ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 40019
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 273 times
Received rep: 456 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1701 by clawfirst » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:31 pm

I think im ok with hot karl taking the season off. The canadian tire firesale and all.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4831
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 507 times
Received rep: 372 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1702 by Curry Rage » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:33 pm

Philthy Thrillz wrote:So AZ is still wrong?

Probably. But, I don't need Tyler Dellow to tell me that Karlsson has problems defending.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16663
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 417 times
Received rep: 236 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1703 by vf » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Not that Doughty is much better.
User avatar
paulster
Registered Broad
Posts: 1903
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am
Has given rep: 690 times
Received rep: 276 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1704 by paulster » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Philthy Thrillz wrote:Im souring on EK and his sulking, entitled, self serving, little school girl attitude.


He’s just so.... Swedish.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 26843
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 351 times
Received rep: 389 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1705 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Curry Rage wrote:
Philthy Thrillz wrote:So AZ is still wrong?

Probably. But, I don't need Tyler Dellow to tell me that Karlsson has problems defending.



Should have stood my ground instead of folding up like a cheap suit.
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8195
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 205 times
Received rep: 261 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1706 by AGENT ZERO » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:11 pm

Philthy Thrillz wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:
Philthy Thrillz wrote:So AZ is still wrong?

Probably. But, I don't need Tyler Dellow to tell me that Karlsson has problems defending.



Should have stood my ground instead of folding up like a cheap suit.


Or maybe read the Dellows article first? He even admits that his conclusion could be the byproduct of poor luck with respect to on ice Sv%.

Essentially the Senators give up one more goal per 100 shots when Karlsson is on the ice even though they concede less shot attempts when he is on the ice. It may be the case that Karlsson is to blame for that decrease in on save% or it could be bad luck which is typicslly the case when discussing outliers in on ice save%.
User avatar
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Posts: 2101
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am
Has given rep: 29 times
Received rep: 246 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1707 by mooseOAK » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:02 pm

Karlsson tends to make spectacular mistakes.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 26843
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 351 times
Received rep: 389 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1708 by Philthy Thrillz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:51 am

How many less shot attempts?
User avatar
Honus Joglund
Registered Broad
Posts: 18537
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Politzania
Received rep: 449 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1709 by Honus Joglund » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 am

Does anyone track shot considerations? I would imagine that many players don't even think about shooting when they're on the ice against Karlsson.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7576
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 478 times
Received rep: 487 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1710 by LeafOfBread » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:01 am

User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7576
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 478 times
Received rep: 487 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1711 by LeafOfBread » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:10 am

User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16663
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 417 times
Received rep: 236 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1712 by vf » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:27 pm

So we can now safely assume Marner>Eichel yes?
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 41 times
Received rep: 143 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1713 by Whit Dickman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:42 am

Johnsson & Rosen called up.
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 11366
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 256 times
Received rep: 439 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1714 by WTF » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:44 am

Yeah, I just that as well:

User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7576
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 478 times
Received rep: 487 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1715 by LeafOfBread » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:58 am

WTF wrote:Yeah, I just that as well:


:ferreturbation:
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 26843
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 351 times
Received rep: 389 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1716 by Philthy Thrillz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:26 am

Awesome.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7576
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 478 times
Received rep: 487 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1717 by LeafOfBread » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Image

Makes sense. AJ played with Kapanen in the AHL I believe, plus he's good defensively and can PK, and is offensively talented as well. That's a pretty damn good line all things considered.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 26843
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 351 times
Received rep: 389 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1718 by Philthy Thrillz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Guess he's getting 2nd pp time in practice. Finally a onetimer option? Maybe...
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 26843
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 351 times
Received rep: 389 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1719 by Philthy Thrillz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:13 pm

No Zaitsev or Dermott? What the hell is going on.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7576
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 478 times
Received rep: 487 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1720 by LeafOfBread » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Philthy Thrillz wrote:No Zaitsev or Dermott? What the hell is going on.

Zaitsev has been suffering from this year's nasty flu. Apparently the symptoms haven't been going away so he's going for further tests
User avatar
stoney
Registered Broad
Posts: 5880
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm
Has given rep: 231 times
Received rep: 133 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1721 by stoney » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:53 pm

I do feel bad for Leivo sometimes. Sets up the first goal. Basically goes unnoticed on the 4th line after that, out the next game.

I suppose they know what they have with him. With Johnsson, he might fill more roles than just a PP specialist.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4831
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 507 times
Received rep: 372 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1722 by Curry Rage » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:12 pm

stoney wrote:I do feel bad for Leivo sometimes. Sets up the first goal. Basically goes unnoticed on the 4th line after that, out the next game.

I suppose they know what they have with him. With Johnsson, he might fill more roles than just a PP specialist.


Leivo was pretty good the other night. I think you're right that Johnsson's versatility might be a factor here as well as providing a bit more speed to match with Kapanen. Johnsson has certainly earned the call-up. Looks like Babs is experimenting a bit to find the right fit with Pleks so he can just happily roll four lines that all come at you in a hurry.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4316
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 141 times
Received rep: 424 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1723 by Thomas Malthus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:37 pm

The team needs to figure out what they have in Johnsson, who several people have said is too good for the AHL, especially with Komarov and JvR departing this offseason.

That fourth line is really a third line, I hope they just devour other team's fourth lines.

Interesting that it's Rosen called up instead of Borgman, but I guess they want to see what he can do too.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4831
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 507 times
Received rep: 372 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1724 by Curry Rage » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Rosen is a weird one. I mean, I wasn't expecting huge production based on his SHL stats but he just hasn't done much in the AHL. But, even if the offense isn't there, his skating is so good you hope it could still make him useful somehow.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
stoney
Registered Broad
Posts: 5880
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm
Has given rep: 231 times
Received rep: 133 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1725 by stoney » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Curry Rage wrote:
stoney wrote:I do feel bad for Leivo sometimes. Sets up the first goal. Basically goes unnoticed on the 4th line after that, out the next game.

I suppose they know what they have with him. With Johnsson, he might fill more roles than just a PP specialist.


Leivo was pretty good the other night. I think you're right that Johnsson's versatility might be a factor here as well as providing a bit more speed to match with Kapanen. Johnsson has certainly earned the call-up. Looks like Babs is experimenting a bit to find the right fit with Pleks so he can just happily roll four lines that all come at you in a hurry.


I read that Johnsson has question marks around his top end speed?
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16663
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 417 times
Received rep: 236 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1726 by vf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:58 pm

Curry Rage wrote:Rosen is a weird one. I mean, I wasn't expecting huge production based on his SHL stats but he just hasn't done much in the AHL. But, even if the offense isn't there, his skating is so good you hope it could still make him useful somehow.


Ron Hainsey
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7576
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 478 times
Received rep: 487 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1727 by LeafOfBread » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:44 pm

stoney wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:
stoney wrote:I do feel bad for Leivo sometimes. Sets up the first goal. Basically goes unnoticed on the 4th line after that, out the next game.

I suppose they know what they have with him. With Johnsson, he might fill more roles than just a PP specialist.


Leivo was pretty good the other night. I think you're right that Johnsson's versatility might be a factor here as well as providing a bit more speed to match with Kapanen. Johnsson has certainly earned the call-up. Looks like Babs is experimenting a bit to find the right fit with Pleks so he can just happily roll four lines that all come at you in a hurry.


I read that Johnsson has question marks around his top end speed?

He does? Looks like a pretty solid skater to me. Pretty much everything about him is good except for his size, but he makes up for that by being strong on his skates and still effective on the boards and in going to the net.
Dynrehab
Registered Broad
Posts: 2086
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 pm
Has given rep: 97 times
Received rep: 202 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1728 by Dynrehab » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Curry Rage wrote: I don't need Tyler Dellow to tell me that Karlsson has problems defending.


Me and HS have been saying that since before the Philly game.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4831
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 507 times
Received rep: 372 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1729 by Curry Rage » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:12 pm

stoney wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:
stoney wrote:I do feel bad for Leivo sometimes. Sets up the first goal. Basically goes unnoticed on the 4th line after that, out the next game.

I suppose they know what they have with him. With Johnsson, he might fill more roles than just a PP specialist.


Leivo was pretty good the other night. I think you're right that Johnsson's versatility might be a factor here as well as providing a bit more speed to match with Kapanen. Johnsson has certainly earned the call-up. Looks like Babs is experimenting a bit to find the right fit with Pleks so he can just happily roll four lines that all come at you in a hurry.


I read that Johnsson has question marks around his top end speed?

Yeah, but he's still quicker than Leivo.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
stoney
Registered Broad
Posts: 5880
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm
Has given rep: 231 times
Received rep: 133 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1730 by stoney » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:01 pm

LeafOfBread wrote:
stoney wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:
Leivo was pretty good the other night. I think you're right that Johnsson's versatility might be a factor here as well as providing a bit more speed to match with Kapanen. Johnsson has certainly earned the call-up. Looks like Babs is experimenting a bit to find the right fit with Pleks so he can just happily roll four lines that all come at you in a hurry.


I read that Johnsson has question marks around his top end speed?

He does? Looks like a pretty solid skater to me. Pretty much everything about him is good except for his size, but he makes up for that by being strong on his skates and still effective on the boards and in going to the net.


Scouting reports on guys drafted where he was are as reliable as expected.

I don't care, if he is quick around the boards and net and is as smart as advertised, that's perfect.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4831
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 507 times
Received rep: 372 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1731 by Curry Rage » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:09 pm

stoney wrote:
LeafOfBread wrote:
stoney wrote:
I read that Johnsson has question marks around his top end speed?

He does? Looks like a pretty solid skater to me. Pretty much everything about him is good except for his size, but he makes up for that by being strong on his skates and still effective on the boards and in going to the net.


Scouting reports on guys drafted where was are as reliable as expected.

I don't care, if he is quick around the boards and net and is as smart as advertised, that's perfect.


Yeah, and there's top end straight line speed and then there's acceleration, mobility and strength on your skates.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16663
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 417 times
Received rep: 236 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1732 by vf » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:34 am

stoney wrote:
LeafOfBread wrote:
stoney wrote:
I read that Johnsson has question marks around his top end speed?

He does? Looks like a pretty solid skater to me. Pretty much everything about him is good except for his size, but he makes up for that by being strong on his skates and still effective on the boards and in going to the net.


Scouting reports on guys drafted where he was are as reliable as expected.

I don't care, if he is quick around the boards and net and is as smart as advertised, that's perfect.


With Jonsson especially because he was drafted before he was diagnosed with asthma. Getting him on the right drugs have made a world of difference for him.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7576
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 478 times
Received rep: 487 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1733 by LeafOfBread » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:06 pm

vf wrote:
stoney wrote:
LeafOfBread wrote:He does? Looks like a pretty solid skater to me. Pretty much everything about him is good except for his size, but he makes up for that by being strong on his skates and still effective on the boards and in going to the net.


Scouting reports on guys drafted where he was are as reliable as expected.

I don't care, if he is quick around the boards and net and is as smart as advertised, that's perfect.


With Jonsson especially because he was drafted before he was diagnosed with asthma. Getting him on the right drugs have made a world of difference for him.

I always forget about this, great point.
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8195
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 205 times
Received rep: 261 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1734 by AGENT ZERO » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Justin Bourne did a piece on Johnsson last week, in it he had this to say about his speed:

He is small, and as much as there's this big movement (at least in the media) that every team is going smaller, there's no doubt being small is a real limitation. He's also not what I'd call fast, at least not in the straightaway sense. He is quick in tight spaces, and because he's so quick to react (again, smart) he can create separation, but I don't think in a straightaway foot race he's the fastest guy.
User avatar
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Posts: 2101
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am
Has given rep: 29 times
Received rep: 246 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1735 by mooseOAK » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:24 pm

There is only one fastest guy.
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16663
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 417 times
Received rep: 236 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1736 by vf » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:42 pm

He's small, but not Brandon Kozun small. More like Nikita Soshnikov small.
User avatar
cawbber
Registered Broad
Posts: 14873
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm
Has given rep: 210 times
Received rep: 152 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1737 by cawbber » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:30 pm

vf wrote:He's small, but not Brandon Kozun small. More like Nikita Soshnikov small.

but is he Jason Allison fast?
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 11366
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 256 times
Received rep: 439 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1738 by WTF » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:50 pm

cawbber wrote:
vf wrote:He's small, but not Brandon Kozun small. More like Nikita Soshnikov small.

but is he Jason Allison fast?


And does he have helmet-rending power like Allison?
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 40019
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 273 times
Received rep: 456 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1739 by clawfirst » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:19 pm

Allison was a very good hockey player.


So was Larry Murphy
User avatar
MonkeyWrench
Registered Broad
Posts: 8354
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 pm
Has given rep: 198 times
Received rep: 217 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1740 by MonkeyWrench » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:25 am

Sparks an emergency call up.

I would be singing a different tune if it was the playoffs obviously, but it makes me happy how we're able to see young players making their mark at the NHL level for the first time, (dermott, Kapanen, Johansson), as a rebuilding team might be doing...and at the same time be #winning.

Brings a big ol smile to my face.
User avatar
stoney
Registered Broad
Posts: 5880
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm
Has given rep: 231 times
Received rep: 133 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1741 by stoney » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 am

MonkeyWrench wrote:Sparks an emergency call up.

I would be singing a different tune if it was the playoffs obviously, but it makes me happy how we're able to see young players making their mark at the NHL level for the first time, (dermott, Kapanen, Johansson), as a rebuilding team might be doing...and at the same time be #winning.

Brings a big ol smile to my face.


Andersen gets crumpled when he gets hit. We should give Sparks/Pickard some reps before the playoffs. You know Marchand is going to "defend himself" and head shot Freddie at least once
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 11366
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 256 times
Received rep: 439 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1742 by WTF » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:55 am

stoney wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote:Sparks an emergency call up.

I would be singing a different tune if it was the playoffs obviously, but it makes me happy how we're able to see young players making their mark at the NHL level for the first time, (dermott, Kapanen, Johansson), as a rebuilding team might be doing...and at the same time be #winning.

Brings a big ol smile to my face.


Andersen gets crumpled when he gets hit. We should give Sparks/Pickard some reps before the playoffs. You know Marchand is going to "defend himself" and head shot Freddie at least once


I hope someone defends themselves on the ice by "accidentally" landing on Marchand's knee at an awkward angle.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4831
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 507 times
Received rep: 372 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1743 by Curry Rage » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:09 am

So, what's the deal with McElhinney? Prior to coming to the Leafs he was statistically average or even below but he's put up some great numbers. Just luck? Something to do with how the Leafs train and develop their goaltenders? At the time of the trade it seemed kind of weird considering his record but were the brass applying some statistical voodoo that told them he had more in the tank?
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 11366
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 256 times
Received rep: 439 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1744 by WTF » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:12 am

Curry Rage wrote:So, what's the deal with McElhinney? Prior to coming to the Leafs he was statistically average or even below but he's put up some great numbers. Just luck? Something to do with how the Leafs train and develop their goaltenders? At the time of the trade it seemed kind of weird considering his record but were the brass applying some statistical voodoo that told them he had more in the tank?


Even better, didn't we pick him up off waivers?

Edit: Found it. We did indeed. Waiver Watch: Maple Leafs claim Curtis McElhinney
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4831
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 507 times
Received rep: 372 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1745 by Curry Rage » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:28 am

Huh. I remembered it as tossing a 7th or something at them. Even better! Still, who knew?
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
cawbber
Registered Broad
Posts: 14873
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm
Has given rep: 210 times
Received rep: 152 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1746 by cawbber » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:44 am

clawfirst wrote:Allison was a very good hockey player.


So was Larry Murphy

yes. both also slow as dirt
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8195
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 205 times
Received rep: 261 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1747 by AGENT ZERO » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Andersen is a massive part of this team, and losing him sucks, but there isn't an organization in hockey better poised to fill his absence than the Leafs. Sparks and Pickard in particular should probably already be starting in the NHL.
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4316
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 141 times
Received rep: 424 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1748 by Thomas Malthus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:19 pm

McBackup's rise as a quality backup goaler after seemingly being one of the worst for the years prior to joining the Leafs is just mystifying.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4831
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 507 times
Received rep: 372 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1749 by Curry Rage » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:37 pm

If you'll permit me a Boardsian moment, what if we had never made the Kessel trade and had built around Sequins?
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 26843
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 351 times
Received rep: 389 times

Re: ongoing 2017-2018 season discussion

Post #1750 by Philthy Thrillz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:23 pm

We still suck, shanny trades him, draft Matthews and here we are?

Return to “The Auston Matthews show”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests