Dog containment thread

And some artists..
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1200 times
Received rep: 745 times

Dog containment thread

Post #1 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 1:43 am

This thread was not created by my free will nor can it be destroyed by yours (Banes), it was always meant to be and deleting it could create severe consequences for the universe as a whole. Plus it took me like 10 minutes to make the pic.

The purpose of this thread is to minimize the impacts of Dog's excessive curiosity and lack of social inhibition, but also to post stuff that we would not normally pollute the other threads with. Feel free to post news, videos, music, questions, 5 FEET LONG STORIES ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN AND WIFE AND THE INTERPRETATION OF THEREOF, philosophical thoughts, Bikor and Grèg related sarcasm, blockchain related nonsense and whatever you feel like posting.
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Re: Dog containment thread and random noises

Post #2 by Macbeth » Tue May 08, 2018 2:14 am

I'm peeved that I'm this little blond-haire bitch in your painted scenario.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #3 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 2:49 am

Dog wrote:If there is such a "intemporal/immaterial" something, why is it affected by what happens to your brain?

The reality, the immaterial, is not affected, the perception of it is. Just like when you're depressed, the world around you still enjoys itself, only your malfunctioning brain can't enjoy it.

Where is it when it's not there?

It's still there, just in a damaged form or resting. What we really are, and the perception of it are two different things. What we see and what we feel are our brains interpreting the being around us, changing colors, perspectives, wave lengths and whatnot into pictures, sounds and data to make us function. Could it be that other interpretations of environment could exist? Those that we have not evolved to perceive?

Where is it when it's not there? Seems to me much more likely that it's just the brain, operating under cause and effect like everything else in the macroscopic world and consciousness is just a feeling we sometimes (a subjective awareness) get when some dense neural nodes get activated. neurospy studies do show that actions that people report having "freely decided" originated before they had consciousness of it

'm saying the God argument and the Free Will argument is ultimately the same. We equate consciousness with free will because that's how we feel. If consciousness is just a passive feeling, then it's not free will.

I'm not sure I understand this to the full extent. You suggest that our actions are determined but the interpretation of those actions is not? Like I stab myself in the eye is determined but my enjoyment of the action I have no control on is not? And how does it make any sense that we have power over our thoughts but not the beneficiary of the same thoughts? If I didn't enjoy the action of stabbing my first eye, do I still get to stab my second eye, or the consequence of stabbing my first eye out has somehow given me the power to not stab my second eye because it was not so enjoyable (what is apprentissage vicariant).

It also strikes me how Darwinism functions in the same manner, everything is predetermined yet evolution works in trials and errors.

physics can certainly disprove certain falsifiable claims. to the dude's point, a particle travelling faster than speed of light would experience a reversal of cause and effect (it would arrive before it leaves). It would travel backwards in time. If time is a 2 way street, there can be no free will. For free will to be possible, the future must be undetermined. It must be something "new" that doesn't exist. this is exactly what the dude is arguing (ie. he's trying to keep the future open in his book as the majority/consensus view is that space-time is a block and the unidirectional arrow of time that we experience is simply a by-product of entropy and not a fundamental law). Relativity is real and produces both time and spacial dilation. Observers in different states of motion will disagree on the simultaneity of events. The sequence of events does not occur the same for all observers. Something going faster than light would experience things "in reverse order".

Again, things in the quantum world don't work in our world. How do you apply waves/matter thing in our world, and if you don't, why then do you only selectively pick laws that help your initial idea? If one doesn't make sense, why does the other?

quantum physics is the most successful (ie. predictive) theory in physics history. it explains everything, except for gravity (in a theory that has been validated by experiment or observation). the probabilistic nature of the quantum world is fundamental. The "stickiness" of the macro world is a consequence of quantum probabilities being skewed towards one outcome (fundamentally because their interactions limits their possible energy states). Greg is very unlikely to end up in Nepal in the next instant, but that is not impossible just incredibly unlikely.

It's been the most successful theory to explain the little world, yet it can't explain why gravity exists or why free will exists. Maybe it was never meant to explain either, and that different modes of being apply to different modes of existence.

All this to say, that you can't philosophize without taking science into account.

I don't, I'm really open to know.

The goal is to understand the world. As honestly as possible. Not to mention that neuropsychology (the mapping of brain connections) is more direct and some of the findings have been troubling for free will.

I don't expect or want you to believe in anything I say, I'm not proselytizing. I'm simply asking you to not call people retards because they believe, through logical/ontological/metaphisical, tradition, the unexplained or the mystical, that a universe with it's own purpose is a possibility.

But somebody that searches has to really try to just follow the evidence available and make educated guesses based on probability (ie. the strength of underlying evidence). Some things you'll be more sure of than others. You have to be very careful to check biases and "wishes", to the extent possible

I will when the day we attain that kind of knowledge, pretending that we already have reached this point might also have do with biases and "wishes" on your behalf.

Again, I'm very happy to have those talks and I will read upon the subject as I'm really interested and feel very ill equipped to face all of your arguments... and I know I'm in the easy chair pointing at might be's...
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #4 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 2:54 am

Macbeth wrote:I'm peeved that I'm this little blond-haire bitch in your painted scenario.

T'aimerias tu mieux avoir la jaunisse et ressembler Zhizjzek comme mumu?

I didn't know where to put Artie at first so I forgot about him... I might edit the picture, but I'm russian.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #5 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 3:03 am

Did you at least like that I strategically put Bikor between you and mu?
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #6 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 3:28 am

Dong dans le ciel.

Grèg qui s'aime pas.

LC en train de boire en arrière plan.

ZNK au seuil de la mort.

PPJ qui fit un deal de juif en arrière plan.

Tardé et Sliqué qui font de la thélépathie d'immigrés.

Banes à la chevelure soyeuse.

McPhee et sa sagesse.

Dog au pied des illuminés.

LW et Bikor séparés par plusieurs hommes.

Mumu le Zhjek

Moi j'ai du fun en tous cas.

:colbert:
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #7 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 3:29 am

Slick Nick wrote:Dong dans le ciel.

Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 42 times
Received rep: 440 times

Post #8 by Craig » Tue May 08, 2018 3:58 am

Who the fuck is waveT?
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #9 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 3:58 am

Craig wrote:Who the fuck is waveT?

Cooking fellah with a bad camera
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #10 by Craig » Tue May 08, 2018 4:02 am

Oh, right.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #11 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 5:07 am

Good lord, is that the world acclaimed Sam Harris aligning a series of utterly stupid arguments to disprove free will?

It was so bad I had to stop it after 45 minutes...

Next in line was Peterson's take:

Humans have evolved to the point of having the ability to project in/predict the future and thus can act upon it before it takes place.

Thanks Jordan.

Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1929 times
Received rep: 1286 times

Post #12 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 7:15 am

Slick Nick wrote:Feel free to post news, videos, music, questions, blockchain related nonsense and whatever you feel like posting.

Wtf? I don’t want this shit polluting my containment thread. We’ll run a tight ship in here. Post your shit elsewhere.

:crossarms:
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #13 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 7:39 am

Slique, I’ve never read Sam Harris or the militant bunch. Don’t like their style. Daniel Dennet is pretty ace on free will and consciousness. A little book by OUP on the subject is what iniatially got me going: https://global.oup.com/academic/product ... g=en&cc=ca. That whole collection is generally very good, as I’ve mentionned before.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 275 times
Received rep: 455 times

Post #14 by Twitter bArt » Tue May 08, 2018 8:09 am

There are those who think that life
Has nothing left to chance
With a host of holy horrors
To direct our aimless dance

A planet of playthings
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive
“The stars aren’t aligned –
Or the gods are malign”
Blame is better to give than receive

You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that’s clear
I will choose free will.

There are those who think that
They were dealt a losing hand
The cards were stacked against them
They weren’t born in Lotus-Land.

All pre-ordained
A prisoner in chains
A victim of venomous fate
Kicked in the face
You can’t pray for a place
In Heaven’s unearthly estate

Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt
That’s far too fleet…
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #15 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 8:46 am

Slick Nick wrote:The reality, the immaterial, is not affected, the perception of it is. Just like when you're depressed, the world around you still enjoys itself, only your malfunctioning brain can't enjoy it.

But “you” would be that immaterial thing, which has consciousness. How is that immaterial thing affected by being drunk? If “you” (basically your consciousness) is not immaterial but rooted in neuron exchanges, then it very much is in the purview of science. It would be subjected to the same forces as those that act on all other matter. You need “immaterial”/outside of the laws of physics governing all other forms of matter and energy to have free will. Your consciousness would be that immaterial thing that acts “independently” of cause and effect. You would see through the eyes of that immaterial thing. But, oddly, the evidence seems to suggest tou see through the workings of your brain and if you touch the brain, you change the conscious experience. This whole thing basically boils down to “does the physical workings of the brain create some sort of immaterial entity that is independent/outside physics and not governed by cause and effect? That’s possible, but seems unlikely. Humens have a long history of thinking they hold a priviledged place in the universe only to find out they are just like everything else. To me, the evidence points to a physical brain with consciousness a “feeling” it generates at times. But, that’s an educated guess. Just trying to base beliefs on best available knowledge. Happy to change my views as we make new discoveries (or I learn more). I often do. It’s really just about basing beliefs on best info. What’s more probable given the available info.

Slick Nick wrote:It's still there, just in a damaged form or resting. What we really are, and the perception of it are two different things. What we see and what we feel are our brains interpreting the being around us, changing colors, perspectives, wave lengths and whatnot into pictures, sounds and data to make us function. Could it be that other interpretations of environment could exist? Those that we have not evolved to perceive?

The ontological nature of reality and knowledge is interesting. Ultimately, we are limited to our senses and our ability to make sense of the input it captures. Is there stuff outside our reach to observer and/or comprehend. That’s very likely. Therefore I think you have two choices: be agnostic about everything or base your beliefs on best knowledge with the mental caveat that you don’t have the full picture. What you shouldn’t do, rationally, is take the opportunity to believe whatever you want, even if unsupported.

Slick Nick wrote:I'm not sure I understand this to the full extent. You suggest that our actions are determined but the interpretation of those actions is not? Like I stab myself in the eye is determined but my enjoyment of the action I have no control on is not? And how does it make any sense that we have power over our thoughts but not the beneficiary of the same thoughts? If I didn't enjoy the action of stabbing my first eye, do I still get to stab my second eye, or the consequence of stabbing my first eye out has somehow given me the power to not stab my second eye because it was not so enjoyable (what is apprentissage vicariant).

It also strikes me how Darwinism functions in the same manner, everything is predetermined yet evolution works in trials and errors.

Control over anything may be an illusion. It seems counter-instinctive as heck and against elementary common sense, but so is most of what we discover about the world. Evolution is counter-intuitive as fuck. Relativity is counter-intuitive as fuck. Quantum physics is counter-intuitive as fuck. Yet, here we are. The world’s weird as fuck.

Slick Nick wrote:Again, things in the quantum world don't work in our world. How do you apply waves/matter thing in our world, and if you don't, why then do you only selectively pick laws that help your initial idea? If one doesn't make sense, why does the other?

1) I’m not basing my argument on quantum physics and 2) quantum physics explains the macro world. The incompatibility is in the calculations of general relativity (which require a “smooth” spacetime continuum and the quantum equations (which divide everthing up into little packets (quanta)). There are theoretical unifiers (such as super string theory), but those aren’t/can’t wholly be validated experimentally. Relativity also took decades to validate experimentally, though.

My argument is based on:
1) cosmology (the “shape” of the universe). The dominant view is of a “block universe” where past and future all exist on equal footing and our unidirectional experience of time is an illusion created by enthropy. This is not derived from quantum, but from general relativity. 4D spacetime with 3 spatial coordinates and 1 temporal. Coordinates. Space and time stretch, shrink, observers at different speeds disagree on the size of things and on the time of events. Space and time is relative to the speed of the observer and the speed of the observer is determined by gravity. Gravity is the same as acceleration. Matter distorts spacetime (creates gravity). Time exists in that distortion. Undistorted spacetime is timeless. Massless particles experience no time. Particles interracting with the fabric of spacetime create “matter”. It’s like an entanglement of energy. That gives a curvature to spacetime. Particles will loop into that curvature. They will take “longer” to get from A to B than particles not affected by the curvature. Time for the accelerated particle (the one affected by gravity) will be slower from time of the non accelerated particle.

Physics seems to be, fundamentally, about complicated geometry. Space and time are the same “thing” (that field) and both are variable as the field stretches and shrinks locally. Therefore, time is not absolute. It’s not this steady ticking thing we perceive. Past and future is all there in the fabric, the same as left and right. We are experiencing unidirectionality of time because our everyday world is travelling at same speed as us (to our perception -stuff like satellites need to have their time and location adjusted for relativistic effects to sink up with time and space condictions on earth). That’s just because our sense are limited. They’ve actually measured that something 74 feet in the air experiences time faster than on the floor of the earth. Less gravity pull, less time. Time and space is only constant for observers at same speed (under the same gravitational effects. There is no fundamental law that gives time consistency. Past and future appear to be coordinate points in a 4D block that constantly gets deformed. It all exists. The future exists. The past exists. The unidirectional flow of time is an illusion created by our experiencing the entropy of the universe. If physics puts past and future on an equal footing, then there can’t be a free will.

2) cognitive neuroscience. As stated, experiments (but its still early days in mapping brain processes) seem to show origination of action before conscious awareness even when the subjects claim they “freely decided”.

None of this is “for sure”, of course. We are still missing too many pieces of the puzzle. For instance, the big bang theory and entropy require very specific “starting conditions” for our universe. Tweek the parameters ever so slightly and you don’t get inflation in such a manner that matter can gel and you need extreme orderliness at the begining for entropy to not be done yet. Our universe seems to have finely tuned conditions (of infinitely small probability of happening randomly and landing on thise initial conditions). But that supposes ours is the only universe or iteration of one. Universes can be popping in and out of existence all the time with ours, by definition, being one where matter gelled and life formed. Evolution is unlikely to yield me too, just so happens it happens to have otherwise I wouldn’t be here and there is no sign that evolution is directed. Same for the universe. Based on current knowledge, the posibility that free will doesn’t exist is very real.
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 563 times
Received rep: 955 times

Post #16 by Mufasa » Tue May 08, 2018 10:15 am

Dog wrote:Slique, I’ve never read Sam Harris or the militant bunch. Don’t like their style. Daniel Dennet is pretty ace on free will and consciousness. A little book by OUP on the subject is what iniatially got me going: https://global.oup.com/academic/product ... g=en&cc=ca. That whole collection is generally very good, as I’ve mentionned before.

Please don't read Sam Harris or Jordan Peterson.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #17 by Mufasa » Tue May 08, 2018 10:30 am

BTW, there is no free will, it's only a creation of mens who got lost in their own pride. If there is no God there is no free will.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #18 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 10:37 am

Had a long ass post above, per usual. But basically, if past and future are the same as left and right, then unidirectionality of time is not fundamental. If the future already exists, then the universe is deterministic. The religious physics guy I’m reading is arguing against the dominant view. He’s claiming that “new time” (ie. the future) is being made. That “now” is the frontier of spacetime, heading into the previously non existing. To do so, he has to “reinterpret” a bunch of pretty established principles and still it doesn’t invalidate cause and effect. It’s still reliant on belief of the metaphysical -things that exist outside physics. Maybe, but nothing indicates it. It’s a faith proposition. He claims that a wholly materialistic view of the world is as well. I don’t agree. We can just go on what we can gather. From what we can gather, there is no “non physical” phenemenon in our universe. If/when the’ll be, it would be reasonable to believe it. He claims stuff like the existence of irrational/imaginary numbers (needed to describe physical phenomenon, such as pi or square root of 2) are example of “extraphysical” realities. I disagree. They are abstractions (not physical realities) used to describe natural phenomenon. Abstractions, like ideas, imagination, etc, aren’t “extra-physical”. They ate generated by neuron exchanges that have evolved the capacity to evaluate potential outcomes and chose one. That doesn’t imply that other outcomes are possible, just that they are unknown to the entity. From the entity’s point of view, such for evaluation ability could evolve even in a deterministic world. For starters, much of our decisions, choices we make, are taken completely subconsciously. Evaluation and decision without consciousness. Much like many other animals do.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #19 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 10:37 am

Mufasa wrote:BTW, there is no free will, it's only a creation of mens who got lost in their own pride. If there is no God there is no free will.

You’re depressing.

:danson:
AD
Has given rep: 738 times
Received rep: 858 times

Post #20 by AD » Tue May 08, 2018 10:39 am

Nickolai. How is this thread different the the HabsL errybody meh, thread?

And why shouldn't it be merged?

Edit: cool picture by the way
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #21 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 10:45 am

AD wrote:Nickolai. How is this thread different the the HabsL errybody meh, thread?

This thread, as I understand it, is to be limited to interesting stuff.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #22 by Mufasa » Tue May 08, 2018 10:47 am

Dog wrote:
Mufasa wrote:BTW, there is no free will, it's only a creation of mens who got lost in their own pride. If there is no God there is no free will.

You’re depressing.

THERE IS ONLY WILL TO POWER.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #23 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 10:53 am

I once had a thought, which I posted here, that perhaps it is precisely that evolved ability to decouple thought from the concrete -to make abstractions- that gives us the feeling of consciousness. Our minds evolved the ability for abstraction. To “remove” itself from the concrete in order to play around with concepts. That decoupling could perhaps explain why we feel “apart” when consciousness is triggered. As mentionned, consciousness is not always triggered. We do most things subconsciously. However, when we do things that require abstraction that mental decoupling could create the feeling of subjective experience (akin to feeling apart / being “awake”). Are we evolving the capacity to “decouple” from physical reactions? Not impossible. I think it’s more likely that it’s a side effect. A funny feeling we get as a consequence of an automatic mental process.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #24 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 10:54 am

Mufasa wrote:
Dog wrote:

You’re depressing.

THERE IS ONLY WILL TO POWER.

From the way you describe it, I think I may be a reincarnation of Nietzsche. WILL TO POWER!!!
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #25 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 11:43 am

AD wrote:Nickolai. How is this thread different the the HabsL errybody meh, thread?

This thread is meant to be even worse than others, if it's really not worth posting anywhere, you post it here...
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #26 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 11:50 am

Dog wrote:But “you” would be that immater--

I'll get back at you later in time when the script says I should be... or maybe I wont, I don't know the script. It will be a surprise for both.

:hillary:
Not
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 242 times
Received rep: 155 times

Post #27 by Not » Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 pm

We should ban Dog from this thread
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #28 by Craig » Tue May 08, 2018 12:08 pm

The meh thread is the last one I want to derail with Dog's oddest of odd manifestation of a midlife crisis.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 275 times
Received rep: 455 times

Post #29 by Twitter bArt » Tue May 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Geddy Lee Disagrees
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #30 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 1:22 pm

It’s not a crisis. This is just my normal way of being, greg.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #31 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 1:22 pm

:why:
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 571 times
Received rep: 322 times

Post #32 by TittiesNBeer » Tue May 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Dog wrote:It’s not a crisis. This is just my normal way of being, greg.

Does that shrink you sent your daughter too also deal with middle aged men? I think the universe is telling you that it is your destiny to get your own assessment.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #33 by Craig » Tue May 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Nah, you weren't always like this. You'll get over it in a year or two.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #34 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 1:33 pm

Craig wrote:

I was. I get crazy hyperfocus on whatever tickles my fancy. Always have.

On the physics stuff, it’s not nurtured by existantial angst. I don’t have any existential angst. It’s really just curiosity about how it works/what it is. I have a few subjects like this that I periodically push my reading/reflexions on. Sorta like a rotation.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #35 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 1:39 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:

Does that shrink you sent your daughter too also deal with middle aged men? I think the universe is telling you that it is your destiny to get your own assessment.

