GDT: Ottawa v The Swamp

senate
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 251 times
Received rep: 217 times

GDT: Ottawa v The Swamp

Post #1 by senate » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:32 pm

I like Ryan and Duchene on the same line because scoring chances are more exciting than goals.
The Bytown Boozer
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 214 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: GDT: Ottawa v The Swamp

Post #2 by The Bytown Boozer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Y'know the media always shits on us for having such a small fanbase, but how in the fuck are we supposed to grow if I can't watch the games without a $200 cable package? What fucking channel is this game on?!? Sportsnet Neptune?

Fuck's sake, this is from the same media conglomerates that forces our team to continually play at 2pm on Saturdays so they can stroke off the Leafs at 7pm on national TV.
senate
Registered Broad

Post #3 by senate » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:11 pm

The Bytown Boozer wrote:Y'know the media always shits on us for having such a small fanbase, but how in the fuck are we supposed to grow if I can't watch the games without a $200 cable package? What fucking channel is this game on?!? Sportsnet Neptune?

Fuck's sake, this is from the same media conglomerates that forces our team to continually play at 2pm on Saturdays so they can stroke off the Leafs at 7pm on national TV.

Either pay up for the premium channels or give up and become a Leaf fan. Either way Bell and Rogers get your money.
senate
Registered Broad

Post #4 by senate » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:13 pm

If Ryan's finger isn't good enough to shoot with then he shouldn't be dressed at all.
Germz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 100 times
Received rep: 67 times

Post #5 by Germz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:47 pm

I was at this game. It was a turd. I drank labatts. Ryan is garbage. Duchene is garbage. Everyone was garbage. I wanted then to be embarrassed. I had a good time. :)
Ricard_Persson
Has given rep: 46 times
Received rep: 60 times

Post #6 by Ricard_Persson » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:09 pm

It's always fun to watch these annual train wrecks that you get with this hockey team. It looks like they'll never win another game. The score was flattering, it wasn't even close. Wash had the puck all night and Ottawa was chasing. So much skill and speed on Washington they looked much better than their so so record.

I can't even name a player on Ottawa that looked good. The blow out gave Chabot some ice time and he looked decent, however Washington didn't try after going up 4-0.

Will be interesting to see how bad this one gets. It could get really bad and there's a good chance they lose the next two games to really ratchet things up. Should be fun.
PredsFan77
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 227 times

Post #7 by PredsFan77 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:04 pm

kyle turris got the shootout winner vs montreal habitants
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 206 times
Received rep: 122 times

Post #8 by mayoradamwest » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:27 am

Need the Mike commodore method
MP
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 145 times
Received rep: 272 times

Post #9 by MP » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:42 am

I'm giving up on this team until their end of season 15-1-2 run to claim the last wildcard spot.
senate
Registered Broad

Post #10 by senate » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:03 am

I'm going to become increasingly more cynical about this team. Or rather, increasingly more openly cynical.
Germz
Registered Broad

Post #11 by Germz » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:06 am

We've seen our share of garbage Novembers right? I'm with Rico for now.

The real disappointment for me was taking a friend to his first NHL game last night. It was such a one-sided walloping that he was pretty bored.
Germz
Registered Broad

Post #12 by Germz » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:07 am

Ricard_Persson wrote:Will be interesting to see how bad this one gets. It could get really bad and there's a good chance they lose the next two games to really ratchet things up. Should be fun.

How many more pointless games before the CTC starts booing Duchene?
Ricard_Persson
Has given rep: 46 times
Received rep: 60 times

Post #13 by Ricard_Persson » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Duchene actually hasn't been that bad I don't think. Last game he may have been the best forward, which doesn't say anything.

There seems to be a different funk on the ice with the entire team. We've seen it before, it will get worse and there will be a players only meeting that the media hypes and then they'll win a game 5-1 and all will be back to normal. It's the same script every year or two.

Boucher is maybe the wild card with the fans. I think they're far from booing Duchene, but maybe not far from booing the coach. It's a slippery slope in Ottawa and almost taboo now to question a coach since it's such a sore spot when you look at the pile of coaches carcasses this team has stacked up out back. Boucher was a huge factor in getting them to almost playing hockey in June last season. That was a special run, maybe the best ever as far as pure unexpected fun.

However, the man has always had warts. How he handles young players and his stubbornness to not make changes is going to have to be bridges that he must properly navigate. He'll need to adapt and learn from what went wrong in Tampa, and he'll have to put up with young players mistakes the same way he seems to turn a blind eye on the same mistake made by someone 10 years older.

It will be interesting. I hope this funk ends mainly so the coach doesn't become a center of attention from a distraction stand point. It hasn't been long enough in Ottawa to hear whispers of a coaching issue. Please, I can't take anymore just yet. I have full expectations that Boucher won't be coaching here in 4 years, but I think he still has a year or two shelf life to give.

Dorion is also in a tough spot with his main issue always being too open and honest and positive and happy. He shows his cards and has publicly shown his love for Boucher, and now it seems like Boucher may have as much say in player personal as the GM. He's also called the player he has to re-sign, God which will add to an already interesting contract negotiation. It will be interesting to see how the careers of Boucher and Dorion go down in Ottawa.

I'd like to see Dorion get a little more of an edge. I could see Boucher firing Dorion at this point, the tables have really turned in Ottawa with coaching power.

Return to “Canadian Tire Fire Centre”