*NSFW* - Professor Dickman's Office Hours and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16078
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 173 times
Received rep: 130 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3201 by vf » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:23 pm

akiberg wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:
akiberg wrote:weird, I typed that as slow as possibly could.
fine, I'll add another set of dots, see if you connect them all up then.
2 guys woefully under qualified for their prospective positions dupped a whole lot of people into voting for them.

Trudeau had 7 years in politics (not including his childhood) before being elected. Trump has never even been on a town council.

"idiots voted for someone" doesn't mean anything. Idiots voted for Harper and Clinton too.

If you *don't* think that Trudeau is as bad a decision as trump (perhaps you do?), I don't think you've stated anything meaningful. Either you are putting forth a false equivalency or you are saying something meaningless.

fuck, you're right. I forgot about the time Trudeau spent as amateur sports critic. silly me for suggesting his qualifications to lead a country mirror Trumps in any way.
how about they are both quasi celebrities and members of the 1% who successfully sold their primary group of voters on the fallacy that they 'get them'?


You do realize he wanted to be amateur sports critic for a very specific reason right?
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16078
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 173 times
Received rep: 130 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3202 by vf » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:24 pm

akiberg wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:
akiberg wrote:just because Trudeau isn't most likely a sociopath like his US counterpart doesn't negate the fact BOTH of them are woefully unqualified to do the jobs a bunch of sheep voted for them to do. Billy bob the swamp buggy racer is no different than the enlightened feel goody hippy, both were dupped.


but one is way more unqualified than the other. 7 years of experience (plus childhood) versus no experience whatsoever. Trump will, at maximum, have 8 years of political experience in his entire life.

my mommy was an accountant. am I finance minister material now?


part time drama teacher
multiple failed degrees
amateur sports critic.
vs.
runs a huge corporation
grabs pussy
awful human being


great point EB.

one guy is clearly the obvious leader. how could I miss that?



And more false equivalency.
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3203 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:22 pm

vf wrote:
akiberg wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:Trudeau had 7 years in politics (not including his childhood) before being elected. Trump has never even been on a town council.

"idiots voted for someone" doesn't mean anything. Idiots voted for Harper and Clinton too.

If you *don't* think that Trudeau is as bad a decision as trump (perhaps you do?), I don't think you've stated anything meaningful. Either you are putting forth a false equivalency or you are saying something meaningless.

fuck, you're right. I forgot about the time Trudeau spent as amateur sports critic. silly me for suggesting his qualifications to lead a country mirror Trumps in any way.
how about they are both quasi celebrities and members of the 1% who successfully sold their primary group of voters on the fallacy that they 'get them'?


You do realize he wanted to be amateur sports critic for a very specific reason right?

so altruistic. my heart melts at the thought of it.
doesn't make him qualified to be in the position he's in.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3204 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:24 pm

vf wrote:
akiberg wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:
but one is way more unqualified than the other. 7 years of experience (plus childhood) versus no experience whatsoever. Trump will, at maximum, have 8 years of political experience in his entire life.

my mommy was an accountant. am I finance minister material now?


part time drama teacher
multiple failed degrees
amateur sports critic.
vs.
runs a huge corporation
grabs pussy
awful human being


great point EB.

one guy is clearly the obvious leader. how could I miss that?



And more false equivalency.

your opinion. no one wants to be thought of as a sheep, I can accept your unwillingness to shift your thinking.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 26733
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 121 times
Received rep: 190 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3205 by MP » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Not sure there is a bigger Canadian political herd than Alberta.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 25751
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 108 times
Received rep: 210 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3206 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:51 pm

The conservatives wouldn't lie would they?
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3207 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:54 pm

MP wrote:Not sure there is a bigger Canadian political herd than Alberta.

becsuse Alberta got dupped by the part time drama teacher too?? not sure what motives are behind you making my point, but thanks.

