Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 6810
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 245 times
Received rep: 322 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #51 by LeafOfBread » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:28 am

This might be one of the worst refereed games I've ever seen. Ducks have practically been committing rape and barely any calls.
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 10607
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 179 times
Received rep: 260 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #52 by WTF » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:33 am

We may actually get one of these called in our favour for once. From the replay, that looks like it was kicked in.
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 3706
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 81 times
Received rep: 286 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #53 by Thomas Malthus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:34 am

So stupid.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 10607
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 179 times
Received rep: 260 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #54 by WTF » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:35 am

SUSF! Gibson's desperate but ill-fated dive.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 6810
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 245 times
Received rep: 322 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #55 by LeafOfBread » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:35 am

Silfverberg thinking he's Zlatan.

Good win by the Leafs, still kind of messy but awful refereeing and keeping goals against to 2 or less is a huge victory at this point.
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 3706
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 81 times
Received rep: 286 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #56 by Thomas Malthus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:36 am

Uncle Leo, baby.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
User avatar
MonkeyWrench
Registered Broad
Posts: 7932
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 pm
Has given rep: 101 times
Received rep: 147 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #57 by MonkeyWrench » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:49 am

LeafOfBread wrote:This might be one of the worst refereed games I've ever seen. Ducks have practically been committing rape and barely any calls.


One of the worst commentated aswell. Romanuk and Millen were cringe worthy.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 26091
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 170 times
Received rep: 280 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #58 by Philthy Thrillz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 am

How did the new look lines play? Did Babs revert to old lines?
Highlights and lowlights would be much appreciated.
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 10607
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 179 times
Received rep: 260 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #59 by WTF » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:28 am

MonkeyWrench wrote:
LeafOfBread wrote:This might be one of the worst refereed games I've ever seen. Ducks have practically been committing rape and barely any calls.


One of the worst commentated aswell. Romanuk and Millen were cringe worthy.


After spending a shitload of money on the broadcasting rights, you'd think Rogers would spend a bit more for a decent broadcasting team.
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 2896
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 22 times
Received rep: 106 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #60 by Whit Dickman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:32 am

Huzzah
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 2896
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 22 times
Received rep: 106 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #61 by Whit Dickman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:33 am

JVR played 11 minutes last night. Writing is on the wall
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 6810
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 245 times
Received rep: 322 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #62 by LeafOfBread » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:38 am

Whit Dickman wrote:JVR played 11 minutes last night. Writing is on the wall

He actually had a good game. The line of JVR-Marleau-Brown was probably the best one.

Then you have Bozak and his 100% offensive zone starts...
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 7171
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 95 times
Received rep: 156 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #63 by AGENT ZERO » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:40 am

Whit Dickman wrote:JVR played 11 minutes last night. Writing is on the wall


Did you watch the game? That line was great, the 4-2 PP differential for Anaheim as well as pulling the goalie with 2 mins probably lowered his ice time.
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16344
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 168 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #64 by vf » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:25 am

WTF wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote:
LeafOfBread wrote:This might be one of the worst refereed games I've ever seen. Ducks have practically been committing rape and barely any calls.


One of the worst commentated aswell. Romanuk and Millen were cringe worthy.


After spending a shitload of money on the broadcasting rights, you'd think Rogers would spend a bit more for a decent broadcasting team.


They spent a shit load on the rights so they wouldn't have to.
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 2896
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 22 times
Received rep: 106 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #65 by Whit Dickman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:20 pm

AGENT ZERO wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:JVR played 11 minutes last night. Writing is on the wall


Did you watch the game? That line was great, the 4-2 PP differential for Anaheim as well as pulling the goalie with 2 mins probably lowered his ice time.


that's part of my point. line was great but still only 11 minutes.

although part of it might be babock rolling 4 lines given the back-to-back.

Still, Leafs won't be signing someone who plays ~14 min a night to a long-term big money contract (this is what I meant by "writing is on the wall")
User avatar
Transplanted Caper
Posts: 16039
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm
Has given rep: 56 times
Received rep: 151 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #66 by Transplanted Caper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:04 pm

JVR hasn't had the best start to the year, but he's had a great run in Toronto and probably doesn't get enough credit for it. That said, given the cost of keeping the young kids, and organizational depth on the wing, it's hard to see him staying here. It's just hard to see how his contract would fit.
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 7171
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 95 times
Received rep: 156 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #67 by AGENT ZERO » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Whit Dickman wrote:
AGENT ZERO wrote:
Whit Dickman wrote:JVR played 11 minutes last night. Writing is on the wall


Did you watch the game? That line was great, the 4-2 PP differential for Anaheim as well as pulling the goalie with 2 mins probably lowered his ice time.


that's part of my point. line was great but still only 11 minutes.

although part of it might be babock rolling 4 lines given the back-to-back.

Still, Leafs won't be signing someone who plays ~14 min a night to a long-term big money contract (this is what I meant by "writing is on the wall")


Fair enough
User avatar
stoney
Registered Broad
Posts: 5497
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm
Has given rep: 132 times
Received rep: 62 times

Re: Shitbag Leafs @ Anaheim Ducks - 10:00 PM SNET

Post #68 by stoney » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Transplanted Caper wrote:JVR hasn't had the best start to the year, but he's had a great run in Toronto and probably doesn't get enough credit for it. That said, given the cost of keeping the young kids, and organizational depth on the wing, it's hard to see him staying here. It's just hard to see how his contract would fit.


He was injured. Might be why he's down 5 shifts or so

Return to “The Auston Matthews show”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests