Not
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 221 times
Received rep: 146 times

Re: Habs trade Galchenyuk for Tie Domi

Post #151 by Not » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:52 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:18 goals in the last 2 years

No playoff games

Sure but we are talking a 6 year vet compared to a player that just came out of entry level. Let’s see his production next year before we rush to judgement.
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1815 times
Received rep: 1212 times

Post #152 by Dog » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:57 pm

So, let us find method in the madness, friends.

Subban was either traded because attitude or because win now. Win now was further supported by trading Sergachev for bad attitude Drouin, but it was undermined by letting all our UFAs walk away without replacing them. From an attitude perspective, how does Drouin fit in?

This year, we get Galch for Domi. Something we need (goals) for something we don’t need (small playmaking winger that can’t score). Are we back to attitude? Why Sergachev for Drouin then? Even more perplexing as Drouin and Domi seem redundant.

What’s the strategic direction of this team? Do we have one? Or are we just making individual decisions that contradict themselves?

Where are we going?
Nobak
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 67 times
Received rep: 45 times

Post #153 by Nobak » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Dog wrote:So, let us find method in the madness, friends.

Subban was either traded because attitude or because win now. Win now was further supported by trading Sergachev for bad attitude Drouin, but it was undermined by letting all our UFAs walk away without replacing them. From an attitude perspective, how does Drouin fit in?

This year, we get Galch for Domi. Something we need (goals) for something we don’t need (small playmaking winger that can’t score). Are we back to attitude? Why Sergachev for Drouin then? Even more perplexing as Drouin and Domi seem redundant.

What’s the strategic direction of this team? Do we have one? Or are we just making individual decisions that contradict themselves?

Where are we going?

It's all about attitude. We're drafting Ketchup, then we're trading Drouin and Patch to Ottawa so we can draft Ketchup a second time.
Ninja signature
Not
Registered Broad

Post #154 by Not » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:04 pm

This year, we get Galch for Domi. Something we need (goals) for something we don’t need (small playmaking winger that can’t score). Are we back to attitude? Why Sergachev for Drouin then. Even more perplexing as Drouin and Domi seem redundant.

Where are we going?

I think this team is a soft rebuild - already they were one of the youngest teams in NHL last year. We have a good core of players under 23-24. We need to add more top end talent - I can now see Habs drafting Zedina to replace Chucky’s production. I agree with Arts focus on Wise or Foudy at C with 2nd round picks. I like the direction we are on - but it will require some patience.
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 41 times
Received rep: 418 times

Post #155 by Craig » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Why do you keep saying we don't need playmaking? We have like one guy in the team who does that and he was pretty bad at it last year.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 271 times
Received rep: 439 times

Post #156 by Twitter bArt » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Where are we going?

now you are looking for something neat, short ad concise???? NOW????
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 503 times
Received rep: 873 times

Post #157 by Mufasa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Those 19 goals though!
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #158 by Dog » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Craig wrote:Why do you keep saying we don't need playmaking? We have like one guy in the team who does that and he was pretty bad at it last year.

Well, it’s because while we could use playmakers we need goal scores more. We also need defense more. We’re very bad at hockey, greg. A small playmaking winger is probably the last thing we needed.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #159 by Mufasa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:32 pm

I decided I love the deal.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #160 by Twitter bArt » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Alex Galchenyuk on Coyotes GM John Chayka acknowledging his abilities & potential at center: "The second I went on social media & read the comments about me playing center, that’s what I want and I’m excited about it. I’m preparing already for it & I can’t wait to get started."

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #161 by Twitter bArt » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Dog wrote:
Craig wrote:Why do you keep saying we don't need playmaking? We have like one guy in the team who does that and he was pretty bad at it last year.

Well, it’s because while we could use playmakers we need goal scores more. We also need defense more. We’re very bad at hockey, greg. A small playmaking winger is probably the last thing we needed.

Weber scores more than PK...we got that covered

Craig
Registered Broad
Received rep: 418 times

Post #162 by Craig » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:39 pm

Dog wrote:

I just don't think that's true. Most of our forwards are predominantly scorers. Patches, Gally, Chuck, Scherback, Byron, Hudon, Lehkonen and Shaw are all somewhere on the spectrum between balanced and goal first.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #163 by Dog » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Not wrote:

This year, we get Galch for Domi. Something we need (goals) for something we don’t need (small playmaking winger that can’t score). Are we back to attitude? Why Sergachev for Drouin then. Even more perplexing as Drouin and Domi seem redundant.

