The Spore Report sponsored by Electronic Arts

Straight noggin
NHL33
Received rep: 1 time

Post #201 by NHL33 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:38 am

I forgot the NFL started today. Why the fuck do they play in the middle of the week for the first game!?
stan:getz

Post #202 by stan:getz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:41 am

NHL33 wrote:I forgot the NFL started today. Why the fuck do they play in the middle of the week for the first game!?

Because Peyton.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
[CENTER][font="Trebuchet MS"][color="#4169e1"]Do not fuck with me[/color][/font][/CENTER]
VLoo
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #203 by VLoo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:31 am

StanGetz wrote:Because Peyton.

Makin' it rainnnnnnn

NHL33

Post #204 by NHL33 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:14 pm

NHL33 wrote:I forgot the NFL started today. Why the fuck do they play in the middle of the week for the first game!?

StanGetz wrote:Because Peyton.

This week it's the Jets-Patriots. ROFL.
NHL33

Post #205 by NHL33 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Just looked at the Formula1 standings and it's Vettel ahead of Alonso by 53 points.

01 Sebastian Vettel 222
02 Fernando Alonso 169
03 Lewis Hamilton 141
04 Kimi Räikkönen 134
05 Mark Webber 130
06 Nico Rosberg 104
07 Felipe Massa 79
08 Romain Grosjean 57

Good to see Raikkonen doing well, but it must be pretty boring following F1, at least for the #1.
NHL33

Post #206 by NHL33 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Hey Dmitri, how does it feel to be tied with the Mets in the standings?

Please keep this in mind.

And on that note the Mets have a protected 1st round pick! Time to overpay someone badly and sortie with those Cuban gigolos.
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad

Post #207 by WarriorOfGandhi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 am

more like tony homo rofl amirite
Alex Jones

Post #208 by Alex Jones » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:49 am

Alex Jones's big board. Top 15. Fall, 2013.

Figured I'd get around to doing this one before the day of this time around. Where's AB at???

This is a measurement of where I think a player is at talent wise, not where I think they will be drafted.

1. Teddy Bridgewater. Duh. I'm pretty sure everybody in the universe can tell that this guy is an elite prospect and I think it's probably time to start asking if he's a better prospect than Andrew Luck/RG3. The Jaguars are going to be set at quarterback until the late 2020's.

2. Jadaveon Clowney. Once again, hard to really state otherwise. I'm pretty sure he's better than Mario Williams, and perhaps the best end since Julius Peppers. He's having a poor senior season, but he will be an elite pass rusher at the NFL level. If he gets his hands on you, he's gone.

3. Jake Matthews. Is really, really good. I like him more than Joeckel last year, and honestly he could be the first overall pick in more drafts than not.

Those three make a pretty clear top three in my mind. Then it starts to get hard.

4. Marquise Lee. I realize he's struggling a bit and a lot of people are moving him to the middle/bottom of the first, but I still love this guy. Not an athletic monster like some wideouts we've seen come around of late, Lee is a great route runner that can run every route and catches anything in his area code. Not sexy, but he will be an elite reciever at the NFL level. Probably my favorite WR prospect since Dez Bryant.

5. Bradley Roby. Ohio State is really, really good at producing corners at the NFL level. They are the anti-Nick Saban. Also, Dee Milliner is already looking like a garbage player. Not that he can't turn it around, but he's already been called out publicly multiple times. Not a good sign. I am getting gun-shy with Alabama players. Got torched against Wisky, so he may go down.

6. DeAnthony Thomas. Is a weapon like none other in the NFL. Faster than Tavon Austin, faster than Chris Johnson, perhaps faster than any NFL player in recent history. Can lineup as either a halfback or wideout. I'm not sure where he will exactly fit into an NFL offense, but just get this guy the ball. A unique talent.

7. Taylor Lewan. Another great Michigan lineman. Really shined last year against Clowney, one of the better tackle performances I have seen. A top tier prospect.

8 Aaron Murray. Yea, I'll say it. I don't give a fuck. I love Aaron Murray, now that his decision making has cleaned up. A bit short, but he has a great arm, outstanding accuracy and a very good feel for the game. Even showed a little bit outside the pocket this year. Bridewater is an incredible prospect, but I think that Murray has everything you want in a QB. Some people hate on him, but I think an NFL team will pick him very early next spring.

9. Anthony Barr. He's no Dion Jordan, but still an awesome athelete that is a terror off the edge. Going to be in the nightmares of Taylor Martinez for a while. I thought the universe of Dion Jordan last year, and while Barr isn't in the same class, he is still a terror off the edge.

10. Aaron Lynch. He's a bit of sleeper I've been keeping an eye on at South Florida. This is a hardcore stretch. He hasn't played well this year, but he has major league explosion off the edge. He's a nobody right now, but come next spring he is going to be known by everybody in the universe. Long, fast, explosive. Look for him to have a big second half and a monster combine. Laugh now, he'll be up here next spring, should he choose to come out.

11. Cyrus Kouandjio. He was a very, very good center originally for the Tide, but is now playing outside. A great physical talent, but I've still got reservations about him as a pass blocker. Let's see him take on Clowney before I start putting him really high. Should at least become a great right tackle in the NFL. Being a former (award winning) interior lineman really gives him an edge as a run blocker off the edge.

12. Louchiez Purifoy. Another guy a little under the radar in terms of getting first round hype, Purifoy is a great athlete with good length. Corner has shown itself to be a bit of a hard position to project into the NFL, so I think it's a bit of a crapshoot where this guy gets picked.

13. Brett Hundley. There are several "trending" mobile QB's right now, but Hundley is the only guy I realliy like out of them. I think were starting to see the flaws in Tajh Boyd, and Mariota has poor accuracy. Hundley is a little rough, but he has a good, accurate arm and plus athleticism.

14. Will Sutton. Has amazing quickness and just explodes off the snap. Undersized, but it's a passing league. Obviously there are concerns about him stopping the run at the NFL level, but he is a pass rusher par excellence. All universe bust potential, especially with his added weight.

15. Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Dude is fucking huge and hard as shit to stop down the field. Some people have concerns about his quickness, and while I see what they are saying, that doesn't change the fact that nobody can cover him. Has a lot of bust potential, but also has the ability to be a really special player.

Just missed:

Sammy Watkins
Paul Richardson
Mike Evans
Johnny Manziel
Odell Beckham (he's my #16)
Trent Murphy
Ryan Shazier

This is a top fifteen early in the season. The NFL draft is unpredictable because the combine and senior bowl are worth a lot, so by the end of the year we'll see some guys we've never heard of before rise to the first round, and some first rounders fall pretty far.
Life's like a dice game and I'm in to win.

VLoo

Post #209 by VLoo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 pm

I think Barr is probably Top 5, and Lynch doesn't deserve Top 10 based on how he's been playing thus far. Deep, deep QB draft so I think you could make a case for Murray or Manziel or, hell, even David Fales. Tajh Boyd, I think is the clear #2 behind Bridgewater in terms of QB prospects, surprised he doesn't even get into your HM's.
NHL33

Post #210 by NHL33 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:37 pm

Still waiting for dmitri's final walk of shame.

Omar Quintanilla for Jose Reyes and his albatross contract. C'mon...you know you want to do it.
ABasin

Post #211 by ABasin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:58 am

Alex Jones wrote:Alex Jones's big board. Top 15. Fall, 2013.

Figured I'd get around to doing this one before the day of this time around. Where's AB at???

This is a measurement of where I think a player is at talent wise, not where I think they will be drafted.

1. Teddy Bridgewater. Duh. I'm pretty sure everybody in the universe can tell that this guy is an elite prospect and I think it's probably time to start asking if he's a better prospect than Andrew Luck/RG3. The Jaguars are going to be set at quarterback until the late 2020's.

2. Jadaveon Clowney. Once again, hard to really state otherwise. I'm pretty sure he's better than Mario Williams, and perhaps the best end since Julius Peppers. He's having a poor senior season, but he will be an elite pass rusher at the NFL level. If he gets his hands on you, he's gone.

3. Jake Matthews. Is really, really good. I like him more than Joeckel last year, and honestly he could be the first overall pick in more drafts than not.

Those three make a pretty clear top three in my mind. Then it starts to get hard.

4. Marquise Lee. I realize he's struggling a bit and a lot of people are moving him to the middle/bottom of the first, but I still love this guy. Not an athletic monster like some wideouts we've seen come around of late, Lee is a great route runner that can run every route and catches anything in his area code. Not sexy, but he will be an elite reciever at the NFL level. Probably my favorite WR prospect since Dez Bryant.

5. Bradley Roby. Ohio State is really, really good at producing corners at the NFL level. They are the anti-Nick Saban. Also, Dee Milliner is already looking like a garbage player. Not that he can't turn it around, but he's already been called out publicly multiple times. Not a good sign. I am getting gun-shy with Alabama players. Got torched against Wisky, so he may go down.

6. DeAnthony Thomas. Is a weapon like none other in the NFL. Faster than Tavon Austin, faster than Chris Johnson, perhaps faster than any NFL player in recent history. Can lineup as either a halfback or wideout. I'm not sure where he will exactly fit into an NFL offense, but just get this guy the ball. A unique talent.

7. Taylor Lewan. Another great Michigan lineman. Really shined last year against Clowney, one of the better tackle performances I have seen. A top tier prospect.

8 Aaron Murray. Yea, I'll say it. I don't give a fuck. I love Aaron Murray, now that his decision making has cleaned up. A bit short, but he has a great arm, outstanding accuracy and a very good feel for the game. Even showed a little bit outside the pocket this year. Bridewater is an incredible prospect, but I think that Murray has everything you want in a QB. Some people hate on him, but I think an NFL team will pick him very early next spring.

9. Anthony Barr. He's no Dion Jordan, but still an awesome athelete that is a terror off the edge. Going to be in the nightmares of Taylor Martinez for a while. I thought the universe of Dion Jordan last year, and while Barr isn't in the same class, he is still a terror off the edge.

10. Aaron Lynch. He's a bit of sleeper I've been keeping an eye on at South Florida. This is a hardcore stretch. He hasn't played well this year, but he has major league explosion off the edge. He's a nobody right now, but come next spring he is going to be known by everybody in the universe. Long, fast, explosive. Look for him to have a big second half and a monster combine. Laugh now, he'll be up here next spring, should he choose to come out.

11. Cyrus Kouandjio. He was a very, very good center originally for the Tide, but is now playing outside. A great physical talent, but I've still got reservations about him as a pass blocker. Let's see him take on Clowney before I start putting him really high. Should at least become a great right tackle in the NFL. Being a former (award winning) interior lineman really gives him an edge as a run blocker off the edge.

12. Louchiez Purifoy. Another guy a little under the radar in terms of getting first round hype, Purifoy is a great athlete with good length. Corner has shown itself to be a bit of a hard position to project into the NFL, so I think it's a bit of a crapshoot where this guy gets picked.

13. Brett Hundley. There are several "trending" mobile QB's right now, but Hundley is the only guy I realliy like out of them. I think were starting to see the flaws in Tajh Boyd, and Mariota has poor accuracy. Hundley is a little rough, but he has a good, accurate arm and plus athleticism.

14. Will Sutton. Has amazing quickness and just explodes off the snap. Undersized, but it's a passing league. Obviously there are concerns about him stopping the run at the NFL level, but he is a pass rusher par excellence. All universe bust potential, especially with his added weight.

15. Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Dude is fucking huge and hard as shit to stop down the field. Some people have concerns about his quickness, and while I see what they are saying, that doesn't change the fact that nobody can cover him. Has a lot of bust potential, but also has the ability to be a really special player.

Just missed:

Sammy Watkins
Paul Richardson
Mike Evans
Johnny Manziel
Trent Murphy
Ryan Shazier

This is a top fifteen early in the season. The NFL draft is unpredictable because the combine and senior bowl are worth a lot, so by the end of the year we'll see some guys we've never heard of before rise to the first round, and some first rounders fall pretty far.

Just noticed this. Thx, JB.

There seem to be a bunch of teams dying for a QB. How many reasonable ones will be drafted in the first couple of rounds, do you think?
ABasin

Post #212 by ABasin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:01 am

BTW, 6 weeks into the NFL season, I picked a few good ones in the preseason, and blew a few out my ass. I'll leave out NE, Den, and SF - as all of those were easy playoff picks.

Good picks: KC, Cin, NO, Seattle.
Shitty picks: Atlanta, Houston (thought they'd both be good), Chicago (thought they'd suck).

And BTW, LOL NY Giants. Guess they're not playing in the SB in their own stadium, huh?
VLoo

Post #213 by VLoo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:16 am

ABasin wrote:Just noticed this. Thx, JB.

There seem to be a bunch of teams dying for a QB. How many reasonable ones will be drafted in the first couple of rounds, do you think?

I think you could make the case for 8-9 in the first 2 rounds. Not only the teams at the top who need immediate help, but if you look to NE Mallett isn't the answer and Brady is like 36. Who knows what's going on with Schaub and maybe Denver doesn't like the progress Osweiler has made. Is Oakland sold on Pryor? Does McCoy want to bring in his own QB to groom behind Rivers? There's bound to be a few good QB prospects on the board in the 2nd and I'm not sure some of the teams with an older QB can pass up on some of the potential value being offered at that point.
ABasin

Post #214 by ABasin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:30 pm

ABasin wrote:[video=youtube;TWfph3iNC-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k[/video]

The 1:20 and 1:40 marks are particularly badass.

Pretty dangerous, as it turns out.

[video=youtube;_oZl1c6W_iQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oZl1c6W_iQ[/video]
Alex Jones

Post #215 by Alex Jones » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:48 pm

VLoo wrote:I think Barr is probably Top 5, and Lynch doesn't deserve Top 10 based on how he's been playing thus far. Deep, deep QB draft so I think you could make a case for Murray or Manziel or, hell, even David Fales. Tajh Boyd, I think is the clear #2 behind Bridgewater in terms of QB prospects, surprised he doesn't even get into your HM's.

Lynch will be the ultimate workout warrior. Every year guys come up who had mediocre to decent years in college and get picked really high because of their numbers at the combine. Just watch. I think he'll rise sooner or later.

VLoo

Post #216 by VLoo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Alex Jones wrote:Lynch will be the ultimate workout warrior. Every year guys come up who had mediocre to decent years in college and get picked really high because of their numbers at the combine. Just watch. I think he'll rise sooner or later.

Probably, but I don't see why after this season he'd come out for the draft. He's still got a few years of eligibility left.
Alex Jones

Post #217 by Alex Jones » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:48 pm

ABasin wrote:Just noticed this. Thx, JB.

A lot. There are some good QB prospects out there, I cannot lie. If you want a QB, tis the season. I actually love this draft in general.

QB's I see drafted in the first/second

Bridgewater
Fales
Mannion
Murray
Manziel
Boyd
Mariota
Hundley.

My thoughts on a few of them:

Taj Boyd: Some people still like him, but I think a lot are starting to see that he's got some flaws. I'm willing to state I may be very wrong about him, but he looks a lot to me like a guy who is either going to be a west coast QB or a game manager, rather than a game breaker. I don't think he throws well down the field, and I don't think that he throws well outside the hashes. Watch some Clemson games, there are a ton of short to intermediate west coast style throws to the middle of the field. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't love Tajh Boyd. I'd draft him late in the first or early in the second round.

Marcus Mariota. Dear god is somebody gonna make a mistake on this guy. Once again, maybe I'm wrong, but I've heard some guys even saying that he might go FIRST overall. Look, he is an amazing athlete. I do not dispute that fact for a second, but I have reserves about him as a quarterback. Go watch some oregon games, he does not have a naturally accurate arm.

Here is is supposed "best game" against Washinton.

[YOUTUBE]dQZKeG8t2K4#t=580[/YOUTUBE]

How many NFL level throws do you see there?? How many times do you see Mariota missing guys or generally being inaccurate?? Here's a stat, Mariota's completion percentage on the year is 60.6%. This may not seem bad to you, but look at the throws he's making.

Consider this to some other guys who were high picks. Guys who were throwing more than just screen passes.
This is their completion percentage their draft year. They also weren't playing in the best offense in the NCAA

RG3 72%
Andrew Luck: 71.3 playing in a traditional pro style offense.
Geno Smith: 71.2
Matt Barkley: 63.6. His inaccuracy and poor decision helped to drop him in the draft. He made 69.1% the year before, when he could have gone really high.
Russell Wilson: 72.8
Colin Kaepernick: 64.9

None of these guys played in offenses with as many simple throws as oregon. Be afraid of Mariota football fans. He's fast and crazy athletic, but lord does he have bust written all over him to me.

Alex Jones

Post #218 by Alex Jones » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:50 pm

VLoo wrote:Probably, but I don't see why after this season he'd come out for the draft. He's still got a few years of eligibility left.

People leave early all the time. Hell, some guys leave early to be a late round pick. In my mind if a guy has a good chance to be drafted, especially high he will go.

VLoo

Post #219 by VLoo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Alex Jones wrote:People leave early all the time. Hell, some guys leave early to be a late round pick. In my mind if a guy has a good chance to be drafted, especially high he will go.

The majority of players don't declare early though, which is pretty obvious, but he also transferred to USF to be closer to home, so maybe he's not ready yet. What if he gets drafted to a team up north? It's not like he wasn't getting ample playing time as a freshman in South Bend. Obviously we'll find out in a few months, but I'd be surprised if he declared this year. I wouldn't put money on it or anything, but I'd be surprised unless he turns it on for the rest of the year.
NHL33

Post #220 by NHL33 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:26 am

NHL33 wrote:Still waiting for dmitri's final walk of shame.

Omar Quintanilla for Jose Reyes and his albatross contract. C'mon...you know you want to do it.

Bump.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #221 by chewey » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 pm

NHL33 wrote:Bump.

Dude seriously. The Jays are such a poorly run team. Its just bad. Sure they could have used better luck but good god, your season shouldn't depend on that. I am not sure what the hell is going on with the team. I am just jelly of the future you have. :fuckyou:

I am also turning into a part Seattle fan given how close I live to seattle now. Plus after the blue jays, DAT PITCHING STAFF (of mariners).
NHL33

Post #222 by NHL33 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:06 pm

dmitri wrote:Dude seriously. The Jays are such a poorly run team. Its just bad. Sure they could have used better luck but good god, your season shouldn't depend on that. I am not sure what the hell is going on with the team. I am just jelly of the future you have. :fuckyou:

I am also turning into a part Seattle fan given how close I live to seattle now. Plus after the blue jays, DAT PITCHING STAFF (of mariners).

If you 'turn' into a Mariners fan you're dead to me.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #223 by chewey » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:48 pm

NHL33 wrote:If you 'turn' into a Mariners fan you're dead to me.

What? Why? What did the Mariners ever do to you?
VLoo

Post #224 by VLoo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:00 pm

dmitri wrote:What? Why? What did the Mariners ever do to you?

I'm with you. When I was growing up Griffey was my favourite player, so I've always had a soft spot for them. Not that I follow baseball closely in any way.
NHL33

Post #225 by NHL33 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:17 pm

dmitri wrote:What? Why? What did the Mariners ever do to you?

VLoo wrote:I'm with you. When I was growing up Griffey was my favourite player, so I've always had a soft spot for them. Not that I follow baseball closely in any way.

Nothing against the Mariners, but if I can still be a Mets fan then you can remain a Jays fan for life.

I don't want to hear any misery bullshit sob stories.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #226 by chewey » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:36 pm

NHL33 wrote:Nothing against the Mariners, but if I can still be a Mets fan then you can remain a Jays fan for life.

I don't want to hear any misery bullshit sob stories.

OH! I see. No the Jays will still be my no. 1. Just as the Avs are.
But I can still be a fan of watching other teams play. Like oh Blue Jays vs. Seattle? Go Jays. But Seattle vs any other team? Go Seattle.
NHL33

Post #227 by NHL33 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:10 pm

dmitri wrote:OH! I see. No the Jays will still be my no. 1. Just as the Avs are.
But I can still be a fan of watching other teams play. Like oh Blue Jays vs. Seattle? Go Jays. But Seattle vs any other team? Go Seattle.

But baseball is a terrible sport. Why would you subject yourself to that!?
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #228 by chewey » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:59 pm

NHL33 wrote:But baseball is a terrible sport. Why would you subject yourself to that!?

I enjoy it. Its a lazy back game. I can watch the game with friends, beer + pizza or just by myself and post on forums as well. Its a good back ground and is good for entertainment.

Once I start watching soccer then you can tell me that I subject myself to torture.
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 149 times
Received rep: 296 times

Post #229 by clawfirst » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:03 am

Yes, or pay complete attention and watch everything from signs to pitching psychology/batting strategy. Both can be great time wasters.
ABasin

Post #230 by ABasin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:51 am

hek wrote:I went to two Rockies games this year. I got pretty drunk and don't really remember how either ended. It's not a horrible sport, Coors Field is a great place to drink at.

I enjoy going there once a year or so also. Baseball bores me, but knocking down a few beers in the stands at a game is fun.

I still haven't been to an Avs game this season. Got to get off my ass and go before the pixie dust that was spread on the defense wears off.
stan:getz

Post #231 by stan:getz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:40 am

ABasin wrote:I enjoy going there once a year or so also. Baseball bores me, but knocking down a few beers in the stands at a game is fun.

I still haven't been to an Avs game this season. Got to get off my ass and go before the pixie dust that was spread on the defense wears off.

The lines for the urinals are getting longer
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

[CENTER][font="Trebuchet MS"][color="#4169e1"]Do not fuck with me[/color][/font][/CENTER]
NHL33

Post #232 by NHL33 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:52 pm

dmitri wrote:I enjoy it. Its a lazy back game. I can watch the game with friends, beer + pizza or just by myself and post on forums as well. Its a good back ground and is good for entertainment.

Once I start watching soccer then you can tell me that I subject myself to torture.

It's a perfect game for radio.

I only like good, attacking soccer. That is uncommon but when present it's pretty fun.
ABasin

Post #233 by ABasin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Alex Jones wrote:Alex Jones's big board. Top 15. Fall, 2013.

Just missed:

Sammy Watkins
Paul Richardson
Mike Evans
Johnny Manziel
Trent Murphy
Ryan Shazier

Jailbait, what do you think? Early mock draft:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/2014-nfl-draft-report-full-first-round-mock-222745657--nfl.html
VLoo

Post #234 by VLoo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Two things that stand out to me:
1. I'd be surprised if Ebron isn't the 1st TE off the board.
2. This probably has more to do with familiarity with the team than anything else, but I like Vic Beasley at the top of Round 2 going to the Jags. Fits Gus Bradley's "LEO" role that he had in Seattle with Irvin and Clemons.

Then again, I spoke pretty highly of Tahj Boyd earlier this year, so what the fuck do I know.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #235 by chewey » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:45 pm

So 33, what do you think about Prince for Kingsler?
NHL33

Post #236 by NHL33 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:36 pm

dmitri wrote:So 33, what do you think about Prince for Kingsler?

Makes sense for both teams. Prince will annihilate the ball in Texas, Cabrera's defense at 3rd makes him an easy decision to move to 1st, Castellanos is an in-house replacement for Detroit's 3rd base, Rangers no longer have to trade Profar for scraps, and Prince has a pretty long contract that is risky (though $30M will be eaten up by Detroit - this was an obvious must), Kinsler is already starting to decline. Can't really shit on either team today.

If it wasn't for the fact that Castellanos had been mentioned as a (long-shot, obscure) possibility for the Mets in the past, I wouldn't give a single fuck.
ABasin

Post #237 by ABasin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:19 pm

KC's two top pass rushers got hurt today. 20 sacks that might be out of the lineup next week. We'll see. Great finish to that KC-SD game today.

Houston has fallen off the planet.
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad

Post #238 by WarriorOfGandhi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:25 am

lol.
NHL33

Post #239 by NHL33 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:03 am

At least we don't have to wait until the playoffs to reaffirm that Peyton is a choker.
NHL33

Post #240 by NHL33 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:53 am

VLoo

Post #241 by VLoo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Oh look, the Mets are shitty at something else.
NHL33

Post #242 by NHL33 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:11 pm

VLoo wrote:Oh look, the Mets are shitty at something else.

You're an idiot.

That's the best version of the song you'll hear all year.
NHL33

Post #243 by NHL33 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:23 am

NHL33 wrote:Makes sense for both teams. Prince will annihilate the ball in Texas, Cabrera's defense at 3rd makes him an easy decision to move to 1st, Castellanos is an in-house replacement for Detroit's 3rd base, Rangers no longer have to trade Profar for scraps, and Prince has a pretty long contract that is risky (though $30M will be eaten up by Detroit - this was an obvious must), Kinsler is already starting to decline. Can't really shit on either team today.

If it wasn't for the fact that Castellanos had been mentioned as a (long-shot, obscure) possibility for the Mets in the past, I wouldn't give a single fuck.

When I said all of this, I meant in context of why I understood the Tigers pulled off the trade and same for the Rangers. I did like it more for the Rangers, but I saw the advantage for Detroit.

However, seeing them piss away Doug Fister for scraps - note that Fister's future performance is irrelevant to his current value - I have to say that they are simply idiots. The Fielder trade will probably backfire beautifully on their faces. Fuck that piece of shit organization.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #244 by chewey » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:36 pm

NHL33 wrote:If you 'turn' into a Mariners fan you're dead to me.

CANO.

I think I'm converted bro.
NHL33

Post #245 by NHL33 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:22 pm

chewey
Registered Broad

Post #246 by chewey » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:45 am

NHL33 wrote:http://seattletimes.com/html/mariners/2022420240_mariners08xml.html

Sounds like a class organization.

..Fine. I submit. I'll be a Mets fan.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW!!
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #247 by chewey » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:46 am

All jokes aside, I think that Cano contract is bad. No doubt. He could play well, he could decline, he could be the next Hamilton or the next Wells. Either way, he's set for life. The Mariners will hopefully make what they paid him in the ticket sales they make .... but given their management I have my doubts.
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad

Post #248 by WarriorOfGandhi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:42 pm

the NFC East is the worst division in football history and the Cowboys still can't win it
NHL33

Post #249 by NHL33 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:22 am

dmitri wrote:All jokes aside, I think that Cano contract is bad. No doubt. He could play well, he could decline, he could be the next Hamilton or the next Wells. Either way, he's set for life. The Mariners will hopefully make what they paid him in the ticket sales they make .... but given their management I have my doubts.

I would be pretty wary of the Mariners, that's all. A dysfunctional front office does not make for a good time.

WarriorOfGandhi wrote:the NFC East is the worst division in football history and the Cowboys still can't win it

All Dallas jokes aside, are we sure it's worse than the NFC North? Hell, if we're complete serious then the AFC South takes the cake. Titans, Jaguars and Texans all in one division? Unbelievable.

Return to “2001 Stanley Cup Champion Colorado Avalanche”