Seth Jones - The Quest for Assets Continues

And some artists..
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 264 times
Received rep: 414 times

Re: Seth Jones - The Quest for Assets Continues

Post #1201 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Dog wrote:How long til Retardé start writing for Beaker.com?

:why:

how do you know Retardeh and Beaker are not the same person
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 809 times
Received rep: 721 times

Post #1202 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Or how do we know Not and Artie are not the same person
Not
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 200 times
Received rep: 126 times

Post #1203 by Not » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:51 pm

Unlike you - we have often been seen at the same time
AD
Has given rep: 599 times
Received rep: 665 times

Post #1204 by AD » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:57 pm

Paid actors. The lot of you.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1205 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:18 pm

Not wrote:Unlike you - we have often been seen at the same time

By who? By "each other"? :crossarms:
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1605 times
Received rep: 1102 times

Post #1206 by Dog » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:48 pm

What? You guys get paid?
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1207 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:02 pm

by the numbers

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

Mufasa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 370 times
Received rep: 661 times

Post #1208 by Mufasa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:04 pm

Seems like we won the draft.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1209 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Mufasa wrote:Seems like we won the draft.

Give us the cup.
Not
Registered Broad

Post #1210 by Not » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:02 pm

I am most intrigued by Romanov - watched the Timmins presser twice - got the vibe that he's the closest to play in NHL.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1211 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Not wrote:I am most intrigued by Romanov - watched the Timmins presser twice - got the vibe that he's the closest to play in NHL.

he was a bit of an unknown

I would have taken a Marchenko or Hallander and picked up Romanov later

Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1212 by Dog » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:16 pm

He’s the long awaited Sergachev replacement.
Not
Registered Broad

Post #1213 by Not » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:19 pm

Twitter bArt wrote:
Not wrote:I am most intrigued by Romanov - watched the Timmins presser twice - got the vibe that he's the closest to play in NHL.

No guarantee's he would of been there - I don't think the Habs would of picked him if they didn't think he would be gone by late second. Timmins said he thought 1 or 2 other teams were on him.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1214 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:24 pm

Not wrote:
Twitter bArt wrote:

No guarantee's he would of been there - I don't think the Habs would of picked him if they didn't think he would be gone by late second. Timmins said he thought 1 or 2 other teams were on him.

so they made a choice to take Markov over Yashin

Not
Registered Broad

Post #1215 by Not » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Timmins specifically said they were looking for a LD for that pick. Was not a BPA.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1216 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Not wrote:Timmins specifically said they were looking for a LD for that pick. Was not a BPA.

:burkealoompa:

Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1217 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:32 pm

I'm watching a game of his right now on youtube. He looks by far like the most mature player on the ice for both teams, I think they're playing him as a shut down D. He's got good anticipation and poise. His skating is good, but he can work on power.

Anyways, I don't think it's enough to get the full picture on him, I haven't noticed much of his offensive skills, although his outlet passes always connect and are right on the tape, something that his peers don't seem to execute as well as him. I'm not too familiar with how the MHL compares to the CHL, but he seems to be a step ahead in terms of fundamentals from his peers -- He makes routine plays look easy compared to a bunch of guys he's playing with. Also, saw some dude bounce off of him like a ping pong ball, which caught me off guard, he doesn't look like the biggest guy out there...
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1218 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:40 pm

Retardé S wrote:

I'm watching a game of his right now on youtube. He looks by far like the most mature player on the ice for both teams, I think they're playing him as a shut down D. He's got good anticipation and poise. His skating is good, but he can work on power.

Anyways, I don't think it's enough to get the full picture on him, I haven't noticed much of his offensive skills, although his outlet passes always connect and are right on the tape, something that his peers don't seem to execute as well as him. I'm not too familiar with how the MHL compares to the CHL, but he seems to be a step ahead in terms of fundamentals from his peers -- He makes routine plays look easy compared to a bunch of guys he's playing with. Also, saw some dude bounce off of him like a ping pong ball, which caught me off guard, he doesn't look like the biggest guy out there...

Thank God it's not a Saturday Night :grabo:

Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1219 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:41 pm

I've taken this year's draft to heart
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #1220 by Mufasa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:52 pm

Romanov might be this year Seth Jones if you ask me.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1221 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:52 pm

Retardé S wrote:I've taken this year's draft to heart

Not
Registered Broad

Post #1222 by Not » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:58 pm

Retardé S wrote:

I don't think the new NHL requires every D's need to have offensive (points) skills. But it does require skating and puck recuperation over pure physicality.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1223 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:01 pm

Not wrote:
Retardé S wrote:

I don't think the new NHL requires every D's need to have offensive (points) skills. But it does require skating and puck recuperation over pure physicality.

also requires that D's be shorter that 6 feet

mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 160 times
Received rep: 354 times

Post #1224 by mcphee » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:04 pm

I think he’s our Dany Markov in the way Emmy never was
Not
Registered Broad

Post #1225 by Not » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:16 pm

Twitter bArt wrote:
Not wrote:
Retardé S wrote:

I know you are doing your schtick but in all seriousness there is a fine line between under 6 foot and 5-9 / 5-10 range. He's Orlov size and already 185. From what I hear he has the frame to play at over 200 lbs just like Orlov. Actually he's the new Orlov...
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1226 by Dog » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:24 pm

How long has it been since we have a new nhl?
Not
Registered Broad

Post #1227 by Not » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Dog wrote:How long has it been since we have a new nhl?

You missed it - it happened at NOT’S BBQ - that’s what happens when you chose to be a part organizer
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1228 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Not wrote:
Twitter bArt wrote:
Not wrote:

I know you are doing your schtick but in all seriousness there is a fine line between under 6 foot and 5-9 / 5-10 range. He's Orlov size and already 185. From what I hear he has the frame to play at over 200 lbs just like Orlov. Actually he's the new Orlov...

:nucks:

Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1229 by Dog » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:38 pm

Not wrote:
Dog wrote:How long has it been since we have a new nhl?

You missed it - it happened at NOT’S BBQ - that’s what happens when you chose to be a part organizer

That must be the New New Nhl, because I’ve been hearing about the New Nhl for over a decade.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #1230 by Mufasa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:39 pm

RADOMANOV is over 6', during the combine he said he was 6'2.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1231 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Not wrote:
Retardé S wrote:

I'd say the bare minimum offensively is having a good first pass. The top 4 Ds need to have somewhat of a more rounded offensive game though, if by offense we mean an accurate first pass, a good shot, dynamism at the blue line, creating passing lanes, knowing when to join the rush ect. A guy like Jared Spurgeon is so dynamic and creates so much offense for his team, yet it doesn't fully reflect on the score sheet.

I just didn't see enough of him in that game to truly get an idea of his offensive game, which he reportedly has from every scouting report I read. I did see flashes of it, but not much more. Timmins did allude to misusage by his coach, so that might be it. He nearly didn't get any PP time, but he's probably the most skilled Dmen on his team. He definitely has a physical dimension to his game-- On a couple of occasions guys bounced off of him and he also nailed one guy along the boards. All the while looking like a lanky 6 footer.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1232 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Mufasa wrote:RADOMANOV is over 6', during the combine he said he was 6'2.

Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1233 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:14 pm

mcphee wrote:I think he’s our Dany Markov in the way Emmy never was

Who was the cbc commentator that always spoke as if Andrei and Danny were siblings? I don't think anyone ever corrected him or her.
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 160 times
Received rep: 354 times

Post #1234 by mcphee » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:22 pm

Retardé S wrote:

Who was the cbc commentator that always spoke as if Andrei and Danny were siblings? I don't think anyone ever corrected him or her.

Might’ve been Bob Cole ?
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1235 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:25 pm

mcphee wrote:
Retardé S wrote:

Might’ve been Bob Cole ?

I think it was Cassie Campbell
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 357 times

Post #1236 by Craig » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:26 pm

I so often get the two of them confused.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1237 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Canadiens Prospects
‏@mtl_prospects

#Habs Prospects threads with quotes & videos

Kotkaniemi: https://goo.gl/93axYk
Ylonen: https://goo.gl/eKb1tg
Romanov: https://goo.gl/T4YWfa
Olofsson: https://goo.gl/yp6df8
Hillis: https://goo.gl/LCy2eu
Harris: https://goo.gl/JDshT5
Mcshane: https://goo.gl/bphAkC
Gorniak: https://goo.gl/pJbBEv
Fonstad: https://goo.gl/HHCwYr
Houde: https://goo.gl/q3UGn7
Stapley: https://goo.gl/qAije6

Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #1238 by Mufasa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Samuel's gonna be Hood.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 785 times
Received rep: 492 times

Post #1239 by Slick Nick » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:06 pm

Mufasa wrote:RADOMANOV is over 6', during the combine he said he was 6'2.

I doubt he's 6'2''.. but he looks taller than 5'10''. He also looks to have inherited some good Tatargolian genetics, looks pretty thick for a 16 year old... his wrists are larger than my ankles.

Also very well-spoken, calm and smart kid from a very respected hockey family... definitely not going to turn into a Galdong/Scherbak/Kstyzin type of fuck-head.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1240 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:10 pm

Twitter bArt wrote:
Retardé S wrote:I've taken this year's draft to heart

This is gold
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1241 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:19 pm

#26 red

#44 red Nikita Rtishchev looks good, went undrafted.
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 536 times
Received rep: 433 times

Post #1242 by Macbeth » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:28 pm

I NEED A LIST OF WHO MADE THE BEST AND WHO ARE THE BEST PICKS

THANK YOU
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #1243 by Mufasa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:32 pm

Macbeth wrote:I NEED A LIST OF WHO MADE THE BEST AND WHO ARE THE BEST PICKS

THANK YOU

In order in wich they were picked.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1244 by Slick Nick » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:33 pm

Saw that posted on the boredz.. watched a couple of shifts, very fluid skater, good decision making, looks strong physically. There's a chance is does develop into solid top 4 D. As I said before, I really like his attitude, character and maturity.. things most kids his age don't have, specially Russians.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #1245 by Mufasa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Amazing shot too.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1246 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:38 pm

What stood out to me is how simple he makes routine plays look, while the others seem to have a harder time executing. He didn't break a sweat the whole game.

Anyways, hope to see him in the WJC.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #1247 by Mufasa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:40 pm

Wait are we talking about Romanov or Drew Doughty?
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1248 by Retardé S » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Mufasa wrote:Wait are we talking about Romanov or Drew Doughty?

Obvs. Romados, Doughty is half-retarded half-genius.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1249 by Slick Nick » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Anyone know how the Russian system works? Is he going to stay in the MHL or he might play for the CSKA in the KHL?
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #1250 by Mufasa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Slick Nick wrote:Anyone know how the Russian system works? Is he going to stay in the MHL or he might play for the CSKA in the KHL?

As soon as next season he'll get call up in the big club, I don't know if he'll play. There's a lot of politics going on for young players in the KHL.

Return to “The Beautiful Mens and the Whore From Smolensk”