Prospects, Drafts & Tanks - The Cubbard is PedoBear

Straight noggin
VLoo
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #151 by VLoo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:03 pm

dmitri wrote:Fair enough. Yeah last year's draft class looks pretty amazing right now.

NHLers:

- Mack
- Jones
- Barkov
- Nichushkin
- Monahan

Lindholm got the ok to go to the WJC, but he's been there too, Ristolainen has close to 20 games this year as well. I don't think Risto would be in the conversation for #1, but add in Drouin, and there's 7 guys right there who could probably claim the #1 spot this year.
NHL33
Received rep: 1 time

Post #152 by NHL33 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:53 pm

Hishon has 15 points in 21 games. That's not 'fantastic', but considering the disruptions he has had, that's not bad by any means either. He is 4th on the team currently.

Leaders:
Bryan Lerg - 27 in 33
Mark Olver - 27 in 33
Andrew Agozzino - 22 in 33
Joey Hishon - 15 in 21
Paul Carey - 14 in 32
...and so on.

Nobody else in particular among forwards catches the eye statistically, though Sgarbossa has been OK with limited sample size (5 in 8).

FYI: Elliott has 14 in 28.
VLoo

Post #153 by VLoo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:26 am

He'd be a nice asset, and a bonus as far as I'm concerned, if he got healthy. Tons of skill. Kinda wrote him off after all the head issues he's had so if he turns into something beyond a skilled ambulance chaser that'd be a real treat.
NHL33

Post #154 by NHL33 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:21 am

Lake Erie is currently the 3rd worst team in the Western Conference, and 4th in its North division. Playoffs are unlikely. It's among the 3-5 worst in the West in both goals scored and goals allowed.

This all while we haven't really been depriving them of much talent. Outside of Barrie, who exactly did we remove from that roster recently? The likes of Van Der Gulik, Malone, and Aittokallio temporarily at times for injury reasons, sure, but our NHL infusion of talent has been external (ex: Guenin, Holden) -- plus reinforcements in Olver, Hunwick, and Clark while avoiding calling up Sgarbossa and Elliott from the affiliate.

Last time Monsters made the playoffs was in 2011. Before then? Never under the Avs, but plenty of near basement finishes. Our AHL performance has been piss poor for such a long time. I hope we can make some serious strides in improving it with a sustainable pipeline of prospects. We've been mostly terrible since 2008, given our draft positions this seems inexcusable -- or am I being impatient / unrealistic?
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad

Post #155 by WarriorOfGandhi » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:58 am

Lake Erie would likely be a lot better if Colorado actually put high picks on their roster. Of all the players Colorado has taken in the top 100 eligible players of the draft:

2008 -- no 1st rounder, 2nd rounder (Gaunce) played on AHL team before being traded, another 2nd rounder never made it (Delmas), no 3rd rounder
2009 -- 1st rounder and 2nd rounder made NHL team, another 2nd rounder plays on AHL team
2010 -- 1st rounder had head scrambled but plays on AHL team, 2nd rounder plays on AHL team, 3rd rounder traded (Bournival)
2011 -- 1st rounder made NHL team, other 1st rounder plays on AHL team, no 2nd or 3rd rounder
2012 -- no 1st rounder, 2nd round pick plays on AHL team
2013 -- 1st rounder made NHL team, 2nd rounder nearly made NHL team

so in its five season history, LEM has had all of 50 games out of only two of Colorado's 1st round picks, and has never had more than three second-round picks on the roster. In fact, of all the picks Colorado has made in the top 100 in the past half-decade, the one who has logged the most AHL ice time has been Stefan Elliott, who may be a good player but is far from a guy you build a team around.
NHL33

Post #156 by NHL33 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:37 am

First rounders drafted as high as 1, 2 and 3 are anticipated to make the immediate jump into the NHL. This means you have a 2nd rounder that is essentially a late 1st, 3rd that is practically a late 2nd, etc.

Besides O'Reilly it doesn't really seem like we've caught much. Barrie is a good example of someone we should be able to uncover -- even if he fails to develop further, it's more of a showing from him than the rest.

OK, our 1st rounders have had fairly good success (Hishon was unfortunate / health is always unpredictable and Siemens is TBD), but I expected better depth. More Olver types where they show some promise with accompanying flaws, but enough to get at least a stint in the NHL or vie heavily for one...not sure fire top-6 forwards but tweeners who impress at camp and make you think twice.

Again, this may be premature on my part. Maybe it should be roughly 5 years after every draft before we start grading the non-1st rounders, including forwards. Doesn't seem like we've done a particularly good job stock piling raw talent in Lake Erie, though that's likely a somewhat flawed conclusion on my part due to reliance on statistics.
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad

Post #157 by WarriorOfGandhi » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Bigras voted best defensive D in the OHL Eastern conference by coaches
VLoo

Post #158 by VLoo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:19 pm

hek wrote:I hope Siemens and Bigras pan out. It would be nice to see the Avs actually draft and develop some defensive talent. God knows they need it.

I think Bigras' basement is bottom pairing, but I think he's a #3 or 4 when it's all said and done. You never know how they're gonna transition to the NHL at this age, but I could see him getting the 9 game try out next year. Siemens I just don't care for.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #159 by chewey » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:10 pm

NHL33 wrote:First rounders drafted as high as 1, 2 and 3 are anticipated to make the immediate jump into the NHL. This means you have a 2nd rounder that is essentially a late 1st, 3rd that is practically a late 2nd, etc.

Besides O'Reilly it doesn't really seem like we've caught much. Barrie is a good example of someone we should be able to uncover -- even if he fails to develop further, it's more of a showing from him than the rest.

OK, our 1st rounders have had fairly good success (Hishon was unfortunate / health is always unpredictable and Siemens is TBD), but I expected better depth. More Olver types where they show some promise with accompanying flaws, but enough to get at least a stint in the NHL or vie heavily for one...not sure fire top-6 forwards but tweeners who impress at camp and make you think twice.

Again, this may be premature on my part. Maybe it should be roughly 5 years after every draft before we start grading the non-1st rounders, including forwards. Doesn't seem like we've done a particularly good job stock piling raw talent in Lake Erie, though that's likely a somewhat flawed conclusion on my part due to reliance on statistics.

I believe that the Avs have drafted the most NHL players out of any other team in the league. I am having a tough time finding this article. Not all have played with the Avs (i.e. Boychuck, Gilbert, Pahlsson, Parrish etc.) but were Avs prospects.

Overall the Avs have a decent record of drafting players in the later rounds:

Players that had impact with the team:

- Hejduk
- Stastny
- RoR
- Liles

Players that could have had impact but were traded or injured:

- Marc Denis (he had some good season in CBJ & yes, I know he was back up to Roy for a while and obvious why he was traded)
- Vrbata
- Jones (truly do believe if Jones had not lost his speed he would be dangerous)
- Svatos (we all know the story, 32 goals, 26 goals, not soft. Too bad he got injured often)
- Gilbert
- Boychuck
- Holos (everything that could go wrong, did go wrong - bad coaching, injuries, called up during injuries, could argue alienated.. wouldn't mind giving him another shot)

Players who are decent 3rd/4th/backup:

- Budaj
- Galiardi
- Richardson
- Brent Jonson
- McCormick
etc.

This is back as 1995 draft:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00005307.html

I know it is unfair to judge this overall as the scouting department and scouting in general has changed a lot over the past 20 years. However the Avs have had their success, like every team. I would say we are one of the better teams when it comes to scouting and developing offensive talent in the later rounds as well.

WarriorOfGandhi wrote:Bigras voted best defensive D in the OHL Eastern conference by coaches

Cubbards not bare?

VLoo wrote:I think Bigras' basement is bottom pairing, but I think he's a #3 or 4 when it's all said and done. You never know how they're gonna transition to the NHL at this age, but I could see him getting the 9 game try out next year. Siemens I just don't care for.

I hope he is our Justin Faulk! I too am unsure on Siemens. However if Barrie has taught me anything its to wait and see. Hopefully he can at least be a top 4 dman like Hejda. That would help tremendously.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #160 by chewey » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:20 pm

Also anyone following up with the 2014 draft at all?

Two names that interest me right now are Nikita Scherbak & Roland McKeown.

Nikitia Sherbak (LW) 6'2, 175 Ibs - WHL Saskatoon Blades

The best thing about him is that he's very coachable and teachable. Because he can skate he can get on the puck. But when he's not on it right away he's not afraid to make or take a hit. When you've got that part of a game from a Russian player it's exciting.

- Saskatoon Blades head coach Dave Struch on Nikita Scherbak

"He's a gifted skater. Gifted with the puck and his vision is really good," Struch said. "We're a gritty team so stops and starts are the key to our success. As a Russian player he's come a long way from the first five games. He's coming back into our zone and stopping and being sounder defensively. He's learning the North American way.

Link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=695305&navid=nhl%3Atopheads

Roland McKeown (RD) 6'1, 195 Ibs - OHL Kingston Frontenacs

The Scoop: While the notions of him challenging Aaron Ekblad for the top defender available are now absent, he remains a quality prospect garnering attention at the back of the first round. McKeown's play has been a mirror of the Fronts themselves (a young team battling consistency), but he has a lot great qualities that scouts believe in. His play in this year's playoffs will probably go a long way in determining whether he's a first round selection come June.
Comments:
"Another guy that has been sliding a little on my list due to a lack of development in his overall game this year. He does have a good strong frame, good fluid feet and plays a heady 2-way game but he still lacks that killer instinct in the offensive zone and is neither consistently physical nor engaged on every shift. Still see him as having top four potential in the NHL one day with all his impressive abilities but he is becoming no sure bet." - Dan Stewart

'He scares me a bit. The skating is high end and he makes good decisions with the puck, but does he have high end offensive upside? I'm not sure I see huge point producer. And while he's got good defensive instincts, he's also not a high intensity player and could struggle in his own end as the players get stronger, faster, and more assertive. Is he being overhyped because of a lack of solid defensive prospects available in this year's draft?" - Anonymous

"Up and down on him and have watched him a lot this season. Love his skating and can move the puck, and his defense has improved a lot. Still don't see a guy who jumps out at you and can take over a game. Probably has moved towards the bottom half of the first round." - Corey Pronman

"Teases with flashes of brilliance but still appears to be a piece missing to his game. Steady puck moving defenseman who can carry the puck up the ice and is relied upon heavily by Coach Gill despite the Fronts having a deep blue line. McKeown has an impressive +38 which is a massive improvement from his -24 in his rookie season however question marks still surface about his true ability to defend and lack of physical assertion. McKeown comes with question marks however NHL teams will need to focus on his strengths. His liabilities are not unlike Koekkoek’s were in his draft year as Koekoek was criticized for the same defensive short comings in his NHL draft year and has rebounded nicely to become one of the more dominant players in the OHL." - David Burstyn

Brock: http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2014/03/midseason-mediascout-top-10-for-2014.html
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #161 by chewey » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Also, Conner Bleackley sounds like a Av pick:

(C) 6'0, 200 Ibs - WHL Red Deer Rebels

As Rebel’s Captain, Bleackley is a diligent attentive forward capable of contributing in all three zones. His strong character, trust-worthy defensive acumen and non-stop motor earn him plenty of opportunities. Producing at over a point-per-game pace, Bleackley has shown sound offensive skills but he’s fairly average in that department and his skating could stand to gain another gear. Bleackley projects as a versatile energy forward with admirable intangibles capable of playing in a top-six role.
Profile from: Brendan Ross of Dobber Prospects - Feb. 23rd

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Conner-Bleackley

Sounds like another RoR.
NHL33

Post #162 by NHL33 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:45 pm

I don't care about the pre-rebuild history. I would like to see some of the depth players like Brad Malone pan out and solidify our 3rd line. That's all.

It'd be nice to get a couple of more top-6 skaters as well, of course, but it's not that easy. Same for the defense -- let's see those #4-6 guys come in; Barrie is a good start.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #163 by chewey » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:55 pm

NHL33 wrote:I don't care about the pre-rebuild history. I would like to see some of the depth players like Brad Malone pan out and solidify our 3rd line. That's all.

It'd be nice to get a couple of more top-6 skaters as well, of course, but it's not that easy. Same for the defense -- let's see those #4-6 guys come in; Barrie is a good start.

What draft year do you define as the start of the "rebuilding"? 2009?
And fair enough!
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #164 by chewey » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 pm

NHL33 wrote:I don't care about the pre-rebuild history. I would like to see some of the depth players like Brad Malone pan out and solidify our 3rd line. That's all.

What draft year do you define as the start of the "rebuilding"?
NHL33

Post #165 by NHL33 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:58 pm

It probably is 2009 but I'm impatient. I'm not with defensemen, but we've had pretty bad development there for a long time excluding isolated successes like Shattenkirk, JML, etc.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #166 by chewey » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:37 pm

Just from the mock drafts, scouts comments and everything else I've read on this draft it seems like it might be a draft year like 2010. Players will be picked all over the place. Some highly touted players will fall (e.g. Fowler, Gormley) and some players will be picked higher than projected (e.g. Skinner, Burmistrov, McIlrath).

I am half expecting the Avs to pull on another "Hishon" on us.
VLoo

Post #167 by VLoo » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:54 pm

chewey wrote:Just from the mock drafts, scouts comments and everything else I've read on this draft it seems like it might be a draft year like 2010. Players will be picked all over the place. Some highly touted players will fall (e.g. Fowler, Gormley) and some players will be picked higher than projected (e.g. Skinner, Burmistrov, McIlrath).

I am half expecting the Avs to pull on another "Hishon" on us.

If Hishon didn't get brained by that cunt McNab, Hishon would have been a very good pick at 18.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #168 by chewey » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:16 pm

VLoo wrote:If Hishon didn't get brained by that cunt McNab, Hishon would have been a very good pick at 18.

I should have clarified. By pulling a "Hishon" I mean the Avs will draft a player that was on no one's projection in the 1st round and get a player/pick that made everyone go "who?". Not saying Hishon was a bad pick. He justified the pick with his performance the year after and yes, I hate McNab too.
ABasin

Post #169 by ABasin » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:11 pm

NHL33 wrote:It probably is 2009 but I'm impatient. I'm not with defensemen, but we've had pretty bad development there for a long time excluding isolated successes like Shattenkirk, JML, etc.

Very poor drafting and development by the Avs, as far as defensemen go - especially defensive defensemen. For many years now. Ditto for goaltenders. They've always had the forward thing down though.

If we take 2009 as the beginning of the rebuild, it's really hard to tell at this point. Still a work in progress. Barrie looks pretty good (again, only offensively), and Elliott/Bigras clearly have some skill. Whether that translates into NHL players, we'll have to wait a bit.
ABasin

Post #170 by ABasin » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:12 pm

VLoo wrote:If Hishon didn't get brained by that cunt McNab, Hishon would have been a very good pick at 18.

That's sheer conjecture, VLoo. Why are you so sure of that?
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad

Post #171 by WarriorOfGandhi » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:48 pm

ABasin wrote:That's sheer conjecture, VLoo. Why are you so sure of that?

there's obviously no guarantee of NHL success when looking at junior performance, but Hishon was something like 3rd in OHL points per game before that hit.
VLoo

Post #172 by VLoo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:51 pm

ABasin wrote:That's sheer conjecture, VLoo. Why are you so sure of that?

You are absolutely right, and it's incredibly difficult to project players at that age, but did you watch him at all in the season they made a run to the Mem Cup? He was/is supremely talented. If his health holds up for the rest of his career(big if, I know) I think you'll get a really good contributor in the 2nd/3rd line role and that's with him missing a few crucial years of development.
stan:getz

Post #173 by stan:getz » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:36 pm

ABasin wrote:Very poor drafting and development by the Avs, as far as defensemen go - especially defensive defensemen. For many years now. Ditto for goaltenders. They've always had the forward thing down though.

If we take 2009 as the beginning of the rebuild, it's really hard to tell at this point. Still a work in progress. Barrie looks pretty good (again, only offensively), and Elliott/Bigras clearly have some skill. Whether that translates into NHL players, we'll have to wait a bit.

What other defensemen have we even drafted during that time?

I know spermiens, but all the other guys I don't know about. Expecting to get solid NHL defensemen in the 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds is not really realistic. It doesn't happen for any team very often. We've used most of our 1st and 2nd round picks on forwards, have we not?
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
[CENTER][font="Trebuchet MS"][color="#4169e1"]Do not fuck with me[/color][/font][/CENTER]
NHL33

Post #174 by NHL33 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:26 pm

Yes.
NHL33

Post #175 by NHL33 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:54 pm

Why would we even want him?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/colorado_avalanche/

6.5 C! Obviously garbage.

Post #176 by stan:getz » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Talent Analysis

Condon has upper-echelon puck-handling skills and speed, but he has yet to put it all together. [SIZE="5"]He is somewhat of a one-dimensional player, as his two-way play leaves more to be desired[/size] and he is not especially physical.

Future

Condon is currently in his senior season of college hockey and at the end of the season will decide to sign a professional contract with the Avalanche or test the free agent market. He can provide the Monsters with secondary scoring and [SIZE="5"]be relied on to kill penalties[/size].
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

[CENTER][font="Trebuchet MS"][color="#4169e1"]Do not fuck with me[/color][/font][/CENTER]
NHL33

Post #177 by NHL33 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:31 pm

One-dimensional penalty killer. For shame.
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad

Post #178 by WarriorOfGandhi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:09 pm

a warm glowing love of Christ isn't enough to keep Grimaldi from being beaten like a rented mule by his man...on a short handed goal...in the last second of the semifinal game when the score was tied
NHL33

Post #179 by NHL33 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:15 pm

I have him in a keeper league. Go G-Man.
VLoo

Post #180 by VLoo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:57 pm

We'll most likely be around the 25 range for the draft, and would love to get Robby Fabbri there. A lot of projections have him right in that range, but a big run to the Mem Cup might bump him up and out of our range.
VLoo

Post #181 by VLoo » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Everyone has Roland Mckeown available around the 23-28 range and I think he'd be a great pick for the Avs. Probably already has the mobility to be in the NHL and is a pretty solid 2 way guy, good positional instincts. I'd be happy to get him at 23 instead of another forward.
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad

Post #182 by WarriorOfGandhi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:40 pm

VLoo wrote:Everyone has Roland Mckeown available around the 23-28 range and I think he'd be a great pick for the Avs. Probably already has the mobility to be in the NHL and is a pretty solid 2 way guy, good positional instincts. I'd be happy to get him at 23 instead of another forward.

Shoots: R

:why:
VLoo

Post #183 by VLoo » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Yeah, if the guy is good enough to be in the league the rest will sort itself out.
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad

Post #184 by WarriorOfGandhi » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:04 am

it's just frustrating that Colorado's biggest need, by leaps and bounds, is a top-pairing LHD defenseman and it seems like all the best D in UFA/trade/draft are RH.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #185 by chewey » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:13 am

dempsey_k wrote:Never ever ever ever draft based on how symmetrical your lineup would be..

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Always go for BPA. Needs change over time. Even if we have a overstock of D on the right we can always move them for assets.

The names that I keep on hear being thrown out for where we pick are: Larkin, Beakley, Sherback, McKeown. Hard working, high IQ, leadership players. I haven't following any of them so I won't pretend like I know shit, but hopefully the BPA where we pick will be a forward, preferably winger or a player whose game can translate to the wing.
VLoo

Post #186 by VLoo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:43 pm

I have no idea what it'd take, but I'd like to move up 22 spots and grab Ekblad.
PredsFan77 wrote:Vloo: I forgot to include him in my top ten, but I would encourage him to sleep with any of my exes so that we could say our penises have been in the same space. I'd like that.
ABasin

Post #187 by ABasin » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:57 pm

VLoo wrote:I have no idea what it'd take, but I'd like to move up 22 spots and grab Ekblad.

I don't know shit about prospects until I see them at camp, but what position are you guys thinking the Avs will hit here in the 1st round?
VLoo

Post #188 by VLoo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:13 am

ABasin wrote:I don't know shit about prospects until I see them at camp, but what position are you guys thinking the Avs will hit here in the 1st round?

The uncertainty this year makes it hard to say. You seem to have Ekblad as a top 3 pick, then Fleury is in that 10-12 range then a few guys like McKeown, Sanheim and maybe even Deangelo in that 20-30 range. You might see a guy like Brycen Martin sneak into the back end there, but I don't think he's a good value at 23. Those are probably the only D that will go in the 1st round.

The forward group is going to have a lot of projections shot by the first 10-12 picks, with some going seemingly too high and some "falling". There's some possibilities around 23 that would interesting. A guy like Fiala, Barbashev or Vrana have a ton of skill and are projected around that 20 range. I mentioned a few months back that I'd love to get my hands on Fabbri, but that guy rocketed up draft boards during the playoffs/mem cup.

Goaltending is probably the only for sure that we can say won't be the pick I think. I'd like to see either Sanheim or Mckeown taken but it will really depend on how the board falls, outside of the first 6 guys(Bennett, Ekblad, Dal Colle, Nylander, Draisaitl and Reinhart) the rankings behind them seem to vary wildly.
PredsFan77 wrote:Vloo: I forgot to include him in my top ten, but I would encourage him to sleep with any of my exes so that we could say our penises have been in the same space. I'd like that.
VLoo

Post #189 by VLoo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:22 pm

:why: :why: :why: :why: :royalfamily: :why: :why: :why: :why:

Fabbri was right there. RIGHT THERE.

Post #190 by stan:getz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:31 pm

IT'S A CENTRE
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Post #191 by stan:getz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Replacing ROR
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Post #192 by stan:getz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:45 pm

And he's still not a defenseman...
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

NHL33

Post #193 by NHL33 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Bleackley was only drafted because his favorite player is Sakic. Nepotism.
VLoo

Post #194 by VLoo » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:09 am

Hey maybe we can move up from our 2nd round pick to grab McKeown...

> Reto Berra

Post #195 by stan:getz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:14 am

Man we traded our second for berra
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

CharlieGirl
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 6 times

Post #196 by CharlieGirl » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:38 am

The Avs just drafted my favourite Kitchener Ranger in the 4th round, Nick Magyar.
[SIZE="1"]GO catch a shark or something eat a turtle. - Kaktus[/size]

"There are no heroic tales without heroic tails". Fred Shero.
VLoo

Post #197 by VLoo » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:57 am

:fistbull:

A scouting report, if you would be so kind, CG.
CharlieGirl
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 6 times

Post #198 by CharlieGirl » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:17 pm

I love the kid's game. His skating has come a long way from the beginning of the year - still needs a little work (and I understand he's working really hard to improve).

He's a total team guy, good defensively, good along the boards and has a nice wrist shot. He's one of those players that the puck seems to follow around - he gets himself into scoring spots and isn't easy to push off the puck. All kinds of hockey smarts too.

He may not wear the C next year, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't wear it the year after. He led the team in scoring this year as a rookie, was co-rookie of the year with MacInnis (but in my mind, he was far better than MacInnis all year), and was Kitchener's scholastic player of the year, and from all reports, just a great kid with great attitude.
[SIZE="1"]GO catch a shark or something eat a turtle. - Kaktus[/size]

"There are no heroic tales without heroic tails". Fred Shero.

Post #199 by stan:getz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Maximilian has awful numbers. Truly awful.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Return to “2001 Stanley Cup Champion Colorado Avalanche”