Post #3452 by mayoradamwest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Melnyk is our Trump.
Germz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 117 times
Received rep: 88 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3453 by Germz » Wed May 02, 2018 10:37 pm

Marcus Sorensen just scored an absolutely sensational goal for SJ.
senate
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 258 times
Received rep: 392 times

Post #3454 by senate » Mon May 28, 2018 9:01 am

So Alfredsson was at a Mayor Watson campaign event and he talked to a former Ottawa Sun municipal beat reporter turned blogger. Alfredsson thought the interview was off the record, but the blogger didn't care.

Anyways, Alfredsson wants Melnyk out:

Alfredsson was the “surprise” guest at Sunday’s campaign kickoff for Watson – offering his support as the mayor seeks a third term in office. Turns out – according to Alfredsson – both he and Watson are hoping the Ottawa Senators get a new team owner – and can say goodbye to its present owner Eugene Melnyk.

Alfredsson made the admission in an interview with On the City, From the Burbs at Watson’s campaign kickoff.

“We’ve talked a lot, we’ve talked about the future of the Senators and of its ownership and we agree,” he said.

And just what do they agree on?

“We hope we get a new owner,” the former captain said.

http://www.susansherring.ca
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 348 times
Received rep: 166 times

Post #3455 by mayoradamwest » Mon May 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Dick thing to do to Alfredsson, but it’s also like catching him saying the sky is blue..
ColinM
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1 time
Received rep: 14 times

Post #3456 by ColinM » Tue May 29, 2018 8:14 am

senate wrote:So Alfredsson was at a Mayor Watson campaign event and he talked to a former Ottawa Sun municipal beat reporter turned blogger. Alfredsson thought the interview was off the record, but the blogger didn't care.

Anyways, Alfredsson wants Melnyk out:

Alfredsson was the “surprise” guest at Sunday’s campaign kickoff for Watson – offering his support as the mayor seeks a third term in office. Turns out – according to Alfredsson – both he and Watson are hoping the Ottawa Senators get a new team owner – and can say goodbye to its present owner Eugene Melnyk.

Alfredsson made the admission in an interview with On the City, From the Burbs at Watson’s campaign kickoff.

“We’ve talked a lot, we’ve talked about the future of the Senators and of its ownership and we agree,” he said.

And just what do they agree on?

“We hope we get a new owner,” the former captain said.

http://www.susansherring.ca

If he'd say that to a blogger, even off the record, I can only imagine what he says to Erik Karlsson.
Ismellofhockey
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 45 times
Received rep: 33 times

Post #3457 by Ismellofhockey » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Sida Sex Hero Reaches Out, Touches Sens Fans.

That is an actual headline.
- Unwittingly ruining this board since December 2008
Ricard_Persson
Has given rep: 64 times
Received rep: 82 times

Post #3458 by Ricard_Persson » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Really impressed how Mark Stone has taken a lead and spoke well this year. It has to be the toughest year to be the key guy getting asked questions and I think he's done an exceptional job.

I think there is a chance they can sign him long term. It feels that's more likely than it was over the summer. It would really help going forward as I'd dare say I think he'd be the best leader and captain in the history of the team. I know Alfredsson was always there on the ice and clutch and a king, but Stone speaks so damn well and you know he'd run a tight ship off the ice and be respected by the kids. Hard to believe Stone is only 26. He speaks like a 10 year vet. This team has never had the true guy in the room to lead. Both Karlsson and Afredsson were quieter and did their leading on the ice (which isn't a bad thing), but I don't think the mess that happened off ice last year would fly on Stone's watch if he knew he had the floor and was top dog in the yard.

I love his line that he's never heard of Louis Jean before. Loved it. It's gotta hurt if you're a full time NHL reporter.
Hossa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 27 times

Post #3459 by Hossa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:35 am

Ricard_Persson wrote:Really impressed how Mark Stone has taken a lead and spoke well this year. It has to be the toughest year to be the key guy getting asked questions and I think he's done an exceptional job.

I think there is a chance they can sign him long term. It feels that's more likely than it was over the summer. It would really help going forward as I'd dare say I think he'd be the best leader and captain in the history of the team. I know Alfredsson was always there on the ice and clutch and a king, but Stone speaks so damn well and you know he'd run a tight ship off the ice and be respected by the kids. Hard to believe Stone is only 26. He speaks like a 10 year vet. This team has never had the true guy in the room to lead. Both Karlsson and Afredsson were quieter and did their leading on the ice (which isn't a bad thing), but I don't think the mess that happened off ice last year would fly on Stone's watch if he knew he had the floor and was top dog in the yard.

I love his line that he's never heard of Louis Jean before. Loved it. It's gotta hurt if you're a full time NHL reporter.

It's nice to see some instant rapport with Tkachuk too.

They'll probably fuck it up, but if they can manage to retain Stone and Duchene long-term that would help. We have some good prospect depth up front, but none that likely have the upside of either of those two. And far better to lock up our two remaining stars than drop money into the Boedker pits of the world.

Return to “We are a team”