2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Results: Will still lose to Boston in 7 games
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 5188
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 278 times
Received rep: 597 times

2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #1 by Thomas Malthus » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:40 am

A place to call home this season.
"It's not like we don't have skill, we do have skill. Just we don't know how to play." - Mike Babcock
User avatar
paulster
Registered Broad
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am
Has given rep: 930 times
Received rep: 441 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #2 by paulster » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:43 am

This should be chickpea’s home page.
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 3591
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 89 times
Received rep: 200 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #3 by Whit Dickman » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Can't wait to whinge with you all year, friends
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 9038
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 390 times
Received rep: 662 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #4 by WTF » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:28 pm

A place for realgudpros and those of us who want to bitch about Babcock overplaying them.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 8701
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 810 times
Received rep: 746 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #5 by LeafOfBread » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:44 pm

paulster wrote:This should be chickpea’s home page.

he already has 4chan for that
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 8701
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 810 times
Received rep: 746 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #6 by LeafOfBread » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:35 pm

Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5820
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 795 times
Received rep: 624 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #7 by Curry Rage » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:54 pm

Gonna save my whinging for when one of our goaltenders gets hurt or Hutchison shits the bed and we can’t do anything about it because Wunderkind got hosed by Marner for a couple million a year.

:trump:
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 24327
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 419 times
Received rep: 615 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #8 by clawfirst » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:36 pm

LeafOfBread wrote:
paulster wrote:This should be chickpea’s home page.

he already has 4chan for that

Guys you all did great not taking his bait in the gdt. Don't turn this rape into a murder suicide.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5820
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 795 times
Received rep: 624 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #9 by Curry Rage » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:43 am

Has anyone heard anything about the Neuvirth thing? He disappeared in a haze of speculation about physical or mental health and then the story just died. What the fuck happened there?
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 3591
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 89 times
Received rep: 200 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #10 by Whit Dickman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:18 am

He was released from his PTO after getting injured
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5820
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 795 times
Received rep: 624 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #11 by Curry Rage » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:28 am

I know, I’m curious about why. What was the injury? Recurring problem? Something fresh?
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
MonkeyWrench
Registered Broad
Posts: 8576
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 pm
Has given rep: 365 times
Received rep: 288 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #12 by MonkeyWrench » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Curry Rage wrote:I know, I’m curious about why. What was the injury? Recurring problem? Something fresh?


In an interview during camp he stated that one of the main reasons he signed a pto with the leafs was because he was confident in their medical department/staff. So chances are he's fragile physically and was seeking any form of assistance aswell as a potential job.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5820
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 795 times
Received rep: 624 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #13 by Curry Rage » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:15 pm

He’s had hip problems, I think. Just wondering if this signals he’s done or what?
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 5188
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 278 times
Received rep: 597 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #14 by Thomas Malthus » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:23 am

He could still practice with the team, I think. So if they thought the sports science and medical team could rebuild him then they might have kept him around. Have to think he’s done.

I was upset with Babs last year but the leash people have him in right now is a bit ridiculous. Getting pissed that a rookie isn’t getting 15-16 minutes while playing with Marv? If Babs was playing him more and he was struggling they’d be pisses that Babs was tanking his confidence and failing to ease him into the league.

Do they also forget that he’s trying to see what he has in the Muzzin-Barrie and Rielly-Ceci pairings?

Babs has some faults but it seems like lots of people have made up their minds and want him gone, regardless of what’s actually happening.
"It's not like we don't have skill, we do have skill. Just we don't know how to play." - Mike Babcock
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 1071 times
Received rep: 786 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #15 by chicpea » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:43 am

Curry Rage wrote:Has anyone heard anything about the Neuvirth thing? He disappeared in a haze of speculation about physical or mental health and then the story just died. What the fuck happened there?


""Neuvy was not feeling up to it"
- Mike Babcoč
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 3591
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 89 times
Received rep: 200 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #16 by Whit Dickman » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Thomas Malthus wrote:He could still practice with the team, I think. So if they thought the sports science and medical team could rebuild him then they might have kept him around. Have to think he’s done.

I was upset with Babs last year but the leash people have him in right now is a bit ridiculous. Getting pissed that a rookie isn’t getting 15-16 minutes while playing with Marv? If Babs was playing him more and he was struggling they’d be pisses that Babs was tanking his confidence and failing to ease him into the league.

Do they also forget that he’s trying to see what he has in the Muzzin-Barrie and Rielly-Ceci pairings?

Babs has some faults but it seems like lots of people have made up their minds and want him gone, regardless of what’s actually happening.


I'm happy with the d-men usage so far. Might need to spread it out a bit more once Dermott gets back. But Marincin shouldn't be seeing more than 10 minutes per night at even strength. And we have guys who can eat minutes in the top 4.
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 5188
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 278 times
Received rep: 597 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #17 by Thomas Malthus » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:49 pm

I concur, EB.

I think the big question I have right now is who's going to take the tough minutes. We don't really know what either of our top pairings can do, so I'm totally fine with Babs giving them big minutes to figure it out. Especially since I don't think there's anything wrong with easing Sandin into things. If he plays well, then when Dermott gets back he'll get more minutes with a more capable partner. If he doesn't play well, he'll get send to the Marlies and play big minutes. Regardless, the decision will be made in less than 15 games which won't make or break his season/development.

Sounds like a win-win.
"It's not like we don't have skill, we do have skill. Just we don't know how to play." - Mike Babcock
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5820
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 795 times
Received rep: 624 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #18 by Curry Rage » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:22 am

I see there’s talk of moving Kappy off the Tavares line because they aren’t producing 5v5. How about the 10.893 million dollar man starts making players around him better? Think of the scrubs the great ones have made into useful players. We’re talking about a 20G guy with all world speed. Figure it out.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 5188
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 278 times
Received rep: 597 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #19 by Thomas Malthus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:38 am

100% agree, Rage.

From what I've seen so far this season, Mitch has been god awful at 5v5. Tavares hasn't really wowed me either. Kapanen is what he is, a complementary piece. But yeah, he's the problem.

Sure, I think Kapanen does a mighty fine Jason Blake impression but if Kapanen is always the player on that line with the puck on his stick entering the zone and looking to make plays there's a problem.
"It's not like we don't have skill, we do have skill. Just we don't know how to play." - Mike Babcock
User avatar
stoney
Registered Broad
Posts: 3727
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm
Has given rep: 320 times
Received rep: 202 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #20 by stoney » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:55 am

Curry Rage wrote:I see there’s talk of moving Kappy off the Tavares line because they aren’t producing 5v5. How about the 10.893 million dollar man starts making players around him better? Think of the scrubs the great ones have made into useful players. We’re talking about a 20G guy with all world speed. Figure it out.


Marner looks useless outside of game 1.

For all the whining, Nylander will be a steal at 7.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5820
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 795 times
Received rep: 624 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #21 by Curry Rage » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:02 pm

I think both Mitch and JT are gripping their mallets a bit tightly.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 24327
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 419 times
Received rep: 615 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #22 by clawfirst » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:40 pm

None of these games matter until the all star break anyway as long as we are sitting top 3 in the division.
User avatar
paulster
Registered Broad
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am
Has given rep: 930 times
Received rep: 441 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #23 by paulster » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:32 pm

Holy fuck it's 4 games in and your vaginas are already full of sand.
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 11475
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 661 times
Received rep: 342 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #24 by vf » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Thomas Malthus wrote:100% agree, Rage.

From what I've seen so far this season, Mitch has been god awful at 5v5. Tavares hasn't really wowed me either. Kapanen is what he is, a complementary piece. But yeah, he's the problem.

Sure, I think Kapanen does a mighty fine Jason Blake impression but if Kapanen is always the player on that line with the puck on his stick entering the zone and looking to make plays there's a problem.


10 years on and Kappy still makes less then Blake susf. I agree he is what he is and he shouldn't fucking ever be carrying the puck with those two on his line. That being said I can't help but wonder if they should run the lines how they predicted them to be and plug the extra player into Hyman's spot. Spezza or Mikheyev and leave Kap on a shutdown line where his speed can be so deadly on a counter attack.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 8701
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 810 times
Received rep: 746 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #25 by LeafOfBread » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:14 pm

stoney wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:I see there’s talk of moving Kappy off the Tavares line because they aren’t producing 5v5. How about the 10.893 million dollar man starts making players around him better? Think of the scrubs the great ones have made into useful players. We’re talking about a 20G guy with all world speed. Figure it out.


Marner looks useless outside of game 1.

For all the whining, Nylander will be a steal at 7.

I liked the Nylander contract from the beginning. People freaked out because he wasn't good last year but I mean that happens when you miss camp and a quarter of the season. That doesn't erase his abilities and skillset though, which are elite. I think the average fan also thinks there's a huge gap between him and Mitch but I really don't think there is....I feel pretty confident that if Nylander was to get the same usage as Marner and start the season on time after going through a proper camp he'd probably be able to replicate similar production. He's also better defensively outside of the PK where Marner is fantastic, as his positioning / awareness is better and he's stronger on the puck as well. He looks great so far so I hope he keeps it up.
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 5188
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 278 times
Received rep: 597 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #26 by Thomas Malthus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:25 pm

vf wrote:
Thomas Malthus wrote:100% agree, Rage.

From what I've seen so far this season, Mitch has been god awful at 5v5. Tavares hasn't really wowed me either. Kapanen is what he is, a complementary piece. But yeah, he's the problem.

Sure, I think Kapanen does a mighty fine Jason Blake impression but if Kapanen is always the player on that line with the puck on his stick entering the zone and looking to make plays there's a problem.


10 years on and Kappy still makes less then Blake susf. I agree he is what he is and he shouldn't fucking ever be carrying the puck with those two on his line. That being said I can't help but wonder if they should run the lines how they predicted them to be and plug the extra player into Hyman's spot. Spezza or Mikheyev and leave Kap on a shutdown line where his speed can be so deadly on a counter attack.


The Tavares line was the shutdown line last year and looks like they will be this year as well. :shrug:

I think Kerfoot’s speed and passing will really benefit Kappy when Hyman is back and displaces him. They seem more suited stylistically (north-south) than Marner and Tavares who I see as more east-west players.
"It's not like we don't have skill, we do have skill. Just we don't know how to play." - Mike Babcock
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 3591
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 89 times
Received rep: 200 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #27 by Whit Dickman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:00 pm

It might be worth switching Moore and Kapanen for a game.

I agree that Kapanen isn't to blame for the lack of production from that line, though
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 24327
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 419 times
Received rep: 615 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #28 by clawfirst » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 am

None of these games matter
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5820
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 795 times
Received rep: 624 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #29 by Curry Rage » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:05 am

clawfirst wrote:None of these games matter


Sure they do. Points are cumulative. To be top three in the Conference at the Allstar Break you need points.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 11475
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 661 times
Received rep: 342 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #30 by vf » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:29 am

clawfirst wrote:None of these games matter


The games don't matter, but the points the team can get certainly do. Wins are worth 2 pts all season.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5820
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 795 times
Received rep: 624 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #31 by Curry Rage » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:15 am

paulster wrote:Holy fuck it's 4 games in and your vaginas are already full of sand.


I’ve got sand in my crevice over the Marner deal. I think it’s fine for him to want to get paid, but now he has to shoulder the burden that goes with it. I thought all along that he should be less aggressive for his own sake as much or more than the team’s. Setting expectations sky high in this market is a dangerous strategy for a young guy.

I’m also sandy that Wunderkind has left us with Hutchison as our one and only backup option when it’s obvious that reducing Freddie’s workload would have a positive effect on our playoff chances. Also another case of something Babcock will be blamed for that properly belongs to Dubas. Just wondering when the sheen will wear off.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 5188
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 278 times
Received rep: 597 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #32 by Thomas Malthus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:30 am

If Marner takes a discount you can bet there would be a new backup goalie. Not that this absolves Dubas; he was also party to the Marner deal. But it’s also not entirely at his feet, IMO.
"It's not like we don't have skill, we do have skill. Just we don't know how to play." - Mike Babcock
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 8701
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 810 times
Received rep: 746 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #33 by LeafOfBread » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:13 am

DeSmith would've been a great pickup. I'm shocked he actually passed through waivers
User avatar
paulster
Registered Broad
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am
Has given rep: 930 times
Received rep: 441 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #34 by paulster » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:26 pm

Thomas Malthus wrote:If Marner takes a discount you can bet there would be a new backup goalie. Not that this absolves Dubas; he was also party to the Marner deal. But it’s also not entirely at his feet, IMO.


Hutch might turn out okay. He's played 1 game, against the Habs on HNIC of all things which we know is like 50/50 no matter who has the better team. Let's all pull back on the reins a little and not ride the cart off the cliff just yet.
User avatar
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Posts: 2522
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am
Has given rep: 49 times
Received rep: 401 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #35 by mooseOAK » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 pm

The Leafs continue to play like crap in front of the backup goalie.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 8701
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 810 times
Received rep: 746 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #36 by LeafOfBread » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:43 pm



Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5820
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 795 times
Received rep: 624 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #37 by Curry Rage » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Hooboy.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5820
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 795 times
Received rep: 624 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #38 by Curry Rage » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Hooboy.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 5188
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 278 times
Received rep: 597 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #39 by Thomas Malthus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Seen on PPP comments section, which one of you is this?

I watch the Leafs the same way most people are Catholic: I don’t believe and the futility of the enterprise is self-evident, but it’s part of my culture and I don’t know what else I would do with the free time, and sometimes it’s fun to sing the hymns or whatever. But until Saint Mats comes down and shines the Cup’s light down on us all, I’m not cheerleading this mediocrity.
"It's not like we don't have skill, we do have skill. Just we don't know how to play." - Mike Babcock
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 24327
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 419 times
Received rep: 615 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #40 by clawfirst » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:43 pm

that is beautiful. Pope don on saturdays.

5 years of internal growth.
User avatar
Honus Joglund
Registered Broad
Posts: 8012
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Politzania
Received rep: 708 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #41 by Honus Joglund » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:46 pm

I'm here to party and bullshit:

Image

Winning has never been a part of the deal, why would I expect it now?
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5820
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 795 times
Received rep: 624 times

Re: 2019-20 Season Whingeing and Moaning Thread

Post #42 by Curry Rage » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Sandin sent down. Probably best. He was getting fed his lunch too often. Also protects his ELC status.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*

Return to “The John Tavares show ft. Auston Matthews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest