Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7740
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 415 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3451 by senate » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:27 am


User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29903
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 362 times
Received rep: 171 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3452 by mayoradamwest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Melnyk is our Trump.
User avatar
Germz
Registered Broad
Posts: 16024
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: USA
Has given rep: 118 times
Received rep: 93 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3453 by Germz » Wed May 02, 2018 10:37 pm

Marcus Sorensen just scored an absolutely sensational goal for SJ.
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7740
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 415 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3454 by senate » Mon May 28, 2018 9:01 am

So Alfredsson was at a Mayor Watson campaign event and he talked to a former Ottawa Sun municipal beat reporter turned blogger. Alfredsson thought the interview was off the record, but the blogger didn't care.

Anyways, Alfredsson wants Melnyk out:

Alfredsson was the “surprise” guest at Sunday’s campaign kickoff for Watson – offering his support as the mayor seeks a third term in office. Turns out – according to Alfredsson – both he and Watson are hoping the Ottawa Senators get a new team owner – and can say goodbye to its present owner Eugene Melnyk.

Alfredsson made the admission in an interview with On the City, From the Burbs at Watson’s campaign kickoff.

“We’ve talked a lot, we’ve talked about the future of the Senators and of its ownership and we agree,” he said.

And just what do they agree on?

“We hope we get a new owner,” the former captain said.


http://www.susansherring.ca
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29903
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 362 times
Received rep: 171 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3455 by mayoradamwest » Mon May 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Dick thing to do to Alfredsson, but it’s also like catching him saying the sky is blue..
User avatar
ColinM
Registered Broad
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:04 pm
Location: Probably East of You
Has given rep: 1 time
Received rep: 14 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3456 by ColinM » Tue May 29, 2018 8:14 am

senate wrote:So Alfredsson was at a Mayor Watson campaign event and he talked to a former Ottawa Sun municipal beat reporter turned blogger. Alfredsson thought the interview was off the record, but the blogger didn't care.

Anyways, Alfredsson wants Melnyk out:

Alfredsson was the “surprise” guest at Sunday’s campaign kickoff for Watson – offering his support as the mayor seeks a third term in office. Turns out – according to Alfredsson – both he and Watson are hoping the Ottawa Senators get a new team owner – and can say goodbye to its present owner Eugene Melnyk.

Alfredsson made the admission in an interview with On the City, From the Burbs at Watson’s campaign kickoff.

“We’ve talked a lot, we’ve talked about the future of the Senators and of its ownership and we agree,” he said.

And just what do they agree on?

“We hope we get a new owner,” the former captain said.


http://www.susansherring.ca


If he'd say that to a blogger, even off the record, I can only imagine what he says to Erik Karlsson.
User avatar
Ismellofhockey
Registered Broad
Posts: 1850
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Has given rep: 75 times
Received rep: 51 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3457 by Ismellofhockey » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Sida Sex Hero Reaches Out, Touches Sens Fans.

That is an actual headline.
- Unwittingly ruining this board since December 2008
User avatar
Ricard_Persson
Posts: 3491
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 1989 2:21 pm
Has given rep: 65 times
Received rep: 82 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3458 by Ricard_Persson » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Really impressed how Mark Stone has taken a lead and spoke well this year. It has to be the toughest year to be the key guy getting asked questions and I think he's done an exceptional job.

I think there is a chance they can sign him long term. It feels that's more likely than it was over the summer. It would really help going forward as I'd dare say I think he'd be the best leader and captain in the history of the team. I know Alfredsson was always there on the ice and clutch and a king, but Stone speaks so damn well and you know he'd run a tight ship off the ice and be respected by the kids. Hard to believe Stone is only 26. He speaks like a 10 year vet. This team has never had the true guy in the room to lead. Both Karlsson and Afredsson were quieter and did their leading on the ice (which isn't a bad thing), but I don't think the mess that happened off ice last year would fly on Stone's watch if he knew he had the floor and was top dog in the yard.

I love his line that he's never heard of Louis Jean before. Loved it. It's gotta hurt if you're a full time NHL reporter.
User avatar
Hossa
Registered Broad
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: Abroad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 28 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3459 by Hossa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:35 am

Ricard_Persson wrote:Really impressed how Mark Stone has taken a lead and spoke well this year. It has to be the toughest year to be the key guy getting asked questions and I think he's done an exceptional job.

I think there is a chance they can sign him long term. It feels that's more likely than it was over the summer. It would really help going forward as I'd dare say I think he'd be the best leader and captain in the history of the team. I know Alfredsson was always there on the ice and clutch and a king, but Stone speaks so damn well and you know he'd run a tight ship off the ice and be respected by the kids. Hard to believe Stone is only 26. He speaks like a 10 year vet. This team has never had the true guy in the room to lead. Both Karlsson and Afredsson were quieter and did their leading on the ice (which isn't a bad thing), but I don't think the mess that happened off ice last year would fly on Stone's watch if he knew he had the floor and was top dog in the yard.

I love his line that he's never heard of Louis Jean before. Loved it. It's gotta hurt if you're a full time NHL reporter.


It's nice to see some instant rapport with Tkachuk too.

They'll probably fuck it up, but if they can manage to retain Stone and Duchene long-term that would help. We have some good prospect depth up front, but none that likely have the upside of either of those two. And far better to lock up our two remaining stars than drop money into the Boedker pits of the world.
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7740
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 415 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3460 by senate » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:26 pm

Well, this is a surprise.



We are a team?

User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 6775
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: The White House
Has given rep: 1491 times
Received rep: 867 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3461 by shredz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:30 pm

You don't have a team now.
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 28774
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 164 times
Received rep: 400 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3462 by MP » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 pm

Well maybe someone will take the $3.25M cap hit from Melnyk. My guess is he clears and remains our 4th line C.
User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 6775
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: The White House
Has given rep: 1491 times
Received rep: 867 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3463 by shredz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Didn't know he had that high of a cap hit. I see why no one traded.

(Happy Bday MP)
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7740
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 415 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3464 by senate » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Duchene sounds like a guy eager to get locked up here long term.

User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 28774
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 164 times
Received rep: 400 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3465 by MP » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:47 pm

My guess is Smith refused to do that video and Melnyk was forced to use Boro...
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 28774
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 164 times
Received rep: 400 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3466 by MP » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Image
User avatar
Ricard_Persson
Posts: 3491
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 1989 2:21 pm
Has given rep: 65 times
Received rep: 82 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3467 by Ricard_Persson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Smith lost a step and didn't really have a step to lose.

After he scored 20 some, I would have traded him. Way easy to say now but I just remember the puck luck he had scoring on weak shots, etc. Contract year too. He trained hard, then mailed in the training in year 1 and 2 after the deal. It would drive me nuts if I was paying a guy who came in flat after a long term deal.

At half his salary I don't know if he could land a job. He's done. Sad to say but the game is so fast now. He's done.
User avatar
Germz
Registered Broad
Posts: 16024
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: USA
Has given rep: 118 times
Received rep: 93 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3468 by Germz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:00 pm

I agree that Smith is probably done, but you'd think with the exodus of established veterans, it wouldn't have hurt to keep him around the dressing room for another year, especially since it seems he was well-liked. It's obvious that ownership is too cheap to do that. But it's even more obvious - from the handling of the Alfredsson, Turris, and Karlsson situations especially - that this management group is completely tone-deaf when it comes to understanding how their actions affect the room.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but this was something Bryan Murray understood, as a player's coach-turned-GM. Dorion doesn't seem capable of thinking that way.
User avatar
Germz
Registered Broad
Posts: 16024
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: USA
Has given rep: 118 times
Received rep: 93 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3469 by Germz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:40 pm

MP wrote:Well maybe someone will take the $3.25M cap hit from Melnyk. My guess is he clears and remains our 4th line C.


Or 2nd line C.

Pretty hilarious.

User avatar
Ricard_Persson
Posts: 3491
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 1989 2:21 pm
Has given rep: 65 times
Received rep: 82 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3470 by Ricard_Persson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:51 pm

I genuinely look forward to this season and just how much of a mess it's going to be. We haven't even seen the empty rink pressure yet.
User avatar
Hossa
Registered Broad
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: Abroad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 28 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3471 by Hossa » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:11 am

Germz wrote:I agree that Smith is probably done, but you'd think with the exodus of established veterans, it wouldn't have hurt to keep him around the dressing room for another year, especially since it seems he was well-liked. It's obvious that ownership is too cheap to do that. But it's even more obvious - from the handling of the Alfredsson, Turris, and Karlsson situations especially - that this management group is completely tone-deaf when it comes to understanding how their actions affect the room.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but this was something Bryan Murray understood, as a player's coach-turned-GM. Dorion doesn't seem capable of thinking that way.


Totally agree. I find it hard to understand the contrast between Dorion's obsession with talking about character when he evaluates players, and the stunning deterioration of everything in the room under his watch. We are a team, of good hard working character players, who increasingly dislike each other and playing in Ottawa. Good job Pierre.
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7740
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 415 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3472 by senate » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am

This has been posted a lot on other places, but I think it is good indictment of Dorion so I am posting it here.

User avatar
BlackRedGold
Registered Broad
Posts: 8118
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:42 am
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 6 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3473 by BlackRedGold » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:08 am

senate wrote:This has been posted a lot on other places, but I think it is good indictment of Dorion so I am posting it here.




Here are the players that came back for those players who will be in the lineup to start the season:

Duchene
Tierney
Boedker
Demelo
User avatar
TGR
Registered Broad
Posts: 7833
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:25 pm
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 29 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3474 by TGR » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:04 pm

We're a team again!

User avatar
Hossa
Registered Broad
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: Abroad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 28 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3475 by Hossa » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:04 pm

BlackRedGold wrote:
senate wrote:This has been posted a lot on other places, but I think it is good indictment of Dorion so I am posting it here.




Here are the players that came back for those players who will be in the lineup to start the season:

Duchene
Tierney
Boedker
Demelo


Right, and Boedker has negative value and DeMelo didn't even get a qualifying offer.

Asset management at its finest.
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7740
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 415 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3476 by senate » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:12 pm

So they alienated Smith and demoralized the locker room for nothing. :paulrus:
User avatar
BlackRedGold
Registered Broad
Posts: 8118
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:42 am
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 6 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3477 by BlackRedGold » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Hossa wrote:
BlackRedGold wrote:
senate wrote:This has been posted a lot on other places, but I think it is good indictment of Dorion so I am posting it here.




Here are the players that came back for those players who will be in the lineup to start the season:

Duchene
Tierney
Boedker
Demelo


Right, and Boedker has negative value and DeMelo didn't even get a qualifying offer.

Asset management at its finest.


Plus we had to throw in our first rounder for next year to get those assets. :facepalermo: :facepalermo: :facepalermo:
User avatar
AD
Posts: 69076
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: Here
Has given rep: 702 times
Received rep: 794 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3478 by AD » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Stop it guys. You're just hurting yourselves.

This isn't easy to watch.
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7740
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 415 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3479 by senate » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:23 am

:trump:

User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 28774
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 164 times
Received rep: 400 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3480 by MP » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:54 am

Yeah, play to your salary expectations or else we'll waive you, and when nobody claims you... Well, just remember we waived you.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29903
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 362 times
Received rep: 171 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3481 by mayoradamwest » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:56 am

the important thing is that management tells the players that it unacceptable to play to the level of the team management put together.
User avatar
Hossa
Registered Broad
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: Abroad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 28 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3482 by Hossa » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:13 pm

Dorion ostensibly holding hold others accountable for their poor job performance is pretty rich.
User avatar
sensdiehard
Registered Broad
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Ottawa
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 9 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3483 by sensdiehard » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:06 pm

Image
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4404
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 157 times
Received rep: 432 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3484 by Thomas Malthus » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:34 am

Some people are trying to spin this as Dorion playing 4D chess. Susf.

Sending a message about last year? Didn’t the Hoffman and Karlsson trades do that? Didn’t the exit interviews do that? Didn’t the team meetings at the start of training camp do that?

This is some passive agggressive high school shit from Dorion/Melnyk if you actually believe their spin. In reality it’s just Dorion trying to deflect after Smith clearing didn’t save Melnyk money.

Poor communication and everyone in the organization confused about the plan? Sounds like the Sens to me.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
User avatar
AD
Posts: 69076
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: Here
Has given rep: 702 times
Received rep: 794 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3485 by AD » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:45 am

Stop...

...

...please...
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29903
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 362 times
Received rep: 171 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3486 by mayoradamwest » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Image
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7740
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 415 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3487 by senate » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:02 am

senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7740
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 415 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3488 by senate » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:08 pm


Return to “We are a team”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest