Dog containment thread

And some artists..
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1095 times
Received rep: 1098 times

Re: Dog containment thread and random noises

Post #951 by Retardé S » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:29 pm

Spent about one week in Témiscamingue last summer, other than some dude's little brother obsessing about how I looked like Dr. Dre, it was wonderful. Would go back.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1206 times
Received rep: 748 times

Post #952 by Slick Nick » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:39 pm

You look 50 years old breh?
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #953 by Retardé S » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Slick Nick wrote:You look 50 years old breh?

Nah man, I'm an old soul, but I definitely look my age. He was most likely referring to the Dre we all loved.

Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #954 by Retardé S » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:28 pm

The kid had probably never seen a mixed person before, nevermind a real black mens.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #955 by Slick Nick » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Retardé S wrote:The kid had probably never seen a mixed person before, nevermind a real black mens.

You have seen nothing if you havn’t seen La Pologne

http://polandsite.proboards.com/thread/ ... ants-haiti
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #956 by Retardé S » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:34 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
Retardé S wrote:The kid had probably never seen a mixed person before, nevermind a real black mens.

Some of those people look like a lot of elder members of my family from my father's side.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #957 by Retardé S » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:37 pm

Speaking of which, my dad is visiting and I've noticed some concerning signs. He's got lapses in short term memory and some general confusion and seems to be very distracted at times. He's had a car accident recently and was very confused about what happened, says he didn't really remember exactly what he was doing. I'm afraid it's early signs of alzheimer's, hopefully not. He's in his early 50s.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #958 by Slick Nick » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:52 am

Retardé S wrote:Speaking of which, my dad is visiting and I've noticed some concerning signs. He's got lapses in short term memory and some general confusion and seems to be very distracted at times. He's had a car accident recently and was very confused about what happened, says he didn't really remember exactly what he was doing. I'm afraid it's early signs of alzheimer's, hopefully not. He's in his early 50s.

Relax, it's most likely your dad is simply being 50.... I was really unhappy the 2 weeks traveling with the mother, everything took forever and easy things seemed hard. It's really hard on us to see out heroes being challenged with an elevator button, but they're really just slower... not sick.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #959 by Slick Nick » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:11 am

Retardé S wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:

Some of those people look like a lot of elder members of my family from my father's side.

About time you reclaim your Polishood

:trump:
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 176 times
Received rep: 436 times

Post #960 by mcphee » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:25 am

Retardé S wrote:Speaking of which, my dad is visiting and I've noticed some concerning signs. He's got lapses in short term memory and some general confusion and seems to be very distracted at times. He's had a car accident recently and was very confused about what happened, says he didn't really remember exactly what he was doing. I'm afraid it's early signs of alzheimer's, hopefully not. He's in his early 50s.

I’ve had work situations recently where we’ll be working on a project, discussing a product and realise that I’ve dealt with the company 20 years ago, or previously learnt what’s being explained to me. It costs me time, sometimes I have to slow down and arrange context, but not more than the younger guys I work with. It’s almost a trade off.

Your Dad sounds post concussive. He says knowing only what you posted .
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1940 times
Received rep: 1298 times

Post #961 by Dog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:21 pm

There is a normal decline as you age, but 50 is quite young. If it’s sudden and post car accident, a concussion seems a likely culprit. Otherwise stress/tiredness maybe.

My mom has alzheimer's. Diagnosed almost 6 years ago when she was 75. Started slowly and practically indistinguishable from normal decline but we consulted when we started seeing unpaid bills in drawer (my mom is super organized and that would never happen normally), misplaced keys repeatedly, etc. The meds seem to have really had a effect with her, in that her decline was very slow/progressive. Doctors initially said 2 years or so if meds work before the decline accelerate and its been very progressive over the 5-6 years. Her physical abilities have now deteriorated to the point where she needs daily help with most things. We’ve kept her at her house, as per her wish. Arraged for clsc peeps to go help in morn, a porto lady do go keep her company during weekeday and me an my sisters alternate days in which we go have supper with her and help in evening. She’s nearing so low mobility that we may not be able to keep her at home much longer. Cognitively, very slow decline but it seems to have accelerated in past year or so. Her short term memory is now very bad. Long term memory still seems pretty good. Cognitive abilities still very good, haven’t noticed any non memory related confusion. Anywho, the illness is a bitch, but we’ve been lucky in thst her decline has been relatively slow. Still, you look at her today and 6 years ago and it’s night and day (virtually unrecognizable) and her mobility and general condition is very challenging now

For your dad, 50 would be extremely young, early onset is a separate beast. I doubt this is what it is from what you’re saying. Have you noticed changes in behaviour, unpaid bills, mixed up cooking and the like? A Concussion in car accident seems much more likely from your story. Could also be a period of stress.

Regardless, I would still recommend he with a fam member go see his doctor. It will put your minds at ease if there is nothing and if he’s concussed/stressed or something else it’s good to know and act accordingly. I’m sure it’s nothing serious, though, be diligent but don’t worry too much.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #962 by mcphee » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Fuck the doctor Dog. We can handle this. Set up a meeting
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #963 by Retardé S » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:13 pm

Dog wrote:There is a normal decline as you age, but 50 is quite young. If it’s sudden and post car accident, a concussion seems a likely culprit. Otherwise stress/tiredness maybe.

My mom has alzheimer's. Diagnosed almost 6 years ago when she was 75. Started slowly and practically indistinguishable from normal decline but we consulted when we started seeing unpaid bills in drawer (my mom is super organized and that would never happen normally), misplaced keys repeatedly, etc. The meds seem to have really had a effect with her, in that her decline was very slow/progressive. Doctors initially said 2 years or so if meds work before the decline accelerate and its been very progressive over the 5-6 years. Her physical abilities have now deteriorated to the point where she needs daily help with most things. We’ve kept her at her house, as per her wish. Arraged for clsc peeps to go help in morn, a porto lady do go keep her company during weekeday and me an my sisters alternate days in which we go have supper with her and help in evening. She’s nearing so low mobility that we may not be able to keep her at home much longer. Cognitively, very slow decline but it seems to have accelerated in past year or so. Her short term memory is now very bad. Long term memory still seems pretty good. Cognitive abilities still very good, haven’t noticed any non memory related confusion. Anywho, the illness is a bitch, but we’ve been lucky in thst her decline has been relatively slow. Still, you look at her today and 6 years ago and it’s night and day (virtually unrecognizable) and her mobility and general condition is very challenging now

For your dad, 50 would be extremely young, early onset is a separate beast. I doubt this is what it is from what you’re saying. Have you noticed changes in behaviour, unpaid bills, mixed up cooking and the like? A Concussion in car accident seems much more likely from your story. Could also be a period of stress.

Regardless, I would still recommend he with a fam member go see his doctor. It will put your minds at ease if there is nothing and if he’s concussed/stressed or something else it’s good to know and act accordingly. I’m sure it’s nothing serious, though, be diligent but don’t worry too much.

I was noticing these things prior to the accident, I'm talking about 3-4 years ago. I told my mom about it right then (she works with Alzheimer's patients), but she didn't notice the erratic behaviour then. Until this year when she traveled over there for my aunt's funeral, she noticed my dad was "dans la lune" often-- He wasn't engaged while driving, he'd forget things that were just said to him, didn't pay attention when people talked to him. I thought about it being old age decline, but it seems like more like bad episodes of something rather than general decline of memory.

Then he had the accident a couple of weeks ago, mostly the car was damaged thankfully and he said he didn't realize what he was doing until it happened. It seems like he's often deep in his head, and I have to speak loud and slowly to get his attention. It's the kind of thing where he completely forgets what he's doing in the moment and is daydreaming. He noticed I was doing those things, so now he's trying to make a point in doing everything on his own and not asking for help lol. He's a proud mens. I know the passing of my grand ma hit him really hard about 4-5 years ago, I thought about anxiety and depression too. I haven't talked to him about it, but will do later today. Maybe get a fam doctor to send us to a neurologist or summat.

I see two issues: The short term-memory lapses and the distraction. I must say, my grand pa and my dad have always been a bit distracted and so am I, but it feels like its accentuated now for him.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #964 by Dog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Ritalin. You’re welcome.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #965 by Dog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:20 pm

Seriously, doesn’t sound like Alzheimer's from what I know of it. Early onset is very virulent and quick, from what I heard. 3-4 years would not make sense. Distractedness also doesn’t seem to jive. Kinda sounds more like stress/anxiety/depression. Which is also something to talk to his doctor about and get assistance if needed.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #966 by Dog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Do your parants live in Panama or here?
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #967 by Dog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:23 pm

Early 50s seems really early for “normal cognitive decline”. That should still be quite a productive and healthy age. I mean, did we really start seeing anything wrong with mcphee before his 60s? He seemed fine til then.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #968 by Dog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:27 pm

Read somewhere that cognitive ability starts dropping off in like your late30s-early 40s, with the peak agility and speed in like yer 20s, but that it’s not noticeable because you also have more and more knowledge/experience including in long term memory. You’ve “automated” alot of shit that younger ones haven’t yet and their extra computational power gets taken up by stuff you’ve automated and take less time/effort doing. These two (learning and knowledge) keep going in separate directions as you age and at some point in your 60s/70s (some later) the overall ability goes down.

Then, you golf. Right, Not?
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #969 by Retardé S » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Slick Nick wrote:
Retardé S wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:

Nah, I most likely come from Spanish conquistadores shagging African/Inca slaves. :danson:
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #970 by Retardé S » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Dog wrote:Do your parants live in Panama or here?

My mom lives here, but my dad in Panama.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #971 by Retardé S » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Dog wrote:Ritalin. You’re welcome.

:why:
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 80 times
Received rep: 139 times

Post #972 by PPJ » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Dog wrote:Early 50s seems really early for “normal cognitive decline”. That should still be quite a productive and healthy age. I mean, did we really start seeing anything wrong with mcphee before his 60s? He seemed fine til then.

McPhee is actually 37 years old.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #973 by Dog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:50 pm

PPJ wrote:
Dog wrote:Early 50s seems really early for “normal cognitive decline”. That should still be quite a productive and healthy age. I mean, did we really start seeing anything wrong with mcphee before his 60s? He seemed fine til then.

McPhee is actually 37 years old.

The fact that we've started to talk about mcphee while he's in the room as if he doesn't hear/understand anything we say is telling....
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #974 by Retardé S » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:51 pm

Mcphee is clear as can be, I'm mostly worried about Not. The last couple of summers' posts about the habs have been telling.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #975 by Slick Nick » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:07 pm

Retardé S wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
Retardé S wrote:

Nah, I most likely come from Spanish conquistadores shagging African/Inca slaves. :danson:

I will always consider you as my Slavic brother.

I just try to imagine a bunch of potato growers arriving on Hispaniola.. surrounded by palm trees, white sand beaches and voluptuous dark skinned womens.

"fuck your shenanigans Napoleon, we're staying here"

"never going back to Krakow ever"
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #976 by Retardé S » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Maybe that's why I'm trying to build a beach house in the middle of nowhere, to go back to my roots :stare:
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #977 by mcphee » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Retardé S wrote:Maybe that's why I'm trying to build a beach house in the middle of nowhere, to go back to my roots :stare:

Before investing heavily, I feel strongly that a beach house should be near a beach.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #978 by Retardé S » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:26 pm

mcphee wrote:
Retardé S wrote:Maybe that's why I'm trying to build a beach house in the middle of nowhere, to go back to my roots :stare:

Before investing heavily, I feel strongly that a beach house should be near a beach.

I feel strongly it is a beach, no worries 'phees.
Not
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 242 times
Received rep: 157 times

Post #979 by Not » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Retardé S wrote:Mcphee is clear as can be, I'm mostly worried about Not. The last couple of summers' posts about the habs have been telling.

Ignorance is bliss
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #980 by Dog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Retardé S wrote:I'm mostly worried about Not. The last couple of summers' posts about the habs have been telling.

Nah. Not’s always been like that.

Not wrote:Ignorance is bliss

See!
AD
Has given rep: 741 times
Received rep: 866 times

Post #981 by AD » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 am

When are we having lunch dog? I'm still waiting at the restaurant near the hot spring in Budapest.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #982 by Dog » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:47 am

This week? I’m still pretty open, other than tomorrow.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #983 by Dog » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:48 am

Café Stash Café?

Maybe macbeth will come!
AD

Post #984 by AD » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:51 am

Today?
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #985 by Dog » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:03 am

Yeap.

Macbeth, do you mind if I have lunch with AD at our special place?
AD

Post #986 by AD » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:19 am

Lets meet there at noon ok? We'll have some soup, some borsht, some kielbasa, a good sausage and we'll get warm by the fire.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #987 by Dog » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:31 am

Okey dokey.
AD

Post #988 by AD » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:23 am

Great. Mac and I will be waiting for you at the usual table.
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 573 times
Received rep: 959 times

Post #989 by Mufasa » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:10 pm

So here's the story about my claim that the whole system was rigged against French Canadians, it was put in place to make sure they wouldn't have political power. Then comes the confederation, it's a representative government, neat. There was actually an great article in Le devoir about how the system is still shit because it was based on undermining French Canadians originally, but I've been rage googling it and I can't find it, I also had a conversation about it with a friend who read a book about it. Sorry brovskies, but I don't remember the philosophical details of it, but it was in the veins of Michel Foucault. It's not about it being unfair nowadays to the good French Canadians, it's about being unfair to everyone because the failures of it can be traced back to its roots when the system was put in place to undermine French Canadians.

You can keep copying and pasting Wikipedia articles, I won't answer as I don't remember the details.

Also, the American system is head and shoulders more democratic than the Canadian one, no contest. But if you don't care about democracy, we can agree that the Canadian system gives better results.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #990 by Dog » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:20 pm

“I don’t know what I’m talking about, but I think I read or heard something about this. Can’t remember details, really. Can’t find it either. But anyways, I was right and I won’t debate it.

Oh and for good measure, I’ll throw in something pas rapport and unsubstantiated on the American system. I’ll just ignore Citizens United making the US system dangerously close to a plutocracy and the electoral college. Didn’t read about those in that le Devoir article that I can’t quite remember.”

:danson:
Boring Choice #2
Has given rep: 546 times
Received rep: 572 times

Post #991 by Boring Choice #2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:23 pm

There was actually an great article in Le devoir...

:rollseyes:
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 289 times
Received rep: 487 times

Post #992 by clawfirst » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:28 pm

How does this tie in to the system of farts?
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 42 times
Received rep: 446 times

Post #993 by Craig » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:37 pm

I came home tonight to find that E broke our only shower and my backyard hose sprung a leak and basically just sprayed water down the back steps into my basement for like 5 hours today.

Dog, I found a new way to flood the basement!
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #994 by Dog » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:46 pm

I've warned you guys. We need to eradicate water before somebody gets seriously hurt.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #995 by Dog » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Also, how does one break a shower?
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #996 by Craig » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:51 pm

She grabbed and wrenched on the diverter.
AD

Post #997 by AD » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Hahahaaaahhaaaa

Edit: sorry

Edit 2: baahhhhaaaaaaha
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 657 times
Received rep: 609 times

Post #998 by Macbeth » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:24 am

Craig wrote:She grabbed and wrenched on the diverter.

Wh... why ?!
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 657 times
Received rep: 609 times

Post #999 by Macbeth » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:26 am

To be fair to Alma, I don't think Craiegh Cunt could make it anywhere other than Tnotoron.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #1000 by Craig » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:48 am

Macbeth wrote:
Craig wrote:She grabbed and wrenched on the diverter.

Wh... why ?!

Because she's 11 months old and it's shiny?

Return to “The Beautiful Mens and the Whore From Smolensk”