Return to УФА

And some artists..
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 632 times
Received rep: 1050 times

Re: Return to УФА

Post #901 by Mufasa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:16 pm

I'm just coming back from a business meeting, i'm seeing all the glory that has unfold in the last three hours, we gonna win da cup fellas!
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 608 times
Received rep: 334 times

Re: RE: Re: Return to УФА

Post #902 by TittiesNBeer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Retardé S wrote:
mcphee wrote:
Retardé S wrote:
Do you manage your team based on replicating a historic run? Can you recreate the things that went right for Vegas?

No. Obviously not but while sorting things out, you better be a hard working bunch.

I can get on board with that, but I don't think that's his message. I think he truly believes that a team with massive holes can compensate with intangibles such as hard work and attitude. And I know those things are important, but you also have the worst centre line in the league.

It leaves me with the impression that as soon as the habs are close to making the playoffs, we'll be back at making the same mistakes that got us here. It's like quitting your job because you have enough money for 2 months.
Thats also what i worry about. He doesnt understand that tangibles are more important than intangibles
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 179 times
Received rep: 468 times

Post #903 by mcphee » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:20 pm

Maybe it’s the heat but did RR do a Castro analogy ?
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #904 by TittiesNBeer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:21 pm

Mufasa wrote:I'm just coming back from a business meeting, i'm seeing all the glory that has unfold in the last three hours, we gonna win da cup fellas!
Kenny agostino, xavier ouellet and michael chaput are nice pickups but winning the calder cup is hard.
Not
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 251 times
Received rep: 171 times

Post #905 by Not » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:22 pm

Dog wrote:
Retardé S wrote:
mcphee wrote:No. Obviously not but while sorting things out, you better be a hard working bunch.

I can get on board with that, but I don't think that's his message. I think he truly believes that a team with massive holes can compensate with intangibles such as hard work and attitude. And I know those things are important, but you also have the worst centre line in the league.

It leaves me with the impression that as soon as the habs are close to making the playoffs, we'll be back at making the same mistakes that got us here. It's like quitting your job because you have enough money for 2 months.

No way he doesn’t address the center line and LD if he wants to compete.

@Not, Vegas had a 78pt center + Mashmallow with 75.

People step up like that for habs and we could be in a good place. We could also win the 6/49. Both are unlikely.

FFS - How many points did Karlsson have before the season started? What couldn’t Drouin do the same?
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2059 times
Received rep: 1358 times

Post #906 by Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:24 pm

mcphee wrote:Maybe it’s the heat but did RR do a Castro analogy ?

“A rebuild is not a bed of roses, a rebuild is a struggle to the death between the future and the past.”
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #907 by mcphee » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Not I don’t think he had any before the season started
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #908 by Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:25 pm

Not wrote:
Dog wrote:
Retardé S wrote:I can get on board with that, but I don't think that's his message. I think he truly believes that a team with massive holes can compensate with intangibles such as hard work and attitude. And I know those things are important, but you also have the worst centre line in the league.

No way he doesn’t address the center line and LD if he wants to compete.

@Not, Vegas had a 78pt center + Mashmallow with 75.

People step up like that for habs and we could be in a good place. We could also win the 6/49. Both are unlikely.

FFS - How many points did Karlsson have before the season started? What couldn’t Drouin do the same?

That what I said, Not. Miracle seasons are possible, just very unlikely.
Not
Registered Broad

Post #909 by Not » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:26 pm

Drouin getting 75 points+ is not lottery stuff
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1180 times
Received rep: 1220 times

Post #910 by Retardé S » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Not wrote:
Retardé S wrote:I don't know if he's dumb or acting dumb, that's the big question for me.

The only reason getting him to say re-build is to find another angle to be negative on management/ownership. It’s disingenuous at best. Are you really that much of a retard to not see and interpret what is going on? Unless he trades Price and Weber, this is not a burn the house/rebuild situation. This team can compete and Las Vegas proved that you can go pretty far without a 1st line center or a top pair D.

That absolute bullshit, the main reason why reporters ask him the question is because people have no clue what the direction of the team is and there's dissonance in his public approach. And are you that much of a senile old geezer to realize that there are too many holes and imponderables to hope for it to go "like Vegas"? That's literally the worst resolve of the situation I've heard so far and it's coming from a guy who's seen it all.

We did our Vegas last year, that's where it got us. I don't think that's the plan, you're just reaching to cope.

Now if the plan is to have a few more years like that to draft high and accumulate assets, count me on board. But I reserve my right to doubt our jabroni GM for publicly stating he can remain competitive and improve the team if given a chance without sacrificing the future after six years of failure to do so. If you learned anything of the past 15-20 years is that it's simply not how it works.

Old man :trump:
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #911 by Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Not wrote:Drouin getting 75 points+ is not lottery stuff

Ok, Not.

Habs are looking good heading into next season. Drouin’s the first line center we’ve been waiting for.

#happenedinvegas
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #912 by Mufasa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:31 pm

I'm starting to believe in this team. Marc is making sense.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #913 by TittiesNBeer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Spezza and a pick for Waked looks like a pretty good deal right about now.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #914 by Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Retardé S wrote:
Not wrote:
Retardé S wrote:I don't know if he's dumb or acting dumb, that's the big question for me.

The only reason getting him to say re-build is to find another angle to be negative on management/ownership. It’s disingenuous at best. Are you really that much of a retard to not see and interpret what is going on? Unless he trades Price and Weber, this is not a burn the house/rebuild situation. This team can compete and Las Vegas proved that you can go pretty far without a 1st line center or a top pair D.

That absolute bullshit, the main reason why reporters ask him the question is because people have no clue what the direction of the team is and there's dissonance in his public approach. And are you that much of a senile old geezer to realize that there are too many holes and imponderables to hope for it to go "like Vegas"? That's literally the worst resolve of the situation I've heard so far and it's coming from a guy who's seen it all.

We did our Vegas last year, that's where it got us. I don't think that's the plan, you're just reaching to cope.

Now if the plan is to have a few more years like that to draft high and accumulate assets, count me on board. But I reserve my right to doubt our jabroni GM for publicly stating he can remain competitive and improve the team if given a chance without sacrificing the future after six years of failure to do so. If you learned anything of the past 15-20 years is that it's simply not how it works.

But Vegas! How about the Indians in Major League? Mighty Ducks under Gordon Bombay?

#livingonaprayer
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #915 by Retardé S » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Dog wrote:
Retardé S wrote:
Not wrote:

But Vegas! How about the Indians in Major League? Mighty Ducks under Gordon Bombay?

#livingonaprayer

Let's hire Elvis Stojko as GM, maybe he can build us the best skating team on the planet. You never know what happens when you have a bunch of great skaters on the ice.
Not
Registered Broad

Post #916 by Not » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Retardé S wrote:
Not wrote:

MHGA
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #917 by Mufasa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Patch - Drouin - Armia
Duclair - Domi - Gallagher
Hudong - Danolt - Scherback
Byron - Plek - Lehkonen
Shaw - DLR - Mike Mike
Peca

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Riely - Juulsen
Benn - Shelmster
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 44 times
Received rep: 486 times

Post #918 by Craig » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:38 pm

I don't really think it's the GM's job to teach people how to skate.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #919 by Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:39 pm

Craig wrote:I don't really think it's the GM's job to teach people how to skate.

This is the NEW Nhl, greg.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #920 by mcphee » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:40 pm

I thought , and I didn’t see all of it, Bergevin pointed out that they like some of their young forward group. He mentioned Lehkonin , Gallagher, Drouin, Domi, not sure who else but Danault, Hudon and Scherbak are also promising. Perks,Price and Weber are the grownups.

He followed what we said yesterday about not going long term on band aids. He mentioned how he’d rather draft choices earn jobs than plug holes and how that would time is something you shouldn’t have to say out loud.

I thought that saying the young group would be expected to play hard was a good thing.

You can’t, at least , I don’t think you should, plan to lose unless you are stripping down everything. Which they aren’t.

So you play. You get kicked around sometimes but that’s to be expected.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #921 by Mufasa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:41 pm

"I really like our center prospects, Koktaniemi, Poheling, Olofsson and Samuel Houde" - Marc Bergevin, 1er juillet 2018
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #922 by mcphee » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:43 pm

The interesting player in all this is Petry

Weber is late prime
Mete not prime yet
Really Petry should be shopped. He’s the tweener by age
shredz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2224 times
Received rep: 1056 times

Post #923 by shredz » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:46 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:Spezza and a pick for Waked looks like a pretty good deal right about now.

Did the bells palsy turn you into half a Senators fan? You really really want Spezza,. :vince:
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #924 by Mufasa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:50 pm

Big Susf wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:Spezza and a pick for Waked looks like a pretty good deal right about now.

Did the bells palsy turn you into half a Senators fan? You really really want Spezza,. :vince:

It's prononced ball's persley.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #925 by Retardé S » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:50 pm

Petry has an affordable contract and Juulsen hasn't shown he's ready for a top 4 role. I'd wait until we get more certainty from Juulsen to shop Petry. The game changer could be Pacioretty's deal IMO. Bergevin is looking for immediate help on that deal, and that can open many other options.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #926 by Craig » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:51 pm

mcphee wrote:The interesting player in all this is Petry

Weber is late prime
Mete not prime yet

That doesn't make sense to me. Petry is young enough he might be late prime when the team is competitive. Weber is just destined to be dead cap space eventually. I'd be all about moving Weber if you can still get a ransom for him.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #927 by Retardé S » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:52 pm

Mufasa wrote:"I really like our center prospects, Koktaniemi, Poheling, Olofsson and Samuel Houde" - Marc Bergevin, 1er juillet 2018

That McShane dude is impressive, I see him becoming a winger though.
Not
Registered Broad

Post #928 by Not » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:53 pm

I really have a hard time understanding RRS and Dogs point. I don’t see the a single action that says rebuild.

- Price and Weber are still here
- Patches is still here
- MB made hockey trades not rebuilding trades

That doens’t mean that they think they are a SC contender. FFS with the parity in the NHL only 3-5 teams have little chance to make playoffs. Half the teams that made the playoffs last year were out the year before.

What I see is a recalibration of organizational standards. No more trading picks, get younger, more skill and competitiveness.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #929 by mcphee » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:54 pm

Craig wrote:
mcphee wrote:The interesting player in all this is Petry

Weber is late prime
Mete not prime yet

That doesn't make sense to me. Petry is young enough he might be late prime when the team is competitive. Weber is just destined to be dead cap space eventually. I'd be all about moving Weber if you can still get a ransom for him.

That’s because you aren’t thinking it through
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #930 by Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Not wrote:I really have a hard time understanding RRS and Dogs point. I don’t see the a single action that says rebuild.

- Patches is still here

That doens’t mean that they think they are a SC contender. FFS with the parity in the NHL only 3-5 teams have little chance to make playoffs. Half the teams that made the playoffs last year were out the year before.

What I see is a recalibration of organizational standards. No more trading picks, get younger, more skill and competitiveness.

We’re trading patches for younguns.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #931 by Mufasa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Retardé S wrote:
Mufasa wrote:"I really like our center prospects, Koktaniemi, Poheling, Olofsson and Samuel Houde" - Marc Bergevin, 1er juillet 2018

That McShane dude is impressive, I see him becoming a winger though.

WHat about that Sam Houde though? Sees himself as Drouin in the NHL is consider the fourth best center prospect by the org.

Scherbak - Houde - Drouin
Domi - Kotkaniem - Ylonen`

the future of the Habs, too bad we haven't signed Logan Shaw, he could have developed Poehling and Olofsson on his beautiful wings, now they'll be busts.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #932 by Craig » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:04 pm

I think they've realized that this is no longer a first place team like they were 2 of 3 before this last year. So they're not a contender until something changes. No more trading picks, the window is closed for now.

That's not the same thing as rebuilding, of course. In a perfect world they would have gotten that thing by winning the draft lottery to get a #1 C like the Leafs, or gotten the only #1 C to hit the UFA market in living memory like the Leafs, but it could be a couple of prospects turning into gold or getting lucky Inn a trade.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #933 by Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:06 pm

We’re all saying the same thing. Yay!
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #934 by mcphee » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:12 pm

I think I was saying this to Artie on the way to Not’s bbq. They have plenty of good but not enough great. Last time around they filled in with the Juha Lind’s of the world.

Healthy they aren’t playing guys who are filler .
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #935 by Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:26 pm

mcphee wrote:Last time around they filled in with the Juha Lind’s of the world.

That was just a rumour. Jesperi’s father was “confirmed” to be juha Kotkaniemi, not Juha Lind.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #936 by Mufasa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:32 pm

We are going to flood the waivers in October.

Patch - Peca - Gallagher
Domi - Danolt - Drouin
Hudong - Plek - Scherbak
Lehkonen - DLR - Armia
Shaw - Byron - Mike
D-lo - Froese

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Riely - Juulsen
Benn - Shlemster
Outlet pass

Price
Niemi
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #937 by TittiesNBeer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Big Susf wrote:

I really want the stars first round pick.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #938 by Craig » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:37 pm

Doesn't Spezza have a no trade list in his contact? That would almost certainly have the Habs on it.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #939 by Retardé S » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:39 pm

Not wrote:I really have a hard time understanding RRS and Dogs point. I don’t see the a single action that says rebuild.

