senate wrote:Dorion and whoever the fuck the new COO is did an interview on CBC radio this morning. Some highlights:
- they plan to trade Karlsson was formulated after July 1st. You misunderstood when Pierre Dorion said February
- the return for Karlsson was good because it is better than him leaving as a UFA
- Mark Stone really wants to sign a 8 year deal in Ottawa, he was close to signing one in the summer
- the Senators internal polling shows that 75% of fans support the organization and "are confident with the direction of the team"
- most of angry fans are angry because they don't accept the need for a rebuild
- the Senators have the largest pool of talented prospects in the history of the franchise
- people are reacting to the Karlsson trade the same way they did to the Burrows trade: Per Dorion, “Yesterday I walked the concourse at fanfest, not one person was mad at me. I shook every hand. A few people said ‘we’re a bit disappointed Karlsson’s gone’ but a person said ‘we have faith in what you guys are doing.'”
And then CBC ran a poll asking fans if they were confident in the Sens direction. After about 10,000 votes on twitter, 92% are not confident. Bluff called.