos, Dogo, your baby girl is fucked either way. :trump:


That’s what I said. Adhd meds are for you scattered fucks. Not for already lazer focused nazi fucks.

The common ground is “trouble directing attention”, but one is because scattered and the other is because of the opposite already way too focused. Only people in the middle are normal. And boring. And greg.

:danson:

Yeah, well!!!!


Then why didn’t you tell me so! Jesus! I’m dense. I need to have shit spelled out to me.

So, PK and I will go get some pot. You fucks go get some coke.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 44600
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 562 times
Received rep: 955 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25348 by Mufasa » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:49 am

Macbeth wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Macbeth wrote:Not your crowning achievement.

But I do not believe one would blame ADHD or Teh Reeterz for that piss poor display of sporting. :mkbét:


Well i do! I think i even dropped a third reetz during the game because i thought that would help me be more like A-Rod than B-Rod.

On se rappelle avec beaucoup d'émotions ce soir fatidique de l'été 2014.

On a une réunion de balle ce soir d'ailleurs, je risque de l'évoquer encore, pour notre bonheur partagé.


J'espère que la pluie a stopper votre game pis qu'elle vous a donner le SIDA.
User avatar
shredz [Bot]
Registered Broad
Posts: 8248
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Home of Keith Kinkaid
Has given rep: 1906 times
Received rep: 991 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25349 by shredz [Bot] » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:35 am

This is my list of the things I would want to do with each Hab human if I were to visit Canada.

AD: I would enjoy grabbing a bite to eat and a drink with the Nana. He seems like he'd be fun to hang out with in an upscale nightclub, while I secretly slip molly into his scotch. Only kidding. he gave me the molly! I would count on AD to see the nightlife. Maybe I am off on that.

chicpea:Chic would the the underrated host of the vacation. Ensuring I have a good time during the day while everyone else is busy. One of the most trusted confidants. I would also likely put mcphee in this slot as well. If his dogs didn't eat me, I'd have a blast going fishing and talking about pucks.

Dog: I think I would stay at Dog's home (if he allowed, of course) - he would probably the the friendliest and most likely to help me get back to America after I mysteriously lose my vacation money at BigD's house. :paranoid:

Mufasa, Slick Nick, Retarde, Macbeth, Dr. C, and more are coming shortly.
User avatar
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Posts: 49187
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Montréal, Québec
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Habs Broads: Everything is meh and everbody is meh

Post #25350 by Macbeth » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:51 am

Mufasa wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Well i do! I think i even dropped a third reetz during the game because i thought that would help me be more like A-Rod than B-Rod.

On se rappelle avec beaucoup d'émotions ce soir fatidique de l'été 2014.

On a une réunion de balle ce soir d'ailleurs, je risque de l'évoquer encore, pour notre bonheur partagé.


J'espère que la pluie a stopper votre game pis qu'elle vous a donner le SIDA.

On jouait même pas!

Return to “The Beautiful Mens and the Whore From Smolensk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest