Dog containment thread and random noises

And some artists..
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 516 times
Received rep: 888 times

Re: Dog containment thread and random noises

Post #1801 by Mufasa » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 pm

I just realized that phee might be my online surrogate father.

:stare:
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #1802 by Mufasa » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:45 pm

He might be for all of us.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1088 times
Received rep: 679 times

Post #1803 by Slick Nick » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Dog wrote:On the USSR, I remmeber my hungarian buddy telling me of Russian being mandatory in Hungarian schools.

Is Ottawa forcing english in Quebec schools? Les exoles passerelles are a bottom up demand (not top down). No political authority is pushing english in schools beyond a basic level. The demand is from people (mostly french quebecers) wanting their kids to learn proper english because US and world economy -not because Ottawa is forcing it down their throats.

I'm absolutely in favor of English being thought in Qc.. in fact, I believe immersion year should be compulsory.
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1836 times
Received rep: 1219 times

Post #1804 by Dog » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Mufasa wrote:as long as you are alive I'll pretend to be a federalist.

Careful, this is mcphee you are talking about. That may be forever.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1805 by Slick Nick » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Dog wrote:Okey dokey.

(But it’s not the liberal party of Canada that will protect quebec language and culture, but the provincial government of Quebec that has exclusive jurisdiction on the matter).

Bonjour/hi

mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 170 times
Received rep: 427 times

Post #1806 by mcphee » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:50 pm

Mufasa wrote:I just realized that phee might be my online surrogate father.

:stare:

I'm seeing Claude Rains and Bogey walking together in that final scene.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1807 by Dog » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:51 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
Dog wrote:On the USSR, I remmeber my hungarian buddy telling me of Russian being mandatory in Hungarian schools.

Is Ottawa forcing english in Quebec schools? Les exoles passerelles are a bottom up demand (not top down). No political authority is pushing english in schools beyond a basic level. The demand is from people (mostly french quebecers) wanting their kids to learn proper english because US and world economy -not because Ottawa is forcing it down their throats.

I'm absolutely in favor of English being thought in Qc.. in fact, I believe immersion year should be compulsory.

I’m sure you are. I’m saying there is no political/legal theeat from Ottawa to Quebec’s ability to protect/promote its language.

The most iffy ones (immigration, foreign representation) have seen Quebec gain appreciable rights. I don’t think taking in the balance of immigration rights and more foreign representation is the difference maker. But hey, maybe I’m wrong. These are the areas of federal jurisdiction on which I would focus in if I was trying to make an argument.
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 626 times
Received rep: 554 times

Post #1808 by Macbeth » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:17 am

:why:
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1809 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:20 am

Macbeth wrote::why:

take a position you coward
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #1810 by Macbeth » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:30 am

In favour of, don't mind right now, mucho bothered by PQ's shit-brained old cunts and QS's po-mo wokeness, angered by CAQ's opportunism and cynicism, couldn't fucking care less about the PLQ, absolutely want and hope for a left-leaning guvmint, am trying not to go full Macbeth-pendant-la-grève-étudiante, overall dispirited.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1811 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:33 am

Macbeth wrote:In favour of, don't mind right now, mucho bothered by PQ's shit-brained old cunts and QS's po-mo wokeness, angered by CAQ's opportunism and cynicism, couldn't fucking care less about the PLQ, absolutely want and hope for a left-leaning guvmint, am trying not to go full Macbeth-pendant-la-grève-étudiante, overall dispirited.

forever désillusionné
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #1812 by Macbeth » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:37 am

Slick Nick wrote:
Macbeth wrote:In favour of, don't mind right now, mucho bothered by PQ's shit-brained old cunts and QS's po-mo wokeness, angered by CAQ's opportunism and cynicism, couldn't fucking care less about the PLQ, absolutely want and hope for a left-leaning guvmint, am trying not to go full Macbeth-pendant-la-grève-étudiante, overall dispirited.

forever désillusionné

Genre.

J'aimerais que les forces progressistes se rassemblent, mais ça n'arrivera pas.

Alors je suis niqué.
AD
Has given rep: 706 times
Received rep: 796 times

Post #1813 by AD » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:42 am

Dog wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
Dog wrote:“I don’t know”

“I’ve already shown it a thousand times and will not waste my time naming one or two of the most salient”.

I’m sorry, guys, but be freaking honest (with yourselves first and foremost).

Yes, you are right. Everything is great and couldn't be better. The PLC and PLQ are really the guardians of french language and culture in this beautiful country.

Can we change subjects now?

We can certainly change the subject, but I’ve never in my life got a serious answer out of that question. That’s gotta mean something.

You just did dog. The separatists that are still separatists think it's a question of time and inevitable demographic decline that Canada will go back on the cultural and linguistic protection it gives Quebec.

It is very much a serious answer. I may not believe it but it is very much possible that this happens.
AD

Post #1814 by AD » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:46 am

By the way I agree with Mu and Nick on this.

If you chart a trend, it's obvious Quebec's position in the federation (or at least it's French distinctive position) will inevitably be too small to justify Canada being bilingual.

That's the first thing that will go. Official bilingualism.
AD

Post #1815 by AD » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:01 am

I just don't care
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1816 by Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:19 am

AD wrote:By the way I agree with Mu and Nick on this.

If you chart a trend, it's obvious Quebec's position in the federation (or at least it's French distinctive position) will inevitably be too small to justify Canada being bilingual.

This goes to the distinction between a federation and a unitary system I was addressing earlier.

As you of course know, Quebec holds exclusive jurisdiction in many matters, including culture, civil law and education. Even if Quebec becomes 1% of Canada’s population, it would still hold those powers for itself. Canada works because it is a flexible federation. Canada would bot work as a unitary system.

So, now, we have to look at federal exclusive jurisdictions and see whether any of those there are fundamental differences between Quebec and ROC based on Quebec culture. Foreign policy, defense, IP/bankruptcy, banks, airplanes and trains, inter-provincial trade and foreign tarrifs (needed for a unified internal market -same as EU). Are those things, where Quebec can lose demographic weight, things we have to look at from the prism of “Quebec culture”? I don’t think they are. I think those are questions of political and economic philosophy and on those Montrealers and Torontonians will typically allign more and Sudbury and Rouyn will allign and Repentigny and Scarborough will allign. I see them as political spectrum questions, rather than french canadian vs roc questions. Quebec is somewhere between BC and Ontario (closer to each than BC is to Ontario). The 3 are fairly close, though, and closer to each other than to the prairies. Lots of countries have diverse political spectrum differences accross their regions. This exists to a large extent within Quebec itself (Montreal vs Quebec vs suburbs vs rural).

However, if education became a federal jurisdiction, we have a problem. That’s directly linked to language and culture. Ditto for jurisdiction on culture and civil law.

And if what you guys are worried about is that ROC will amend the constitution to strip away Quebec’s jurisdiction om education and culture -I think that’s a near 0 probbility- even then, what would prevent Quebec from seperating at that point? Demographic changes within Quebec? Would an independant Quebec affect its demigraphic trajectory? How? More Quebec babies and less immigrants? Quebec actually has control over that now! It can turn full inward now. It doesn’t because of internal forces (not all quebecers are “nationalist-identitaires” to that degree) and because of external forces that have nothing to do with Ottawa, they have to do with US lead world markerts and US lead mass culture. That has nothing to do with Otttawa. Quebec can’t pack up and leave. We’d still be part of north america. That reality forces balance on linguistic policies. C’est un equilibre.

So, again, when i push the thinking, I don’t see it.

Tl;dr: quebec already holds all the rights it needs to protect its culture. Checks on that are economic and cultural from the US lead world market, not political threats from Ottawa.
shredz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1527 times
Received rep: 880 times

Post #1817 by shredz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:32 am

It astonishes me that you guys can have a more mature debate then the entire population of the United Shates re: politics.
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 41 times
Received rep: 420 times

Post #1818 by Craig » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:35 am

I think it's kinda ironic that someone can at the same time want an independent Quebec so they can do more do defend their language/culture (especially if you point out language) but also want every student in Quebec to do a year of immersion English. Those two things feel really contradictory to me.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1819 by Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:40 am

Craig wrote:I think it's kinda ironic that someone can at the same time want an independent Quebec so they can do more do defend their language/culture (especially if you point out language) but also want every student in Quebec to do a year of immersion English. Those two things feel really contradictory to me.

It’s a balance that needs to be struck.

“Everybody speaks just french all the time in these borders” and may as well unplug from the world and return to stone age.

“No measures to protect French, just let market forces prevail” and may as well kiss french Canadian/quebecois culture goodbye.

Trick is to find the right balance that will allow you to do both (preserve culture/language while staying integrated and connected with wider north american/world markets and culture).
AD

Post #1820 by AD » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:41 am

Dog wrote:

This goes to the distinction between a federation and a unitary system I was addressing earlier.

As you of course know, Quebec holds exclusive jurisdiction in many matters, including culture, civil law and education. Even if Quebec becomes 1% of Canada’s population, it would still hold those powers for itself. Canada works because it is a flexible federation. Canada would bot work as a unitary system.

So, now, we have to look at federal exclusive jurisdictions and see whether any of those there are fundamental differences between Quebec and ROC based on Quebec culture. Foreign policy, defense, IP/bankruptcy, banks, airplanes and trains, inter-provincial trade and foreign tarrifs (needed for a unified internal market -same as EU). Are those things, where Quebec can lose demographic weight, things we have to look at from the prism of “Quebec culture”? I don’t think they are. I think those are questions of political and economic philosophy and on those Montrealers and Torontonians will typically allign more and Sudbury and Rouyn will allign and Repentigny and Scarborough will allign. I see them as political spectrum questions, rather than french canadian vs roc questions. Quebec is somewhere between BC and Ontario (closer to each than BC is to Ontario). The 3 are fairly close, though, and closer to each other than to the prairies. Lots of countries have diverse political spectrum differences accross their regions. This exists to a large extent within Quebec itself (Montreal vs Quebec vs suburbs vs rural).

However, if education became a federal jurisdiction, we have a problem. That’s directly linked to language and culture. Ditto for jurisdiction on culture and civil law.

And if what you guys are worried about is that ROC will amend the constitution to strip away Quebec’s jurisdiction om education and culture -I think that’s a near 0 probbility- even then, what would prevent Quebec from seperating at that point? Demographic changes within Quebec? Would an independant Quebec affect its demigraphic trajectory? How? More Quebec babies and less immigrants? Quebec actually has control over that now! It can turn full inward now. It doesn’t because of internal forces (not all quebecers are “nationalist-identitaires” to that degree) and because of external forces that have nothing to do with Ottawa, they have to do with US lead world markerts and US lead mass culture. That has nothing to do with Otttawa. Quebec can’t pack up and leave. We’d still be part of north america. That reality forces balance on linguistic policies. C’est un equilibre.

Tl;dr: quebec already holds all the rights it needs to protect its culture. Checks on that are economic and cultural from the US lead world market, not political threats from Ottawa.

Yes demographic changes within Quebec, dog. That's what Bock-Côté is specifically pointing at.

He wants good franco stock to make more babies and new immigrants to be reduced so significantly in numbers that it will allow integration to be more like assimilation. That way the population of Quebec itself won't swerve towards a multicultural have of anglophone diversity.

The reality is that he's right. Over a long enough timeline liberal (and open enough) borders have created a world, or at least a Canada, that is trending towards a diverse multicultural population that feels disconnected with its old French-Quebec roots.

I think thats fine (or at least.. so inevitable its not worth talking about). If you don't think its fine, then being an ethno-nationalist separatist, restricting your borders and promoting natality makes a lot of sense.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1821 by Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 am

AD wrote:
Dog wrote:

Yes demographic changes within Quebec, dog. That's what Bock-Côté is specifically pointing at.

He wants good franco stock to make more babies and new immigrants to be reduced so significantly in numbers that it will allow integration to be more like assimilation. That way the population of Quebec itself won't swerve towards a multicultural have of anglophone diversity.

The reality is that he's right. Over a long enough timeline liberal (and open enough) borders have created a world, or at least a Canada, that is trending towards a diverse multicultural population that feels disconnected with its old French-Quebec roots.

I think thats fine (or at least.. so inevitable its not worth talking about). If you don't think its fine, then being an ethno-nationalist separatist, restricting your borders and promoting natality makes a lot of sense.

Inunderstand what he’s saying and what it ultimately means. That’s why I called that brand of ethno-nationalism morally repugnant and incompatible with any long term balanced harmony (as you will be forcing internal homogeneity and secluding yourself from external heterogeneous forces). It’s backwards and inward. You’ll cut yourself off from the world and die a slow withered death alone. That’s where that leads, if you push and you puah the logic.

Now, most people don’t want that extreme. They want some softer sort of balance. So, in searching for that balance, you have to question statements like “nationalisme-identitaire for its own sake”. If you can’t find good rational arguments to defend what you are preaching, that’s usually a huge red flag that there is a problem in yoir thinkig and you need to dig deeper.
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #1822 by Macbeth » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:04 am

MBC only believes in these ideas insofar it puts butter on his bread.

I once ate in an expensive restaurant with him sitting close by, with coloureds at his table, drinking wine and eating lotsa butter-flavoured dishes, and he was jolly AF.

He writes for a paper that caters to a demo that eats that shit up with a spoon.

It's fear fueled by ignorance, and I know enough people to understand how and why it works as it does.

Now... if MBC was to Steve Bannon himself into a, say, PCQ-led political "revolution" à la Donnie Strumpette, that would be something else entirely.
AD

Post #1823 by AD » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:06 am

Of course. We're talking about the 'ideas' he's colporté-ing. He's probably a perfectly soulless empty jolly fat fuck trying to make a living in this god forsaken hell hole, just like all the rest of us.
AD

Post #1824 by AD » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:08 am

I mean... I implement anti-corruption systems and methods in big corporations... do you think I believe one second in anti-corruption? And I eat and drink wine with coloureds and with honkys and I love it and love them all.
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #1825 by Macbeth » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:12 am

Yes, obviously.

Just wanted to say he was dining with coloureds and had a greasy chin at evening's close.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1826 by Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:31 am

I don’t think quebec ethno-nationalism is race based, at least not MBC’s brand. If you take on the ethnicity’s cultural traits and defend them with the same passion they do, you’re in -they’ll love ya. It’s not skin colour racist at all. It’s ethno racist. And there’s a line. Protection/promoting culture is valid. But when you don’t need something to protect/promote it, you’re probably on the wrong side of the line by pushing it “for its own sake”.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1827 by Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:32 am

AD wrote:I mean... I implement anti-corruption systems and methods in big corporations... do you think I believe one second in anti-corruption? And I eat and drink wine with coloureds and with honkys and I love it and love them all.

I thought you did corruption law.

You know, the same way big firm environmental lawyers do poluting law.

:danson:
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1828 by shredz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:38 am

Trump up next.

shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1829 by shredz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:47 am

He's slurring again.

"Home wegion"

"Infiltrating our broaders"

"Gulsh Cooperation Counchil"
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #1830 by Macbeth » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:20 am

His denture work is terrible for a "billionnaire".
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1831 by Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:52 am

Macbeth wrote:His denture work is terrible for a "billionnaire".

He needs the corrruption opportunities afforded by the presidency to become a billionnaire. Ergo, he can only fix his teef to billionnaire status after his term.
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 41 times
Received rep: 420 times

Post #1832 by Craig » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:54 am

This admin is amazing, because you get so distracted by the treason and the racism you can completely forget things like he never put his assets in a trust before taking office. Which, for anyone else, would probably get them impeached.
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #1833 by Macbeth » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Oh, life. :D
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1834 by shredz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:06 pm

It's bigger.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1835 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Bigger than.
AD

Post #1836 by AD » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 pm

You?
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1837 by shredz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:10 pm

And you are not me.

(Trumps going batshit crazy at the UN screaming about Kav)
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1838 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:28 pm

flâ·neur wrote:And you are not me.

(Trumps going batshit crazy at the UN screaming about Kav)

He went full rectal on China.

:trump: :trump: :trump:
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 170 times
Received rep: 427 times

Post #1839 by mcphee » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:21 pm

He seemed surprised when they laughed at him.

Nothing hurts a bully like laughter
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1840 by shredz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:22 pm

True, maybe inside he did feel it but the narcissist likely believed they were laughing with him.
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1025 times
Received rep: 1004 times

Post #1841 by Retardé S » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Whatever, Trump is gonna nuke them all one day anyway :colbert:.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1842 by Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:25 pm

mcphee wrote:He seemed surprised when they laughed at him.

Nothing hurts a bully like laughter

He’s become that much of a caricature. This is an amazing lesson for our retarded american friends on the limits of naked self interest focused action.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1843 by Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:25 pm

Retardé S wrote:Whatever, Trump is gonna nuke them all one day anyway :colbert:.

More likely is that he’ll be carted off to the loony bin before the end of his term.
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1844 by shredz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Retardé S wrote:Whatever, Trump is gonna nuke them all one day anyway :colbert:.

Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1845 by Retardé S » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Dog wrote:

More likely is that he’ll be carted off to the loony bin before the end of his term.

Or in jail because because of the russian bots and stuff that won him the election.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1846 by Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:46 pm

Retardé S wrote:
Dog wrote:

Or in jail because because of the russian bots and stuff that won him the election.

Unlikely, he’ll plead mental alienation and point to his acts as potus as proof. He’ll get away scot free. The perfect crime.

:wink:
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1847 by shredz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:13 pm

Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1848 by Dog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:27 pm

Good stuff, better than MBC nonesense in any event:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal ... -1.4833739
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #1849 by Mufasa » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:28 pm

I've been reading a bit since the election is coming close, it seems only the PQ knows what they are doing. :why:
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #1850 by Retardé S » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:05 pm

Lisée looks like the most trustworthy one to me

Return to “The Beautiful Mens and the Whore From Smolensk”