2013: Rest of the League

Roger Sterling
Registered Broad
Received rep: 1 time

2013: Rest of the League

Post #1 by Roger Sterling » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Man it seems like the Bolts have guys that can contribute right away when they make it to their team - Palat, Panik, Conacher, Killorn...

I wouldn't be surprised if Brett Connolly is called up and he starts doing well too.
[CENTER][font="Georgia"]“When God closes a door, he opens a dress.”[/font]
ImageImage
[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #2 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:25 am

Remember that one rookie tourney when the Pens played the Senators and Alex Grant got hit from behind and he was out for a long ass time? Remember the douche that did it?

Dziurzynski

This is him after the Leafs game.

[YOUTUBE]QmYrEhHdPSc[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you Toronto Maple Leafs, Karma doesn't always come back around to those that deserve it right away, but it does get around to you. Yes, even Cooke got his when EK KO'd his ass.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #3 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:27 am

Grant and him also had a pretty decent fight in December.

[YOUTUBE]CxtbXPXY5VA[/YOUTUBE]

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
RebeccaJ
Registered Broad

Post #4 by RebeccaJ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:06 pm

That is Grant's best, he is a decent fighter. He should never start shit. Samuelsson is about his size but way more scrappy.
RebeccaJ
Registered Broad

Post #5 by RebeccaJ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Thiessen winning more however Zatkoff has been a consistent beast all year stopped 26 of 27 last game.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #6 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Zatkoff is a top 3 netminder in the AHL. Thiessen was good but the past year and a half he's been so up and down. I think JZ has replaced him on the depth chart. I mean, Thiessen had a good shot at being the back-up some day but he played so poorly for some stretches that they had to bring Jeff in. When the Baby Pens are one of the best defensive teams in the league and you still can't win behind that, you've got problems, you know?

I still hope Hanowski & D'Agostino join the Baby Pens when their College seasons are done. I would love to see them add some offense into the line-up and get a better look at them at the pro level. It's too bad Agostino isn't done early, I thought he was finishing early but I think he might end up staying another year, his full 4 years and he wanted to take advantage of his scholarship (he's a damn smart kid too).

It wouldn't hurt for Ray to go after some College UFA's though, Laganiere had a camp with the Pens (nucks too and some other team), kid is huge and plays with Agostino and of course, if Parker Milner leaves early, I really hope Shero goes after him. I don't think Killeen is going to amount to much and Thiessen is likely gone after this season, so adding him would be awesome, a local kid and a guy that might be ready sooner. I like MAF but at some point he's going to get out played by someone from our system that should be a #1. Murray & Maguire aren't half bad either.

Laganiere is a C, we DESPERATELY need a skilled center in the system, there really isn't one outside of Blueger and Sundqvist.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #7 by Roger Sterling » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:44 pm

I don't know why, but I am always all for obscure markets making shit work...so let's talk Preds.

Could you imagine having Mike Fisher as your #1 center? Craig Smith is damn good sure, but they need to make him their #2 center, I think Ribeiro would look great there. A center depth of Ribeiro-Smith-Fisher would be the kind of depth that the Preds need to make it deeper into the playoffs, Legwand is good but his speed would be better used on the wing. Not sure what the Preds would need to give up to get Ribeiro but they have the defense depth to get it done, no doubt.

If I was Poile, I would move Blum + a 2nd (2014, their 2nd this year is gone for Andrei Kos-tits) for Ribeiro.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #8 by Roger Sterling » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:48 pm

I completely forgot about Brandon Saad, he now has 22pts, maybe a Pittsburgh boy can win the Calder. The Hawks are shit kicking the Wings 7-1. I don't remember the Wings allowing 7 goals like that in a long time.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #9 by Roger Sterling » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:11 pm

Roughneck wrote:Whatever you say.

I guess if you think that Iginla isn't uncomfortable on the left side you would also think that by taking faceoffs on the right side of the ice he was ever played at centre.

Oh you mean "Whatever Jarome Iginla says" because according to him, he's ok with it and has played LW during the years he was on that side to accommodate Fleury. I guess if he's fine with it, we'll be ok as fans.

And again, like I said, Iginla and Neal kept switching wings each shift, Iggy would start on the Left side, float to the right side and Neal would be doing the same. Doesn't matter anyways.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #10 by thejew09 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 pm

Roger Sterling wrote:I completely forgot about Brandon Saad, he now has 22pts, maybe a Pittsburgh boy can win the Calder. The Hawks are shit kicking the Wings 7-1. I don't remember the Wings allowing 7 goals like that in a long time.

He has 19 points actually... 22 seemed a little too high so I checked to make sure.
"Fuckin Right!" - Mark Recchi
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #11 by Roger Sterling » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:54 pm

thejew09 wrote:He has 19 points actually... 22 seemed a little too high so I checked to make sure.

He had a 3pt night last night and I thought TSN was slow to add his points in, oops.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #12 by thejew09 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:57 pm

Calder should go to either Tarasenko or Huberdeau in my opinion. Huberdeau leads rookies in points, but Tarasenko has been dominant (When healthy) this season. Had he not gotten injured he'd likely be the rookie points leader.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #13 by Roger Sterling » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:23 pm

I would say Huberdeau, with the little support he gets, he is easily the more impressive rookie. Guys like Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Tarasenko all have a better team in front of them and they haven't been thrown to the wolves like Hubie has.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #14 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Roger Sterling wrote:I would say Huberdeau, with the little support he gets, he is easily the more impressive rookie. Guys like Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Tarasenko all have a better team in front of them and they haven't been thrown to the wolves like Hubie has.

Agreed Huberdeau is flat out boss he's scary good, kid is gonna be a great player in about 2-3 years.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #15 by Roger Sterling » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Gordon Shumway wrote:Agreed Huberdeau is flat out boss he's scary good, kid is gonna be a great player in about 2-3 years.

I think as soon as next year, he'll be a 60+pt player, this season he's on pace for 55+ already. Because of a shortened season and the fact that his team won't make the playoffs, Jonathan has a good amount of time off to play in any tournaments over seas or go train with Roberts and get stronger. With so many injuries to the Panthers, the team has struggled and he's stepped up his game during that struggle. If they go out and sign some help on defense and guys like Versteeg, Weiss, and Upshall can be healthy from the start, they could be a playoff team. Not a fan of the Panthers, but Tallon has done a good job with hoarding prospects for that team.

That and I liked Huberdeau before he was drafted by them, kid is a stud of a player. I was so impressed by him in the Mem cup when I was watching Despres mostly.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #16 by Roger Sterling » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Wow so the Blues are going all out to get some lefty defensemen to try with Pietrangelo and Shittsandsquirts.

Jay-Bo for Cundari, 1st, and Barra
Leopold for 2nd and a conditional 5th.

That Blues defense looks scary now.

Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo
Leopold, Shattenkirk
Jackman, Polak

Damn. Too bad Elliott and Halak blow balls and have been out played by Jake Allen.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #17 by Roger Sterling » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:17 pm

I just realized that Eric Tangradi is team mates with his future self, Chris Thorburn.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #18 by thejew09 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:22 am

Roger Sterling wrote:Wow so the Blues are going all out to get some lefty defensemen to try with Pietrangelo and Shittsandsquirts.

Jay-Bo for Cundari, 1st, and Barra
Leopold for 2nd and a conditional 5th.

That Blues defense looks scary now.

Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo
Leopold, Shattenkirk
Jackman, Polak

Damn. Too bad Elliott and Halak blow balls and have been out played by Jake Allen.

Don't forget they also have Kris Russell, Ian Cole and Wade Redden (lol) on defense. Arguably the most stacked defensive core (corps?) in the league.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #19 by Roger Sterling » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:41 pm

thejew09 wrote:Don't forget they also have Kris Russell, Ian Cole and Wade Redden (lol) on defense. Arguably the most stacked defensive core (corps?) in the league.

It depends, do you think Ian Cole is better than Simon Despres and if Kris Russell is better than Matt Niskanen?

Because outside of that, I think we go toe to toe with the Blues for best defense. When healthy we boast - Martin, Letang, Niskanen, Orpik, Murray, Engelland, Despres, Eaton, and Bortuzzo.

Polak and Jackman aren't the guys they used to be and Leopold is like a piss poor version of Paul Martin. Their best three are Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk and Bouwmeester and Jay-Bo has been the most overrated defenseman and over paid defensemen for a while.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #20 by Gordon Shumway » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Zero goals Ryan Clown to New York Jagoff Boston look at all the fucks I'm not giving.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #21 by Roger Sterling » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Jagr was the Bruins answer for not getting Iginla.

Epic fail.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #22 by thejew09 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Roger Sterling wrote:It depends, do you think Ian Cole is better than Simon Despres and if Kris Russell is better than Matt Niskanen?

Because outside of that, I think we go toe to toe with the Blues for best defense. When healthy we boast - Martin, Letang, Niskanen, Orpik, Murray, Engelland, Despres, Eaton, and Bortuzzo.

Polak and Jackman aren't the guys they used to be and Leopold is like a piss poor version of Paul Martin. Their best three are Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk and Bouwmeester and Jay-Bo has been the most overrated defenseman and over paid defensemen for a while.

I'll compare similar players on each squad.

Letang > Pietrangelo (marginally. They're basically tied)
Shattenkirk > Niskanen (by a mile)
Orpik > Jackman (both have declined, but I'd still take Orpik)
Martin > Bouwmeester (these two aren't that similar in style but whatever)

So our strengths are greater marginally in our top 4, but our weakness (Niskanen) is much weaker than theirs I'd say.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #23 by Roger Sterling » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Shattenkirk is the far superior offensive player to Niskanen, but defensively Matt has him beat without a doubt.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #24 by Roger Sterling » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:39 pm

So how many teams traded their Captains?

Dallas - Morrow
Buffalo - Pominville
Calgary - Iginla

And with today's game, Clowe's all time numbers against the Pens is 6pts in 7gms. That's going to make that rivalry suck.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #25 by thejew09 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 pm

I take it back. Jackman is better than Orpik, and I'd take the Blues defense over ours no brainer.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #26 by Roger Sterling » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:02 pm

thejew09 wrote:I take it back. Jackman is better than Orpik, and I'd take the Blues defense over ours no brainer.

Knee jerk reaction, Jackman is ok, not that good I have seen him more than my fair share here in the West (I used to watch Blues games because they were fun to watch). Us losing Martin and Letang is like the Blues losing Polak, Pietro, and Shattenkirk. That's the impact of those 2 that we lost. I'd say right now Jackman=Orpik. I wouldn't want either player on the Pens and I am really starting to wonder if Shero would keep him around because he's a long tenured defenseman on this team, longest serving Penguin, etc etc.

No clue when Letang is back, but that defense has zero transition skill, Despres is trying though, kudos to that kid.

I would rather see them move him in the off season if they could. Maybe Orpik can rebound but the last year and a half has shown regression in his game. A lot of it. I'd rather keep Murray over him for 1 more year.

Despres, Letang
Niskanen, Martin
Murray, Bortuzzo/Engelland/Eaton

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #27 by thejew09 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Yeah Orpik needs to be moved. Most shutdown defenders regress heavily when they hit the golden age of 32 (give or take a couple of years, as it varies on occasion). Orpik, Rivet, Murray, McKee, Volchenkov, Hannan, Sarich. Just a few of the many examples. In hindsight I'd rather we kept Michalek and parted with Orpik, as Zbynek was the younger of the two and could have given us some more good years.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #28 by Roger Sterling » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Michalek didn't fit in Bylsma's system and asked to be traded and Shero obliged, it was a mutual thing from what I remember. I liked the idea of Z, but he just didn't fit.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #29 by Roger Sterling » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:30 pm

FFS Toronto, could you not fucking screw this up against the Flyers? Seriously.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #30 by Roger Sterling » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:25 pm

Fucking Leafs, how do you shit the bed against the Flyers?

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #31 by Roger Sterling » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Other teams are boring.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #32 by Roger Sterling » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:35 pm

If the season ended today..the match-ups would be..

Pens vs Rangers
Habs vs Islanders
Caps vs Sens
Bruins vs Leafs

Out of those teams, I would see the Pens, Habs, Caps and Bruins moving on.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 131 times
Received rep: 243 times

Post #33 by clawfirst » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:54 pm

BUT THE SEASON DIDN"T END TODAY AND WE WILL PLAY THE HABS!
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #34 by Roger Sterling » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:12 am

clawfirst wrote:BUT THE SEASON DIDN"T END TODAY AND WE WILL PLAY THE HABS!

ENJOY GOLFING EARLY, I WOULD WANT THE LEAFS TO WIN, BUT REALITY LAND WOULD SAY THAT SHIT AIN'T HAPPENIN'

ALSO, FUCK FAT PHIL.

DON'T TELL HABS FANS I SAID THIS, I DON'T WANT THEM TO BE HAPPY I SAID THIS. KFC SUBBAN CAN GO EAT A DICK.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #35 by clawfirst » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:13 am

YOU'RE DEAD TO ME.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #36 by Roger Sterling » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:21 am

clawfirst wrote:YOU'RE DEAD TO ME.

I'm just kidding, Philthy Thrillz is a cunt, but I still heart you guys. I would love to see the Leafs vs the Habs and have Reimer outshine Price and have the collective frog fan base lose their shit and torch their city like it's the summer of 2011 Vancouver.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #37 by clawfirst » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:28 am

Well that part won't happen but we can beat them. Price is actually good.
We match up against you guys pretty good too.

DO NOT WANT BOSTON, it's like a psychological road block.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #38 by Roger Sterling » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:44 am

clawfirst wrote:Well that part won't happen but we can beat them. Price is actually good.
We match up against you guys pretty good too.

DO NOT WANT BOSTON, it's like a psychological road block.

You match up against the Pens pre Iginla, Morrow, Murray and Jokinen. A healthy Pens squad, no one matches up against.

Wouldn't facing Boston be the ultimate thing though? A big fuck you to the team that got a lot of very good pieces from Toronto.

For me, I'd love to face the Islanders (93) and Habs (2010).

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
RebeccaJ
Registered Broad

Post #39 by RebeccaJ » Sun May 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Hahahahaha Torts a walk off for interview. No one cares what he says anyway.

"I don't have to evaluate goal tending. We all know what Lundqvist is."
Um yeah, a loser x3 like You and your wasted pick Richards.
Good thing they won the Nash lottery.

Glad the Sharks won too.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #40 by Roger Sterling » Mon May 20, 2013 1:00 am

I like watching the Rags lose, mostly because Torts is just bat shit crazy.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #41 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:15 pm

http://www.shermanreport.com/will-eddie-olczyk-leave-booth-to-return-to-run-a-team-says-he-has-unfinished-business/

[video=youtube;FopyRHHlt3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M[/video]
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #42 by Gordon Shumway » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:55 pm

LOLFLYERS bought out BryzLOLov today.
VLoo
Has given rep: 49 times
Received rep: 71 times

Post #43 by VLoo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:39 am

Mr. Shumway, are you lonely or are you blissful now that VCX has left you indefinitely?
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #44 by Gordon Shumway » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:55 pm

VLoo wrote:Mr. Shumway, are you lonely or are you blissful now that VCX has left you indefinitely?

Whatever happened to that fucking clown shoe?
RebeccaJ
Registered Broad

Post #45 by RebeccaJ » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:34 am

Gordon Shumway wrote:LOLFLYERS bought out BryzLOLov today.

He and T Bone Slim will be drinking Old Grand Dad in paper sacks and exchanging stories of better days.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #46 by Gordon Shumway » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:57 pm

LOL Kovalchuk retires. :trololo: :trololo: :trololo: :trololo: :trololo:
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #47 by Gordon Shumway » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Everyone else--->Image<---All 5 Devils fans.

Return to “Pittsburgh e-Penis Forum”