- Patches is still here

You also didn't understand how this team was bad last summer. :danson:

I don't see an action that says rebuild neither, but we'll probably end up doing it either way. This summer is clearly a re-tool, but we have no one at C. Boston re-tooled, but every vital position in their organization was filled and they had a young franchise forward that made some vets expendable. Same for Tampa, many times over the last few years they had to miss the playoffs, but the main pieces were there and they built around them through the draft and trading market. We have none of that. We're trying to hide the sun with one finger.

If you think Poehling and Kotkaniemi will come in and become top 6 Cs in the short term and we'll be able to make a push with Weber, Price and Pacioretty at the end of their prime, may the divine forces bless you. But I don't think that's a realistic and well though-out plan. It goes in line with what happened last year, wishful thinking.

May the force of Vegas be with you.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #940 by Mufasa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Craig wrote:Doesn't Spezza have a no trade list in his contact? That would almost certainly have the Habs on it.

Spezza speaks French and spent a lot of time in Montréal during the summer.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 42 times
Received rep: 95 times

Post #941 by IcE ColD » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Not wrote:Worst free agent frenzy day ever.

:crossarms:

Way too hot today to have any kind of frenzy going on
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #942 by Mufasa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Retardé S wrote:

- Patches is still here

I don't see an action that says rebuild neither, but we'll probably end up doing it either way. This summer is clearly a re-tool, but we have no one at C. Boston re-tooled, but every vital position in their organization was filled and they had a young franchise forward that made some vets expendable. Same for Tampa, many times over the last few years they had to miss the playoffs, but the main pieces were there and they built around them through the draft and trading market. We have none of that. We're trying to hide the sun with one finger.

If you think Poehling and Kotkaniemi will come in and become top 6 Cs in the short term and we'll be able to make a push with Weber, Price and Pacioretty at the end of their prime, may the divine forces bless you. But I don't think that's a realistic and well though-out plan. It goes in line with what happened last year, wishful thinking.

Boston had a good top 6 and a good goalie, their defence needed a complete rebuild. Habs are better than you make them look.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #943 by TittiesNBeer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:43 pm

Craig wrote:Doesn't Spezza have a no trade list in his contact? That would almost certainly have the Habs on it.

Jason, you are in a contract year. Last year, you played 3rd line RW with limited PP time. You put up 28 points. Your next contract is gonna suck if you stay in Dallas.

In Montreal, you could play your natural position, on the first or second line and get plenty of PP time. Oh and if you produce, the Habs will trade you to a contender at the deadline.

Seems an easy argument to make for his agent.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #944 by Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:44 pm

Retarder, maybe we do need some porto-mexican kids to set these dreamers straight.
LC
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 39 times
Received rep: 52 times

Post #945 by LC » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Habs getting Plekanec and Leafs getting Tavares is like when Bart's team got Milhouse and Ralph's team got Ken Griffey, Jr.
LC
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 39 times
Received rep: 52 times

Post #946 by LC » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Retardé S wrote:

- Patches is still here

Boston had a good top 6 and a good goalie, their defence needed a complete rebuild. Habs are better than you make them look.

Habs suck, bro
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #947 by Retardé S » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Mufasa wrote:Boston had a good top 6 and a good goalie, their defence needed a complete rebuild. Habs are better than you make them look.

Boston was already drafting well before re-tooling, on top of having a good enough team. That's why they had assets to trade for a bunch of first rounders and get back on the rails soon enough. They had Krug on D, drafted a franchise D in McAvoy who was able to contribute after one year, Chara picked up his play because he had less pressure on him. They were definitely in better shape than us right now. It's a different situation we have here. We don't have holes in quantity, moreso in importance. Actually, they're craters.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #948 by Retardé S » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:01 pm

Dog wrote:Retarder, maybe we do need some porto-mexican kids to set these dreamers straight.

They don't understand the sacrifice of picking up corn and lettuce on the fields of Yuma like us, maybe one day they will understand what it truly takes to win. :paulrus:
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #949 by Retardé S » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:06 pm

I wouldn't mind Spezza at all with the current situation, it's low risk-high reward.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #950 by Retardé S » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Honestly I just really hope they get a top pick next season too (and not trade it), the rest will take care of itself.

Return to “The Beautiful Mens and the Whore From Smolensk”