Jarome Iginla To Pittsburgh!!!! [PIT: Jarome Iginla To CAL: Agostino, Hanowski, 1st in 2013]

Roger Sterling
Registered Broad
Received rep: 1 time

Jarome Iginla To Pittsburgh!!!! [PIT: Jarome Iginla To CAL: Agostino, Hanowski, 1st in 2013]

Post #1 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 am

For Kenny Agostino, Hanowski and the 1st in 2013.

So, I wonder what kind of ring Mario is going to get the guys this year, I am thinking big, lots of bling.

Ray Shero just trolled the fuck out of Chiarelli, twice. First the Bruins want Morrow but Ray says wait a second son, then he wants Iginla and Ray comes in the last second and says not so fast, fat boy.

So far here's what Ray has done for our "early deadline deals."

• To Dallas - Joe Morrow + 5th in 2013//To PGH: Brenden Morrow + 3rd (wild) in 2013
  • To SJS: 2nd in 2013, Conditional 2nd in 2014//To PGH: Douglas Murray
  • To CGY: Agostino, Hanowski, 1st in 2013//To PGH: Jarome Iginla

Ray Shero, still the CEO of getting shit done.

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired forward Jarome Iginla from the Calgary Flames in exchange for Ben Hanowski, Kenny Agostino and a 2013 first-round draft pick, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

Iginla, 35, joins the Penguins after spending his entire 16-year career with the Flames. The long-time Calgary captain has appeared in 31 games this season, tallying nine goals, 13 assists and 22 points.

Jarome Iginla
The 6-foot-1, 210-pound Iginla is the fifth-leading scorer among all active NHL players with 1,095 points (525G-570A) in 1,219 career NHL games. Iginla’s 525 career goals place third among active players behind only Jaromir Jagr (679) and Teemu Selanne (671).

Iginla, who is a native of Edmonton, Alberta, has an impressive collective of NHL awards including: one Art Ross Trophy (2001-02); one Lester B. Pearson Award (now Ted Lindsay Award – 2001-02); two ‘Rocket’ Richard Trophies (2003-04; 2001-02); one King Clancy Memorial Trophy (2003-04); and the Mark Messier Leader of the Year Award (2008-09).

A seven-time NHL All-Star – including most recently last season when he led the Flames in goals (32) and points (67) – Iginla has been named a NHL First-Team All-Star three times (2008-09; 2007-08; 2001-02) and a Second-Team All-Star once (2003-04). He was named to the NHL All-Rookie Team in 1996-97.

Iginla, a two-time 50-goal scorer (2007-08; 2001-02), entered this season having reached the 30-goal mark in 11 straight seasons dating back to 2000-01. His best season came in 2007-08 when he recorded a career-best 98 points (50G-48A) in 82 games with Calgary.

During the 2003-04 season, Iginla led the Flames to the Stanley Cup Final, where they fell in a seven-game series to the Tampa Bay Lightning. That spring, Iginla led all postseason scorers with 13 goals, while ranking third with 22 total points, in 26 games.

Iginla, who was acquired by the Flames from the Dallas Stars on Dec. 19, 1995 in exchange for Joe Nieuwendyk, has played in 54 career NHL playoff games, tallying 28 goals, 21 assists, 49 points and a plus-11 rating.

Iginla, who was originally drafted by Dallas in the first round (11th overall) of the 1995 NHL Draft, has starred for Team Canada on the international level several times – most recently at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver when he played on a line with Sidney Crosby. Iginla led the 2010 Olympics with five goals, and he notched the assist on Crosby’s overtime goal that sealed the gold medal against Team USA.

Iginla also won a gold medal with Team Canada at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, and he played in the 2006 Winter Olympics. During the 2004 World Cup of Hockey, Iginla served as an alternate captain for Canada’s gold-medal winning team, where he played on a line with current Penguins owner Mario Lemieux.
[CENTER][font="Georgia"]“When God closes a door, he opens a dress.”[/font]
ImageImage
[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #2 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:59 am

Holy fuck, so ok, what is our line-up like now?

Kunitz, Crosby, Iginla
Morrow, Malkin, Neal
Bennett, Sutter, Dupuis
Cooke, Vitale, Kennedy/Adams

Scratches: Jeffrey, Glass, one of Kennedy and Adams.

Orpik, Martin
Murray, Niskanen
Despres, Engelland/Eaton

Vokoun.

Scratches: Bortuzzo (Conditioning assignment to WBS)

Injured: Fleury and Letang.

I'm not saying we are the favourites now, but we have a good shot I think ;)

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #3 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 am

You gotta love that 1st line. Holy shit.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #4 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:18 am

dempsey_k wrote:I didn't even realize you guys had Murray or that Despres was already contributing. I don't really follow the east.

Jesus christ.

Pens have 9 defensemen, he gets rotated in and out, but has been a regular and has done fairly well. Next year is when he's more of a full-time regular. With Letang out with a broken toe for 7-10 days, he will be playing a lot more and likely with Eaton or Engelland on the 3rd pairing with Murray being the 2nd pairing guy with Niskanen.

Yeah, pretty busy week for Shero. Murray, Morrow and Iginla. That's a lot of leadership, toughness, and size.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #5 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:49 am

How did this trade come about? When did you and (Flames general manager Jay) Feaster start talking, how did it progress and how was it finalized?

The last couple weeks while getting in touch with teams I was talking to Jay and said if you’re ever going to move Iginla, we would be interested. They were trying to see what they would do. I talked to him at the GM meetings. We talked about scenarios if they moved him, what his timeframe was. We traded from Brenden (Morrow) and Doug (Murray), and I kept in touch for Jarome. Over the last day or so it became apparent they were going to move him. We started getting into more names. We talked before our game last night (against Montreal) and early this morning and throughout the day. We kept at it. The first-round pick was very important for them. We were prepared to do that for Jarome Iginla. We worked on a number different scenarios player-wise. Ended up with two good college prospects. That’s the price for Jarome Iginla. That’s what you have to do. That’s what we did.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=662512

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #6 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:53 am

At 1:25 a.m. Thursday morning the Pittsburgh Penguins and Calgary Flames jointly announced a blockbuster trade. The Penguins acquired seven-time All-Star and long-time Flames captain Jarome Iginla in exchange for prospects Ben Hanowski, Kenny Agostino and a 2013 first-round pick.

The world was stunned. Especially since nearly every major media outlet had reported that Iginla had been traded to the Boston Bruins. It seemed to everyone that Penguins general manager Ray Shero swooped in at the last minute to snatch Iginla from the Bruins. But actually, the trade was the culmination weeks and weeks of negotiations and maneuvering.

Iginla, 35, will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season. The Flames had a hard decision to make regarding their captain’s future: sign him to a contract extension; hope for a playoff run with him and let him walk at the end of the year; or trade him and get some assets in return.

Jarome Iginla
Shero first approached Flames general manager Jay Feaster a few weeks ago and inquired about Iginla’s status.

“I was talking to Jay and said if you’re ever going to move Iginla, we would be interested,” Shero said. “They were trying to see what they would do.”

Shero once again approached Feaster at last week’s NHL general managers meetings in Toronto. It was then a few pieces started being discussed.

“(Feaster and I) talked about scenarios if they moved him, what his timeframe was,” Shero said. “It was different from our timeframe, but we kept at it.”

The Penguins weren’t sitting around and waiting. A few days after the meetings Shero pulled the trigger on two trades – landing veteran Brenden Morrow from Dallas Sunday and punishing defenseman Douglas Murray from San Jose on Monday. After completing the two deals, Shero made another call to Feaster to reiterate that the Penguins were still interested in acquiring Iginla.

Feaster finally decided that it was best for the Flames franchise to trade Iginla for assets instead of losing him for nothing. Talks between Feaster and possible teams started heating up Tuesday, including with the Penguins.

Shero and Feaster talked before the Penguins’ 1-0 victory Tuesday night against the Montreal Canadiens. It was in those discussions that the trade started to take shape.

“Over the last day or so it became apparent they were going to move him,” Shero said. “We started getting into more names. We talked before our game last night and early (Wednesday) morning and throughout the day.”

The two sides negotiated as Wednesday morning receded into evening. In the late, late hours, the Penguins and Flames had the framework for agreement. The Penguins would get Iginla in exchange for a 2013 first-round pick and prospects Ben Hanowski and Kenny Agostino. But the deal wasn’t finalized.

“The first-round pick was very important for them,” Shero said. “We were prepared to do that for Jarome Iginla. We worked on a number different scenarios player-wise. Ended up with two good college prospects. That’s the price for Jarome Iginla. That’s what you have to do. That’s what we did.”

According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Flames had deals on the table from the Penguins and Bruins – which sparked all the reports that Iginla was headed to Boston. But Iginla had to waive his no-trade clause as a part of any deal and had the power to pick his destination.

He chose Pittsburgh.

“He agreed to waive and come to Pittsburgh,” Shero said. “The trade conference call was done with the league. Everything was final.”

And Iginla was a Penguin.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=662553

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #7 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:50 am

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #8 by thejew09 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:21 am

Goddamn what a steal for Iggy. Agostino and Hanowski are by no means bad prospects, but they're far from a sure thing. Right before I went to bed last night I saw that Boston had acquired Iggy, then I woke up this morning thinking "dammit! Overpayed for Morrow and missed out on Iggy...", then I check nhl.com and nearly piss myself lol.

So in total we traded:

In: Iginla, B Morrow, Murray, 3rd Rd pick
Out: J Morrow, Hanowski, Agostino, 1st rd pick, 2nd rd pick, 5th rd pick, 2014 Conditional 2nd rd pick

To make the Morrow trade seem better, we can think that Shero traded Hanowski+5th, and Morrow+Agostino+1st for Iggy. Not actually what happened, but the values evened each other out.
"Fuckin Right!" - Mark Recchi
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #9 by Gordon Shumway » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:13 pm

LOL is that even legal? What a steal.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #10 by Gordon Shumway » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Hey Bawstin U mad we pissed in yinz chowdah n'at?
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #11 by Gordon Shumway » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Love we didn't have to give up either or of Pouilot, Harrington or Maatta to get Iggy, this is getting really big yinz by far the most active and trigger happy Shero's been ever at anytime so far.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #12 by Gordon Shumway » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Watching the presser Iggy is like a kid on Christmas morning just beaming wiff teh happiez.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #13 by Gordon Shumway » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:04 pm

The really funny part is Feaster asked Shero for a top ten list of his collage prospects/top ten prospects Hanowski and Agostino weren't on either.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #14 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:19 pm

"I'm so heppeh" - Iggy
"Stole my line Jarome" - Malkin

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #15 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Banjo MacGyver wrote:Feaster is a fucking idiot.

Good for ya'll.

I think everyone wants to see Iginla win a cup, for most it's going to piss them off his best chance is with the Pens, but like Bourque, a guy this good doesn't deserve to go his entire career without winning. I think this pushes Crosby to want to win even more, that's a scary thought that he can push himself even harder to perform better.

The last time these two were team mates, Canada won Gold. Let's see what they can do next. Jarome's 1st game is against the Islanders, perfect game to brutalize the opponent with the Crosby-Iginla duo.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 131 times
Received rep: 245 times

Post #16 by clawfirst » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Feaster wont look as stupid if he signs Iginla in the summer. It's really the only thing that makes sense to me right now.

Well VCX you guys finally got him. I've been waiting 3 years for this.

and fuck you guys.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #17 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:07 pm

I am hoping Iginla re-signs and I think he would if Crosby & Shero talk to him and tell him that we could win another one, or if they don't win, he would stay to try again, if you stay another year and realistically, they could.

If they sign Jarome after this season for 2 more years...the roster is still this.

Kunitz, Crosby, Iginla
Bennett, Malkin, Neal
Jeffrey, Sutter, Dupuis (he's gong to re-sign)
Glass, Vitale, Kennedy

Orpik, Martin
Despres, Letang
Niskanen, Engelland

Fleury
Vokoun

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #18 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:08 pm

I made that sig jersey thing as a joke at first, then well..god damn son, it came true.

Haha!

I can't wait to see the way Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla will dominate. Islanders are a good 1st team for that line, ha.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #19 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:10 pm

[RIGHT]Image[/RIGHT]

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #20 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:15 pm

[CENTER]Image
Image[/CENTER]

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #21 by Gordon Shumway » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:15 pm

clawfirst wrote:Feaster wont look as stupid if he signs Iginla in the summer. It's really the only thing that makes sense to me right now.

Well VCX you guys finally got him. I've been waiting 3 years for this.

and fuck you guys.

Fuck you very much as well. :iwish:
thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #22 by thejew09 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Damn, I'm so spoiled as now 2 of my 3 favorite wingers in the league have spent time on the Pens (Marian Hossa, Jarome Iginla, Rick Nash [He'll never be on this team lol]). Whether Iggy plays on Sid or Malkin's line doesn't matter to me. As long as he's here he should be a vital part of our team. Hoping he wants to re-sign with us regardless of whether we win the cup or not.

Shero is one ridiculously aggressive GM though.

Past Trade Deadlines:
07-08: Acquires Hossa, Dupuis and Gill
08-09: Acquires Kunitz, Guerin and Boucher
09-10: Acquires Ponikarovsky and Leopold
10-11: Acquires Neal, Niskanen and Kovalev
11-12: No Activity
12-13: Acquires Iginla, Morrow and Murray

Aside from last season where he stood pat, he's made aggressive moves each season (although we didn't give up much in terms of assets in 09-10). Has any team had this much trade deadline buying for the last 6 years? I doubt it.
"Fuckin Right!" - Mark Recchi
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #23 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Who doesn't like Jarome? I have met him once before, at a charity golf thing in Calgary during a summer, really really nice guy. Easily the nicest person you can meet. I loved the fact that he married his high school sweetheart, at the time, I thought I was going to do the same, of course my high school sweetheart turned out to be a whore, but hey, you live and you learn.

I think people discussed this, the fact that if he waived his NMC and picked the team he wanted to go to, he might re-sign with them. Kind of like how Bourque did with the Avs.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
RebeccaJ
Registered Broad

Post #24 by RebeccaJ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Have heard two sports writers compare the team with our pick ups to the 2002 Red Wings, "a lot of hall-of-famers"
We will have a good run at the cup.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #25 by Roger Sterling » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:18 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bylsma start a game with this top 9.

Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis
Iginla, Malkin, Neal
Morrow, Sutter, Kennedy

Crosby & Iginla = Magic in the Olympics
Malkin & Iginla = Magic in the All Star game.

Bylsma has so many options.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]

Return to “Pittsburgh e-Penis Forum”