Beasts of the East, Canada's Surging Beloved Young Upstart Maple Leafs host Pho Yotes - 7:00 PM SNET

Honus Joglund
Registered Broad
Received rep: 218 times

Beasts of the East, Canada's Surging Beloved Young Upstart Maple Leafs host Pho Yotes - 7:00 PM SNET

Post #1 by Honus Joglund » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Next three games are vs. Phoenix (31st), @ Florida (29th) and @ Carolina (six way tie for 19th). Four points out of six should be the minimum goal against these teams.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 170 times
Received rep: 280 times

Re: Beasts of the East, Canada's Surging Beloved Young Upstart Maple Leafs host Pho Yotes - 7:00 PM SNET

Post #2 by Philthy Thrillz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:17 pm

GO LEAFS GO
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 344 times
Received rep: 214 times

Re: Beasts of the East, Canada's Surging Beloved Young Upstart Maple Leafs host Pho Yotes - 7:00 PM SNET

Post #3 by Curry Rage » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:19 am

Oh Phoenix. Almost feel sorry for them. Tippett made sure they were just good enough to miss out on the best picks for years. And despite having a unicorn in OEL, they've not been able to build around that. Their best forward prospect might be Keller who's a 5'10"C in a Conference full of big Cs.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 95 times
Received rep: 156 times

Post #4 by AGENT ZERO » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:57 am

Clayton Keller would be alot of team's best forward prospect. Besides, they have Strome who is killing the AHL and adds size.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #5 by Curry Rage » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:26 am

Just hopefully not those who've been near the bottom of the league off and on for years. That's not a great haul. With this size, he's likely to be a winger or a 2C going forward.

Call me when Strome does anything of note in the NHL. He has the offensive talent to score in the AHL, he just hasn't shown the speed, explosiveness or competitiveness to do it against NHL competition. He's got lazy, lazy feet.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 245 times
Received rep: 322 times

Post #6 by LeafOfBread » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:40 am

Curry Rage wrote:Oh Phoenix. Almost feel sorry for them. Tippett made sure they were just good enough to miss out on the best picks for years. And despite having a unicorn in OEL, they've not been able to build around that. Their best forward prospect might be Keller who's a 5'10"C in a Conference full of big Cs.

They got fucked over by the 2015 draft lottery the most. Dropped to 3rd when 1st overall is a generational player and 2nd overall is on track to be a franchise C.
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad

Post #7 by AGENT ZERO » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 am

Curry Rage wrote:Just hopefully not those who've been near the bottom of the league off and on for years. That's not a great haul. With this size, he's likely to be a winger or a 2C going forward.

Call me when Strome does anything of note in the NHL. He has the offensive talent to score in the AHL, he just hasn't shown the speed, explosiveness or competitiveness to do it against NHL competition. He's got lazy, lazy feet.

I wouldn't bet against a guy that posted 2 ppg in jr as an 18 and 19 year old, and is over a ppg in the AHL at 20. I still think Arizona will probably suck moving forward though because it's very difficult to compete with a shoestring payroll.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #8 by Curry Rage » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:49 am

LeafOfBread wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:Oh Phoenix. Almost feel sorry for them. Tippett made sure they were just good enough to miss out on the best picks for years. And despite having a unicorn in OEL, they've not been able to build around that. Their best forward prospect might be Keller who's a 5'10"C in a Conference full of big Cs.

They got fucked over by the 2015 draft lottery the most. Dropped to 3rd when 1st overall is a generational player and 2nd overall is on track to be a franchise C.

Yup. That had to hurt. Which is part of why I (nearly) feel sorry for them.

I may be being too harsh on Strome, but I had doubts about him going back to the draft. Just nothing in all that I had watched of him screamed impact player in the NHL. The skill was there but reports of dogged determination and competitiveness were greatly exaggerated. I understand he's been under the tutelage of the same woman who fixed up Tavares' skating, so it's possible he could overcome that deficit. I know PHX have been preaching *patience* with him, but they've been quick to put other guys (Domi, Keller) in the NHL at a younger age. You have to figure they're getting antsy over there.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
stoney
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 132 times
Received rep: 62 times

Post #9 by stoney » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:50 am

Does Mac get a start tonight?
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #10 by Curry Rage » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:51 am

AGENT ZERO wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:Just hopefully not those who've been near the bottom of the league off and on for years. That's not a great haul. With this size, he's likely to be a winger or a 2C going forward.

I wouldn't bet against a guy that posted 2 ppg in jr as an 18 and 19 year old, and is over a ppg in the AHL at 20. I still think Arizona will probably suck moving forward though because it's very difficult to compete with a shoestring payroll.

Bet against him doing what, is the question? A 45-50P 2C isn't what you'd like to get out of a 3rd overall pick in a pretty good draft year. Certainly not a great reward for a decade of treading water. Tippett may have been both the thing that saved that franchise - by keeping them competitive which helped Bettman make the case to keep them in PHX - and the thing that dooms them to mediocrity, payroll or not.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #11 by Curry Rage » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 am

stoney wrote:Does Mac get a start tonight?

Might be a good game for him to get into, but he scares me every time he's in net.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
stoney
Registered Broad

Post #12 by stoney » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 am

Curry Rage wrote:
LeafOfBread wrote:

I may be being too harsh on Strome, but I had doubts about him going back to the draft. Just nothing in all that I had watched of him screamed impact player in the NHL. The skill was there but reports of dogged determination and competitiveness were greatly exaggerated. I understand he's been under the tutelage of the same woman who fixed up Tavares' skating, so it's possible he could overcome that deficit. I know PHX have been preaching *patience* with him, but they've been quick to put other guys (Domi, Keller) in the NHL at a younger age. You have to figure they're getting antsy over there.

Hoping a player can to learn to "make quicker decisions" could shortly become a fruitless enterprise. Good luck to them though.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #13 by Curry Rage » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:01 am

stoney wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:
LeafOfBread wrote:They got fucked over by the 2015 draft lottery the most. Dropped to 3rd when 1st overall is a generational player and 2nd overall is on track to be a franchise C.

Hoping a player can to learn to "make quicker decisions" could shortly become a fruitless enterprise. Good luck to them though.

I seem to recall some talking about what a cerebral player he was pre-draft. I still don't see it. Remember him trying to force his own shot like a shot-forcing guy at the WJCs, though.

"Make him smarter" is a tough brief.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad

Post #14 by AGENT ZERO » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:28 am

Curry Rage wrote:
AGENT ZERO wrote:

Bet against him doing what, is the question? A 45-50P 2C isn't what you'd like to get out of a 3rd overall pick in a pretty good draft year. Certainly not a great reward for a decade of treading water. Tippett may have been both the thing that saved that franchise - by keeping them competitive which helped Bettman make the case to keep them in PHX - and the thing that dooms them to mediocrity, payroll or not.

45-50 point guys don't typically post ppg numbers in the AHL at age 20. He still has 1C upside.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad

Post #15 by Curry Rage » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:36 am

And you like a weasel word more than most. :)
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
Zardoz
Registered Broad
Received rep: 148 times

Post #16 by Zardoz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Jake Gardiners brain in 30+ year old Eric Staal's body.

Could be a top line centre, but we'll see.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
[SIZE="1"]Bring us your idiots, your hussies, your blue and your dreamy. Your steady, your huddled, your fisted and creamy. Your villains, your filthy, your cunts and your meese. Your carpenters and fishers and pastors and beasts. Your rednecks, your Safas, your trolls and your Brits. And like all good sailors, we like us some tits.[/size]
paulster
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 415 times
Received rep: 169 times

Post #17 by paulster » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:39 pm

it must be annoying to be a coyotes C prospect and be stuck behind their seemingly endless depth at that position, unable to crack that all-Star lineup.

#freedylan
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad

Post #18 by Philthy Thrillz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Colby

"The future looks bright for the Yotes"

:fingered:
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad

Post #19 by Philthy Thrillz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Happy 100th game, Matthews.
WTF
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 179 times
Received rep: 260 times

Post #20 by WTF » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Philthy Thrillz wrote:Colby

"The future looks bright for the Yotes"

:fingered:

The Quebec Coyotes? Do they even have Coyotes in Quebec?
Honus Joglund
Registered Broad

Post #21 by Honus Joglund » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Coyotes are probably moving to Houston to become the Aeros. This will probably be their logo:

WTF
Registered Broad

Post #22 by WTF » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Corporate sponsor?
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 81 times
Received rep: 286 times

Post #23 by Thomas Malthus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Wow we look like absolute dog shit.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
paulster
Registered Broad

Post #24 by paulster » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Juggle those lines, please.
stoney
Registered Broad

Post #25 by stoney » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:36 pm

So much for "start on time"
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Post #26 by Thomas Malthus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Two missed calls against the Yotes for holding out sticks. Typical.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
Honus Joglund
Registered Broad

Post #27 by Honus Joglund » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Gardiner's intensity this year is like a 3/10. The fucking idiot is watching Phoenix change right in front of him and he still nonchalantly backs away with the puck while Nylander is waiting at the far blue line.
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad

Post #28 by Philthy Thrillz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Great play by Mitch.
Honus Joglund
Registered Broad

Post #29 by Honus Joglund » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Looked liked the PKers decided to play man and leave Andersen to cover Duclair in front.
paulster
Registered Broad

Post #30 by paulster » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Maybe they should bring back the “swarm.”
stoney
Registered Broad

Post #31 by stoney » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Another great lazy penalty.
Honus Joglund
Registered Broad

Post #32 by Honus Joglund » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Every Nylander rush this year:

-> skate down the wing -> don't dare drive to the net -> circle back -> wrister into a shinpad/failed cross-ice pass through six bodies

How is Marner getting worked over and traded by the media all the time when he has more points from the third/fourth line than Nylander does playing with Matthews?
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad

Post #33 by LeafOfBread » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Honus Joglund wrote:Every Nylander rush this year:

-> skate down the wing -> don't dare drive to the net -> circle back -> wrister into a shinpad/failed cross-ice pass through six bodies

How is Marner getting worked over and traded by the media all the time when he has more points from the third/fourth line than Nylander does playing with Matthews?

Did you miss the 'trade Nylander for OEL' TSN piece today?
WTF
Registered Broad

Post #34 by WTF » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:05 pm

The Bozak line is a consistent fucking tire fire in our own zone.
stoney
Registered Broad

Post #35 by stoney » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 pm

Not sure how we have allowed Matthews to get hit a few times and not thrown Martin on his line once just to set a tone
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Post #36 by Thomas Malthus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Zero energy tonight. This game is a fucking joke.
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad

Post #37 by AGENT ZERO » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:24 pm

This may be Matthews worst game as a Leaf, certainly his worst game this season. The rest of the team doesn't look much better.
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad

Post #38 by LeafOfBread » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:25 pm

WTF wrote:The Bozak line is a consistent fucking tire fire in our own zone.

Blowzak is terrible this year. Guy cannot win a single fucking puck battle. He was always the weak link on the line but at least last year he was still a decent complimentary player. He's brought absolutely nothing this season and has less even strength points than Matt fucking Martin.
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad

Post #39 by AGENT ZERO » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 pm

AGENT ZERO wrote:This may be Matthews worst game as a Leaf, certainly his worst game this season. The rest of the team doesn't look much better.

Nice observation stupid.
WTF
Registered Broad

Post #40 by WTF » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:29 pm

AGENT ZERO wrote:
AGENT ZERO wrote:This may be Matthews worst game as a Leaf, certainly his worst game this season. The rest of the team doesn't look much better.

Good observation stupid.

:colbertsmile:

In Auston We Trust.
stoney
Registered Broad

Post #41 by stoney » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Hyman also gets pushed there Millen.

Fucking zebras
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad

Post #42 by AGENT ZERO » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Hyman is a retard
cawbber
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 130 times
Received rep: 81 times

Post #43 by cawbber » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 pm

such horseshit

how much time does Raanta need???
WTF
Registered Broad

Post #44 by WTF » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 pm

FUCK YOU, ZEBRAS
Honus Joglund
Registered Broad

Post #45 by Honus Joglund » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Raanta had time to go post to post and then push out to attempt the save. How the fuck is that goaltender interference?
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Post #46 by Thomas Malthus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 pm

That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen.
WTF
Registered Broad

Post #47 by WTF » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:34 pm

Does Raanta need enough time to stop for a beer at the concessions stand in order for it to count?
cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #48 by cawbber » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:35 pm

jesus christ...
cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #49 by cawbber » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:36 pm

they're not handling the puck cleanly tonight
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad

Post #50 by LeafOfBread » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Of course max domi gets the final goal. Fuck off

Return to “The Auston Matthews show”