GDT: Germz and Googlebot watch the 2018-19 Season

and The Silver Seven
ColinM
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1 time
Received rep: 14 times

Re: GDT: Germz and Googlebot watch the 2018-19 Season

Post #101 by ColinM » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:08 pm

It feels like tonight is the Sens last chance to win a game this season. They finally get to play a team which is almost as bad and are doing so at home. The race to the bottom heats up.
MP
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 147 times
Received rep: 392 times

Post #102 by MP » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:32 pm

Some undrafted scrub named Colby Cave just scored on us. Colby fuckin' Cave... Let that sink in.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 428 times
Received rep: 258 times

Post #103 by mayoradamwest » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:33 pm

At least gretzky looks unhappy. :colbert:
ColinM
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1 time
Received rep: 14 times

Post #104 by ColinM » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:48 pm

Haza they finally won a game. They almost grabbed defeat from the Jaws of Victory at the end but alas the 6 game losing streak is over. Dare I dream they might not finish in last place once other teams start taking tanking seriously.
Ricard_Persson
Has given rep: 72 times
Received rep: 102 times

Post #105 by Ricard_Persson » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:03 pm

Nothing like a win against the leafs. I really didn't want to watch this game. I think I've seen every leafs/sens games ever played and this was one of the few that I've seen Ottawa put the pedal to the floor all game. Usually its an up and down yo-yo game. Even with the old skilled sens team and when the leafs were awful Ottawa would take their foot off the gas. Crawford, while I hope he isn't the coach next year, he does have the guys playing much better than under Boucher. So much faster looking.

I'll have my write up on the leafs coming before the playoffs. A fascinating organization and fan base. Watch for it and please subscribe only $3.99 a month.

I think you have to bring Nilsson back next year. Hopefully on a one year or two year max deal. Players seem to like him and he's capable. Will never be a starter because of inconsistency, but a good back up guy and I like my goalies at his age. Young enough to still learn and old enough to have learned a lot through mistakes.

Max veronneau is intriguing. First game is always adrenaline and he looked good. He looked pretty good this game too. I have to hold myself back because of the names on the list of sens NCAA signings and its awful, but this kid can skate which is mandatory for me now on any player, but he's actually smart. He sees the ice very well and made some exceptional passes in both games. I'm afraid of another Bobby butler but if this guy was a second round pick I'd be stoked. He looks good and his mind will probably be what separates him from the other NCAA signings.
Germz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 120 times
Received rep: 113 times

Post #106 by Germz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:17 am

Only watched the recap, but that's more than I can say for the last month or two.

No help from the Toronto D, but yikes did Sparks ever have an awful game. Dubas should've listened to Grapes.
BlackRedGold
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 7 times

Post #107 by BlackRedGold » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:50 pm

I was otherwise occupied by the game was on in an adjacent room. It was easy to tell who scored though. If it was the Sens you'd hear the goal horn booming and if it was the Leafs you'd hear the announcers booming.
Ricard_Persson
Has given rep: 72 times
Received rep: 102 times

Post #108 by Ricard_Persson » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:01 pm

Bruins off to round two. I watched some of this well, because, it's hard to avoid any Leaf news/games/coverage/talk.

It's coming up to the end of an era in Boston with that aging core. That is one of the nice things about being in the toilet with this Ottawa team. We won't have to watch a too old team be taken out back to the gravel pit and put down for a long time here. Bruins really looked half-meh most of that series and aren't the powerhouse in the division that they once were. A couple decent young guys on the team for sure, but to me this looks like the Bruins last run with a team that has a chance to do damage. Apart from Pastrenak and MacAvoy, all key players are pretty much going to get worse from here on out. Bergeron and Marchand aren't kids anymore. The years fly by. Big Zed, incredible that he can still play pretty damn well at that age, but he's going to be a fringe NHL player starting next year.

The ups and downs of NHL rosters in the cap world is pretty crazy. Make your runs when you think you can and then reload and unload for the next one. Best teams will be the ones who can minimize down years with good consistent drafting and identifying filler players in lower lines via UFA or trade to plug holes and play well.

Return to “Ottawa Senators”