She had 6 meetings with her and the psy said she didn’t need more. Said she was a ball of energy and curiosity that had trouble containing herself. Said she’ll always be that way but as she matures she’ll be able to control herself better. Said she was a smart and happy kid that was overly controlling and will have to teach her to let stuff go/control her reactions. That was that. A nothing burger. She’s basically just very intense.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #36 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Dog wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:

She had 6 meetings with her and the psy said she didn’t need more. Said she was a ball of energy and curiosity that had trouble containing herself. Said she’ll always be that way but as she matures she’ll be able to control herself better. Said she was a smart and happy kid that was overly controlling and will have to teach her to let stuff go/control her reactions. That was that. A nothing burger. She’s basically just very intense.

There was never a real problem to beggin with..

Also, this is clearly a Meh post.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #37 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
Dog wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:

The problem is that that level of intensity is tough to manage. For her and us. I like her, though. She’s really cool.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #38 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Dog wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
Dog wrote:

The problem is that that level of intensity is tough to manage. For her and us. I like her, though. She’s really cool.

I think you have an heureux problème :)
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 571 times
Received rep: 322 times

Post #39 by TittiesNBeer » Tue May 08, 2018 2:00 pm

Dog wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:

I wasn't suggesting more meetings for your daughter.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #40 by Slick Nick » Tue May 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Slick Nick wrote:Humans have evolved to the point of having the ability to project in/predict the future and thus can act upon it before it takes place.

Thanks Jordan.

It's an interesting take, it explains why species that evolved to better predict the future are also better at managing it.. while in mens, one could argue that the single best predictor of success is the ability to project into the future and make sacrifices in the present to reap rewards in the future.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #41 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:Humans have evolved to the point of having the ability to project in/predict the future and thus can act upon it before it takes place.

Thanks Jordan.

It's an interesting take, it explains why species that evolved to better predict the future are also better at managing it.. while in mens, one could argue that the single best predictor of success is the ability to project into the future and make sacrifices in the present to reap rewards in the future.

But the fact that humens (and other animals) can evaluate different potential outcomes and choose a course of action does not mean the universe is not deterministic. Beings can simply have evolved the ability to “read” cause and effect clues. It can all be “automatic”. Computers, without consciousness, can do the same.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #42 by Craig » Tue May 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Dog wrote:
Craig wrote:

I was. I get crazy hyperfocus on whatever tickles my fancy. Always have.

On the physics stuff, it’s not nurtured by existantial angst. I don’t have any existential angst. It’s really just curiosity about how it works/what it is. I have a few subjects like this that I periodically push my reading/reflexions on. Sorta like a rotation.

I meant you didn't always spew your random thoughts all over the rest of us. You used to have some self control.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #43 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 pm

I’m pretty sure I’ve always spewed all over you guys, greg.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #44 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Remember when I got a baby? Remember when I got a car? Remember when I got a frying pan? Remember when I got into investing? Pensions? Movies? My daughter? Physics?

This is the dog you know and love, greg!
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 653 times
Received rep: 598 times

Post #45 by Macbeth » Tue May 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
Macbeth wrote:I'm peeved that I'm this little blond-haire bitch in your painted scenario.

T'aimerias tu mieux avoir la jaunisse et ressembler Zhizjzek comme mumu?

Crissement.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #46 by Mufasa » Tue May 08, 2018 2:42 pm

I look way less like Slajek since i've been lifting and training.

I look like Matt Damon to be honus.

MP
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 164 times
Received rep: 411 times

Post #47 by MP » Tue May 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Slick Nick wrote:

This thread is meant to be even worse than others, if it's really not worth posting anywhere, you post it here...

Oh, I thought this was like a dog park, where we sniff each other's butts...
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #48 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 2:52 pm

You have glasses now, mu?
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #49 by Mufasa » Tue May 08, 2018 2:55 pm

Dog wrote:You have glasses now, mu?

Always had, to watch movies. Astigmate léger.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #50 by Dog » Tue May 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Did you wear contacts to Not’s or did I just never notice?

Return to “The Beautiful Mens and the Whore From Smolensk”