*NSFW* - Professor Dickman's Office Hours and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

vf
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 173 times
Received rep: 130 times

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3201 by vf » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:23 pm

akiberg wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:
akiberg wrote:weird, I typed that as slow as possibly could.
fine, I'll add another set of dots, see if you connect them all up then.
2 guys woefully under qualified for their prospective positions dupped a whole lot of people into voting for them.

Trudeau had 7 years in politics (not including his childhood) before being elected. Trump has never even been on a town council.

"idiots voted for someone" doesn't mean anything. Idiots voted for Harper and Clinton too.

If you *don't* think that Trudeau is as bad a decision as trump (perhaps you do?), I don't think you've stated anything meaningful. Either you are putting forth a false equivalency or you are saying something meaningless.

fuck, you're right. I forgot about the time Trudeau spent as amateur sports critic. silly me for suggesting his qualifications to lead a country mirror Trumps in any way.
how about they are both quasi celebrities and members of the 1% who successfully sold their primary group of voters on the fallacy that they 'get them'?

You do realize he wanted to be amateur sports critic for a very specific reason right?
vf
Registered Broad

Re: *NSFW* - VCX and Stan Mutual Pleasure Fred and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3202 by vf » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:24 pm

akiberg wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:
akiberg wrote:just because Trudeau isn't most likely a sociopath like his US counterpart doesn't negate the fact BOTH of them are woefully unqualified to do the jobs a bunch of sheep voted for them to do. Billy bob the swamp buggy racer is no different than the enlightened feel goody hippy, both were dupped.

but one is way more unqualified than the other. 7 years of experience (plus childhood) versus no experience whatsoever. Trump will, at maximum, have 8 years of political experience in his entire life.

my mommy was an accountant. am I finance minister material now?

part time drama teacher
multiple failed degrees
amateur sports critic.
vs.
runs a huge corporation
grabs pussy
awful human being

great point EB.

one guy is clearly the obvious leader. how could I miss that?

And more false equivalency.
akiberg
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 119 times

Post #3203 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:22 pm

vf wrote:
akiberg wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:Trudeau had 7 years in politics (not including his childhood) before being elected. Trump has never even been on a town council.

"idiots voted for someone" doesn't mean anything. Idiots voted for Harper and Clinton too.

If you *don't* think that Trudeau is as bad a decision as trump (perhaps you do?), I don't think you've stated anything meaningful. Either you are putting forth a false equivalency or you are saying something meaningless.

fuck, you're right. I forgot about the time Trudeau spent as amateur sports critic. silly me for suggesting his qualifications to lead a country mirror Trumps in any way.
how about they are both quasi celebrities and members of the 1% who successfully sold their primary group of voters on the fallacy that they 'get them'?

You do realize he wanted to be amateur sports critic for a very specific reason right?

so altruistic. my heart melts at the thought of it.
doesn't make him qualified to be in the position he's in.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3204 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:24 pm

vf wrote:
akiberg wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:
but one is way more unqualified than the other. 7 years of experience (plus childhood) versus no experience whatsoever. Trump will, at maximum, have 8 years of political experience in his entire life.

my mommy was an accountant. am I finance minister material now?

part time drama teacher
multiple failed degrees
amateur sports critic.
vs.
runs a huge corporation
grabs pussy
awful human being

great point EB.

one guy is clearly the obvious leader. how could I miss that?

And more false equivalency.

your opinion. no one wants to be thought of as a sheep, I can accept your unwillingness to shift your thinking.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
MP
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 121 times
Received rep: 190 times

Post #3205 by MP » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Not sure there is a bigger Canadian political herd than Alberta.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 108 times
Received rep: 210 times

Post #3206 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:51 pm

The conservatives wouldn't lie would they?
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3207 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:54 pm

MP wrote:Not sure there is a bigger Canadian political herd than Alberta.

becsuse Alberta got dupped by the part time drama teacher too?? not sure what motives are behind you making my point, but thanks.

maybe look at the herd to the east. the entire region votes on who the polls suggest are going to win/ or for who promises to put the most into their outstretched hands. Trudeau waltzed through there and all he had to do was promise lower EI wait times. like lambs to the slaughter. liberal sweep. it'll be blue next election. rinse/repeat.
Justin Trudeau
MP
Registered Broad

Post #3208 by MP » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Alberta might go blue/reform, but it'll be a decade
before the east goes down that hole again. . .
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad

Post #3209 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:07 pm

I think he means all politicians lie and their voters eat up they shit they spew.
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3210 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:14 pm

MP wrote:Alberta might go blue/reform, but it'll be a decade

the novelty of dumb dumb will wear off, even with the most ardent of sheep.
Justin Trudeau
MP
Registered Broad

Post #3211 by MP » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:08 pm

akiberg wrote:

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/12814166
Dynrehab
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 82 times
Received rep: 137 times

Post #3212 by Dynrehab » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:21 pm

akiberg wrote:doesn't make him qualified to be in the position he's in.

It doesn't make him a target for this conversation either. But you can't help yourself.
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3213 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Dynrehab wrote:
akiberg wrote:doesn't make him qualified to be in the position he's in.

It doesn't make him a target for this conversation either. But you can't help yourself.

ahhhhh, the similarities b/w the two elections was exactly the conversation....
you only seem to want to focus on Trump and how awful a choice you think he was. how very exclusionary of you. I've opened my mind up to the possibility that both choices are quite awful. if you are going to pretend to have an open mind you should at least pretend to have an open mind a little more consistently. sunny ways shouldn't be just a part time job.
Justin Trudeau
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3214 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:27 pm

MP wrote:
akiberg wrote:

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/12814166

a puff piece about dumb dumb's buddies talking about dumb dumb. very compelling
Justin Trudeau
Dynrehab
Registered Broad

Post #3215 by Dynrehab » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:34 pm

akiberg wrote:

Only by you, dumb ass.
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3216 by akiberg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Dynrehab wrote:
akiberg wrote:

Only by you, dumb ass.

kitty has claws.
I'm sorry you seem to be struggling with grasping the similarities b/w the two elections. you only focusing on the differences is exactly the insidious mentality that just got trump elected. you're on a slippery slope, hopefully your carefully constructed la la land doesn't come crumbling down around you.
Justin Trudeau
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad

Post #3217 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:39 pm

vf
Registered Broad

Post #3218 by vf » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:35 pm

Horace and Pete is an amazing fucking show.
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3219 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:52 pm

Justin Trudeau
cawbber
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 55 times

Post #3220 by cawbber » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:56 pm

It's just a model. they even state that its one of many scenarios that could play out.
Dynrehab
Registered Broad

Post #3221 by Dynrehab » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:05 pm

“It’s not a prediction of how things are going to unfold,” Romy Bowers, CMHC’s chief risk officer was careful to point out.

“It’s about best practices, risk management practice, of looking at very extreme events and seeing how they will impact our balance sheet and capital position.”

So we blame Trudeau for creating an environment where interest rates can never rise again? Fear mongering.

Just a fart in the room.
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3222 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:14 pm

Dynrehab wrote:
“It’s not a prediction of how things are going to unfold,” Romy Bowers, CMHC’s chief risk officer was careful to point out.

“It’s about best practices, risk management practice, of looking at very extreme events and seeing how they will impact our balance sheet and capital position.”

So we blame Trudeau for creating an environment where interest rates can never rise again? Fear mongering.

Just a fart in the room.

for such a free spirited deep social thinker you sure have an affinity for putting words into peoples mouths.
I'm saying, good thing the drama teacher is available to lead us out of this. I never blamed him for a bunch of morons getting 5% down mortgages. Although, ironically, a large majority of those morons did vote for him.
Justin Trudeau
Dynrehab
Registered Broad

Post #3223 by Dynrehab » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:24 pm

akiberg wrote:
Dynrehab wrote:

Just a fart in the room.

for such a free spirited deep social thinker you sure have an affinity for putting words into peoples mouths.
I'm saying, good thing the drama teacher is available to lead us out of this. I never blamed him for a bunch of morons getting 5% down mortgages. Although, ironically, a large majority of those morons did vote for him.

Maybe you could explain to us why you posted a risk analysis model with the phrase "sunny ways" and we'll stop inferring what you are trying to say. Cause it just seemed like a cheap shot more fear mongering to me.
Dynrehab
Registered Broad

Post #3224 by Dynrehab » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:25 pm

akiberg wrote:
I'm saying, good thing the drama teacher is available to lead us out of this.

Explain to me, what is he leading us out of?
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3225 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Dynrehab wrote:
akiberg wrote:

i guess I'm alone in waiting for all these jobs he promised to create? the reason why the interest rates are going to spike/mortgage lending rules are tightening is directly correlated to the shriveling economy. i guess, that would be one thing I would hope for leadership on.
Justin Trudeau
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3226 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Dynrehab wrote:
akiberg wrote:
Dynrehab wrote:

Just a fart in the room.

Maybe you could explain to us why you posted a risk analysis model with the phrase "sunny ways" and we'll stop inferring what you are trying to say. Cause it just seemed like a cheap shot more fear mongering to me.

because it doesn't read very sunny?
you have to maybe open your mind to the small possibility that everything a conservative says isn't necessarily fear mongering. interest rates spiking will royally fuck the many with high debt/value mortgages. that isn't fear mongering, that's a fact.
I'm not in that group. But if I were, I'd have a wee bit of angst right now.
Justin Trudeau
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 112 times
Received rep: 212 times

Post #3227 by clawfirst » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:39 pm

I await the foreclosures and collapse. Saving for my time to pounce like a vulture.
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3228 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:42 pm

clawfirst wrote:I await the foreclosures and collapse. Saving for my time to pounce like a vulture.

indeed. i have a similar plan.
Justin Trudeau
vf
Registered Broad

Post #3229 by vf » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:48 pm

akiberg wrote:
Dynrehab wrote:
akiberg wrote:

i guess I'm alone in waiting for all these jobs he promised to create? the reason why the interest rates are going to spike/mortgage lending rules are tightening is directly correlated to the shriveling economy. i guess, that would be one thing I would hope for leadership on.

The story you linked was essentially explaining multitude of scenarios and Global managed to jump on the one that sounded the scariest. So when will rates spike? You could make a lot of money if you weren't just talking out of your ass.
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3230 by clawfirst » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Rates will go up...they always do eventually. And it will indeed cripple those who are mortgage poor.

I wait
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3231 by clawfirst » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Aki isnt always wrong. Hes just a dick about being write
MP
Registered Broad

Post #3232 by MP » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:11 pm

I think you'll be waiting a long time.
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3233 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:14 pm

vf wrote:
akiberg wrote:
Dynrehab wrote:

The story you linked was essentially explaining multitude of scenarios and Global managed to jump on the one that sounded the scariest. So when will rates spike? You could make a lot of money if you weren't just talking out of your ass.

february.
Justin Trudeau
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 233 times
Received rep: 153 times

Post #3234 by Curry Rage » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:17 pm

The more common response to slow growth in big economies the past decade has been the opposite - I.e QE and lowered rates.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3235 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:19 pm

MP wrote:I think you'll be waiting a long time.

really? you think the huge group of people that are carrying 5% down mortgages on their over inflated house values can handle even the most modest of interest rate increases?
you don't think the new changes in the mortgage lending rules are going to have the slightest effect on supply and command?
the economy keeps shriveling, the dollar keeps tanking. somethings got to give. something will give.
Justin Trudeau
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3236 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:19 pm

clawfirst wrote:Aki isnt always wrong. Hes just a dick about being write

you can't change who you is.
Justin Trudeau
MP
Registered Broad

Post #3237 by MP » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:28 pm

akiberg wrote:

really? you think the huge group of people that are carrying 5% down mortgages on their over inflated house values can handle even the most modest of interest rate increases?
you don't think the new changes in the mortgage lending rules are going to have the slightest effect on supply and command?
the economy keeps shriveling, the dollar keeps tanking. somethings got to give. something will give.

Do I think people are going to with less? Likely, but this isn't the US, people can't just walk away, so there will be a bunch stuck, but I doubt we see much of a decline outside of the GTA and Vancouver.

The tanking dollar is actually in our favour.
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3238 by akiberg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:41 pm

MP wrote:
akiberg wrote:

Do I think people are going to with less? Likely, but this isn't the US, people can't just walk away, so there will be a bunch stuck, but I doubt we see much of a decline outside of the GTA and Vancouver.

You go to sell your house 6 months ago and you might of had 10 interested parties qualified by banks to make you an offer. as the lending rules tighten that number of people is going to sharply decline. housing prices will follow. the over mortgaged, while better protected here in Canada, are still..... fucked.
how many of the overmortgaged are also carrying lines of credit based on their over-inflated house values? when things turn, they will turn quickly.
Justin Trudeau
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3239 by clawfirst » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:05 pm

But for real..keep that dollar low. Claw wants to build spaceships in the world of make believe
cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #3240 by cawbber » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:44 pm

akiberg wrote:
MP wrote:
akiberg wrote:really? you think the huge group of people that are carrying 5% down mortgages on their over inflated house values can handle even the most modest of interest rate increases?

You go to sell your house 6 months ago and you might of had 10 interested parties qualified by banks to make you an offer. as the lending rules tighten that number of people is going to sharply decline. housing prices will follow. the over mortgaged, while better protected here in Canada, are still..... fucked.
how many of the overmortgaged are also carrying lines of credit based on their over-inflated house values? when things turn, they will turn quickly.

that's called a correction.

it's bound to happen at some point.
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3241 by clawfirst » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Its gonna ruin a lot of lives.
cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #3242 by cawbber » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:45 am

clawfirst wrote:Its gonna ruin a lot of lives.

no doubt. however, when you over-extend yourself and hope that interest rates don't rise, its a game Russian roulette. At some point the result is not going to work in your favour.
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 639 times
Received rep: 311 times

Post #3243 by vonbonds » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:26 am

MP wrote:
akiberg wrote:

Do I think people are going to with less? Likely, [b]]but this isn't the US, people can't just walk away[/b, so there will be a bunch stuck, but I doubt we see much of a decline outside of the GTA and Vancouver.

What happens in Canada when a homeowner can't or refuses to pay the mortgage?
cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #3244 by cawbber » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:32 pm

vonbonds wrote:
MP wrote:
akiberg wrote:really? you think the huge group of people that are carrying 5% down mortgages on their over inflated house values can handle even the most modest of interest rate increases?

Do I think people are going to with less? Likely, [b]]but this isn't the US, people can't just walk away[/b, so there will be a bunch stuck, but I doubt we see much of a decline outside of the GTA and Vancouver.

you can't walk away from your mortgage like in the states.
akiberg
Registered Broad

Post #3245 by akiberg » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:44 pm

cawbber wrote:
vonbonds wrote:
MP wrote:

you can in Alberta. Mortgages that are not insured by CMHC.
Justin Trudeau
vonbonds
Registered Broad

Post #3246 by vonbonds » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:33 pm

I assume it's much harder to get a mortgage in Canada since failure isn't an option.
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 65 times
Received rep: 234 times

Post #3247 by Thomas Malthus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:59 pm

Something you might be interested in reading von: https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ner ... fa_018.cfm
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
vonbonds
Registered Broad

Post #3248 by vonbonds » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Full-recourse loans..that's the explanation. Thanks
cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #3249 by cawbber » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:39 pm

akiberg wrote:
cawbber wrote:
vonbonds wrote:What happens in Canada when a homeowner can't or refuses to pay the mortgage?

you can in Alberta. Mortgages that are not insured by CMHC.

figures... bunch of quitters... :colbertsmile:
paulster
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 337 times
Received rep: 138 times

Post #3250 by paulster » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:43 am

Return to “The Auston Matthews show”