FPJ 22 : BON, B'EN C'EST DÉJÀ FINI

And some artists..
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 532 times
Received rep: 438 times

Re: FPJ 22 : BON, B'EN C'EST DÉJÀ FINI

Post #501 by Retardé S » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:25 pm

We're in a chaos spiral of consciousness/volatility in beliefs/ideas...intellectual/political tribalism. On one hand, has the potential to open your mind...on the other it can set us back to the dark ages.

I don't think people are fighting for their ideas more than the honor of the crew. The hell with honesty and objectivity.
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 440 times
Received rep: 325 times

Post #502 by Macbeth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Retarder S wrote:We're in a chaos spiral of consciousness/volatility in beliefs/ideas...intellectual/political tribalism. On one hand, has the potential to open your mind...on the other it can set us back to the dark ages.

I don't think people are fighting for their ideas more than the honor of the crew. The hell with honesty and objectivity.

You okay, mate ?
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #503 by Retardé S » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:36 pm

Macbeth wrote:
Retarder S wrote:We're in a chaos spiral of consciousness/volatility in beliefs/ideas...intellectual/political tribalism. On one hand, has the potential to open your mind...on the other it can set us back to the dark ages.

You okay, mate ?

My knee is swollen like a Vegas hooker's fanny on a week end
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #504 by Retardé S » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:37 pm

I'll be fine, just took some good ole codeine :mkbét:
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1293 times
Received rep: 840 times

Post #505 by Dog » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:43 pm

Retarder S wrote:On one hand, has the potential to open your mind...on the other it can set us back to the dark ages.

I tend to agree. Fucking with social cohesion is tricky business. Do wish people can open their minds more, but at the same time I respect the power of the backlash.
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 407 times
Received rep: 547 times

Post #506 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Galchenyuk with only two third period shifts. Image

B-b-b-b-but he was gliding well in the first!!
Also, let's keep this thread about Galchenyuk's on-ice performance, development and value and NOT bring in his personal life or race.
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 260 times
Received rep: 488 times

Post #507 by Mufasa » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Galchenyuk is poormen's Andrigettho at this point.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #508 by Mufasa » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:28 pm

Retarder S wrote:Is DLR a better playmaker than Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Danault combined? :hellyeah:

He is for sure, might be a diamond in the rough.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 484 times
Received rep: 321 times

Post #509 by Slick Nick » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 am

Dog wrote:I think nick brought up an interesting subject the other day when he was bitching about his homework. He touched upon people being caught up in various memes. Albeit his specific reference was limited to media meme, I think the whole post-modern thesis on this is quite interesting. I haven’t read a tone on post-modernism, but from what I’ve gathered the central thesis is that the world is made up of competing narratives (which are sorta like paradigms). The narratives/paradigms people subscribe to shape their reality and perception/experience of the world. I think this can go too far (as in rejecting any objective reality) but can go a good way into understanding people’s psychology, beliefs and behaviour. Kinda reminded me of an interesting book I had read on religion some time ago. In it the author (some cognitive scientist) posited something similar. That the human brain is wired to pick up on framework stories. Forget how he frames it exactly, but basically boilled down to there being competing stories out there and religious stories have alot of what makes stories appealing to the human brain (explanatory power, familiarity but also surprising elements that make it stand out in human memory). Basically argued that religion didn’t evolve because it answers fundamental questions or alleviates existential anxieties, but mostly because it told a good story. The kind that sticks in our brains.

When I think of people holding different (or even similar) beliefs, I often wonder why. I think this narrative/meme transmission thesis has some explanatory power and is interesting to keep in mind.

Thoughts?

Deconstructing everything/leveling of all qualitative distinctions only leads to nihilism and despair in the long run. Not everything is matter to interpretation and not everything is a social construct. Although I'm not religious myself, I think religions have more to them than being just good stories, I think they are in a way thousands of years of popular wisdom and some heavy metaphysics condensed into easily understandable and transmissible stories. Now I don't think most people, sadly most religious people, really study the stories in the bible. When I was a kid, I used to watch Le grand Rabbin de Paris on channel multiéthnique go wild for hours on 3 lines in the Torah.. it was really something to see how far deep he could go with something that at first glance really only looked like a simple fable. In the end, people need to hang onto something because the thought of being a 160lbs mass of flesh and shit standing on a rock that is spinning around a ball of fire in the void is really kinda scary.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #510 by Mufasa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:20 am

Macbeth wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:
Macbeth wrote:Told you, guys.

You never listen.

Yup threads on a message board are making them win and lose.

I believe that as much as I believe in the flying spaghetti monster.

You are such a boor, mate.

Tellement relou...

Je l'sais :why:
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #511 by Slick Nick » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:33 am

I really like the german language, I have a some ease with it too.. thinking of maybe taking a class at the Goethe Institut but it's freakingly expensive. Today was my last class, also last of the bacc... I came back home and one of the cuties in the class added me to fb, she's 19.

:why:

Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #512 by Slick Nick » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:47 am

Dog wrote:
Retarder S wrote:On one hand, has the potential to open your mind...on the other it can set us back to the dark ages.

I tend to agree. Fucking with social cohesion is tricky business. Do wish people can open their minds more, but at the same time I respect the power of the backlash.

The only way to go forward is through conversation because it's presupposes an open minded approach, a will to change your mind, reinterpreting your own values through what the other has to present. The search for a thruth that serves the common good, might be only a transitory truth as a new conversation begins later and new arguments are presented. But both parties have to engage in it, if one tries to shove it down your throat it's not a dialog anymore, it's use of force and conflict (backlash) ensues. And the fact that your ideas are progressive in your own interpretation of your own values, doesn't make them universally progressive..
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #513 by Retardé S » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:46 am

Slick Nick wrote:I really like the german language, I have a some ease with it too.. thinking of maybe taking a class at the Goethe Institut but it's freakingly expensive. Today was my last class, also last of the bacc... I came back home and one of the cuties in the class added me to fb, she's 19.

:why:

Sti que t'es bin
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #514 by Dog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:16 am

Nick, I agree with pretty much everything you said and think similarly!

Still, for the sake of FUN, let’s go further down the rabbit hole a bit more!

I think there is an important distinction in life. That is between what is (aka: our search to understand things as they are/function) and how we think they ought to be (aka: when we play social scientists and think this or that is better for society). Not liking the implications of something doesn’t mean it’s not true.

Now, I agree. I don’t think everything is a social construct. I think (not sure, but inclined towards it -but I don’t want to take this too deep down metaphysics) that there are objective physical realities. In human relations, dna is such a reality. Not everybody is created fully equal. However, dna needs to be largely understood as a ‘range’ of possible expressions, depending on environment. So, there is baseline ‘physical realities’, but most gene expression will be in strong relation to the environment. Dna can actually express itself very differently depending on the environment. All this to say, that I tend to agree that not everything is social construct (barring digging in deeply into metaphysics on nature of reality) but where the line of social construct ends is hard to say. People tend to take social constructs for ‘physical reality’ much more than should be warranted. I think it’s very important to be mindful of this and to keep an open mind on the power of social constructs. It’s easier, I find, to look back at social constructs that we no longer hold but that were once widely held to be ‘physical truths’ to see it. Take for example the treatment of women for most of history (baring the past several decades in the West, a heartbeat really) as PHYSICALLY mentally and temperamentally inferior to mens. Many people still hild those beliefs today. Same for race. Same for many other distinctions once widely held (by well meaning people) as being simple reality. They weren’t. They were social constructs. My point is we need to have great humility in what we think we know and I think the overwhelming trend is that if you treat similar things similarly you will get similar results. I’m sure you agree with all this. My point is that the same applies going forward. Things now at the forefront of the ‘culture wars’ and that many take for granted (such as gender roles prescribed by nature) are largely social constructs. I’m a liberal because I fundamentally believe in people’s individual dignity. I think the genetic base of people is very similar and so we create alot more distinctions than are ‘objectively’ warranted. Most distinctions will be the result of social constructs and pointing that out and trying to undo injustices caused by it is valid.

Now, social cohesion and the wisdom of tradition. I agree that both are valid. Actually, I think they are central to the humens. Our brains didn’t evolve to contemplate physics. Our brains evolved as means to achieve complex social arrangements, and acquiring language was transformative. Our brains are to a large extent wired to process stories, not facts. Being mindful of that is also important. It cuts both ways. We must respect what we are and give due regard for stories’ fundamental role in humen interaction and understanding. We are to some large extent meme transmitting machines. But, we also have capacity for reason. A quirky side effect of the way our brains evolved. We can reason. Sometimes. Underneath all that. I think the danger in tradition is that it holds things dogmatically. It gives comfort by purporting to ‘tell it like it is’, but it’s a false comfort as the premises need to be constantly re-evaluated.

In my perfect world, people are cognizant of the deeply relative nature of things and, accepting that, decide to hold discussions on how they wish to shape the world -what narratives they wish to build- free of dogma. There is fantastic freedom in relativism. The absence of objective imperatives means you can construct your world, to a large extent. There is also danger in that. People may feel they lose their bearings. We need macbeth to tell good stories about how we can take wisdom from the past, knowledge of our vast amounts of freedom and decide to shape a better/fairer/more rational world. Maybe not a great meme, I’d make a terrible politician, but I tend to give people credit. People can handle more than we may think. Getting them to question pre-conceived notions is a big part of that.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #515 by Dog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:18 am

Of course, I say ‘freedom’ as a manner of speach. We are all likely automata with neurons firing as per laws of physics (much like billiard balls). My billard balls arrange themselves in such a way, however, to tell me that other people’s billard balls probably aren’t ready to deal with that. So I try not to tell too many people.

:danson:
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #516 by Mufasa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:47 am

TittiesNBeer wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:
Yup threads on a message board are making them win and lose.

I believe that as much as I believe in the flying spaghetti monster.

You are such a boor, mate.

Tellement relou...
Meh

i did the who makes the threads (and when they are made) effects the outcome schtick.years ago.

You need to get new material....

And im the boor?

It's impossible to be this clueless!
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #517 by Macbeth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Mufasa wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:
Macbeth wrote:You are such a boor, mate.

Tellement relou...
Meh

i did the who makes the threads (and when they are made) effects the outcome schtick.years ago.

You need to get new material....

And im the boor?

It's impossible to be this clueless!

Des fois je me dis que HS avait raison. :mkbét:
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 31 times
Received rep: 254 times

Post #518 by Craig » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:35 pm

I mean, we banned the turd for a reason.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #519 by Craig » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Well, AD did.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #520 by Mufasa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Craig wrote:I mean, we banned the turd for a reason.

We didn't ban him for being clueless, we banned him because we couldn't have a simple conversation without him spamming us with pointless posting.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #521 by Craig » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:42 pm

Don't tell AD why he banned someone. :colbert:
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #522 by Mufasa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Also it almost felt like he was in psychosis.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 432 times
Received rep: 217 times

Post #523 by TittiesNBeer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:08 pm

This is what I'm talking about when I say you are vindictive and basically a fucking asshole.

Other people can joke around. You just decide to be a fucking douchebag, and I'm not even sure why.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #524 by Craig » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:10 pm

looool.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #525 by Dog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Jerks.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #526 by Dog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:49 pm

We need a broads workplace anti-harassment policy!
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #527 by Slick Nick » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:13 pm

It was a good post Doug. I would have answered if I didn't spent the last 10 hours writing secondaire 2 level nonsense on Habermas and his discours ethics... of which I apparently haven't understood a single word.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #528 by Slick Nick » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:58 pm

In other news, litecoin is now worth 155$.. mumu just doubled his profit in the last 24 hours.

:musturbette:

7 x 155 = 1085US = 1 395CAD - 90 for electicity.. 1300$ a month in da pocket .. pretty good hustle my dude
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #529 by Mufasa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:05 am

Slick Nick wrote:In other news, litecoin is now worth 155$.. mumu just doubled his profit in the last 24 hours.

7 x 155 = 1085US = 1 395CAD - 90 for electicity.. 1300$ a month in da pocket .. pretty good hustle my dude

I sold it back to the guy who sold it to me. I have 9 litecoins.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #530 by Slick Nick » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:27 am

Mufasa wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:In other news, litecoin is now worth 155$.. mumu just doubled his profit in the last 24 hours.

You're going to hold them or what?
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #531 by Macbeth » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:08 am

TittiesNBeer wrote:

This is what I'm talking about when I say you are vindictive and basically a fucking asshole.

Other people can joke around. You just decide to be a fucking douchebag, and I'm not even sure why.

You will probly never understand this but the reason why so many people pick on you is because you're a dense prick.

Most people here like you just fine, but when you can't hear the music, you stick out like a sore fucking thumb.

Keep thinking people who have a bone to pick with you are the assholes, I'm sure that's served you well.

That said, I do hope you stick around and keep pok toking.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #532 by Mufasa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Don't know yet, i'd like to clear my little debts with it.
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #533 by Macbeth » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:08 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Don't know yet, i'd like to clear my little debts with it.

I've just met my first humens who owns ONE bitcoin.

I was excited as fuck.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #534 by TittiesNBeer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Here is the part i'm not understanding.

Can you sell half a bit coin? or do you have to transfer full units?

Cause one full unit, valued at $17,000 or whatever the fuck it is.... thats kind of impractical to use as a currency to spend on goods and services.

As far as i understand you have to work with integers of bit coin, and can't break it down into fractions.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #535 by Mufasa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:16 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:Here is the part i'm not understanding.

Cause one full unit, valued at $17,000 or whatever the fuck it is.... thats kind of impractical to use as a currency to spend on goods and services.

As far as i understand you have to work with integers of bit coin, and can't break it down into fractions.

You can sell tiny factions of it.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #536 by TittiesNBeer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Mufasa wrote:

Ok, that makes more sense.

I thought because it was a code of digits based on solving complex equations, you wouldn't be able to sell it off in smaller pieces.... but if you can then it makes more sense.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #537 by Mufasa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:19 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Ok, that makes more sense.

I thought because it was a code of digits based on solving complex equations, you wouldn't be able to sell it off in smaller pieces.... but if you can then it makes more sense.

You actually trade it or sell for equal value, so actual bitcoins are rarely traded, unless it's a huge transaction where many bitcoins are traded.
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #538 by Macbeth » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:20 pm

But why would you sell bitcoins.

You fucking own BITCOINS.

''Everybody needs money! That's why they call it money!''
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #539 by Mufasa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:22 pm

Everybody should sell bitcoins, holding to it is a disaster in the making. C'est le bug de l'an 2000 de 2017. It's going to crash hard.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #540 by Mufasa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Also i'm happy Byron is not on the first line anymore, he doesn't help his line mates, he use his speed and scores on rebound, but really he could have the same productive output on any line. Andrew Shaw has way more of a hockey IQ, he's gonna be good with Drouin and Galchenyuk.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #541 by Dog » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Mufasa wrote:Everybody should sell bitcoins, holding to it is a disaster in the making. C'est le bug de l'an 2000 de 2017. It's going to crash hard.

It’s neither a usable currency nor is it a good store of value (as it’s too volatile). Right now, it’s good for speculating and laundering money. Maybe the tech is promising. Maybe it will have useful applications down the line. Too early to tell and the right approach to a bet on the tech would be to buy shares of companies that own the IP, not buying coins. It certainly feels like a bubble, but bubbles can last some time.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #542 by Slick Nick » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:16 pm

a friend of mine bought 6btc for 12 000$ cash from an old dude in Outremont 6 months ago.. sold 1btc at 15 000$ and is keeping the rest hoping it will go in the 100ks.
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #543 by Macbeth » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Mufasa wrote:Also i'm happy Byron is not on the first line anymore, he doesn't help his line mates, he use his speed and scores on rebound, but really he could have the same productive output on any line. Andrew Shaw has way more of a hockey IQ, he's gonna be good with Drouin and Galchenyuk.

Ça va être une bonne game.

Connard et Kim Tullibatte incapable d'arrêter un ballon de plage.

ON VA D'ÊTRE BIIIIIN
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #544 by Mufasa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Connard Magané à la fin de la game.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #545 by Mufasa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:35 pm

Do you guys realize that Beregovin might have been right when he said our d were better than last season?
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #546 by Mufasa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Gonna watch this game, Drouin vs Magnavid, let's see who's the player of a generation!
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #547 by Mufasa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:39 pm

DLR isn't playing? FRAISE is?!?
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #548 by Macbeth » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Mufasa wrote:DLR isn't playing? FRAISE is?!?

We know why we lost.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #549 by Slick Nick » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:30 am

Guys I don't think you fully appreciate how much the blockchain will change our lives in the near future. I say this with mixed feelings, because I'm not a big fan of technologies and think that technology is ruining many aspects of our lives..

To fully understand it's implications you need to understand

a) what a blockchain is : a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography.[1][6] Each block typically contains a hash pointer as a link to a previous block,[6] a timestamp and transaction data.[7] By design, blockchains are inherently resistant to modification of the data.

b) what smart contracts are : self-executing contracts with the terms of the contract between buyer and seller directly written into lines of code. So let's say you want to buy something, the transaction is sent on the blockchain, the blockchain then launches a smart contract to verifiy your credit score. If you have good credit, the transaction is processed, if not, the transaction is rejected.

c) crosschain swaps: The problem of atomic cross-chain trading is one where (at least) two parties, Alice and Bob, own coins in separate cryptocurrencies, and want to exchange them without having to trust a third party (centralized exchange).

Now think that any sort of data can be stored on a blockchain. This means that in the future, there will be a blockchain for pretty much everything you can think of, and all of them will have the ability to talk to each other by launching smart contracts.

Your identity will be stored on the block chain. Financial, criminal, health, scolarity, insurance, property, name it.

Think about buying a house: You buy the house, so a smart contact is launched to your bank, it launches a smart contact to check your credit score and determines the monthly mortgage, a smart contract is launched to transfer your insurance, a smart contract is launched to transfer your civic address, hydro and parking spot, another one is launched and you receive all the documents of your new property, etc. all of it in matter if minutes without the load of paperwork that comes with it.

Basically, what it will do is to connect all the databases ever created under the some kind of protocol. It's like the automation of data.

Think of anything, let's say travel... you'll have a digital passport with some sort of biometrics. You will simply walk through a gate with a camera that will authenticate you and launch a contract to the airline tickets blockchain, if both match, you are able to walk, if one of these two is refused, the gate is closed. You will have reward points on another blockchain and it will give you the choice to either have a 10% discount at the duty free or a coupon for free fries at BK. Your luggage will be on a blockchain. Your extra wine of glass will be on a blockchain. You will swap currencies on the blockchain at the airport. Your driverless cab credit will be on another one, and your hotel room as well. Your ranking of the hotel room too. Your pay per minute view Netflix will be on a chain, your internet bill, your cellphone. If you get sick, your medical record will be on one.

Think about your taxes: every past tax declaration you've made will be on a chain, it'll launch a smart contract to your employer, to the city, to your investment fund, etc..

Take a minute to think about it...
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 407 times
Received rep: 547 times

Post #550 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:34 am

Also, let's keep this thread about Galchenyuk's on-ice performance, development and value and NOT bring in his personal life or race.

Return to “The Beautiful Mens and the Whore From Smolensk”