*NSFW* - Professor Dickman's Office Hours and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

akiberg
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 121 times
Received rep: 123 times

Re: *NSFW* - Professor Dickman's Office Hours and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3401 by akiberg » Sat May 13, 2017 7:06 pm

cawbber wrote:
clawfirst wrote:I blame the victims

intent: invited to have sex with strangers

outcome: had sex with strangers

Clearly he's the first guy in history that lied about who he was in order to have sex. not all of us can be drummers, after all.
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
WTF
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 169 times
Received rep: 247 times

Re: *NSFW* - Professor Dickman's Office Hours and Sometimes Leafs Lounge. Virgin 4.0

Post #3402 by WTF » Sat May 13, 2017 8:28 pm

akiberg wrote:
cawbber wrote:

Clearly he's the first guy in history that lied about who he was in order to have sex. not all of us can be drummers, after all.

A real conservative would have just grabbed them by the pussy, without any pretense.
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 12 times
Received rep: 130 times

Post #3403 by mooseOAK » Sat May 13, 2017 9:43 pm

akiberg wrote:
cawbber wrote:

Drummers typically get the 5th less disease ridden groupie.
paulster
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 391 times
Received rep: 163 times

Post #3404 by paulster » Mon May 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Setting up a TFSA to compiment our pensions in 20 years. I am thinking of a diverse portfolio of ETFs and commodities and whatnot, but I'm new to all of this shit. Do any of you have any websites that you frequent that are good for reading up on the investment world that are Canada-focused? Just want to get some more information from somewhere that is more in-tune with Canadian taxes and policies than the US stuff that I can find.

Would it make sense to hire someone to help me? Or can nobody be really trusted and it's better to just DIY?
tbm
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 62 times

Post #3405 by tbm » Mon May 15, 2017 10:50 pm

tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3406 by tbm » Thu May 18, 2017 8:54 am

Cornell gone.

clawfirst
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 141 times
Received rep: 276 times

Post #3407 by clawfirst » Thu May 18, 2017 9:20 am

And that makes mike patton the best vocalist alive.

Without dispute...cause he may have already been.
Madic
Registered Broad

Post #3408 by Madic » Thu May 18, 2017 10:39 am

:( Probably the best Temple of the Dog footage ever:

LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 198 times
Received rep: 295 times

Post #3409 by LeafOfBread » Thu May 18, 2017 2:22 pm

RIP Chris Cornell.
vf
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 235 times
Received rep: 161 times

Post #3410 by vf » Wed May 24, 2017 4:16 pm

In between Opeth and Katatonia. Maybe a little Tool in there as well.
LeafErikson
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 80 times
Received rep: 136 times

Post #3411 by LeafErikson » Wed May 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Any of yous guys watch the Unacknowledged doc? Pretty interesting stuff, tho not a lot of it was stuff that I wasn't really already aware of. But I guess what's a bit surprising is the number of big time officials that have come forward and said UFO's are indeed real, aliens have been visiting earth, and there are segments of the US government, and global powers that be that are controlling the information flow. Anyway, put your tinfoil hats on and lets talk about the crazy stuff.
vf
Registered Broad

Post #3412 by vf » Wed May 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Never heard of it.
LeafErikson
Registered Broad

Post #3413 by LeafErikson » Wed May 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 22 times
Received rep: 101 times

Post #3414 by Whit Dickman » Wed May 24, 2017 5:59 pm

LeafErikson wrote:Any of yous guys watch the Unacknowledged doc? Pretty interesting stuff, tho not a lot of it was stuff that I wasn't really already aware of. But I guess what's a bit surprising is the number of big time officials that have come forward and said UFO's are indeed real, aliens have been visiting earth, and there are segments of the US government, and global powers that be that are controlling the information flow. Anyway, put your tinfoil hats on and lets talk about the crazy stuff.

Hahaha

Here's something I always wonder about WRT alien theories.

Imagine the effort required to travel from Toronto to Vancouver. Quite a bit of resources go into that, actually. Now think about the effort it took to get to the moon. Now multiply that by, what, a million? A billion?

Doesn't really matter. It would require a lot of effort for aliens to come to earth. There's no doubt.

Given that, why would they not do anything to make it worth their while? It's like flying to Vancouver to buy a bottle of water, but multiplied by a lot. It just doesn't make sense.

But yes, a global conspiracy.
Zardoz
Registered Broad
Received rep: 145 times

Post #3415 by Zardoz » Wed May 24, 2017 6:12 pm

EB clearly didn't watch much Star Trek. Prime directive and such.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
[SIZE="1"]Bring us your idiots, your hussies, your blue and your dreamy. Your steady, your huddled, your fisted and creamy. Your villains, your filthy, your cunts and your meese. Your carpenters and fishers and pastors and beasts. Your rednecks, your Safas, your trolls and your Brits. And like all good sailors, we like us some tits.[/size]
LeafErikson
Registered Broad

Post #3416 by LeafErikson » Wed May 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Whit Dickman wrote:
LeafErikson wrote:Any of yous guys watch the Unacknowledged doc? Pretty interesting stuff, tho not a lot of it was stuff that I wasn't really already aware of. But I guess what's a bit surprising is the number of big time officials that have come forward and said UFO's are indeed real, aliens have been visiting earth, and there are segments of the US government, and global powers that be that are controlling the information flow. Anyway, put your tinfoil hats on and lets talk about the crazy stuff.

Hahaha

Imagine the effort required to travel from Toronto to Vancouver. Quite a bit of resources go into that, actually. Now think about the effort it took to get to the moon. Now multiply that by, what, a million? A billion?

Doesn't really matter. It would require a lot of effort for aliens to come to earth. There's no doubt.

Given that, why would they not do anything to make it worth their while? It's like flying to Vancouver to buy a bottle of water, but multiplied by a lot. It just doesn't make sense.

You're basing that on your knowledge of what's possible in regards to space travel. Also, who knows where these beings could be from? Maybe they're a lot closer than we expect? lol. Sincerely tho, I have no idea, and don't really believe anything for certain. But I will say there is a lot going on there that does make me wonder. I don't think it's as simple as saying "well why wouldn't they do this or that if they traveled that far?" Because we could never know what the motivation is either. What motivates a human to do a thing may not be the same for a space faring alien. Or, inter-dimensional traveling alien?
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3417 by tbm » Wed May 24, 2017 6:34 pm

They probably just drop by to laugh at us for fucking everything up while they're on their way to another galaxy.
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3418 by clawfirst » Wed May 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Zardoz wrote:EB clearly didn't watch much Star Trek. Prime directive and such.

Pretty sure the prime directive is if it isnt broken fix it again untill you broke it.

And yeah vf soen have a polished pop prog metal vibe. More tool than anything imo.

Canadas opeth, Anciients are a fav of mine atm

Just noticed its a new album...will check it out
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3419 by clawfirst » Wed May 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Oooooh very opethy compared to the prior work
LeafErikson
Registered Broad

Post #3420 by LeafErikson » Wed May 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Whit Dickman
Registered Broad

Post #3421 by Whit Dickman » Wed May 24, 2017 7:23 pm

LeafErikson wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:

Hahaha

You're basing that on your knowledge of what's possible in regards to space travel. Also, who knows where these beings could be from? Maybe they're a lot closer than we expect? lol. Sincerely tho, I have no idea, and don't really believe anything for certain. But I will say there is a lot going on there that does make me wonder. I don't think it's as simple as saying "well why wouldn't they do this or that if they traveled that far?" Because we could never know what the motivation is either. What motivates a human to do a thing may not be the same for a space faring alien. Or, inter-dimensional traveling alien?

"The lord works in mysterious ways".
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3422 by clawfirst » Wed May 24, 2017 7:24 pm

We sent a rocket to mars to look at rocks....meh
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3423 by clawfirst » Wed May 24, 2017 7:27 pm

However we should be completely overwhelmed by fantastic high res pictures of ufos now if they were around. We all have photo taking super computer phone thingys.

So....
vf
Registered Broad

Post #3424 by vf » Wed May 24, 2017 7:38 pm

clawfirst wrote:

Pretty sure the prime directive is if it isnt broken fix it again untill you broke it.

And yeah vf soen have a polished pop prog metal vibe. More tool than anything imo.

Only listened to the new Soen album. Will check out their older stuff. Never really been able to get into Anciients. I'll give them another go.

Also did I tell you about Cult of Luna?

Post-metal, but, when it kicks in it's awesome.
LeafErikson
Registered Broad

Post #3425 by LeafErikson » Wed May 24, 2017 7:40 pm

clawfirst wrote:However we should be completely overwhelmed by fantastic high res pictures of ufos now if they were around. We all have photo taking super computer phone thingys.

So....

Not if the secret agency's are either covering them up, or discrediting the pictures. See man, for ever "rational" explanation you have we "wackadoos" have a perfectly reasonable counter point.. :danson:
paulster
Registered Broad

Post #3426 by paulster » Wed May 24, 2017 7:44 pm

I bet the aliens we think we see are just future humans experimenting in the early days of time travel.
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3427 by clawfirst » Wed May 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Id bet its just hyperactive imaginations and mental disorders.
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3428 by clawfirst » Wed May 24, 2017 7:56 pm

vf wrote:
clawfirst wrote:

Only listened to the new Soen album. Will check out their older stuff. Never really been able to get into Anciients. I'll give them another go.

Also did I tell you about Cult of Luna?

Post-metal, but, when it kicks in it's awesome.

Will check out.

I dont know. anciients have a very derivative mastodon opeth thing going...and i like it. Ill need to see them live
cawbber
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 129 times
Received rep: 76 times

Post #3429 by cawbber » Wed May 24, 2017 10:46 pm

Whit Dickman wrote:

Hahaha

Aliens would go a long way to unravel the mystery that is Donald Trump's presidency. At the very least we're trapped in an alterante reality.
LeafErikson
Registered Broad

Post #3430 by LeafErikson » Wed May 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Elon Musk thinks we're in some kind of simulation, like the Matrix. Except we're a part of the simulation, and don't actually exist.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 156 times
Received rep: 274 times

Post #3431 by Philthy Thrillz » Thu May 25, 2017 9:18 am

When I was younger I had the idea we were an ant farm of sorts.
paulster
Registered Broad

Post #3432 by paulster » Thu May 25, 2017 12:16 pm

cawbber wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:

Hahaha

Aliens would go a long way to unravel the mystery that is Donald Trump's presidency. At the very least we're trapped in an alterante reality.

It's no mystery. Check out the doc Get Me Roger Stone. It's all explained. Fascinating.
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad

Post #3433 by Whit Dickman » Thu May 25, 2017 12:26 pm

clawfirst wrote:We sent a rocket to mars to look at rocks....meh

we left stuff on mars. aliens come to earth and are super discrete for some reason.
vf
Registered Broad

Post #3434 by vf » Mon May 29, 2017 10:00 pm

I've really fallen down this prog metal hole. Been getting into Porcupine Tree and Leprous last few days.

clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3435 by clawfirst » Mon May 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Sometimes you just want to hear a singer.

I go full power metal sometimes for this
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #3436 by clawfirst » Mon May 29, 2017 10:19 pm

Corny...sure

Still rocks

vf
Registered Broad

Post #3437 by vf » Tue May 30, 2017 10:03 am

Everybody needs a little cheese in their life.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 332 times
Received rep: 199 times

Post #3438 by Curry Rage » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Sometimes think about moving back to Canada.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
vf
Registered Broad

Post #3439 by vf » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:29 pm

That'd be a big step.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #3440 by Curry Rage » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:48 am

Well, I'd be able to avoid the largest number of terror attacks just by avoiding Quebecois men.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #3441 by Curry Rage » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:51 am

It would be a big step, of course. Starting all over AGAIN plus Mrs. C having to do the same this time. We've bandied the idea about but she's not keen due to the weather. She doesn't like cold and doesn't do well in summer heat either. Next stop, Scotland? At least they still have a semi-functioning NHS.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
vf
Registered Broad

Post #3442 by vf » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:45 am

Not liking hot or cold does make it tough lol. We've considered the great trek west before, but, it never happened.
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3443 by tbm » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Curry Rage wrote:It would be a big step, of course. Starting all over AGAIN plus Mrs. C having to do the same this time. We've bandied the idea about but she's not keen due to the weather. She doesn't like cold and doesn't do well in summer heat either. Next stop, Scotland? At least they still have a semi-functioning NHS.

Just come out to BC and get it over with.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #3444 by Curry Rage » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:03 pm

tbm wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:It would be a big step, of course. Starting all over AGAIN plus Mrs. C having to do the same this time. We've bandied the idea about but she's not keen due to the weather. She doesn't like cold and doesn't do well in summer heat either. Next stop, Scotland? At least they still have a semi-functioning NHS.

Dunno what I'd do.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
akiberg
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 121 times
Received rep: 123 times

Post #3445 by akiberg » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:11 pm

Curry Rage wrote:Well, I'd be able to avoid the largest number of terror attacks just by avoiding Quebecois men.

just reading about the latest attacks in London here now.
is that accelerating the thinking towards a move?
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #3446 by Curry Rage » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:13 pm

In the moment last night, yes. Today, only a little.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3447 by tbm » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Curry Rage wrote:
tbm wrote:

Dunno what I'd do.

Lots of opportunity here, the both of you might even be able to do what you want and live a good life.
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3448 by tbm » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:30 pm

The fucker is the move and getting your feet planted again, I know because I just moved the family out here a little over a year ago. It's overwhelming (move + what the fuck am I going to do) but it will all work out though.
tbm
Registered Broad

Post #3449 by tbm » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:53 pm

akiberg wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:Well, I'd be able to avoid the largest number of terror attacks just by avoiding Quebecois men.

just reading about the latest attacks in London here now.
is that accelerating the thinking towards a move?

Truly sad what's going on in that city/country, that fucking bullshit is occurring about as often as Sunday breakfast at this point.
vf
Registered Broad

Post #3450 by vf » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:12 pm

What's sad is that people are still too fucking stupid and keep blaming it on immigrants and a religion. Has nothing to do at all with countless wars the west has either helped with or instigated and all the coups. Nothing to do with all the bombings. Nah, it's that damned religion.

Return to “The Auston Matthews show”