maybe look at the herd to the east. the entire region votes on who the polls suggest are going to win/ or for who promises to put the most into their outstretched hands. Trudeau waltzed through there and all he had to do was promise lower EI wait times. like lambs to the slaughter. liberal sweep. it'll be blue next election. rinse/repeat.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 26733
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 121 times
Received rep: 190 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3208 by MP » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Alberta might go blue/reform, but it'll be a decade
before the east goes down that hole again. . .
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 25751
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 108 times
Received rep: 210 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3209 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:07 pm

I think he means all politicians lie and their voters eat up they shit they spew.
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3210 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:14 pm

MP wrote:Alberta might go blue/reform, but it'll be a decade
before the east goes down that hole again. . .


the novelty of dumb dumb will wear off, even with the most ardent of sheep.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 26733
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 121 times
Received rep: 190 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3211 by MP » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:08 pm

akiberg wrote:
MP wrote:Alberta might go blue/reform, but it'll be a decade
before the east goes down that hole again. . .


the novelty of dumb dumb will wear off, even with the most ardent of sheep.

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/12814166
Dynrehab
Registered Broad
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 pm
Has given rep: 82 times
Received rep: 137 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3212 by Dynrehab » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:21 pm

akiberg wrote:doesn't make him qualified to be in the position he's in.


It doesn't make him a target for this conversation either. But you can't help yourself.
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3213 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Dynrehab wrote:
akiberg wrote:doesn't make him qualified to be in the position he's in.


It doesn't make him a target for this conversation either. But you can't help yourself.


ahhhhh, the similarities b/w the two elections was exactly the conversation....
you only seem to want to focus on Trump and how awful a choice you think he was. how very exclusionary of you. I've opened my mind up to the possibility that both choices are quite awful. if you are going to pretend to have an open mind you should at least pretend to have an open mind a little more consistently. sunny ways shouldn't be just a part time job.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3214 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:27 pm

MP wrote:
akiberg wrote:
MP wrote:Alberta might go blue/reform, but it'll be a decade
before the east goes down that hole again. . .


the novelty of dumb dumb will wear off, even with the most ardent of sheep.

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/12814166

a puff piece about dumb dumb's buddies talking about dumb dumb. very compelling
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
Dynrehab
Registered Broad
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 pm
Has given rep: 82 times
Received rep: 137 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3215 by Dynrehab » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:34 pm

akiberg wrote:
ahhhhh, the similarities b/w the two elections was exactly the conversation....


Only by you, dumb ass.
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3216 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Dynrehab wrote:
akiberg wrote:
ahhhhh, the similarities b/w the two elections was exactly the conversation....


Only by you, dumb ass.

kitty has claws.
I'm sorry you seem to be struggling with grasping the similarities b/w the two elections. you only focusing on the differences is exactly the insidious mentality that just got trump elected. you're on a slippery slope, hopefully your carefully constructed la la land doesn't come crumbling down around you.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 25751
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 108 times
Received rep: 210 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3217 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:39 pm

Image
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16078
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 173 times
Received rep: 130 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3218 by vf » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:35 pm

Horace and Pete is an amazing fucking show.
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3219 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:52 pm

“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
cawbber
Registered Broad
Posts: 14376
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 55 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3220 by cawbber » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:56 pm


It's just a model. they even state that its one of many scenarios that could play out.
Dynrehab
Registered Broad
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 pm
Has given rep: 82 times
Received rep: 137 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3221 by Dynrehab » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:05 pm

“It’s not a prediction of how things are going to unfold,” Romy Bowers, CMHC’s chief risk officer was careful to point out.

“It’s about best practices, risk management practice, of looking at very extreme events and seeing how they will impact our balance sheet and capital position.”


So we blame Trudeau for creating an environment where interest rates can never rise again? Fear mongering.

Just a fart in the room.
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3222 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:14 pm

Dynrehab wrote:
“It’s not a prediction of how things are going to unfold,” Romy Bowers, CMHC’s chief risk officer was careful to point out.

“It’s about best practices, risk management practice, of looking at very extreme events and seeing how they will impact our balance sheet and capital position.”


So we blame Trudeau for creating an environment where interest rates can never rise again? Fear mongering.

Just a fart in the room.

for such a free spirited deep social thinker you sure have an affinity for putting words into peoples mouths.
I'm saying, good thing the drama teacher is available to lead us out of this. I never blamed him for a bunch of morons getting 5% down mortgages. Although, ironically, a large majority of those morons did vote for him.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
Dynrehab
Registered Broad
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 pm
Has given rep: 82 times
Received rep: 137 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3223 by Dynrehab » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:24 pm

akiberg wrote:
Dynrehab wrote:
“It’s not a prediction of how things are going to unfold,” Romy Bowers, CMHC’s chief risk officer was careful to point out.

“It’s about best practices, risk management practice, of looking at very extreme events and seeing how they will impact our balance sheet and capital position.”


So we blame Trudeau for creating an environment where interest rates can never rise again? Fear mongering.

Just a fart in the room.

for such a free spirited deep social thinker you sure have an affinity for putting words into peoples mouths.
I'm saying, good thing the drama teacher is available to lead us out of this. I never blamed him for a bunch of morons getting 5% down mortgages. Although, ironically, a large majority of those morons did vote for him.


Maybe you could explain to us why you posted a risk analysis model with the phrase "sunny ways" and we'll stop inferring what you are trying to say. Cause it just seemed like a cheap shot more fear mongering to me.
Dynrehab
Registered Broad
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 pm
Has given rep: 82 times
Received rep: 137 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3224 by Dynrehab » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:25 pm

akiberg wrote:
I'm saying, good thing the drama teacher is available to lead us out of this.


Explain to me, what is he leading us out of?
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3225 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Dynrehab wrote:
akiberg wrote:
I'm saying, good thing the drama teacher is available to lead us out of this.


Explain to me, what is he leading us out of?

i guess I'm alone in waiting for all these jobs he promised to create? the reason why the interest rates are going to spike/mortgage lending rules are tightening is directly correlated to the shriveling economy. i guess, that would be one thing I would hope for leadership on.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3226 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Dynrehab wrote:
akiberg wrote:
Dynrehab wrote:
So we blame Trudeau for creating an environment where interest rates can never rise again? Fear mongering.

Just a fart in the room.

for such a free spirited deep social thinker you sure have an affinity for putting words into peoples mouths.
I'm saying, good thing the drama teacher is available to lead us out of this. I never blamed him for a bunch of morons getting 5% down mortgages. Although, ironically, a large majority of those morons did vote for him.


Maybe you could explain to us why you posted a risk analysis model with the phrase "sunny ways" and we'll stop inferring what you are trying to say. Cause it just seemed like a cheap shot more fear mongering to me.

because it doesn't read very sunny?
you have to maybe open your mind to the small possibility that everything a conservative says isn't necessarily fear mongering. interest rates spiking will royally fuck the many with high debt/value mortgages. that isn't fear mongering, that's a fact.
I'm not in that group. But if I were, I'd have a wee bit of angst right now.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 38543
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 112 times
Received rep: 212 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3227 by clawfirst » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:39 pm

I await the foreclosures and collapse. Saving for my time to pounce like a vulture.
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3228 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:42 pm

clawfirst wrote:I await the foreclosures and collapse. Saving for my time to pounce like a vulture.


indeed. i have a similar plan.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16078
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 173 times
Received rep: 130 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3229 by vf » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:48 pm

akiberg wrote:
Dynrehab wrote:
akiberg wrote:
I'm saying, good thing the drama teacher is available to lead us out of this.


Explain to me, what is he leading us out of?

i guess I'm alone in waiting for all these jobs he promised to create? the reason why the interest rates are going to spike/mortgage lending rules are tightening is directly correlated to the shriveling economy. i guess, that would be one thing I would hope for leadership on.


The story you linked was essentially explaining multitude of scenarios and Global managed to jump on the one that sounded the scariest. So when will rates spike? You could make a lot of money if you weren't just talking out of your ass.
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 38543
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 112 times
Received rep: 212 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3230 by clawfirst » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Rates will go up...they always do eventually. And it will indeed cripple those who are mortgage poor.

I wait
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 38543
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 112 times
Received rep: 212 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3231 by clawfirst » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Aki isnt always wrong. Hes just a dick about being write
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 26733
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 121 times
Received rep: 190 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3232 by MP » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:11 pm

I think you'll be waiting a long time.
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3233 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:14 pm

vf wrote:
akiberg wrote:
Dynrehab wrote:
Explain to me, what is he leading us out of?

i guess I'm alone in waiting for all these jobs he promised to create? the reason why the interest rates are going to spike/mortgage lending rules are tightening is directly correlated to the shriveling economy. i guess, that would be one thing I would hope for leadership on.


The story you linked was essentially explaining multitude of scenarios and Global managed to jump on the one that sounded the scariest. So when will rates spike? You could make a lot of money if you weren't just talking out of your ass.

february.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 3593
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 233 times
Received rep: 153 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3234 by Curry Rage » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:17 pm

The more common response to slow growth in big economies the past decade has been the opposite - I.e QE and lowered rates.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3235 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:19 pm

MP wrote:I think you'll be waiting a long time.

really? you think the huge group of people that are carrying 5% down mortgages on their over inflated house values can handle even the most modest of interest rate increases?
you don't think the new changes in the mortgage lending rules are going to have the slightest effect on supply and command?
the economy keeps shriveling, the dollar keeps tanking. somethings got to give. something will give.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3236 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:19 pm

clawfirst wrote:Aki isnt always wrong. Hes just a dick about being write


you can't change who you is.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 26733
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 121 times
Received rep: 190 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3237 by MP » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:28 pm

akiberg wrote:
MP wrote:I think you'll be waiting a long time.

really? you think the huge group of people that are carrying 5% down mortgages on their over inflated house values can handle even the most modest of interest rate increases?
you don't think the new changes in the mortgage lending rules are going to have the slightest effect on supply and command?
the economy keeps shriveling, the dollar keeps tanking. somethings got to give. something will give.


Do I think people are going to with less? Likely, but this isn't the US, people can't just walk away, so there will be a bunch stuck, but I doubt we see much of a decline outside of the GTA and Vancouver.

The tanking dollar is actually in our favour.
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3238 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:41 pm

MP wrote:
akiberg wrote:
MP wrote:I think you'll be waiting a long time.

really? you think the huge group of people that are carrying 5% down mortgages on their over inflated house values can handle even the most modest of interest rate increases?
you don't think the new changes in the mortgage lending rules are going to have the slightest effect on supply and command?
the economy keeps shriveling, the dollar keeps tanking. somethings got to give. something will give.


Do I think people are going to with less? Likely, but this isn't the US, people can't just walk away, so there will be a bunch stuck, but I doubt we see much of a decline outside of the GTA and Vancouver.

You go to sell your house 6 months ago and you might of had 10 interested parties qualified by banks to make you an offer. as the lending rules tighten that number of people is going to sharply decline. housing prices will follow. the over mortgaged, while better protected here in Canada, are still..... fucked.
how many of the overmortgaged are also carrying lines of credit based on their over-inflated house values? when things turn, they will turn quickly.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 38543
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 112 times
Received rep: 212 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3239 by clawfirst » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:05 pm

But for real..keep that dollar low. Claw wants to build spaceships in the world of make believe
User avatar
cawbber
Registered Broad
Posts: 14376
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 55 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3240 by cawbber » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:44 pm

akiberg wrote:
MP wrote:
akiberg wrote:really? you think the huge group of people that are carrying 5% down mortgages on their over inflated house values can handle even the most modest of interest rate increases?
you don't think the new changes in the mortgage lending rules are going to have the slightest effect on supply and command?
the economy keeps shriveling, the dollar keeps tanking. somethings got to give. something will give.


Do I think people are going to with less? Likely, but this isn't the US, people can't just walk away, so there will be a bunch stuck, but I doubt we see much of a decline outside of the GTA and Vancouver.

You go to sell your house 6 months ago and you might of had 10 interested parties qualified by banks to make you an offer. as the lending rules tighten that number of people is going to sharply decline. housing prices will follow. the over mortgaged, while better protected here in Canada, are still..... fucked.
how many of the overmortgaged are also carrying lines of credit based on their over-inflated house values? when things turn, they will turn quickly.

that's called a correction.

it's bound to happen at some point.
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 38543
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 112 times
Received rep: 212 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3241 by clawfirst » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Its gonna ruin a lot of lives.
User avatar
cawbber
Registered Broad
Posts: 14376
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 55 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3242 by cawbber » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:45 am

clawfirst wrote:Its gonna ruin a lot of lives.

no doubt. however, when you over-extend yourself and hope that interest rates don't rise, its a game Russian roulette. At some point the result is not going to work in your favour.
User avatar
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Posts: 8950
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm
Has given rep: 639 times
Received rep: 311 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3243 by vonbonds » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:26 am

MP wrote:
akiberg wrote:
MP wrote:I think you'll be waiting a long time.

really? you think the huge group of people that are carrying 5% down mortgages on their over inflated house values can handle even the most modest of interest rate increases?
you don't think the new changes in the mortgage lending rules are going to have the slightest effect on supply and command?
the economy keeps shriveling, the dollar keeps tanking. somethings got to give. something will give.


Do I think people are going to with less? Likely, [b]]but this isn't the US, people can't just walk away[/b, so there will be a bunch stuck, but I doubt we see much of a decline outside of the GTA and Vancouver.

The tanking dollar is actually in our favour.

What happens in Canada when a homeowner can't or refuses to pay the mortgage?
User avatar
cawbber
Registered Broad
Posts: 14376
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 55 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3244 by cawbber » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:32 pm

vonbonds wrote:
MP wrote:
akiberg wrote:really? you think the huge group of people that are carrying 5% down mortgages on their over inflated house values can handle even the most modest of interest rate increases?
you don't think the new changes in the mortgage lending rules are going to have the slightest effect on supply and command?
the economy keeps shriveling, the dollar keeps tanking. somethings got to give. something will give.


Do I think people are going to with less? Likely, [b]]but this isn't the US, people can't just walk away[/b, so there will be a bunch stuck, but I doubt we see much of a decline outside of the GTA and Vancouver.

The tanking dollar is actually in our favour.

What happens in Canada when a homeowner can't or refuses to pay the mortgage?

you can't walk away from your mortgage like in the states.
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3245 by akiberg » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:44 pm

cawbber wrote:
vonbonds wrote:
MP wrote:
Do I think people are going to with less? Likely, [b]]but this isn't the US, people can't just walk away[/b, so there will be a bunch stuck, but I doubt we see much of a decline outside of the GTA and Vancouver.

The tanking dollar is actually in our favour.

What happens in Canada when a homeowner can't or refuses to pay the mortgage?

you can't walk away from your mortgage like in the states.


you can in Alberta. Mortgages that are not insured by CMHC.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Posts: 8950
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm
Has given rep: 639 times
Received rep: 311 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3246 by vonbonds » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:33 pm

I assume it's much harder to get a mortgage in Canada since failure isn't an option.
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 65 times
Received rep: 234 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3247 by Thomas Malthus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:59 pm

Something you might be interested in reading von: https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ner ... fa_018.cfm
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
User avatar
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Posts: 8950
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm
Has given rep: 639 times
Received rep: 311 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3248 by vonbonds » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Full-recourse loans..that's the explanation. Thanks
User avatar
cawbber
Registered Broad
Posts: 14376
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 55 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3249 by cawbber » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:39 pm

akiberg wrote:
cawbber wrote:
vonbonds wrote:What happens in Canada when a homeowner can't or refuses to pay the mortgage?

you can't walk away from your mortgage like in the states.


you can in Alberta. Mortgages that are not insured by CMHC.

figures... bunch of quitters... :colbertsmile:
User avatar
paulster
Registered Broad
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am
Has given rep: 337 times
Received rep: 138 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3250 by paulster » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:43 am

Image

Return to “The Auston Matthews show”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests