Page 70 of 72

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:27 am
by senate


Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 pm
by mayoradamwest
Melnyk is our Trump.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:37 pm
by Germz
Marcus Sorensen just scored an absolutely sensational goal for SJ.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:01 am
by senate
So Alfredsson was at a Mayor Watson campaign event and he talked to a former Ottawa Sun municipal beat reporter turned blogger. Alfredsson thought the interview was off the record, but the blogger didn't care.

Anyways, Alfredsson wants Melnyk out:

Alfredsson was the “surprise” guest at Sunday’s campaign kickoff for Watson – offering his support as the mayor seeks a third term in office. Turns out – according to Alfredsson – both he and Watson are hoping the Ottawa Senators get a new team owner – and can say goodbye to its present owner Eugene Melnyk.

Alfredsson made the admission in an interview with On the City, From the Burbs at Watson’s campaign kickoff.

“We’ve talked a lot, we’ve talked about the future of the Senators and of its ownership and we agree,” he said.

And just what do they agree on?

“We hope we get a new owner,” the former captain said.


http://www.susansherring.ca

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:28 pm
by mayoradamwest
Dick thing to do to Alfredsson, but it’s also like catching him saying the sky is blue..

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:14 am
by ColinM
senate wrote:So Alfredsson was at a Mayor Watson campaign event and he talked to a former Ottawa Sun municipal beat reporter turned blogger. Alfredsson thought the interview was off the record, but the blogger didn't care.

Anyways, Alfredsson wants Melnyk out:

Alfredsson was the “surprise” guest at Sunday’s campaign kickoff for Watson – offering his support as the mayor seeks a third term in office. Turns out – according to Alfredsson – both he and Watson are hoping the Ottawa Senators get a new team owner – and can say goodbye to its present owner Eugene Melnyk.

Alfredsson made the admission in an interview with On the City, From the Burbs at Watson’s campaign kickoff.

“We’ve talked a lot, we’ve talked about the future of the Senators and of its ownership and we agree,” he said.

And just what do they agree on?

“We hope we get a new owner,” the former captain said.


http://www.susansherring.ca


If he'd say that to a blogger, even off the record, I can only imagine what he says to Erik Karlsson.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:10 pm
by Ismellofhockey
Sida Sex Hero Reaches Out, Touches Sens Fans.

That is an actual headline.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:54 pm
by Ricard_Persson
Really impressed how Mark Stone has taken a lead and spoke well this year. It has to be the toughest year to be the key guy getting asked questions and I think he's done an exceptional job.

I think there is a chance they can sign him long term. It feels that's more likely than it was over the summer. It would really help going forward as I'd dare say I think he'd be the best leader and captain in the history of the team. I know Alfredsson was always there on the ice and clutch and a king, but Stone speaks so damn well and you know he'd run a tight ship off the ice and be respected by the kids. Hard to believe Stone is only 26. He speaks like a 10 year vet. This team has never had the true guy in the room to lead. Both Karlsson and Afredsson were quieter and did their leading on the ice (which isn't a bad thing), but I don't think the mess that happened off ice last year would fly on Stone's watch if he knew he had the floor and was top dog in the yard.

I love his line that he's never heard of Louis Jean before. Loved it. It's gotta hurt if you're a full time NHL reporter.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:35 am
by Hossa
Ricard_Persson wrote:Really impressed how Mark Stone has taken a lead and spoke well this year. It has to be the toughest year to be the key guy getting asked questions and I think he's done an exceptional job.

I think there is a chance they can sign him long term. It feels that's more likely than it was over the summer. It would really help going forward as I'd dare say I think he'd be the best leader and captain in the history of the team. I know Alfredsson was always there on the ice and clutch and a king, but Stone speaks so damn well and you know he'd run a tight ship off the ice and be respected by the kids. Hard to believe Stone is only 26. He speaks like a 10 year vet. This team has never had the true guy in the room to lead. Both Karlsson and Afredsson were quieter and did their leading on the ice (which isn't a bad thing), but I don't think the mess that happened off ice last year would fly on Stone's watch if he knew he had the floor and was top dog in the yard.

I love his line that he's never heard of Louis Jean before. Loved it. It's gotta hurt if you're a full time NHL reporter.


It's nice to see some instant rapport with Tkachuk too.

They'll probably fuck it up, but if they can manage to retain Stone and Duchene long-term that would help. We have some good prospect depth up front, but none that likely have the upside of either of those two. And far better to lock up our two remaining stars than drop money into the Boedker pits of the world.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:26 pm
by senate
Well, this is a surprise.



We are a team?


Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:30 pm
by shredz
You don't have a team now.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 pm
by MP
Well maybe someone will take the $3.25M cap hit from Melnyk. My guess is he clears and remains our 4th line C.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:40 pm
by shredz
Didn't know he had that high of a cap hit. I see why no one traded.

(Happy Bday MP)

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:43 pm
by senate
Duchene sounds like a guy eager to get locked up here long term.


Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:47 pm
by MP
My guess is Smith refused to do that video and Melnyk was forced to use Boro...

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:51 pm
by MP
Image

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:35 pm
by Ricard_Persson
Smith lost a step and didn't really have a step to lose.

After he scored 20 some, I would have traded him. Way easy to say now but I just remember the puck luck he had scoring on weak shots, etc. Contract year too. He trained hard, then mailed in the training in year 1 and 2 after the deal. It would drive me nuts if I was paying a guy who came in flat after a long term deal.

At half his salary I don't know if he could land a job. He's done. Sad to say but the game is so fast now. He's done.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:00 pm
by Germz
I agree that Smith is probably done, but you'd think with the exodus of established veterans, it wouldn't have hurt to keep him around the dressing room for another year, especially since it seems he was well-liked. It's obvious that ownership is too cheap to do that. But it's even more obvious - from the handling of the Alfredsson, Turris, and Karlsson situations especially - that this management group is completely tone-deaf when it comes to understanding how their actions affect the room.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but this was something Bryan Murray understood, as a player's coach-turned-GM. Dorion doesn't seem capable of thinking that way.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:40 pm
by Germz
MP wrote:Well maybe someone will take the $3.25M cap hit from Melnyk. My guess is he clears and remains our 4th line C.


Or 2nd line C.

Pretty hilarious.


Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:51 pm
by Ricard_Persson
I genuinely look forward to this season and just how much of a mess it's going to be. We haven't even seen the empty rink pressure yet.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:11 am
by Hossa
Germz wrote:I agree that Smith is probably done, but you'd think with the exodus of established veterans, it wouldn't have hurt to keep him around the dressing room for another year, especially since it seems he was well-liked. It's obvious that ownership is too cheap to do that. But it's even more obvious - from the handling of the Alfredsson, Turris, and Karlsson situations especially - that this management group is completely tone-deaf when it comes to understanding how their actions affect the room.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but this was something Bryan Murray understood, as a player's coach-turned-GM. Dorion doesn't seem capable of thinking that way.


Totally agree. I find it hard to understand the contrast between Dorion's obsession with talking about character when he evaluates players, and the stunning deterioration of everything in the room under his watch. We are a team, of good hard working character players, who increasingly dislike each other and playing in Ottawa. Good job Pierre.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am
by senate
This has been posted a lot on other places, but I think it is good indictment of Dorion so I am posting it here.


Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:08 am
by BlackRedGold
senate wrote:This has been posted a lot on other places, but I think it is good indictment of Dorion so I am posting it here.




Here are the players that came back for those players who will be in the lineup to start the season:

Duchene
Tierney
Boedker
Demelo

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:04 pm
by TGR
We're a team again!


Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:04 pm
by Hossa
BlackRedGold wrote:
senate wrote:This has been posted a lot on other places, but I think it is good indictment of Dorion so I am posting it here.




Here are the players that came back for those players who will be in the lineup to start the season:

Duchene
Tierney
Boedker
Demelo


Right, and Boedker has negative value and DeMelo didn't even get a qualifying offer.

Asset management at its finest.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:12 pm
by senate
So they alienated Smith and demoralized the locker room for nothing. :paulrus:

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:34 pm
by BlackRedGold
Hossa wrote:
BlackRedGold wrote:
senate wrote:This has been posted a lot on other places, but I think it is good indictment of Dorion so I am posting it here.




Here are the players that came back for those players who will be in the lineup to start the season:

Duchene
Tierney
Boedker
Demelo


Right, and Boedker has negative value and DeMelo didn't even get a qualifying offer.

Asset management at its finest.


Plus we had to throw in our first rounder for next year to get those assets. :facepalermo: :facepalermo: :facepalermo:

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:02 pm
by AD
Stop it guys. You're just hurting yourselves.

This isn't easy to watch.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:23 am
by senate
:trump:


Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:54 am
by MP
Yeah, play to your salary expectations or else we'll waive you, and when nobody claims you... Well, just remember we waived you.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:56 am
by mayoradamwest
the important thing is that management tells the players that it unacceptable to play to the level of the team management put together.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:13 pm
by Hossa
Dorion ostensibly holding hold others accountable for their poor job performance is pretty rich.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:06 pm
by sensdiehard
Image

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:34 am
by Thomas Malthus
Some people are trying to spin this as Dorion playing 4D chess. Susf.

Sending a message about last year? Didn’t the Hoffman and Karlsson trades do that? Didn’t the exit interviews do that? Didn’t the team meetings at the start of training camp do that?

This is some passive agggressive high school shit from Dorion/Melnyk if you actually believe their spin. In reality it’s just Dorion trying to deflect after Smith clearing didn’t save Melnyk money.

Poor communication and everyone in the organization confused about the plan? Sounds like the Sens to me.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:45 am
by AD
Stop...

...

...please...

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:45 pm
by mayoradamwest
Image

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:02 am
by senate

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:08 pm
by senate

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:29 pm
by senate
So looks like the plan is to get the Chinese to pay for the Lebreton Flats redevelopment.

Through his company, the high-profile owner of the Ottawa Senators wants to create a pilot immigration program in Ontario.

Capital Sports Holdings Inc. signed John McKenna of Hansell McLaughlin Advisory to gather support for a pilot Immigration Investor Nominee Program in Ontario “that allows passive foreign investors to secure permanent-residency status through significant investment of capital.” In particular, McKenna will be lobbying the PMO, IRCC and ISED.

Capital Sports Holdings owns the Ottawa Senators and is controlled by Eugene Melnyk, who made his money in the pharmaceutical industry before taking over the Senators. He also owns a racecourse and successful horse-breeding farms in the United States.

The company also wants government officials to consider amending Section 87 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, which currently don’t allow foreign nationals who’ve sunk capital into the country to apply under the country’s immigration system as provincial nominees.

Until 2014, the federal government issued immigrant-investor visas to facilitate the path to Canadian citizenship for wealthy migrants with business interests in the country. Some provinces, such as Quebec and P.E.I., have their own programs in place for any migrants who can guarantee they would invest in the province.


https://ipolitics.ca/2018/10/15/lobby-wrap-ottawa-sens-owner-eyes-immigration-investor-pilot/

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:43 pm
by Germz
Tkachuk is out for a month with a torn ligament. Supposedly it happened while he was throwing a hit. And then he played through it for the rest of the game.

Looks like a new narrative will be upon us. I.e. his reckless playing style will put him repeatedly on the IR and stunt his development.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:38 pm
by Ricard_Persson
They replayed the hit a few times, seemed to happen when he bounced off the player and hit the boards. Tough break as he was seeming to build confidence out there.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:22 pm
by TGR
senate wrote:So looks like the plan is to get the Chinese to pay for the Lebreton Flats redevelopment.

Through his company, the high-profile owner of the Ottawa Senators wants to create a pilot immigration program in Ontario.

Capital Sports Holdings Inc. signed John McKenna of Hansell McLaughlin Advisory to gather support for a pilot Immigration Investor Nominee Program in Ontario “that allows passive foreign investors to secure permanent-residency status through significant investment of capital.” In particular, McKenna will be lobbying the PMO, IRCC and ISED.

Capital Sports Holdings owns the Ottawa Senators and is controlled by Eugene Melnyk, who made his money in the pharmaceutical industry before taking over the Senators. He also owns a racecourse and successful horse-breeding farms in the United States.

The company also wants government officials to consider amending Section 87 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, which currently don’t allow foreign nationals who’ve sunk capital into the country to apply under the country’s immigration system as provincial nominees.

Until 2014, the federal government issued immigrant-investor visas to facilitate the path to Canadian citizenship for wealthy migrants with business interests in the country. Some provinces, such as Quebec and P.E.I., have their own programs in place for any migrants who can guarantee they would invest in the province.


https://ipolitics.ca/2018/10/15/lobby-wrap-ottawa-sens-owner-eyes-immigration-investor-pilot/


Well, the arena would be close to China Town.

:trump:

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:46 pm
by The Bytown Boozer



Image

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:54 pm
by Dr_Chimera

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:47 pm
by Ricard_Persson
Mickey has struggled and their going to kill Anderson with 150-200 shots a week.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:29 pm
by Ricard_Persson
I would probably trade Matt Duchene at the deadline. With the roster and magic 18-21 year old age group that Ottawa, I’d say the return is better than Duchene over the next five years.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:34 pm
by mayoradamwest
I think Stone would leave if duchenne were traded

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:10 pm
by FH2002
Dorion won’t trade them at the deadline. He’ll do it June 30th.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:06 pm
by TGR
FH2002 wrote:Dorion won’t trade them at the deadline. He’ll do it June 30th.


Or a day before the start of training camp...

In other news, the Twitter account @PierreInOrleans has been suspended.

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:47 pm
by Ricard_Persson
This uber undercover video is insane. One of the craziest sports stories you'll see, and one once again with your ottawa senators front and center. What a 12 months. Nothing short of insane.

How does a team and staff deal with this mid season. My God. It's on another level.