Where are we going?

I think this team is a soft rebuild - already they were one of the youngest teams in NHL last year. We have a good core of players under 23-24. We need to add more top end talent - I can now see Habs drafting Zedina to replace Chucky’s production. I agree with Arts focus on Wise or Foudy at C with 2nd round picks. I like the direction we are on - but it will require some patience.

I understand that we are trading players, I just don’t see a coherent direction. Weber and Deouin makes us older. Drouin makes us more bad attitude. Domi and Drouin seem redundant. We’re making trades, but not getting younger. Two step forward, one step bad on attitude. Not addressing needs.

Wouldn’t Subban for Hall and keeping Sergachev seem sweet in terms of rebuild?

He’s like sorta rebuilding and sorta not. Seems much more reactive than actually building towards something.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #164 by Dog » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Craig wrote:
Dog wrote:

I just don't think that's true. Most of our forwards are predominantly scorers. Patches, Gally, Chuck, Scherback, Byron, Hudon, Lehkonen and Shaw are all somewhere on the spectrum between balanced and goal first.

Bah, maybe. Retarder, what’s the real story on this? We need scorers or playmakers more up front?
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 560 times
Received rep: 318 times

Post #165 by TittiesNBeer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Scherbak, hudon, drouin, and domi are all on the playmaking side of the ledger when it comes to goal scoring vs playmaking imo

Danault is about even.

Byron, gallagher, pacioretty, lehkonen, shaw, more on the goal scoring side.

The issue isnt that domi is a playmaker... its that we are winger heavy.
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1020 times
Received rep: 990 times

Post #166 by Retardé S » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Not wrote:I think this team is a soft rebuild - already they were one of the youngest teams in NHL last year. We have a good core of players under 23-24. We need to add more top end talent - I can now see Habs drafting Zedina to replace Chucky’s production. I agree with Arts focus on Wise or Foudy at C with 2nd round picks. I like the direction we are on - but it will require some patience.

Mufasa wrote:I decided I love the deal.

Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #167 by Mufasa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Take ownership of your life Retardé.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #168 by Twitter bArt » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Christopher Boucher
‏@Chris_LogiQ

A player who ranked 12th (15th 2016-17)among the forwards on his team for strength of opposition, 4th (2nd 2016-17) for strength of teammates, while enjoying the 2nd highest (2016-17) OZstart% is not a victim of his usage.

Even with these minutes Galchenyuk still ranked 15th in each of the last two seasons among MTL forwards for limiting ES expected goals against while on the ice.

I'm not piling on or picking a side; I'm just trying help frame the conversation a little bit.

TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #169 by TittiesNBeer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Advanced stats wise the two are about even at even strength in terms of generating offence. Domi is a bit better defensively. Galchenyuk pulls ahead with his superior PP production though.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #170 by Retardé S » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Dog wrote:
Craig wrote:
Dog wrote:

Bah, maybe. Retarder, what’s the real story on this? We need scorers or playmakers more up front?

I'd say we need both, but we mostly need a couple of players that make other players better on any line they play in. We have complimentary pieces, but need players who drive lines, tilt the ice. None of those guys are it, Scherbak and Drouin have that potential if they finally put everything together, but that's a massive if. You don't build good teams on massive ifs.

Actually, we really need good top 6 centres.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #171 by Mufasa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Domi made Anthony Duclair a star.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #172 by TittiesNBeer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Scherbak is probably the next one out of town. Hes purging all Russians and those of russian heritage.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #173 by Retardé S » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Mufasa wrote:Take ownership of your life Retardé.

Everything is intact. I love watching you cope with yours after a shit trade :danson:
Not
Registered Broad

Post #174 by Not » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:05 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:Scherbak is probably the next one out of town. Hes purging all Russians and those of russian heritage.

No problem with that :wink:
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #175 by Mufasa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Galchenyuk is Russian no matter what he says.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #176 by Retardé S » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Scherbong is Nikolai's last hope, and even then, there was none before all of this.
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 283 times
Received rep: 475 times

Post #177 by clawfirst » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:20 pm

mcphee wrote:
clawfirst wrote:
mcphee wrote:I can see a deal coming for someone Wayne Simmons like.

But a white guy whose name sounds right in french. Matteeew Martin or something.

You're joking but Hyman is a really important player on the Leafs. Yeah, young fans feel it's criminal that supremely talented players get saddled with a plow horse, but it's an old formula that's come back. Mtl has some nice players with some versatility, but they seem destined to use their grinder per line at C. Danault will play high up the lineup, who knows what they do with De La rose. Teams usually have the worker bee on the wing, Mtl may do it at C.

May as well have a group who lose while giving a shit than a group who lose with less than a fuck given
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #178 by Mufasa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:21 pm

I prefer a team who loose while giving a fuck than a team that wins without giving a fuck. Yes, I used to be a Christian.
AD
Has given rep: 705 times
Received rep: 795 times

Post #179 by AD » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Mufasa wrote:I prefer a team who loose while giving a fuck than a team that wins without giving a fuck. Yes, I used to be a Christian.

No no no no noooo!
Jésus christ.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1085 times
Received rep: 669 times

Post #180 by Slick Nick » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Not wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:Scherbak is probably the next one out of town. Hes purging all Russians and those of russian heritage.

No problem with that :wink:

Yet the cup is spending the summer in Moscow
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 132 times

Post #181 by PPJ » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:01 pm

Fuck, can’t believe I agree with the Dog on something Pok-related
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #182 by Mufasa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Retardé S wrote:

Everything is intact. I love watching you cope with yours after a shit trade :danson:

TAKE EXTREME OWNERSHIP.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #183 by Retardé S » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:53 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Retardé S wrote:

TAKE EXTREME OWNERSHIP.

Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #184 by Mufasa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Maverick you gonna get some someday.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #185 by Dog » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:05 pm

That’s right, Ice. I am dangerous.
Not
Registered Broad

Post #186 by Not » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Accueil > Sports > Mathias Brunet > Galchenyuk: déboulonnons certains mythes...
Publié le 18 juin 2018 à 11h30 | Mis à jour à 11h30

Galchenyuk: déboulonnons certains mythes...
La valeur d'Alex Galchenyuk était nettement moins élevée... (Photo Bernard Brault, archives La Presse)
Agrandir
La valeur d'Alex Galchenyuk était nettement moins élevée que certains veulent bien le croire.

MATHIAS BRUNET
La Presse
Le départ d'Alex Galchenyuk a suscité des réactions hautement émotives de la part des fans du Canadien depuis vendredi.

Échanger un attaquant talentueux comme Alex Galchenyuk comporte toujours un risque. Mais il apparaît important de déboulonner quelques mythes.

1- Galchenyuk constituait probablement le meilleur appât du Canadien sur le marché des échanges.

La valeur de Galchenyuk était nettement moins élevée que certains veulent bien le croire. Les problèmes personnels du jeune homme sont connus aux quatre coins de l'Amérique du Nord. Son entourage, contrôlant et toxique, aux yeux du Canadien, également. Les Devils ont offert Adam Henrique l'hiver dernier pour Galchenyuk. Plutôt mince comme offre.

2- On n'échange pas un compteur de 30 buts quand l'équipe a des problèmes à l'attaque.

Vrai, il ne faut pas échanger des compteurs de 30 buts. Galchenyuk en a compté 19 l'an dernier. Et 17 l'année précédente. En six ans de carrière, il a connu une seule saison de 30 buts. Et seulement deux saisons de 20 buts ou plus. En 418 matchs avec le Canadien, Alex Galchenyuk a compté 108 buts avec le CH. En 398 matchs avec le Canadien, Andrei Kostitsyn, premier choix, dixième au total en 2003, a compté 103 buts. Kostitsyn a connu trois saisons de 20 buts et plus, dont une de 26 buts, soit quatre de moins que la meilleure de Galchenyuk.

3- Galchenyuk va exploser comme Tyler Seguin l'a fait après avoir été échangé des Bruins aux Stars de Dallas.

Seguin venait d'avoir 21 ans lorsque les Bruins l'ont échangé. Il avait disputé seulement trois saisons dans la Ligue nationale. Il avait connu une saison de 67 points à sa deuxième année et joué au centre toute sa carrière. Galchenyuk a obtenu 31 points à sa deuxième saison dans la LNH. Il a 24 ans et vient de compléter sa sixième saison dans la LNH.

4- Max Domi a moins de potentiel que Galchenyuk.

Domi a tout de même été un 12e choix au total en 2013, dans un repêchage nettement plus relevé que celui de l'année précédente, avec les Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Seth Jones, Jonathan Drouin, Sean Monahan, Rasmus Ristolainen et Bo Horvat. À sa première saison dans la LNH, Domi a amassé 52 points. Galchenyuk a connu sa meilleure année en carrière à sa quatrième saison, 56 points. Galchenyuk a une moyenne de 0,61 points par match en carrière. Domi a une moyenne de 0,61 points en carrière. Domi a amassé 102 points en seulement 57 matchs à sa dernière année junior, et 10 points en sept matchs au Championnat mondial junior, à un point des meneurs Sam Reinhart, Nic Petan et Connor McDavid.

5- Alex Galchenyuk n'a pas eu sa chance au centre et il aurait réglé le fameux problème du CH à cette position.

Galchenyuk a eu sa chance au centre, autant avec Michel Therrien que Claude Julien. Mais les entraîneurs exigent de leurs centres une fiabilité en tout temps. Pas un match sur deux ou une période sur trois. À tous les matchs, à toutes les périodes, à toutes les présences. Galchenyuk, malheureusement, n'était jamais à l'abri d'une crampe au cerveau ou d'un jeu à risque dans un moment névralgique du match. Il est doué, mais pas fiable. Sa compréhension du jeu et sa gestion d'un match en fonction du score, demeuraient toujours ordinaires après six ans.

6- Max Domi a marqué en moyenne 9 buts lors de chacune de ses deux dernières saisons.

Voilà une préoccupation importante. Par contre, Domi est d'abord un passeur et il ne faut pas occulter ses statistiques en ce sens. Il a tout de même obtenu 36 passes cet hiver, dans une saison que plusieurs qualifient de difficile. Aucun joueur du Canadien n'a obtenu autant de passes l'an dernier. L'année précédente, il a disputé seulement 59 matchs. Ces 36 passes, c'est deux de moins que Filip Forsberg, Alex Ovechkin et Tyler Seguin, six de moins que Ryan Johansen.

Par ailleurs, à 45 points, il a seulement un point de moins que Jonathan Drouin. Pas la catastrophe annoncée pour ceux qui le qualifient de joueur de troisième trio. D'ailleurs, Domi a 135 points en 222 matchs en carrière, Drouin en a 141 et 241 matchs en carrière. Deux jeunes hommes remplis de talent qui cherchent encore à lancer leur carrière.

7- Le Canadien acquiert un autre petit attaquant.

Vrai. Max Domi mesure seulement 5 pieds 10 pouces. Mais le fils de l'ancien dur à cuire Tie Domi frise les 200 livres et possède de la robustesse à revendre. En novembre 2016, Ryan Kesler, 6 pieds 2 pouces, 202 livres, a eu le malheur de frapper la recrue Jakob Chychrun, 6 pieds 2, 210 livres, avec un bâton un peu élevé. Domi s'est porté à la défense de son jeune coéquipier. Un uppercut plus tard, Kesler était étendu sur la glace, assommé. Ce garçon n'a peur de personne même si aujourd'hui, il canalise mieux ses énergies. Il a passé quelques mois à l'infirmerie l'an dernier après s'être fracassé une main dans un combat. Papa n'a pas apprécié. Il veut que son fils se concentre sur le hockey.

8- Marc Bergevin gaspille le talent de Galchenyuk comme il a gaspillé le talent de P.K. Subban.

L'échange de Subban n'était pas un bon échange. Subban était sur la pente ascendante, et il avait déjà fait ses preuves comme défenseur d'élite, à preuve son Norris, tandis que Weber, quatre ans plus vieux, n'allait pas s'améliorer. La personnalité exubérante de Subban agaçait certains de ses coéquipiers, mais il n'avait pas les problèmes hors glace de Galchenyuk. Subban était à son meilleur en séries. Galchenyuk «disparaissait» en séries. Son total de buts en carrière en séries s'élève d'ailleurs à... quatre en 28 matchs. Dans ce cas-ci, on obtient un joueur plus jeune en retour de Galchenyuk.

Dans une grande entrevue publiée il y a un an, l'ancien DG du Canadien Serge Savard m'avait confié sa déception à l'endroit de Galchenyuk. «Avec tout le talent qu'il possède, je me demande ce qu'il faut faire pour le relancer. Un gars de même, s'il dominait comme il doit dominer, ça ferait une grande différence. Comme Guy Lafleur avec nous autres, à l'époque. Guy était le meilleur joueur de la ligue et il se présentait chaque soir. Il était là dans les septièmes matchs contre Boston. C'était vrai pour Maurice Richard, c'était vrai pour Jean Béliveau. C'est fâchant de voir un gars talentueux comme lui ne pas jouer à la hauteur de son talent. Il nous a montré ce qu'il est capable de faire. Est-ce qu'il va se contenter de ça dans sa carrière? J'en ai vu, des gars qui se sont contentés de peu dans leur carrière. Il pourrait vraiment emmener l'équipe une coche au-dessus.»

Terminons par les citations de l'ancien capitaine des Coyotes de l'Arizona, Shane Doan à propos de Domi, son ancien partenaire de trio à Phoenix, publiée ce week-end sur le site de Sportsnet.

«Tout le monde adore jouer avec Max. Il fait tout le sale travail pour récupérer les rondelles libres. Il remporte les courses pour le disque et provoque des revirements avec sa vitesse. C'est l'élément de son jeu qui me plaisait beaucoup. C'était tellement agréable de jouer avec lui. C'est un attaquant puissant et dynamique. À son mieux, il rend ses coéquipiers meilleurs. Il est sur le point d'atteindre son plein potentiel et il sera un extraordinaire joueur pour le Canadien.»

«Max a connu une extraordinaire année recrue. Il a obtenu plus de 50 points et marqué presque 20 buts au sein d'une mauvaise équipe. Malgré nos insuccès, il a continué à se battre. C'est dur de ne pas s'essouffler après une telle année. Ralentir après une grosse année vous permet de réaliser à quel point il est difficile de briller dans la LNH. Il a été placé dans des conditions difficiles l'an dernier avec un club qui ne gagnait pas en début de saison, et qui ne marquait pas non plus. Max s'imaginait qu'il devait compter à chaque match pour aider le club. C'est le leader dans ce vestiaire et il s'est mis beaucoup de pression. Oliver Ekman-Larsson et lui ont tenté de prendre toutes les responsabilités. C'est lourd sur les épaules de seulement deux joueurs.»

«Un joueur ne comprend pas nécessairement le métier de hockeyeur professionnel avant d'avoir disputé environ 300 matchs. Tu peux marquer 25 ou 30 buts, mais ça signifie que tu as compté des buts dans seulement 20 ou 25 matchs. Dans les 60 autres matchs, tu dois te demander de quelle façon tu as contribué à aider ton équipe? Tu dois être du bon côté de la rondelle, terminer ta mise en échec, tous ces petits détails pour aider ton club à gagner.»
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #187 by Dog » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Ils étaient boulonnés, les mythes?
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Received rep: 92 times

Post #188 by IcE ColD » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:17 pm

A'ec des boulons lousssssssssses
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 526 times
Received rep: 708 times

Post #189 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:10 pm

Hey guys, just poppin’ in to :stare: at this trade.
Also, let's keep this thread about Galchenyuk's on-ice performance, development and value and NOT bring in his personal life or race.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #190 by Twitter bArt » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:11 pm

Max Domi, when asked if he had an endless supply of sticks as a kid because of his dad, said no because they don’t shoot the same way. And in any case, his dad had a terrible curve on his stick. “It was more of a dump and chase curve.”

shredz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1495 times
Received rep: 868 times

Post #191 by shredz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:19 pm

Retardé S
Registered Broad