*NSFW* - Professor Dickman's Office Hours and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

tbm
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 56 times
Received rep: 63 times

Re: *NSFW* - Professor Dickman's Office Hours and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3651 by tbm » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:56 pm

vf wrote:What a useless red herring.

A red herring is something that misleads from the conversation but what aki said is relevant to the discussion.
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 22 times
Received rep: 106 times

Re: *NSFW* - Professor Dickman's Office Hours and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3652 by Whit Dickman » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:05 pm

Bernie Bernbaum wrote:
paulster wrote:
Bernie Bernbaum wrote: data that shows that more than 80% of Canadian Muslims express a profound love for our country, its democracy, its freedoms, and its way of life,

What about the other 20%?

It's 17% — the exact number was 83%. The survey asked "Are you very, somewhat, not very, or not at all proud to be a Canadian?" and the 83% is only the "very proud" respondents, so the 17% also contains any respondents who said they were "somewhat proud."

It's also worth pointing out that only 73% of Canadians nationwide responded that they were "very proud" to be Canadian, a full 10% lower than Muslim Canadians.

Not that I think Muslims pose a problem in Canada, but this poll is basically worthless. It's a loaded question.

Here's a better one: http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the- ... -overview/

tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3653 by tbm » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:07 pm

vonbonds wrote:Wtf is going on in here? This thread made my dick fall off and I didn't want my dick to fall off. Thanks Canada!

Wtf is going on in America?

I wonder where the murderer could have gotten those ideas from....
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad

Post #3654 by Whit Dickman » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:16 pm

Bernie Bernbaum wrote:
tbm wrote:Muslims are people, Islam is a religion.

Homosexuals are people. Homosexuality is a sexual orientation. Therefore, discrimination against homosexuality = okay, right?

Edit: fixed

Homosexuality isn't a choice... (and by choice I mean something that is, in theory, under one's control)

Do you think people should be held accountable for what they believe?

Can I say that the idea of a big man in the sky who cares about whether or not you masturbate is stupid without saying that everyone who believes in god is stupid?
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3655 by tbm » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Bernie Bernbaum wrote:The only reason you think there's any disagreement about what Islamophobia means is because Conservatives needed an excuse to cloak their bigotry

Bigotry is an intolerance of people. Islam is a religion, words, doctrines, a belief system.
MonkeyWrench
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 101 times
Received rep: 146 times

Post #3656 by MonkeyWrench » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Has anyone got some decent seat suggestions for the Honda Indy race coming up? I went once before with my lady. It was good to see the race for the first time in person, but we did a fair bit of walking around aswell. No real opportunity to pay attention to the race itself. Our seats were directly across from the pits, midway up. A buddy of mine kicked the idea my way of going this year. Should be a quality viewing party considering we're both petrol junkies. Even if you haven't been yourself, maybe just something you've heard. Cheers.
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3657 by tbm » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:35 pm

MonkeyWrench wrote:Has anyone got some decent seat suggestions for the Honda Indy race coming up? I went once before with my lady. It was good to see the race for the first time in person, but we did a fair bit of walking around aswell. No real opportunity to pay attention to the race itself. Our seats were directly across from the pits, midway up. A buddy of mine kicked the idea my way of going this year. Should be a quality viewing party considering we're both petrol junkies. Even if you haven't been yourself, maybe just something you've heard. Cheers.

Looks like they offer more than only general admission here but you will obviously have to pony up a bit more.

http://www.hondaindytoronto.com/tickets
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 145 times
Received rep: 294 times

Post #3658 by clawfirst » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:47 pm

Aww fuck when is that so ill know driving is fucked sideways
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 901 times
Received rep: 460 times

Post #3659 by vonbonds » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:21 pm

tbm wrote:
vonbonds wrote:Wtf is going on in here? This thread made my dick fall off and I didn't want my dick to fall off. Thanks Canada!

Wtf is going on in America?

I wonder where the murderer could have gotten those ideas from....

WAT
paulster
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 414 times
Received rep: 169 times

Post #3660 by paulster » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:37 am

MonkeyWrench wrote:Has anyone got some decent seat suggestions for the Honda Indy race coming up? I went once before with my lady. It was good to see the race for the first time in person, but we did a fair bit of walking around aswell. No real opportunity to pay attention to the race itself. Our seats were directly across from the pits, midway up. A buddy of mine kicked the idea my way of going this year. Should be a quality viewing party considering we're both petrol junkies. Even if you haven't been yourself, maybe just something you've heard. Cheers.

I hate car racing by my dad loves it, thus I have been there a bunch of times. If you're looking to kick back and watch some shit, then you want Turn 10 as you can see 3 corners at any given time. Do not get seats on any straight - you might as well just watch cars on the highway.

General Admission is the worst. The Indy does a fantastic job of blocking off any possible view you might enjoy without paying for grandstand access.
vf
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 256 times
Received rep: 168 times

Post #3661 by vf » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:29 am

tbm wrote:
vf wrote:What a useless red herring.

A red herring is something that misleads from the conversation but what aki said is relevant to the discussion.

Don't care, I'm done trying to have a conversation with you guys.
stoney
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 131 times
Received rep: 61 times

Post #3662 by stoney » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:31 am

No offense guys, but this topic deserves it's own thread.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 167 times
Received rep: 278 times

Post #3663 by Philthy Thrillz » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:41 am

A religion and a politic thread? That would be special. Why not amalgamate both topics and call it Down the shit hole.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 342 times
Received rep: 213 times

Post #3664 by Curry Rage » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:23 pm

There's already a million-and-two page thread on this whole Islam thing down in the politics Broad.

My input is this: our Tory party - having lost their majority in the election last week - is considering making a deal with the Democratic Unionist Party from Northern Ireland who are basically the front organisation for the Unionist/Protestant militias from when The Troubles were in full effect. These people think women's rights are a sham, gays are evil, that the world is 6,000 years old, that the EU was a Papal/Satanic conspiracy, that Catholics are hell spawn, etc. Basically, they share dozens of social views with conservative Muslims and have a history of shooting/bombing people who don't agree with them. These people are a legitimate, recognised political party and may hold the keys to power for the Tories. In that context, I couldn't really give a shit about what people have to say about Muslims not fitting in to "Western Values" We've got plenty of our own homegrown, white, Christian kooks firmly planted in the Western Canon. Where do we send them back to?
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3665 by clawfirst » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:29 pm

You just dig a hole cowrage.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #3666 by Curry Rage » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:34 pm

It's coming to that. Right to fucking China.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
akiberg
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 121 times
Received rep: 123 times

Post #3667 by akiberg » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:24 am

Curry Rage wrote:There's already a million-and-two page thread on this whole Islam thing down in the politics Broad.

My input is this: our Tory party - having lost their majority in the election last week - is considering making a deal with the Democratic Unionist Party from Northern Ireland who are basically the front organisation for the Unionist/Protestant militias from when The Troubles were in full effect. These people think women's rights are a sham, gays are evil, that the world is 6,000 years old, that the EU was a Papal/Satanic conspiracy, that Catholics are hell spawn, etc. Basically, they share dozens of social views with conservative Muslims and have a history of shooting/bombing people who don't agree with them. These people are a legitimate, recognised political party and may hold the keys to power for the Tories. In that context, I couldn't really give a shit about what people have to say about Muslims not fitting in to "Western Values" We've got plenty of our own homegrown, white, Christian kooks firmly planted in the Western Canon. Where do we send them back to?

what muslim country are you going to move to get away from all those christian kooks, Courage?
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #3668 by Curry Rage » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:45 am

Oh, I think I'll stay here and make plans to neuter you and the rest of the folks who figure they should tell women what they can and can't grow in their bodies.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 241 times
Received rep: 319 times

Post #3669 by LeafOfBread » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:43 pm

akiberg wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:There's already a million-and-two page thread on this whole Islam thing down in the politics Broad.

what muslim country are you going to move to get away from all those christian kooks, Courage?

cowrage will be fine in dubai(UAE) or the other oil countries, they kiss the ass of their white overlords. the rest didn't acquiesce with oil to offer so they were destroyed by the great west :wink:
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3670 by akiberg » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Curry Rage wrote:Oh, I think I'll stay here and make plans to neuter you and the rest of the folks who figure they should tell women what they can and can't grow in their bodies.

you go girl, save the world with platitudes. you're doing great.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3671 by akiberg » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:53 pm

LeafOfBread wrote:
akiberg wrote:

cowrage will be fine in dubai(UAE) or the other oil countries, they kiss the ass of their white overlords. the rest didn't acquiesce with oil to offer so they were destroyed by the great west :wink:

could you maybe show me on the dolly where the big bad white conservative once touched you?
you might need some help.
Justin Trudeau
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #3672 by Curry Rage » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:35 pm

akiberg wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:Oh, I think I'll stay here and make plans to neuter you and the rest of the folks who figure they should tell women what they can and can't grow in their bodies.

*Buy Oil Stocks!*
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3673 by akiberg » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Curry Rage wrote:
akiberg wrote:

Keep talkin' loud and sayin' nuthin.

mimic you?
nah
I good.
cute video
Justin Trudeau
vf
Registered Broad

Post #3674 by vf » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:19 pm

clawfirst wrote:Lol vf. The tickets were only 12 bucks. Thats value even if i don't show up

They just put up pricing. 8 bucks here. Gonna be fun.
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3675 by clawfirst » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:48 pm

15 hr work day complete.

So thats fun
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad

Post #3676 by Whit Dickman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:26 am

Bernie, what do you think about my pole(s)?
Bernie Bernbaum
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 9 times

Post #3677 by Bernie Bernbaum » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:07 am

Whit Dickman wrote:Bernie, what do you think about my pole(s)?

I think: that you're not as smart as you think you are; that your data doesn't support your argument re: violence; that your data doesn't have much value when you're not presenting data from other ethnic and religious groups to cross-reference it against, particularly under circumstances that allow for variables like poverty, political stability etc.; that it doesn't take a genius to know that issues with women's rights and homophobia exist in mainstream Islam if viewed on a global scale; that these issues are more severe than in other religious-majority and secular nations; that these issues still, none-the-less, tend to be substantial among global religious-majority and secular nations; that it has only been within a small sliver of time that developed pockets of the world began to value women's rights and gays rights; that it's a pretty easy-to-spot logical mistake to assume one's own narrow historical epoch is somehow more indicative of a religion's inherent qualities relative to other religions than the several centuries that preceded it; that widespread differences in Islamic practice and belief worldwide as indicated by your data actually reinforce the point that these beliefs and practices are far more malleable than you give them credit for; that I'm unnerved but ultimately unsurprised that you claim unprejudice but only argue against those who defend Muslims, never against conspiracy-addled and factually-deficient simpletons like tbm; that I'm exhausted of this conversation; that I regret popping in here a couple weeks ago to see what the off-season chatter was like; that I I hope I would have been smart enough not to reply to this shit if I didn't drink a bottle of wine while watching "Oh, Hello" tonight.
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 57 times
Received rep: 177 times

Post #3678 by Dr_Chimera » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:26 am

I grew out of the "muslims are bad thing" once it hit me that most of the murdering in this world is done by enlightened Westerners. I mean, Jesus, I should have known this right away after leafing through that history book in elementary school.

We have some many ghosts to reckon with we don't even know it. How many people have even heard of Leopold II? And there is something repulsive about giving scientific rationale for rhetorically punching down on unfortunates while also showering them with bombs. Just my take.
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad

Post #3679 by Dr_Chimera » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:35 am

Can we get some neuroscientific studies about our orientalism and hate?

tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3680 by tbm » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:12 am

I still maintain that it is religion, words/bad ideas in old books, belief systems, ideologies. Been around much longer than television and before enlightened westerners.
Transplanted Caper
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 148 times

Post #3681 by Transplanted Caper » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:23 pm

clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3682 by clawfirst » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Yeah the Catholics know how to keep dicks of young men where they belong. In private meetings with your parrish' paedophile priest. As the lord intended
cawbber
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 129 times
Received rep: 81 times

Post #3683 by cawbber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Bernie Bernbaum wrote:

I think: that you're not as smart as you think you are; that your data doesn't support your argument re: violence; that your data doesn't have much value when you're not presenting data from other ethnic and religious groups to cross-reference it against, particularly under circumstances that allow for variables like poverty, political stability etc.; that it doesn't take a genius to know that issues with women's rights and homophobia exist in mainstream Islam if viewed on a global scale; that these issues are more severe than in other religious-majority and secular nations; that these issues still, none-the-less, tend to be substantial among global religious-majority and secular nations; that it has only been within a small sliver of time that developed pockets of the world began to value women's rights and gays rights; that it's a pretty easy-to-spot logical mistake to assume one's own narrow historical epoch is somehow more indicative of a religion's inherent qualities relative to other religions than the several centuries that preceded it; that widespread differences in Islamic practice and belief worldwide as indicated by your data actually reinforce the point that these beliefs and practices are far more malleable than you give them credit for; that I'm unnerved but ultimately unsurprised that you claim unprejudice but only argue against those who defend Muslims, never against conspiracy-addled and factually-deficient simpletons like tbm; that I'm exhausted of this conversation; that I regret popping in here a couple weeks ago to see what the off-season chatter was like; that I I hope I would have been smart enough not to reply to this shit if I didn't drink a bottle of wine while watching "Oh, Hello" tonight.

Ever heard of a paragraph?
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad

Post #3684 by Philthy Thrillz » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:57 pm

I have to ask how an atheist becomes pro Muslim? Not that it's wrong, but weird is all.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad

Post #3685 by Philthy Thrillz » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Dr_Chimera wrote:I grew out of the "muslims are bad thing" once it hit me that most of the murdering in this world is done by enlightened Westerners. I mean, Jesus, I should have known this right away after leafing through that history book in elementary school.

We have some many ghosts to reckon with we don't even know it. How many people have even heard of Leopold II? And there is something repulsive about giving scientific rationale for rhetorically punching down on unfortunates while also showering them with bombs. Just my take.

I hate politics and religion, all lies. I hate manipulating cunts. I'm content living my life with my head buried in the sand. It's sad and wish nothing but the worst for every true cunt on this earth.
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad

Post #3686 by Dr_Chimera » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:01 pm

tbm wrote:I still maintain that it is religion, words/bad ideas in old books, belief systems, ideologies. Been around much longer than television and before enlightened westerners.

You're confused.
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3687 by tbm » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Not at all.
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad

Post #3688 by Whit Dickman » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:01 am

Bernie Bernbaum wrote:

What does it mean for something to be "inherent" to a religion and how do we determine that?

We know a bit about what Muslims tend to believe and we have religious doctrine that matches up fairly well with it.

When I say "Islam", I'm referring to the things that Muslims believe and their rituals. Not some immutable thing
vf
Registered Broad

Post #3689 by vf » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:30 am

The obvious flaw in that is. Which Muslims? They don't all believe the same thing.
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3690 by clawfirst » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:16 am

Pretty sure all catholics are snake worshippers too
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3691 by clawfirst » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:17 am

Saw it on the xfiles when i was young. Basically a documentary
WTF
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 177 times
Received rep: 260 times

Post #3692 by WTF » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:32 am

clawfirst wrote:Pretty sure all catholics are snake worshippers too

Well, I've eaten snake before but that had more to do with me being in Hong Kong at the time than being Catholic. I seem to recall there being a few places in Scarborough that had it on the menu as well, back in the day.

Mainly, you're tasting the white pepper and the fried bits of dough that's added as a complement to the soup.
Zardoz
Registered Broad
Received rep: 148 times

Post #3693 by Zardoz » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:35 am

WTF, pretty sure that means Catholics are coming to get you. Snake murderer.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
[SIZE="1"]Bring us your idiots, your hussies, your blue and your dreamy. Your steady, your huddled, your fisted and creamy. Your villains, your filthy, your cunts and your meese. Your carpenters and fishers and pastors and beasts. Your rednecks, your Safas, your trolls and your Brits. And like all good sailors, we like us some tits.[/size]
WTF
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 177 times
Received rep: 260 times

Post #3694 by WTF » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:46 am

Zardoz wrote:WTF, pretty sure that means Catholics are coming to get you. Snake murderer.

Well, the Church stopped the practice of peddling indulgences centuries ago so I guess that's not an option.

If I look hard enough, I might be able to find my old rosary somewhere or I could just promise to try to give it three Hail Mary's and a Lord's Prayer and we can call it even.
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3695 by tbm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Philthy Thrillz wrote:I hate politics and religion, all lies. I hate manipulating cunts. I'm content living my life with my head buried in the sand. It's sad and wish nothing but the worst for every true cunt on this earth.

Choice word PT. Religious abuse.
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3696 by tbm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:43 pm

clawfirst wrote:Yeah the Catholics know how to keep dicks of young men where they belong. In private meetings with your parrish' paedophile priest. As the lord intended

Crazy and true, even a shit ton of examples of failed cover ups. Protecting the religion, words in old books, a belief system, so that it would not undermine the religion to it's blind followers.
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3697 by tbm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:36 pm

vf wrote:The obvious flaw in that is. Which Muslims? They don't all believe the same thing.

What makes a Muslim a Muslim?
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad

Post #3698 by Whit Dickman » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:58 pm

vf wrote:The obvious flaw in that is. Which Muslims? They don't all believe the same thing.

Does that mean we can't talk about Islam? I'm confused about how this matters. I'm making claims about a constellation of beliefs among a large group of people. Never claimed that all Muslims believe the same thing or that all versions of Islam are equally problematic.
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad

Post #3699 by Whit Dickman » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Whit Dickman wrote:
Bernie Bernbaum wrote:

What does it mean for something to be "inherent" to a religion and how do we determine that?

We know a bit about what Muslims tend to believe and we have religious doctrine that matches up fairly well with it.

When I say "Islam", I'm referring to the things that Muslims believe and their rituals. Not some immutable thing

Think about it this way, Bernie:

Is white supremacy problematic?

It exists for historical reasons. It's tied to poverty and low education. Most white supremacists aren't violent.

Is it punching down to say that white supremacy is a problem in a multicultural democracy (or anywhere)?
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3700 by tbm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Is it taboo to speak about religion if it is religion(s) that makes it taboo in the first place?

Religion, words in old books, manipulation.

Return to “The Auston Matthews show”