Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

User avatar
paulster
Registered Broad
Posts: 1918
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am
Has given rep: 701 times
Received rep: 290 times

Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #1 by paulster » Fri May 11, 2018 9:08 am

Never saw this one coming!

AZ just creamed his pants.
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 11404
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 261 times
Received rep: 449 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #2 by WTF » Fri May 11, 2018 9:09 am

I posted it in the ongoing season thread but just in case:

Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 26871
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 362 times
Received rep: 398 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #3 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri May 11, 2018 9:10 am

FUUUUUUCK
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 26871
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 362 times
Received rep: 398 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #4 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri May 11, 2018 9:12 am

Just kidding. Good for him.
User avatar
paulster
Registered Broad
Posts: 1918
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am
Has given rep: 701 times
Received rep: 290 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #5 by paulster » Fri May 11, 2018 9:15 am

paulster wrote:
LeafOfBread wrote:
Zardoz wrote:He's basically a shoe in here once Lou inevitably ceases to exist.

From an outside perspective, Toronto seems like a perfect place for a young, innovative guys to manage from the sidelines. Having Lou make the trade calls is automatic respect from other gms. He's insulated here, but any major success will likely be credited to him in the long run. Plus success here is tangible, the core is built. Leave now and you miss out on some good years on the horizon.

Yeah, and I would be weary of going to Colorado. I mean first off, what Colorado will pay him to be GM probably isn't much more than what the Leafs pay him to be AGM, and the Leafs could easily match whatever money gets thrown at him.

Then there's just the fact that the organization itself is a joke. Lots of internal controversies going on there, and Sakic has been awful as the guy in charge.

I guess if Dubas really wants to be like Billy Beane he can go to Colorado, but his resources there would be far more limited than the Leafs. And here, he continues to learn from the best, and be the eventual GM of his childhood team.


Dubas was one of the sharpest guys I've ever heard speak. He'd better stay.


Damn we are all so smart here.
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8232
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 210 times
Received rep: 264 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #6 by AGENT ZERO » Fri May 11, 2018 9:16 am

This is a good day gents.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7614
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 491 times
Received rep: 502 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #7 by LeafOfBread » Fri May 11, 2018 9:35 am

Good stuff. I think he'll do well, I see a lot of skepticism though which I don't really see a basis for besides age, and perhaps to an extent track record though many guys come in these days with the same level of experience.
User avatar
paulster
Registered Broad
Posts: 1918
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am
Has given rep: 701 times
Received rep: 290 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #8 by paulster » Fri May 11, 2018 9:37 am

LeafOfBread wrote:Good stuff. I think he'll do well, I see a lot of skepticism though which I don't really see a basis for besides age, and perhaps to an extent track record though many guys come in these days with the same level of experience.


Shanahan seems to know what he’s doing so far.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7614
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 491 times
Received rep: 502 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #9 by LeafOfBread » Fri May 11, 2018 9:40 am

paulster wrote:
LeafOfBread wrote:Good stuff. I think he'll do well, I see a lot of skepticism though which I don't really see a basis for besides age, and perhaps to an extent track record though many guys come in these days with the same level of experience.


Shanahan seems to know what he’s doing so far.

Yeah, this is ultimately what I revert back to. The fact that they didn't even really waste time or go out and interview a bunch of candidates, and gave him the job almost immediately speaks volumes. As well as when you consider that a year ago there was media reports of 'a rift' and the whole 'Colorado is going to poach Dubas' stuff that was happening, yet Shanahan made sure to keep Kyle around. They obviously believe in him a lot.
User avatar
Cunning Stunt II
Registered Broad
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:54 pm
Has given rep: 1097 times
Received rep: 77 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #10 by Cunning Stunt II » Fri May 11, 2018 9:46 am

BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE YEAR

:nice:
Make Toronto Great Again
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4336
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 147 times
Received rep: 428 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #11 by Thomas Malthus » Fri May 11, 2018 9:56 am

So probably Shanahan just waited because he didn’t want to overshadow the end of the second round?

I’m happy with this move. Has the potential to be exciting times (I think the time for bold moves is here regardless of who was GM). I’m hoping for a return to the draft strategy employed before Lou arrived.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8232
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 210 times
Received rep: 264 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #12 by AGENT ZERO » Fri May 11, 2018 9:59 am

LeafOfBread wrote:Good stuff. I think he'll do well, I see a lot of skepticism though which I don't really see a basis for besides age, and perhaps to an extent track record though many guys come in these days with the same level of experience.


The lack of experience is once of his most attractive attributes IMO. This sport is where baseball and basketball were a decade ago, the fresher the approach the better.
User avatar
Cunning Stunt II
Registered Broad
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:54 pm
Has given rep: 1097 times
Received rep: 77 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #13 by Cunning Stunt II » Fri May 11, 2018 10:00 am

You want to have a laugh go over to Boreds, kiddie land at its best fuelled by Mess.
Make Toronto Great Again
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4848
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 516 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #14 by Curry Rage » Fri May 11, 2018 10:12 am

Thomas Malthus wrote:So probably Shanahan just waited because he didn’t want to overshadow the end of the second round?

I’m happy with this move. Has the potential to be exciting times (I think the time for bold moves is here regardless of who was GM). I’m hoping for a return to the draft strategy employed before Lou arrived.


I don't get the sense that Hunter wasn't ever calling most of those shots with input from all the guys, including Dubas. The year of the over-agers was a perfect example of a numbers-driven approach trying to exploit an undervalued set of players, for instance. BTW, no one has mentioned Korshkov in a long while. I wonder what's up with him. I read he was having a pretty good year but I seem to remember an injury or something.

Anyway, I wonder if, despite the talk, if this doesn't suit Hunter just fine. He gets to focus on finding talent and building a roster. I guess we'll soon see.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4848
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 516 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #15 by Curry Rage » Fri May 11, 2018 10:19 am

Just had a look and Korshkov's contract with Lokamotiv is done. Perhaps we'll see him on the Marlies. He and Engvall bring a little injection of size to the wings that would be nice. I couldn't get over how small our team seems compared to, say, WPG and some of the other Western teams.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4336
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 147 times
Received rep: 428 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #16 by Thomas Malthus » Fri May 11, 2018 10:26 am

Curry Rage wrote:
Thomas Malthus wrote:So probably Shanahan just waited because he didn’t want to overshadow the end of the second round?

I’m happy with this move. Has the potential to be exciting times (I think the time for bold moves is here regardless of who was GM). I’m hoping for a return to the draft strategy employed before Lou arrived.


I don't get the sense that Hunter wasn't ever calling most of those shots with input from all the guys, including Dubas. The year of the over-agers was a perfect example of a numbers-driven approach trying to exploit an undervalued set of players, for instance. BTW, no one has mentioned Korshkov in a long while. I wonder what's up with him. I read he was having a pretty good year but I seem to remember an injury or something.

Anyway, I wonder if, despite the talk, if this doesn't suit Hunter just fine. He gets to focus on finding talent and building a roster. I guess we'll soon see.


Yeah, that’s the trouble with a committee approach when assigning credit or blame from the outside, it’s not clear who did what. I don’t necessarily have a problem with targeting overagers, there were some players with ridiculous production even when age adjusted, but it’s not clear that the defender side of things was numbers supported. That said defenders are typically pretty hard to evaluate with numbers, so who knows. My comment was more about trading down where it looks like there are quite large gains to be made, especially if we’re going to continue to trade a pick away at the deadline.

It’ll be interesting to see what Hunter does, it’s never been clear that he wasn’t okay with just hand,img the scouting. The up or out narrative was entirely media driven speculation.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8232
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 210 times
Received rep: 264 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #17 by AGENT ZERO » Fri May 11, 2018 10:37 am

Curry Rage wrote:Just had a look and Korshkov's contract with Lokamotiv is done. Perhaps we'll see him on the Marlies. He and Engvall bring a little injection of size to the wings that would be nice. I couldn't get over how small our team seems compared to, say, WPG and some of the other Western teams.


He signed one more year in the KHL.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4848
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 516 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #18 by Curry Rage » Fri May 11, 2018 10:43 am

Thomas Malthus wrote:Yeah, that’s the trouble with a committee approach when assigning credit or blame from the outside, it’s not clear who did what. I don’t necessarily have a problem with targeting overagers, there were some players with ridiculous production even when age adjusted, but it’s not clear that the defender side of things was numbers supported. That said defenders are typically pretty hard to evaluate with numbers, so who knows. My comment was more about trading down where it looks like there are quite large gains to be made, especially if we’re going to continue to trade a pick away at the deadline.


Yeah, but that's always going to depend on how the scouts value the players available. As for those defenders, I think it's really hard to gauge D-men whose first priority isn't offense in junior. Especially with the real disparity in talent from team to team. Some of the guys they picked - that raised the most questions - may need time to figure out how to play given their size, like Rasanen and Gordeev. Some of the reports I've read about Middleton paint him as a far more heady and interesting prospect than a lot of the "LOLBIG!" reactions when he was drafted. In the case of a guy like Greenway, I'm not convinced that most of the interwebz scouts railing on the pick have had enough of a look at him to say anything reasonable. It's always like that with US College guys.

Of course, in 2015, Hunter did trade down and take skilled D in Dermott, Lindgren and Nielsen. They also took Deroschers who has been let loose. He's - at minimum - 1 for 4 with that group. Oh, and they added Liljegren to that pile last year.

I'm not a big prospects guy, but having watched some Rasanen highlights, I definitely see what they liked there. He's a fucking tree that can skate and handle the puck and makes good passes. I have a feeling he'll pan out into something useful.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
AGENT ZERO
Registered Broad
Posts: 8232
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm
Has given rep: 210 times
Received rep: 264 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #19 by AGENT ZERO » Fri May 11, 2018 10:56 am

Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4848
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 516 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #20 by Curry Rage » Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 am

AGENT ZERO wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:Just had a look and Korshkov's contract with Lokamotiv is done. Perhaps we'll see him on the Marlies. He and Engvall bring a little injection of size to the wings that would be nice. I couldn't get over how small our team seems compared to, say, WPG and some of the other Western teams.


He signed one more year in the KHL.


Ah. Didn't see that. So hard to get a bead on guys in that league. Coaches really seem to lean on vets, kind of like they do in US College leagues.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4336
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 147 times
Received rep: 428 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #21 by Thomas Malthus » Fri May 11, 2018 10:59 am

Nevermind. Jets won Game 7 last night ans now all anyone can talk about it the Leafs. Shanny is fucking master troll.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4848
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 516 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #22 by Curry Rage » Fri May 11, 2018 11:03 am

So, who takes over managing the Marlies now?
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
cawbber
Registered Broad
Posts: 14911
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm
Has given rep: 216 times
Received rep: 155 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #23 by cawbber » Fri May 11, 2018 11:17 am

paulster wrote:Never saw this one coming!

AZ just creamed his pants.

I can barely keep my corsi in my pants :wink:
User avatar
cawbber
Registered Broad
Posts: 14911
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:58 pm
Has given rep: 216 times
Received rep: 155 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #24 by cawbber » Fri May 11, 2018 11:17 am

Curry Rage wrote:So, who takes over managing the Marlies now?

I'm available. Just sayin', Kyle!
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4848
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 516 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #25 by Curry Rage » Fri May 11, 2018 11:24 am

cawbber wrote:
paulster wrote:Never saw this one coming!

AZ just creamed his pants.

I can barely keep my corsi in my pants :wink:


...and it's expecting goals.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 3199
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 44 times
Received rep: 146 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #26 by Whit Dickman » Fri May 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Not worries about Dubas' age since he'll have the most well-staffed front office of any GM in the league. If he wants some sage old-man advice, he can call on Cliff Fletcher any day of the week, provided it's before 7 pm.
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16695
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 429 times
Received rep: 243 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #27 by vf » Fri May 11, 2018 12:45 pm

He still has Lou floating around. Not sure he ever sleeps.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4848
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 516 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #28 by Curry Rage » Fri May 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Whatever happened to Lemaire?
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 11404
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 261 times
Received rep: 449 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #29 by WTF » Fri May 11, 2018 1:04 pm

Curry Rage wrote:Whatever happened to Lemaire?


Devised a trap so devious and suffocating that even he can't escape it?
User avatar
MonkeyWrench
Registered Broad
Posts: 8397
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 pm
Has given rep: 206 times
Received rep: 233 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #30 by MonkeyWrench » Fri May 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Cunning Stunt II wrote:You want to have a laugh go over to Boreds, kiddie land at its best fuelled by Mess.


Hey now, theyre very advanced.
Solid ER/60. (Eye roll)

Nice move for the franchise. I thought shanny would wait until the end of the marlies playoff run to announce.
User avatar
LeafOfBread
Registered Broad
Posts: 7614
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am
Has given rep: 491 times
Received rep: 502 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #31 by LeafOfBread » Fri May 11, 2018 1:32 pm

User avatar
MonkeyWrench
Registered Broad
Posts: 8397
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 pm
Has given rep: 206 times
Received rep: 233 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #32 by MonkeyWrench » Fri May 11, 2018 2:40 pm

User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4336
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 147 times
Received rep: 428 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #33 by Thomas Malthus » Fri May 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Curry Rage wrote:So, who takes over managing the Marlies now?


Usually it’s an AGM but we only have Hunter in that role (for now). If he stays I doubt he wants to manage the Marlies since it likely takes his attention away from the draft and amateur scouting.

Pridham might get promoted to AGM but I’m not sure you want to pull him away from contracts. He was also involved with central scouting while with the league so he wouldn’t be unfamiliar with player evaluation and managing the Marlies would give him a taste of managing a team, which would be important if he wants to be a GM eventually.

Another option could be a promotion for Pellerin. Everyone in the organization has a ton of respect for Pellerin and the development focus and programming he has brought and deployed with the team’s prospects. When it comes to player development in the organization below the NHL level, it’s Pellerin’s show.

Of course there’s external candidates so we could look to feeder leagues at GMs or even execs from other teams that aren’t AGMs. Maybe they look for someone from Europe. I don’t really know who would be interesting candidates from elsewhere.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
Philthy Thrillz
Registered Broad
Posts: 26871
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: KingsTown
Has given rep: 362 times
Received rep: 398 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #34 by Philthy Thrillz » Fri May 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Maybe a friend of Kyle. Anyone close to him that could land the job?
User avatar
Honus Joglund
Registered Broad
Posts: 18553
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Politzania
Received rep: 452 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #35 by Honus Joglund » Fri May 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Part of the agreement for Dubas taking over should be that he has to get new glasses. You can't be wearing those fucking things.
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 11404
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 261 times
Received rep: 449 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #36 by WTF » Fri May 11, 2018 6:16 pm

As a man who owns a similar-looking pair of glasses, I've gotta agree with Honus. Even I don't wear them all the time.

Try half-rims, Kyle.
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4336
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 147 times
Received rep: 428 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #37 by Thomas Malthus » Fri May 11, 2018 6:56 pm

I don't get it, what's wrong with the glasses?
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
User avatar
Whit Dickman
Registered Broad
Posts: 3199
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 pm
Has given rep: 44 times
Received rep: 146 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #38 by Whit Dickman » Fri May 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Thomas Malthus wrote:I don't get it, what's wrong with the glasses?


don't be a hipster cunt, ThoMalth
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4336
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 147 times
Received rep: 428 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #39 by Thomas Malthus » Fri May 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Whit Dickman wrote:
Thomas Malthus wrote:I don't get it, what's wrong with the glasses?


don't be a hipster cunt, ThoMalth


Come on EB, you already know that I am. :wink:
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4848
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 516 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #40 by Curry Rage » Sat May 12, 2018 4:40 am

WTF wrote:As a man who owns a similar-looking pair of glasses, I've gotta agree with Honus. Even I don't wear them all the time.

Try half-rims, Kyle.


Horn rims would arguably be more hip. I mean, I think he should do it but, I'm a flashcunt.

I don't mind the aesthetics of his current pair, I just don't like how they shadow and obscure his eyes on camera. I think that may affect the way people perceive him once he's doing all the talking for the team. Something with a bit more air in the design might make him seem a bit more accessible and easy to read.

Some rocking tortoise shell horn rims would be hawt.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4848
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 516 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #41 by Curry Rage » Sat May 12, 2018 4:59 am

The whole presser for those who haven't seen it. Gotta love the shit-stirrers continually going back to the Hunter angle hoping to get a little heat. Ugh.

*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
Zardoz
Registered Broad
Posts: 12463
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:48 pm
Location: Hamilton
Has given rep: 19 times
Received rep: 208 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #42 by Zardoz » Sat May 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Good stuff. I kinda hope his first UFA signing is Big Ryan Reaves.


Actually looking through UFA lists and there's some decent depth options out there. Lots of "work hard" types that Babs would loooove. Like Jay Beagle types.
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4336
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 147 times
Received rep: 428 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #43 by Thomas Malthus » Sat May 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Curry Rage wrote:
WTF wrote:As a man who owns a similar-looking pair of glasses, I've gotta agree with Honus. Even I don't wear them all the time.

Try half-rims, Kyle.


Horn rims would arguably be more hip. I mean, I think he should do it but, I'm a flashcunt.

I don't mind the aesthetics of his current pair, I just don't like how they shadow and obscure his eyes on camera. I think that may affect the way people perceive him once he's doing all the talking for the team. Something with a bit more air in the design might make him seem a bit more accessible and easy to read.

Some rocking tortoise shell horn rims would be hawt.


I hadn't really thought about the shadow and how they impacted his eyes for the camera. Interesting insight. As for the horn rims and tortoise shell...I am entirely on board, Rage.

For point of reference, these are my glasses: https://ca.warbyparker.com/eyeglasses/m ... y-tortoise
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
User avatar
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Posts: 37717
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 514 times
Received rep: 681 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #44 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Sat May 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Thomas Malthus wrote:I hadn't really thought about the shadow and how they impacted his eyes for the camera. Interesting insight. As for the horn rims and tortoise shell...I am entirely on board, Rage.

For point of reference, these are my glasses: https://ca.warbyparker.com/eyeglasses/m ... y-tortoise


It appears that you need new ones.Image
Also, let's keep this thread about Galchenyuk's on-ice performance, development and value and NOT bring in his personal life or race.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4848
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 516 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #45 by Curry Rage » Sun May 13, 2018 5:34 am

Zardoz wrote:Good stuff. I kinda hope his first UFA signing is Big Ryan Reaves.


Actually looking through UFA lists and there's some decent depth options out there. Lots of "work hard" types that Babs would loooove. Like Jay Beagle types.


I mentioned Beagle before as a 4C and PK option.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17808
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 682 times
Received rep: 356 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #46 by chicpea » Sun May 13, 2018 6:05 am

He seems kind of young. Is this part of some genetic experiment to keep Lou alive until 2138?
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17808
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 682 times
Received rep: 356 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #47 by chicpea » Sun May 13, 2018 7:15 am

Do you guys think he’s gay?
User avatar
paulster
Registered Broad
Posts: 1918
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am
Has given rep: 701 times
Received rep: 290 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #48 by paulster » Sun May 13, 2018 7:59 am

chicpea wrote:Do you guys think he’s gay?


Thought you clowns only cared if a GM can speak French.
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16695
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 429 times
Received rep: 243 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #49 by vf » Sun May 13, 2018 11:31 am

Thomas Malthus wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:
WTF wrote:As a man who owns a similar-looking pair of glasses, I've gotta agree with Honus. Even I don't wear them all the time.

Try half-rims, Kyle.


Horn rims would arguably be more hip. I mean, I think he should do it but, I'm a flashcunt.

I don't mind the aesthetics of his current pair, I just don't like how they shadow and obscure his eyes on camera. I think that may affect the way people perceive him once he's doing all the talking for the team. Something with a bit more air in the design might make him seem a bit more accessible and easy to read.

Some rocking tortoise shell horn rims would be hawt.


I hadn't really thought about the shadow and how they impacted his eyes for the camera. Interesting insight. As for the horn rims and tortoise shell...I am entirely on board, Rage.

For point of reference, these are my glasses: https://ca.warbyparker.com/eyeglasses/m ... y-tortoise



$150 for glasses! susf
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4336
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 147 times
Received rep: 428 times

Re: Kyle Dubas GM - the hero we deserve

Post #50 by Thomas Malthus » Wed May 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Pridham with the expected promotion to AGM.
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box

Return to “The Auston Matthews show”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: WTF and 2 guests