2013 Playoffs: Round 3 - Eastern Conference Final - Penguins vs Bruins - Game 1 (6/1/13 @ 8pm Est)

Roger Sterling
Registered Broad
Received rep: 1 time

2013 Playoffs: Round 3 - Eastern Conference Final - Penguins vs Bruins - Game 1 (6/1/13 @ 8pm Est)

Post #1 by Roger Sterling » Sat May 25, 2013 3:59 am

[CENTER]

[SIZE="7"]PENGUINS LINE-UP[/size]

[SIZE="6"]Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis
Iginla, Malkin, Neal
Morrow, Sutter, Cooke
Adams, Jokinen, Kennedy

Orpik, Martin
Niskanen, Letang
Murray, Eaton

Vokoun[/size]

*Line-up is definitely subject to change, Vitale should be in for this series and maybe even Glass might draw back in. Physical series, you need your "bangers" in.

[SIZE="5"]Bruins Line-Up[/size]

[SIZE="4"]Lucic, Krejci, Horton
Marchand, Bergeron, Jagr
Peverley, Kelly, Seguin
Paille, Campbell, Thornton

Chara, Hamilton
Bartkowski, Boychuk
Krug, McQuaid

Rask[/size]

[SIZE="7"]1 MORE ROUND LEFT BEFORE THE FINALS![/size]
[SIZE="7"]LETS GO PENS![/size]

[SIZE="5"]COOKE, CENTER OF ATTENTION ONCE AGAIN[/size]
[/CENTER]

Well, back to the ECF. How sweet it is to finish a series for the first time in Consol. Demons have been exercised, big guns are gunning, a goaltender hasn't shat the bed for us because the one that typically has the last 3yrs, is riding the pine.

Shit is good.

I don't fear any of the next possible opponents. I feared the Isles and Sens more than the Bruins or Rags.
[CENTER][font="Georgia"]“When God closes a door, he opens a dress.”[/font]
ImageImage
[/CENTER]
thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #2 by thejew09 » Sat May 25, 2013 10:45 am

Roger Sterling wrote:Well, back to the ECF. How sweet it is to finish a series for the first time in Consol. Demons have been exercised, big guns are gunning, a goaltender hasn't shat the bed for us because the one that typically has the last 3yrs, is riding the pine.

Shit is good.

I don't fear any of the next possible opponents. I feared the Isles and Sens more than the Bruins or Rags.

Bruins should definitely be feared. Physical and great goaltending. I want to match up against them though, as it'll be a great test to see if we're Cup ready.
"Fuckin Right!" - Mark Recchi
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #3 by Roger Sterling » Sat May 25, 2013 2:10 pm

thejew09 wrote:Bruins should definitely be feared. Physical and great goaltending. I want to match up against them though, as it'll be a great test to see if we're Cup ready.

I think the Pens match up against them very well. The Bruins biggest problem is that Marchand is a clown and Lucic follows suit, Cooke is a guy that can really throw them off their game and Dupuis always seems to find a way to make Chara look like a fool (weirdest thing ever, but it's been shown time and time again). Another thing about the Bruins, when they get a lead, they sit back and protect it, they don't keep attacking the way the Pens do. Pens get a lead, they smell blood in the water and are relentlessly trying to build on it, Bruins don't do that, it's why the Pens have come back to beat their asses this season.

Rangers would be an easy match-up, but yeah with the Bruins, I would say it goes to 6, Pens win it in 6. I wouldn't be shocked if MAF was back in that series if Vokoun gets rattled by the Bruins scorers.

The Bruins series is where Iginla truly wakes up.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #4 by thejew09 » Sat May 25, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm confident that our team is capable of being the Bruins, but honestly I'm 50/50 as to who's going to come out on top. I think the series could be Pens in as little as 5 games, or the Bruins in 5, depending on how we play. I think we've corrected many aspects of our defensive game since the Isles series though, and if we play how we played during the Sens series, then we should be able to come out on top.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #5 by Roger Sterling » Sun May 26, 2013 2:10 am

Isles series was a lesson in figuring out how to play team defense and matching up as well as adapting to the other team. The Sens series was putting all of that to the test and get the big guns firing. Now what's left? It's just a matter of time before Iginla starts scoring in bunches and Morrow starts to contribute more. Sutter still hasn't had his best series yet but did a good job of shutting down guys, he has had some great moments against the Bruins though.

I think it's more down to how well Vokoun can hold up and if Fleury can step up if that shit hits the fan too. Nothing the Bruins have, scares me.

With the Sens, it was "What if Spezza's return, Alfie's last year, Anderson's awesome play, and Karlsson's return fucks us up?"...against the Bruins it's mostly "How can we handle the way Marchand and Lucic will be pests?"

I mean that's the biggest concern supposedly. I would love nothing more than a 1992 repeat.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #6 by Roger Sterling » Sun May 26, 2013 2:24 am

All I know for sure is that Joe Vitale needs to be in this series. I would also keep Jokinen in as well. Having 2 guys that can win faceoffs will be huge against the Bruins. They are 57% for faceoffs in the playoffs, the Pens are 50%. Malkin struggles a lot and having 2 others that are great as well as Sid and a decent Sutter, it could help with puck possession. That and Vitale's speed and tenacity should match up well against the Bruins that play a pretty edgy game, they border on the edge of dirty.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #7 by Roger Sterling » Sun May 26, 2013 3:46 am

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #8 by Roger Sterling » Mon May 27, 2013 12:42 am

Sid got his jaw protector removed. He said it hindered his vision at times, but he didn't want to use that as an excuse and said he should be able to play around that anyway. I wonder if this will make him less hesitant now that the Doctors have given him the full ok with no extra protective gear on.

It sucks that Geno's shoulder is still messed up, the Bruins series could mess him up even more.

I am going to say the Pens win this in 6.

Pens win both at home, split in Boston, lose at home and finish it in Boston.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #9 by Roger Sterling » Mon May 27, 2013 3:11 am

I'm kind of curious what kind of line-up changes Bylsma makes. If Vitale is injured, I would maybe take out Jokinen and put Glass back in on the 4th line. The Bruins are big and physical, I'm not sure Jokinen in the line-up would make Bylsma play that 4th line often. The only way it would work is if he did this...

Morrow, Sutter, Kennedy
Cooke, Jokinen, Adams

Or...

Morrow, Sutter, Kennedy
Cooke, Vitale, Adams

Engelland should definitely be in over Eaton. I loved how nasty Niskanen got in the Senators series. Was Nisky shit in the Isles series? Without a doubt, but he redeemed himself in the 2nd round. We'll see if he can still be nasty against the Bruins. Murray is going to go up a whole new level of appreciation as will the Orpik love.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
MP
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 157 times
Received rep: 357 times

Post #10 by MP » Mon May 27, 2013 10:47 am

I'd say you guys will be alright if the refs don't swallow their whistles. If they do I think you up shit creek.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #11 by Roger Sterling » Mon May 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Masterplan wrote:I'd say you guys will be alright if the refs don't swallow their whistles. If they do I think you up shit creek.

Pens have been pretty disciplined this year. Last year was a shit show, even when the Sens tried to start stuff, the Pens held back quite a bit. We'll see how they do against the Bruins, they have the heavy weight pests, so far the Pens have only been dealing with welter weights. Marchand is a dick, but the Pens also beat the Bruins without Malkin in those games and without Sid & Geno in one of the games, not to mention their top 2 defenseman being out as well.

So the Bruins think they're facing that same team, but they aren't. Lucic & Marchand will run around, but this time, the Pens have a potent and full roster to make them pay for their stupidity. Also, Uncle Gary looks out for us, so if the Bruins fuck around, we got that too. Gary is cool like that.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #12 by Roger Sterling » Mon May 27, 2013 9:43 pm

I have a feeling MAF will be back in this series, not just because he has a better record against them (10-5, 2.19GAA, .929sv%), but because of Vokoun's style and the size of the Bruins, it might cause some trouble. Vokoun is 9-10 against them, life time, with a 2.51GAA and a .930sv%.

The good is that Sid, Geno, Neal, Iginla, and Kunitz are all very good against them, the only 3 Bruins that have good numbers against the Pens are Chara, Bergeron, and Krejci.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #13 by Roger Sterling » Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 am

There is a back 2 back game in this series, 6 and 7. Bruins won't make it that far, so no worries.

An entire fucking week of no Pens hockey during the playoffs while they're still in it...definitely do NOT like this. I do like that the Wings are out, haha...assholes. A perfect end to their time in the West.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #14 by thejew09 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Despite the core of Detroit getting really old (and most retiring), they've got tons of young guys coming up... Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, Andersson, Pulkkinen, etc. I wonder if the Wings will ever miss the playoffs again haha.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #15 by Roger Sterling » Thu May 30, 2013 10:34 pm

thejew09 wrote:Despite the core of Detroit getting really old (and most retiring), they've got tons of young guys coming up... Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, Andersson, Pulkkinen, etc. I wonder if the Wings will ever miss the playoffs again haha.

It will be different in the East. First year, maybe they have a very up/down year because of new opponents. But I don't see Tatar and Andersson as guys you should be mentioning all that much. Joakim has been up and down with the Wings for a while, he's in his mid 20's and has only started to make a name for himself. There's also the "Wings factor" of prospects. Guys like Emmerton, Nestrasil, etc, were highly talked about by Wings fans and Hfboreds as good prospects to keep an eye out for. Emmerton is their 4th line C now and he fits that role, not sure if he is more than that. Not that 4th liner's aren't important. I do respect the Wings ability to pick good players in the later rounds and what not...but there is always a Wings factor where when they leave, they suck balls. So really, are they just a product of a really good system then?

Lest we forget, Ville Leino.

I will admit, I thought Landon Ferraro would be a damn decent player for the wings, maybe even a future Captain. Since then though, I've noticed the Wings prospects aren't as good. Outside of Smith that is. I mean now their best prospect is a UFA signing, that should tell you enough I think.

I do like Sproul, Dekeyser, Frk, Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen though. Those are some solid kids, even if 1 wasn't drafted.

I want to see how good Dats is when he is up against Sid more often in a season. I also was never really convinced Howard was a good goaltender.

I am having a blast mocking my buddies that are huge Wings fans.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #16 by Roger Sterling » Thu May 30, 2013 10:42 pm

I wish the Pens didn't have so many prospects in College. It makes it a little harder to judge how good some of those kids are. Which is why I guess I really want to see Hanowski and Agostino do incredibly well with the Flames. Proof that even the late College picks were damn good ones. Beau is also some proof of it and I hope D'Agostino as well, now that he's signed. Pens aren't the best at drafting, maybe a 15-20th rank out of all the teams because of the NCAA guys being so hard to get a read on.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #17 by Gordon Shumway » Fri May 31, 2013 12:01 am

Sorry I've missed the past few games, the site wouldn't load on my iPhone.
Roger Sterling
Registered Broad

Post #18 by Roger Sterling » Fri May 31, 2013 2:27 am

Gordon Shumway wrote:Sorry I've missed the past few games, the site wouldn't load on my iPhone.

I missed a lot of them too, had to listen to them via Pens radio, which wasn't all that bad hearing Mike Lange. I will have to do the same for Game 1.

ImageImage

[/CENTER]
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #19 by Gordon Shumway » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Some guy I don't care about scores 1-0 Boston.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #20 by Gordon Shumway » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Geno draws a call PP City.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #21 by Gordon Shumway » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:59 pm

End of one 1-0 Boston.
RebeccaJ
Registered Broad

Post #22 by RebeccaJ » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:32 am

WTF??? Were we that bad? They that good?
I know Rask is a beast but wholly hell 3-0.
Looked like all Krejci/Horton from basic game stats. No Geno/Sid/Neal/Iginla?
Damn, I'm just glad Old Bastard didn't score against us.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #23 by Gordon Shumway » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:00 am

Game 1 recap:

Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #24 by Gordon Shumway » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:57 pm

For Luck:

Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #25 by Gordon Shumway » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Fuck Boston and fuck Chowdah.

thejew09
Registered Broad

Post #26 by thejew09 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:21 pm

RebeccaJ wrote:WTF??? Were we that bad? They that good?
I know Rask is a beast but wholly hell 3-0.
Looked like all Krejci/Horton from basic game stats. No Geno/Sid/Neal/Iginla?
Damn, I'm just glad Old Bastard didn't score against us.

Pens actually played a pretty good all around game. Our offense generated plenty of great scoring chances, but were stopped by 3 posts and many great saves by Rask (and a lucky bounce from a puck that rolled out of the crease and was centimeters from crossing the line). We had some defensive lapses, but even Vokoun looked normal and our defense wasn't too bad for the most part. It just didn't go our way tonight.

However, Crosby did not look like himself at all, and both Murray and Niskanen looked rather meh. Letang also had a few boneheaded defensive lapses. Those were the only real negatives I noticed from us.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #27 by Gordon Shumway » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:45 pm

"If he dies, he dies".
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #28 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Because he's the hero Pittsburgh deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, A watchful protector, A Drunk Knight.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #29 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:46 pm

DO IT!

Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #30 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Great ass fucking Moses can we get one goddamn bounce? 1-0 the Nose with the only one.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #31 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:34 pm

2-0. Another fucking Boston bounce. 5th bounce this fucking series. :facepalm: :facepalm:
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #32 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:35 pm

So far this damn series has been a fucking EA glitch for Boston.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #33 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:38 pm

3-0 another goddamn Boston bounce.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #34 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:39 pm

MAF in.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #35 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:43 pm

Sutter! 3-1.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #36 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:44 pm

The nose scores that rally didn't last to long.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #37 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:51 pm

I cant watch this shit.
Mayor of MacAppolis
Registered Broad

Post #38 by Mayor of MacAppolis » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:19 pm

What is wrong with Fleury? He isn't a bad goalie, just seems to be lost. Little mental errors.
klingsor wrote:Pennsylvania?

The whole fucking state is filled wih preverts and ne'er-do-wells.

And the Amish are the worst of the lot.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #39 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:44 pm

You know things are bad in a game when you can't think of one guy who's played good.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #40 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:04 pm

5-1.

Mayor of MacAppolis
Registered Broad

Post #41 by Mayor of MacAppolis » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Larsson wrote:I have some news for you

Did he knock up an under ager? Heard that isn't good for the career.
klingsor wrote:Pennsylvania?

The whole fucking state is filled wih preverts and ne'er-do-wells.

And the Amish are the worst of the lot.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #42 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Why am I still listening to this shit?
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #43 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Neat a power play.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #44 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:18 pm

That did dick, Morrow hurt.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #45 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Game 2 recap:

[video=youtube;vhe3vSe-mmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw[/video]
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #46 by Gordon Shumway » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Maybe I'm piss ass drunk right now, But I swear I recalled Bylsma mouth the words "get to our game" when they showed him after the 6th goal.
RebeccaJ
Registered Broad

Post #47 by RebeccaJ » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:02 am

Gordon Shumway wrote:Maybe I'm piss ass drunk right now, But I swear I recalled Bylsma mouth the words "get to our game" when they showed him after the 6th goal.

Did our plane/train crash on their way there?
Evidently no one did get to the game.
RebeccaJ
Registered Broad

Post #48 by RebeccaJ » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:04 am

Had my niece DVR the game. Wow.
Not sure I can watch the whole thing knowing we got our asses handed to us this badly.

* yeah that and the fact that I have to be up and back at it in three hours.
Maybe some other time when I don't want jump off a bridge.
Gordon Shumway
Registered Broad

Post #49 by Gordon Shumway » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:31 am

Think that was the last of MAF.

Return to “Pittsburgh e-Penis Forum”