Befanas in Pyjamas

And some artists..
Artie
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 142 times
Received rep: 213 times

Befanas in Pyjamas

Post #1 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:12 am

Old collection of awful rumours: http://hockeybroads.com/threads/36796-The-Befana-Collection-Artie-Regales-us-Like-Aesops-and-Grimms

deep throat ‏@deepthroat_CH
Dossier A.Vermette 1/4: Bergevin a tenter de l'obtenir en fin de semaine et le dossier n'est pas clos
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #2 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:13 am

Dossier A.Vermette 2/4: un choix de deuxième rounde pour Vermette ne sera pas assez , un jeune joueur est demander en plus .

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #3 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 am

Dossier A.Vermette 3/4: Bergevin ne veut pas donner De La Rose pour l'instant , pas de problème pour Thomas ou Dumont

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #4 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 am

Dossier A.Vermette 4 /4: Bergevin crois également que Vermette resteras un ch l'an prochain , dossier à suivre de très près.

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #5 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:16 am

Dossier J.Tlusty : Ce nom est apparu dans nos oreilles Samedi , serait-il en lien de la non venus de Vermette en fin de semaine, à suivre

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #6 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:19 am

Dossier Arizona : Oui je m'attends que Vermette aboutisse à Montréal prochainement mais je ne crois pas qu'il viendras seul.

Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1065 times
Received rep: 650 times

Post #7 by Dog » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:19 am

Dossier clos.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #8 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:20 am

Dossier J.Jagr 2 /3 :je vous le dit et je vous le répète , il fait partit des plans de Bergevin et dans ses premiers plans

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #9 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:20 am

Dog wrote:Dossier clos.

like the threads

jerks

Mufasa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 192 times
Received rep: 381 times

Post #10 by Mufasa » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:33 am

DOSSIER CLOS!
Outside point of view wisdom™

"Don't be afraid, those are mens, just like us" - Piton Ruelle

Beaker wrote:I publiclay apologies to Mumu.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #11 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:12 am

Bonjour , autres infos : Stafford option numéro 2 si le ch ne peux emmener Jagr, bonne journée

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #12 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:15 am

Evander Kane's non-existent 'decline'

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/evander-kane-s-non-existent--decline---what-we-learned-144015305.html

But rumblings out of Winnipeg that he's not even a top-six player are of course ludicrous, and anyone who doesn't have a vested interest in throwing some rotten garbage at the kid as he's on the way out the door (such as those who spent much of the last four years shivving him in the paper every chance he got) understands that fully. That doesn't mean they should retain him, but certainly they shouldn't have let it get to the point where he's being used as a third-liner (for dumb reasons), having his clothes thrown in the shower (for semi-legitimate ones, at least as far as his teammates are concerned), and getting season-ending surgery (maybe just so he doesn't have to play said teammates any more).

The fact of the matter is that while his point production isn't where it was, and hasn't been for a while, you actually have to do a little more work than saying, “He's not capable of playing that way any more.” Looking under the hood to see why a high-end sports car doesn't run like it used to will give you a much better idea as to the Why of it; otherwise you might be sending a Ferrari off to the junkyard because it had a problem that would have cost a trip to an auto parts store and $50 to fix.

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #13 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:00 pm

HABSINSIDEMAN ‏@HABSINSIDEMAN 10m10 minutes ago
Will be interesting to see if the flyers are sellers by the deadline MB has is eye on [color="black"][SIZE="7"]Simmonds[/size][/color] but all depends on what flyers decide to do

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #14 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:03 pm

HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 18m18 minutes ago
Dreger: A lot of "buzz & noise" around the Montreal Canadiens & there has been for some time. I know (Bergevin) has had discussions w/ other clubs about a defensive swap. I look at Montreal as a team that could shake things up a bit."

Retarder S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 405 times
Received rep: 334 times

Post #15 by Retarder S » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:04 pm

:danson:
Retarder S
Registered Broad

Post #16 by Retarder S » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:06 pm

Simmonds would be a perfect fit
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #17 by Mufasa » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:33 pm

I'll post the new line-ups tonight.
Not
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 70 times

Post #18 by Not » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:14 pm

I don't care, listening to Pearl Jam on the beach - priceless
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1065 times
Received rep: 650 times

Post #19 by Dog » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:22 pm

Lord Chezz wrote:I want a D man, a physical forward and this year's vanek.

Then we can talk about making a run at it.

Not wrote:I don't care, listening to Pearl Jam on the beach - priceless

I think a glitch in the board software inverted these.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #20 by Mufasa » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Dog wrote:I think a glitch in the board software inverted these.

Maybe is in your brain? All I see is Not discussing bad assets management and Chezz being Chezz.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #21 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:40 pm

:stare:
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 202 times

Post #22 by mcphee » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Enjoy your vacation Chezz.
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 346 times
Received rep: 415 times

Post #23 by edgar_dong » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:31 pm

I say we stand pat and just ride our netminder all the way like the good old days.
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 324 times
Received rep: 251 times

Post #24 by Macbeth » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Not wrote:I don't care, listening to Pearl Jam on the beach - priceless

Faggot.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #25 by Artie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:30 pm

a little tease...

“I’ll tell you this. I know that from talking to other teams around the league Marc Bergevin has been very busy just making sure what’s out there and what the asking price is. In other words, I don’t think he’s gone that far in terms of going after a certain player and going down that path, but he has made a lot of phone calls and done his homework in terms of knowing when the time is right what exactly it’s going to cost and what he can get.

“So I would be surprised if he didn’t make a move. I think his preference would be to make a hockey deal. In other words, a guy that has term past this year. But, as he showed last year with Vanek, if the price is right I think he could live with a rental too.

“And I’d be very surprised if he didn’t add a piece that’s worth talking about between now and March 2.”

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #26 by Artie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:44 am

Interesting ESPN take on Erik Cole as potential #Habs trade target. Cole having bounce-back year. Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole worked before.

whaaaaaaaaat???? :stare:

mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #27 by mcphee » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:56 am

Artie wrote:Interesting ESPN take on Erik Cole as potential #Habs trade target. Cole having bounce-back year. Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole worked before.

whaaaaaaaaat???? :stare:

I was thinking of this, but wasn't he dealt because while the team was buying into what Therrien/Gallant/Daigneault were selling, he was in the back of the room eye rolling ?
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #28 by Artie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:01 am

mcphee wrote:I was thinking of this, but wasn't he dealt because while the team was buying into what Therrien/Gallant/Daigneault were selling, he was in the back of the room eye rolling ?

he's this year's Ryder

mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #29 by mcphee » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:07 am

Artie wrote:he's this year's Ryder

I think that if the team was going rental, he'd help. I don't imagine that the cost would be much. With rentals though, sometimes I wonder if we assume that they'd do better than what we have when that might not be the case.

If our 8 wingers are
Pacio
Galchenuk
Gallagher
Sekac
Weise
Prust
Parenteau
Bournival/Thomas/JDLR/Next man up

Then I'd say Cole slots in ok.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #30 by Artie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:13 am

i wish they would try Sekac on that line before venturing towards Cole, if they are thinking that the Weise effect is not sustainable

mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #31 by mcphee » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:58 am

Artie wrote:i wish they would try Sekac on that line before venturing towards Cole, if they are thinking that the Weise effect is not sustainable

Worth a try in the same way they're looking at, or showing Thomas and co. As the year's gone on, Sekac seems more confident holding the puck and working in the zone, but he doesn't seem to work with line mates really well. Similar to Eller.
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 87 times

Post #32 by PPJ » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Ideally it would be pap for Cole and we could go full circle on that series of transactions.
Retarder S
Registered Broad

Post #33 by Retarder S » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:45 pm

mcphee wrote:Worth a try in the same way they're looking at, or showing Thomas and co. As the year's gone on, Sekac seems more confident holding the puck and working in the zone, but he doesn't seem to work with line mates really well. Similar to Eller.

I think Eller and Sekac work well together in every zone, puck support is one of their strengths. The issue to me is Sekac's energy level, it's his first season in the NHL after all...
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #34 by mcphee » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Retarder S wrote:I think Eller and Sekac work well together in every zone, puck support is one of their strengths. The issue to me is Sekac's energy level, it's his first season in the NHL after all...

They cycle well together and play assignment hockey and shit but they don't find each other with the puck, I find, but to be fair,it's neither guy's forte. Moreso Eller as Sekac is new to the league.
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 346 times
Received rep: 415 times

Post #35 by edgar_dong » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:16 pm

Ellér should just head off for a change as soon as he hits the red line.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #36 by Artie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:31 pm

:stare:

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #37 by Artie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:32 pm

hey at least on n'est pas clos

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #38 by Artie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:52 pm

12 scouts repping 11 teams on sched for NYR/TOR game tonight: OTT, CAR, STL, DET, TB, DAL, CGY (2), VAN, COL, MTL, BUF

Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #39 by Mufasa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Lord Chezz wrote:BRING ON FRANSON

:why:

Brolieu - Subber
Marcoux - Franzon
Hamelin - Gilbert

PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #40 by PPJ » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Goncharov?
Retarder S
Registered Broad

Post #41 by Retarder S » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:35 pm

mcphee wrote:They cycle well together and play assignment hockey and shit but they don't find each other with the puck, I find, but to be fair,it's neither guy's forte. Moreso Eller as Sekac is new to the league.

Yeah it's definitely not Eller's forte, but I believe they're required to cycle as much as they can without losing the puck depending on the situation -- That usually involves not taking as many risks or attempted plays that would create quick turnovers for the opponent. But yeah, compared to a guy like Weise who shows awareness and incisiveness in his decision making with the puck in the offensive end, Eller looks like a moron.

On the other hand, Sekac has actually shown good playmaking skills and a knack for it, I think his best games are when you see him carrying his line on the rush and delaying plays to give his linemates time to get into position for a shot. But I think he lacks the confidence and energy to be that player every night. Will he develop into that kind of player that has the ability to do that every night? Remains to be seen.
Retarder S
Registered Broad

Post #42 by Retarder S » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Mufasa wrote:Brolieu - Subber
Marcoux - Franzon
Hamelin - Gilbert

Who will play defence?
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #43 by Mufasa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Retarder S wrote:Who will play defence?

Team's toughness.

Retarder S
Registered Broad

Post #44 by Retarder S » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Mufasa wrote:Team's toughness.

Lord Chezz wrote:Weise and Bernier

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #45 by Artie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:03 pm

BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV
I hear Bergevin is on the verge of a trade (Dreger). 1 of the 4th line is doing an excellent job of showcasing himself out of town perhaps.

mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #46 by mcphee » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Lord Chezz wrote:The DLR?

Please no. I have high hopes for him
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #47 by Artie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:17 pm

Lord Chezz wrote:Maurice Richard, with better skating?

Lars Eller with better defensive IQ

PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #48 by PPJ » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:22 pm

I'd welcome a trade of Eller for a big guy with some spunk.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #49 by Artie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:24 pm

our only 4th liner that may be attractive is Weise

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #50 by Artie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:25 pm

or Christian

Marc Dumont ‏@Dr_Habs
Christian Thomas is casually rocking a +11 Corsi tonight. This guy does nothing but create scoring chances, and with very little ice time.

Return to “Vibrant, Whimsical, Light-hearted, Vicious, Sneaky, Nasty Middle-Aged White Mens”