Offseason Thrud

User avatar
stoney
Registered Broad
Posts: 5955
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm
Has given rep: 257 times
Received rep: 147 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1051 by stoney » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:06 am

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-expecting-even-auston-matthews-year-2/

So Matthews focused on rest and pilates for the summer. Sounds really wise to me. Would have been a hell of a long season for him. There are things to work on in his game, but they can be done in camp and throughout the year.

Also, saying he wants to be more assertive is fucking exciting.
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8540
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 252 times
Received rep: 289 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1052 by AGENT ZERO » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:52 pm

I have no issue with the Leafs bringing back Polak, he showed some good things towards the end of last year and is a key veteran in the locker room. However, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he will get a contract, the injury he sustained last year is a difficult one to rebound from in such a short period of time.
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16871
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 513 times
Received rep: 284 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1053 by vf » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:43 pm

No free rides, just more internal competition. Who knows if Polak gets a contract and if he does how long they'd keep him in the lineup or league. I hope he comes in and has a great camp and makes the kids work harder.
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 40160
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 295 times
Received rep: 499 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1054 by clawfirst » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:44 pm

If he cant hack it offer him an AHL deal to get him back in shape
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4544
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 180 times
Received rep: 459 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1055 by Thomas Malthus » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:08 pm

At the very least having Polak around means the guys fighting for D spots will be more motivated, cuz' you know Polak's gonna be hungry for a spot.

Also, you lads seen pics of Marner's new neck? Shades of Billy Ny.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 27131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 410 times
Received rep: 446 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1056 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:52 pm

I have not seen said neck, pics or gtfo.
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 11679
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 287 times
Received rep: 497 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1057 by WTF » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Philthy Thrillz wrote:I have not seen said neck, pics or gtfo.




Have a video instead.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7902
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 573 times
Received rep: 567 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1058 by LeafOfBread » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:57 am



for comparison's sake, video from last summer. definitely added a few inches to that neck
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5012
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 567 times
Received rep: 420 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1059 by Curry Rage » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:31 am

Looking stronger. Claw ain't wrong. Show v. Go. You can do curls and tricep kickbacks all day and work your show muscles until your shoulders round forward and give you ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome) when you and your girlfriends preen in the windows on the way to the cocktail bar, but you can't fake neck/traps/upper back. You can either pull some shit, or you can't.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 27131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 410 times
Received rep: 446 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1060 by Philthy Thrillz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:12 am

What a beauty. Mitch is captain material.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 27131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 410 times
Received rep: 446 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1061 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:42 am

How good is Marleau at center? Is there a contender that could use both Bozak and JVR, has a one year cap dump, a good young rd to spare, oh and in the west?

Hyman Matthews Willy
Komarov Kadri Brown
Kapannen Marleau Marner
Martin Moore LevioKerby
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16871
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 513 times
Received rep: 284 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1062 by vf » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:27 am

Vegas might move Colin Miller and would likely love to dump Grabo. I don't know a lot about him, but, he seems to have some potential, but, probably not enough to warrant moving JVR.
User avatar
akiberg
Registered Broad
Posts: 2834
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am
Has given rep: 121 times
Received rep: 123 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1063 by akiberg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:46 am

Philthy Thrillz wrote:How good is Marleau at center? Is there a contender that could use both Bozak and JVR, has a one year cap dump, a good young rd to spare, oh and in the west?

Hyman Matthews Willy
Komarov Kadri Brown
Kapannen Marleau Marner
Martin Moore LevioKerby

yes there is a contender who could use them both, the leafs.
:owl2:
“No country would find 173 billion barrels of oil in the ground and just leave them there.”
Justin Trudeau
User avatar
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Posts: 14360
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm
Has given rep: 1894 times
Received rep: 845 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1064 by vonbonds » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:48 am

I could see you guys adding, not subtracting at the deadline. Get that tanking feeling outta your heads.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 27131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 410 times
Received rep: 446 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1065 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:13 pm

You think that line up tanks?
User avatar
cawbber
Registered Broad
Posts: 14923
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm
Has given rep: 217 times
Received rep: 155 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1066 by cawbber » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:36 pm

vf wrote:Vegas might move Colin Miller and would likely love to dump Grabo. I don't know a lot about him, but, he seems to have some potential, but, probably not enough to warrant moving JVR.

Miller would be a good add
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8540
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 252 times
Received rep: 289 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1067 by AGENT ZERO » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Miller is a 3rd pair D, meh. I want Tanev at the deadline.
User avatar
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Posts: 14360
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm
Has given rep: 1894 times
Received rep: 845 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1068 by vonbonds » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Philthy Thrillz wrote:You think that line up tanks?

Of course not. Uncle Lou (if left to his own devices) only cares about playoff runs. He’d rather use and lose JvR in the playoffs than be smart about maximizing asset management with the long view in mind.
User avatar
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 284 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1069 by mooseOAK » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Dumping 2/3 of the highest scoring line combination in the league last season would be a strange move.
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16871
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 513 times
Received rep: 284 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1070 by vf » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Who said anything about dumping them?
User avatar
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 284 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1071 by mooseOAK » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Everyone who wants them out of the lineup. If the Leafs do that they won't get much of a return because players that are being offered around the league don't garner much of a return.
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 40160
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 295 times
Received rep: 499 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1072 by clawfirst » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:48 pm

They produce. Every year.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7902
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 573 times
Received rep: 567 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1073 by LeafOfBread » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:04 pm

mooseOAK wrote:Dumping 2/3 of the highest scoring line combination in the league last season would be a strange move.

They were also the highest scored on combination.

That being said, they did still have a +10 goal differential (48 vs 38).
Dynrehab
Registered Broad
Posts: 2138
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 pm
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 215 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1074 by Dynrehab » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:40 pm

The point of a trade is because they think they have an adequate replacement. If you move JVR and replace him with Kapenen at 20% of the cap and 80% of the scoring, you still have a good scoring line and $3 million in cap and a 1st and a prospect without losing a player to waivers.

There are ways to trade JVR and not lose much short term and gain big long term. Marleau coming here opens up options.

Kadri's line took the tough assignments and Matthews had the checking line so the Bozak line must have had some protection making it more likely to score and less likely to be scored on. Mitch Marner could make Johnny Mallon a 30 goal scorer.
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 40160
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 295 times
Received rep: 499 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1075 by clawfirst » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Which is all fair and good. Id be ok with the jvr scenario you have stated. Bozak is decent C depth insurance.

Which is fantastic in that we used to argue over which AAAA 3rd line centre was our number one
User avatar
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 284 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1076 by mooseOAK » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Dynrehab wrote:The point of a trade is because they think they have an adequate replacement. If you move JVR and replace him with Kapenen at 20% of the cap and 80% of the scoring, you still have a good scoring line and $3 million in cap and a 1st and a prospect without losing a player to waivers.

There are ways to trade JVR and not lose much short term and gain big long term. Marleau coming here opens up options.

Kadri's line took the tough assignments and Matthews had the checking line so the Bozak line must have had some protection making it more likely to score and less likely to be scored on. Mitch Marner could make Johnny Mallon a 30 goal scorer.

With Kapanen as a replacement Bozak and Marner's scoring will go down also. Van Riemsdyk has skills that he will never have and Marleau used to have. The Leafs need the scoring to win because defence will be an issue again this year.
Dynrehab
Registered Broad
Posts: 2138
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 pm
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 215 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1077 by Dynrehab » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:54 pm

mooseOAK wrote:
Dynrehab wrote:The point of a trade is because they think they have an adequate replacement. If you move JVR and replace him with Kapenen at 20% of the cap and 80% of the scoring, you still have a good scoring line and $3 million in cap and a 1st and a prospect without losing a player to waivers.

There are ways to trade JVR and not lose much short term and gain big long term. Marleau coming here opens up options.

Kadri's line took the tough assignments and Matthews had the checking line so the Bozak line must have had some protection making it more likely to score and less likely to be scored on. Mitch Marner could make Johnny Mallon a 30 goal scorer.

With Kapanen as a replacement Bozak and Marner's scoring will go down also. Van Riemsdyk has skills that he will never have and Marleau used to have. The Leafs need the scoring to win because defence will be an issue again this year.


Unless that isn't the case and defence is OK. Or they use cap space and the assets to get a defenceman that JVR would never get them.
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8540
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 252 times
Received rep: 289 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1078 by AGENT ZERO » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:26 pm

clawfirst wrote:Which is all fair and good. Id be ok with the jvr scenario you have stated. Bozak is decent C depth insurance.

Which is fantastic in that we used to argue over which AAAA 3rd line centre was our number one


I'm with you, unless we are somehow signing Turris or Backlund I don't see how letting Bozak go makes us better.
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8540
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 252 times
Received rep: 289 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1079 by AGENT ZERO » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Dynrehab wrote:
mooseOAK wrote:
Dynrehab wrote:The point of a trade is because they think they have an adequate replacement. If you move JVR and replace him with Kapenen at 20% of the cap and 80% of the scoring, you still have a good scoring line and $3 million in cap and a 1st and a prospect without losing a player to waivers.

There are ways to trade JVR and not lose much short term and gain big long term. Marleau coming here opens up options.

Kadri's line took the tough assignments and Matthews had the checking line so the Bozak line must have had some protection making it more likely to score and less likely to be scored on. Mitch Marner could make Johnny Mallon a 30 goal scorer.

With Kapanen as a replacement Bozak and Marner's scoring will go down also. Van Riemsdyk has skills that he will never have and Marleau used to have. The Leafs need the scoring to win because defence will be an issue again this year.


Unless that isn't the case and defence is OK. Or they use cap space and the assets to get a defenceman that JVR would never get them.


Plus Kapanen is younger and better defensively. Both of these things matter.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 27131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 410 times
Received rep: 446 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1080 by Philthy Thrillz » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:08 pm

AGENT ZERO wrote:
clawfirst wrote:Which is all fair and good. Id be ok with the jvr scenario you have stated. Bozak is decent C depth insurance.

Which is fantastic in that we used to argue over which AAAA 3rd line centre was our number one


I'm with you, unless we are somehow signing Turris or Backlund I don't see how letting Bozak go makes us better.



:hillary:
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 27131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 410 times
Received rep: 446 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1081 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:57 am

Wheeler..

Reporter: “Do you have any personal goals you’ve set for this year?”
Auston Matthews: “Yeah, they’re personal.”

What a beauty.
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4544
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 180 times
Received rep: 459 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1082 by Thomas Malthus » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:35 am

:donger:
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 27131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 410 times
Received rep: 446 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1083 by Philthy Thrillz » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Bill better hurry the fuck up.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 5012
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 567 times
Received rep: 420 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1084 by Curry Rage » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:00 am

And end all the fun I’m having reading about how our Cap is totally fucked and the Marleau/Horton/Zaitsev contract is sinking us and we’ll have to trade a big name and shut our contention window next year?
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 27131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 410 times
Received rep: 446 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1085 by Philthy Thrillz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:06 am

I just want him in the lineup. 6x6 lets go!
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 27131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 410 times
Received rep: 446 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1086 by Philthy Thrillz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:24 am

Just read on boredz that the deal is 8 years 50 mill. Dubas drawing a hard line or fake news.
User avatar
MonkeyWrench
Registered Broad
Posts: 8511
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 pm
Has given rep: 247 times
Received rep: 245 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1087 by MonkeyWrench » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Philthy Thrillz wrote:Just read on boredz that the deal is 8 years 50 mill. Dubas drawing a hard line or fake news.


With this new management group I choose not to believe anything, even Dregorz, until it's official.

For 6.25 Dubas should be given an award.
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 3278
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 51 times
Received rep: 157 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1088 by Whit Dickman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Just got a notification from the score that the Leafs are loading up one PP with Matthews, JT, Kadri, Marner, and Rielly.

My first thought (no guarantee that its smart) is that the Leafs released this plan to put pressure on Nylander. "If you want to be a part of the plans, you best sign"
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4544
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 180 times
Received rep: 459 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1089 by Thomas Malthus » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:19 pm

What would the second PP unit be? Nylander, Marleau, Johnsson, Brown/Kapanen, Gardiner?

Who does Nylander bump from the first unit? Matthews and Mitch will be on the walls. JT is playing net front as per Babs, Rielly has the blueline and Kadri is the bumper in the slot.

Maybe if Kadri gets moved to PP2 Matthews moves to the slot and Nylander takes over along the wall?
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
User avatar
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 284 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1090 by mooseOAK » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:15 pm

Top three centremen on one power play? Gauthier the pivot for the second unit.
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 40160
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 295 times
Received rep: 499 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1091 by clawfirst » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:23 pm

4 defensemen for 2nd unit just to equal out the stupidity and ensure a terrible shift when the pp expires.
User avatar
paulster
Registered Broad
Posts: 2069
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am
Has given rep: 753 times
Received rep: 349 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1092 by paulster » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:52 pm

I don’t even notice Nylander is missing.

What a glorious team this is.
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 3278
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 51 times
Received rep: 157 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1093 by Whit Dickman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:53 am

mooseOAK wrote:Top three centremen on one power play? Gauthier the pivot for the second unit.

Jesus what's up your butt mooseoak? Extra cynical lately. Ask the wife for a handjob or something
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 3278
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 51 times
Received rep: 157 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1094 by Whit Dickman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:55 am

Thomas Malthus wrote:What would the second PP unit be? Nylander, Marleau, Johnsson, Brown/Kapanen, Gardiner?

Who does Nylander bump from the first unit? Matthews and Mitch will be on the walls. JT is playing net front as per Babs, Rielly has the blueline and Kadri is the bumper in the slot.

Maybe if Kadri gets moved to PP2 Matthews moves to the slot and Nylander takes over along the wall?


I would do Johnsson-Marleau-Nylander with Gardiner and Zaitsev. 2nd unit will be getting ~30 seconds and it would be good to have 2 dmen.
User avatar
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am
Has given rep: 33 times
Received rep: 284 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1095 by mooseOAK » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:15 am

Whit Dickman wrote:
mooseOAK wrote:Top three centremen on one power play? Gauthier the pivot for the second unit.

Jesus what's up your butt mooseoak? Extra cynical lately. Ask the wife for a handjob or something

Just waging my one man war against pre-season silliness.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7902
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 573 times
Received rep: 567 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1096 by LeafOfBread » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:45 am

Whit Dickman wrote:Just got a notification from the score that the Leafs are loading up one PP with Matthews, JT, Kadri, Marner, and Rielly.

My first thought (no guarantee that its smart) is that the Leafs released this plan to put pressure on Nylander. "If you want to be a part of the plans, you best sign"

I was pretty convinced this would be the case when we signed JT. Rielly/Kadri/Marner were a lethal trio on the PP last year and I didn't see Babs breaking them up. I saw people advocating to have Nylander on the first unit as well over Kadri, but Kadri in particular is 9th in PP goals over the last two seasons (1 off of 4th overall), and leads the league in PP Goals / 60 minutes by a fair margin over that time as well, he's clearly found his niche.

Since JT asked to take JVR's old spot on the PP, that left Matthews taking over Bozak's place naturally.
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8540
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 252 times
Received rep: 289 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1097 by AGENT ZERO » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:46 pm

PP1:
Matthews - Tavares - Marner
-------------Kadri---------------
-------------Rielly---------------

PP2:
Ennis - Marleau - Nylander
---------Johnsson------------
--------Gardiner-------------
User avatar
MonkeyWrench
Registered Broad
Posts: 8511
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 pm
Has given rep: 247 times
Received rep: 245 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1098 by MonkeyWrench » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:17 am

Leivo's getting that spot over Ennis. If you have one good tool (his shot), Babs will find a way to use it.
Johnsson and Nylander can skate circles and break ankles.
Dynrehab
Registered Broad
Posts: 2138
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 pm
Has given rep: 105 times
Received rep: 215 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1099 by Dynrehab » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:09 pm

Jake Gardiner as the lone defenceman at the end of a power play makes me nervous.
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8540
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 252 times
Received rep: 289 times

Re: Offseason Thrud

Post #1100 by AGENT ZERO » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:24 am

MonkeyWrench wrote:Leivo's getting that spot over Ennis. If you have one good tool (his shot), Babs will find a way to use it.
Johnsson and Nylander can skate circles and break ankles.


I will take that bet, I think Ennis has already made this team over Leivo.

Return to “The Auston Matthews show”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest