The Spore Report sponsored by Electronic Arts

Straight noggin
User avatar
ABasin
Posts: 3324
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 am

Post #301 by ABasin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:53 am

Alex Jones wrote:Yea, when I get around to it. Lots and lots of good players out there.


I'll look forward to it.

Looking at the Broncos, I'm guessing they'll have to go defensive back, wouldn't you think? Especially CB? Bailey and Jammer are both done, DRC is a FA (thought he played well this season), Harris just had ACL surgery, Carter stinks and always has, and Bolden looks like a bust draft pick. Webster is really the only semi-promising young guy at that position.

Do you like any of: Dennard, Gilbert, Verrett, Roberson?
User avatar
VLoo
Posts: 9246
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #302 by VLoo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:43 am

ABasin wrote:I'll look forward to it.

Looking at the Broncos, I'm guessing they'll have to go defensive back, wouldn't you think? Especially CB? Bailey and Jammer are both done, DRC is a FA (thought he played well this season), Harris just had ACL surgery, Carter stinks and always has, and Bolden looks like a bust draft pick. Webster is really the only semi-promising young guy at that position.

Do you like any of: Dennard, Gilbert, Verrett, Roberson?


I'd be shocked if Dennard or Gilbert were still around at 31. Verrett is probably going to slide down boards a bit because he only weighs like 175, as a result he may have to be pushed inside to the nickel spot, which I think Harris, Jr plays if I'm not mistaken. Roberson is probably right in that 25-40 range and he has everything you look for in a CB, good length, actually uses his length, quick feet and fluid hips. The only reason Roberson isn't higher is because he isn't particularly great at one thing. He's just very solid at everything. Probably turns into a #2 back on the outside, which is fine, because I don't know many true #1 shutdown backs there really are left in the league.
User avatar
ABasin
Posts: 3324
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 am

Post #303 by ABasin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:46 pm

VLoo wrote:I'd be shocked if Dennard or Gilbert were still around at 31. Verrett is probably going to slide down boards a bit because he only weighs like 175, as a result he may have to be pushed inside to the nickel spot, which I think Harris, Jr plays if I'm not mistaken. Roberson is probably right in that 25-40 range and he has everything you look for in a CB, good length, actually uses his length, quick feet and fluid hips. The only reason Roberson isn't higher is because he isn't particularly great at one thing. He's just very solid at everything. Probably turns into a #2 back on the outside, which is fine, because I don't know many true #1 shutdown backs there really are left in the league.


Yeah, probably right.

The Broncos need a ILB pretty badly also. They've got some smaller fast LBs who can run around well, but no one can really plug the run. I suspect Mosley from Alabama won't last to their pick either though, huh?
User avatar
VLoo
Posts: 9246
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #304 by VLoo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:06 pm

ABasin wrote:Yeah, probably right.

The Broncos need a ILB pretty badly also. They've got some smaller fast LBs who can run around well, but no one can really plug the run. I suspect Mosley from Alabama won't last to their pick either though, huh?


He's probably Top 15-20 pick. Talent wise he's probably higher than that, but Inside backers usually aren't valued too high unless you're a Kuechly type. ILB is an absolutely shit position to target in the draft this year. Just not a lot of depth there. Shayne Skov isn't worth a 1st and might not make it to the back end of the 2nd, other than that you're better off waiting until the 4th or so to grab some value.
User avatar
Alex Jones
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 pm
Location: University of California-Boulder

Post #305 by Alex Jones » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Don't ever draft an inside linebacker high unless you think he's going to be an all pro type talent.
Life's like a dice game and I'm in to win.

Image
User avatar
VLoo
Posts: 9246
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #306 by VLoo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Alex Jones wrote:Don't ever draft an inside linebacker high unless you think he's going to be an all pro type talent.


Yup. Just generally a lot of solid talent available through free agency and later rounds in the draft usually. You can find them in the UDFA market a bunch too. This year though, the class just looks weak for middle LB's.
User avatar
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Post #307 by WarriorOfGandhi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:59 pm



somewhere in a third-world slum, there are people who think the Bills won 4 straight Super Bowls
User avatar
ABasin
Posts: 3324
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 am

Post #308 by ABasin » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Dallas reportedly released Ware. Can you guys imagine Jailbait's reaction if the Broncos signed him?
User avatar
VLoo
Posts: 9246
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #309 by VLoo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Broncos signed TJ Ward for 5.5 a year, which is a great deal for Denver.
User avatar
Alex Jones
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 pm
Location: University of California-Boulder

Post #310 by Alex Jones » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:09 pm

ABasin wrote:Dallas reportedly released Ware. Can you guys imagine Jailbait's reaction if the Broncos signed him?


I'd be alright with it.

If he signs in the NFC East, I will never post again due to suicide.
Life's like a dice game and I'm in to win.



Image
User avatar
VLoo
Posts: 9246
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #311 by VLoo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Alex Jones wrote:I'd be alright with it.

If he signs in the NFC East, I will never post again due to suicide.


Philly, GB and Houston make sense to me.
User avatar
ABasin
Posts: 3324
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 am

Post #312 by ABasin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:25 am

VLoo wrote:Philly, GB and Houston make sense to me.


Broncos get new CB and S. Talib and Ward. Rumor has it they're shooting for Ware now. Per DPost.
User avatar
VLoo
Posts: 9246
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #313 by VLoo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:38 pm

GoneFullHolmgren wrote:the Mets were swept at home by the shitty Marlins
User avatar
NHL33
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm
Received rep: 1 time

Post #314 by NHL33 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Baseball is a terrible sport and should not be discussed until next year at earliest.
User avatar
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Post #315 by WarriorOfGandhi » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:36 pm

reasonably happy with the Broncos schedule. The week 4 bye is pretty what-the-fuck, but there's likely only 3-5 teams on the schedule with a chance of breaking 10 wins. best case is something like 13-3, worst case maybe 9-7, which probably still puts them in the playoffs.
User avatar
VLoo
Posts: 9246
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #316 by VLoo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Any other team in the league and the Jags schedule is a cake walk and an automatic playoff berth. Best team on their sched is..... the Bengals? Should hopefully squeeze 5 or 6 Ws out though.
User avatar
chewey
Registered Broad
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 pm
Location: Near You!

Post #317 by chewey » Sat May 10, 2014 12:26 am

Alex Jones wrote:Alex Jones's big board. Top 15. Fall, 2013.

Figured I'd get around to doing this one before the day of this time around. Where's AB at???

This is a measurement of where I think a player is at talent wise, not where I think they will be drafted.

1. Teddy Bridgewater. Duh. I'm pretty sure everybody in the universe can tell that this guy is an elite prospect and I think it's probably time to start asking if he's a better prospect than Andrew Luck/RG3. The Jaguars are going to be set at quarterback until the late 2020's.

2. Jadaveon Clowney. Once again, hard to really state otherwise. I'm pretty sure he's better than Mario Williams, and perhaps the best end since Julius Peppers. He's having a poor senior season, but he will be an elite pass rusher at the NFL level. If he gets his hands on you, he's gone.

3. Jake Matthews. Is really, really good. I like him more than Joeckel last year, and honestly he could be the first overall pick in more drafts than not.

Those three make a pretty clear top three in my mind. Then it starts to get hard.

4. Marquise Lee. I realize he's struggling a bit and a lot of people are moving him to the middle/bottom of the first, but I still love this guy. Not an athletic monster like some wideouts we've seen come around of late, Lee is a great route runner that can run every route and catches anything in his area code. Not sexy, but he will be an elite reciever at the NFL level. Probably my favorite WR prospect since Dez Bryant.

5. Bradley Roby. Ohio State is really, really good at producing corners at the NFL level. They are the anti-Nick Saban. Also, Dee Milliner is already looking like a garbage player. Not that he can't turn it around, but he's already been called out publicly multiple times. Not a good sign. I am getting gun-shy with Alabama players. Got torched against Wisky, so he may go down.

6. DeAnthony Thomas. Is a weapon like none other in the NFL. Faster than Tavon Austin, faster than Chris Johnson, perhaps faster than any NFL player in recent history. Can lineup as either a halfback or wideout. I'm not sure where he will exactly fit into an NFL offense, but just get this guy the ball. A unique talent.

7. Taylor Lewan. Another great Michigan lineman. Really shined last year against Clowney, one of the better tackle performances I have seen. A top tier prospect.

8 Aaron Murray. Yea, I'll say it. I don't give a fuck. I love Aaron Murray, now that his decision making has cleaned up. A bit short, but he has a great arm, outstanding accuracy and a very good feel for the game. Even showed a little bit outside the pocket this year. Bridewater is an incredible prospect, but I think that Murray has everything you want in a QB. Some people hate on him, but I think an NFL team will pick him very early next spring.

9. Anthony Barr. He's no Dion Jordan, but still an awesome athelete that is a terror off the edge. Going to be in the nightmares of Taylor Martinez for a while. I thought the universe of Dion Jordan last year, and while Barr isn't in the same class, he is still a terror off the edge.

10. Aaron Lynch. He's a bit of sleeper I've been keeping an eye on at South Florida. This is a hardcore stretch. He hasn't played well this year, but he has major league explosion off the edge. He's a nobody right now, but come next spring he is going to be known by everybody in the universe. Long, fast, explosive. Look for him to have a big second half and a monster combine. Laugh now, he'll be up here next spring, should he choose to come out.

11. Cyrus Kouandjio. He was a very, very good center originally for the Tide, but is now playing outside. A great physical talent, but I've still got reservations about him as a pass blocker. Let's see him take on Clowney before I start putting him really high. Should at least become a great right tackle in the NFL. Being a former (award winning) interior lineman really gives him an edge as a run blocker off the edge.

12. Louchiez Purifoy. Another guy a little under the radar in terms of getting first round hype, Purifoy is a great athlete with good length. Corner has shown itself to be a bit of a hard position to project into the NFL, so I think it's a bit of a crapshoot where this guy gets picked.

13. Brett Hundley. There are several "trending" mobile QB's right now, but Hundley is the only guy I realliy like out of them. I think were starting to see the flaws in Tajh Boyd, and Mariota has poor accuracy. Hundley is a little rough, but he has a good, accurate arm and plus athleticism.

14. Will Sutton. Has amazing quickness and just explodes off the snap. Undersized, but it's a passing league. Obviously there are concerns about him stopping the run at the NFL level, but he is a pass rusher par excellence. All universe bust potential, especially with his added weight.

15. Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Dude is fucking huge and hard as shit to stop down the field. Some people have concerns about his quickness, and while I see what they are saying, that doesn't change the fact that nobody can cover him. Has a lot of bust potential, but also has the ability to be a really special player.

Just missed:


Sammy Watkins
Paul Richardson
Mike Evans
Johnny Manziel
Odell Beckham (he's my #16)
Trent Murphy
Ryan Shazier

This is a top fifteen early in the season. The NFL draft is unpredictable because the combine and senior bowl are worth a lot, so by the end of the year we'll see some guys we've never heard of before rise to the first round, and some first rounders fall pretty far.


Damn nigga you off! ;)

All jokes aside you hit quite a few people on this list on the head.
User avatar
NHL33
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm
Received rep: 1 time

Post #318 by NHL33 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:18 pm

How did the Blue Jays' draft go, Dmitri? A lot of Mets fans seem unhappy with Coforto, so I think we might have turned out OK.
User avatar
VLoo
Posts: 9246
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #319 by VLoo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:45 am

NHL33 wrote:How did the Blue Jays' draft go, Dmitri? A lot of Mets fans seem unhappy with Coforto, so I think we might have turned out OK.


If you take a gander over to the Leafs broad(I know, I know) the Jays thread has a few links with the draftniks praising the shit out of the Jays draft, so it appears to have gone well. Until the Jays fuck it all up and trade them all for the rights to Josh Johnson's UCL ligament.
PredsFan77 wrote:Vloo: I forgot to include him in my top ten, but I would encourage him to sleep with any of my exes so that we could say our penises have been in the same space. I'd like that.
User avatar
ABasin
Posts: 3324
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 am

Post #320 by ABasin » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:57 pm

NHL33 wrote:Baseball is a terrible sport and should not be discussed until next year at earliest.


:nice:
User avatar
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Post #321 by WarriorOfGandhi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:50 am

if the NFL's development league gets off the ground and plays in the summer, there will finally be good sports on between the second week of June and the second week of September. Can't wait.
User avatar
VLoo
Posts: 9246
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #322 by VLoo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:05 pm

WarriorOfGandhi wrote:if the NFL's development league gets off the ground and plays in the summer, there will finally be good sports on between the second week of June and the second week of September. Can't wait.


Image
PredsFan77 wrote:Vloo: I forgot to include him in my top ten, but I would encourage him to sleep with any of my exes so that we could say our penises have been in the same space. I'd like that.
User avatar
NHL33
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm
Received rep: 1 time

Post #323 by NHL33 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:08 pm

ABasin wrote: :nice:

Minor league baseball doesn't count. Nobody knows what they're talking about when it comes to baseball prospects, you might as well be talking about fictitious characters tbqh. It's like pretending to be a hockey scout from your basement but with even less accountability.
User avatar
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Post #324 by WarriorOfGandhi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:22 pm

hek wrote:Is this in the works? If so I was completely unaware.


maybe, but don't hold your breath
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/09/momentum-builds-for-developmental-league/related/
User avatar
KL
Registered Broad
Posts: 6268
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:44 am

Post #325 by KL » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:15 pm

NHL33 wrote:Minor league baseball doesn't count. Nobody knows what they're talking about when it comes to baseball prospects, you might as well be talking about fictitious characters tbqh. It's like pretending to be a hockey scout from your basement but with even less accountability.


When I was scouting, I was making around $15k a year doing it. I supplemented that by selling sports memorabilia online. One of my biggest sources of income within that was selling cards of baseball prospects.

I came up with a formula that predicted not major league success, but which guys had the best chance of making the majors and being the type of player that collectors pay the most for. And price of the card was a factor.

For example, for pitchers I think the formula had something to do with the ratio of K/IP to WHIP. For hitters, I can't remember how the formula worked, but I looked at AB, SO, HR, OPS, age and level of play. For both hitters and pitchers, I specifically looked for players who were stuck behind All Stars at their position in their organization, as those are the players most likely to be dealt (or better yet, they start pushing the All Star to where the team deals the All Star). Those prospects sold for a lot less, because most prospectors were too dumb to see the second half of the equation.

For most prospectors, being correct about 12-15% of the time was usually profitable, as the cards of prospects usually sell for a small fraction of what they do when they make the majors. I was at 30% in the 06 RC class, 34% in 07, and 40% in 08. I stopped when the economy collapsed - the first thing people cut back on is their hobby. But I made my money back several times over and still have a garage full of stock. When I get the time, I'm gonna start selling again just to get rid of it.
User avatar
KL
Registered Broad
Posts: 6268
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:44 am

Post #326 by KL » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:40 pm



WarriorOfGandhi wrote:somewhere in a third-world slum, there are people who think the Bills won 4 straight Super Bowls


I have a 2002 Carolina Hurricanes Stanley Cup Champions hat. It's the one they would have worn on the ice had they won. Bought it at a flea market for $4 in Gainesville, GA in 2005.
User avatar
NHL33
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm
Received rep: 1 time

Post #327 by NHL33 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:57 pm

I regret my childhood of collecting cards.
User avatar
NHL33
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm
Received rep: 1 time

Post #328 by NHL33 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:46 pm

hek wrote:Why?

Because it was a bloody waste of money.
User avatar
KL
Registered Broad
Posts: 6268
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:44 am

Post #329 by KL » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:54 pm

I just got back from doing a show in Playa del Carmen in Mexico. It was an absolute blast. Cancun is a complete shithole, but Playa is fun.

I just found out today that I got into the Main Event of the World Series of Comedy in Vegas next month.

I'm #4 on the Wednesday 6pm show
User avatar
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Post #330 by WarriorOfGandhi » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:56 pm

KL wrote:I just got back from doing a show in Playa del Carmen in Mexico. It was an absolute blast. Cancun is a complete shithole, but Playa is fun.


good to know, I will probably be there in two months for a destination wedding. Any recommendations?
User avatar
KL
Registered Broad
Posts: 6268
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:44 am

Post #331 by KL » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 am

WarriorOfGandhi wrote:good to know, I will probably be there in two months for a destination wedding. Any recommendations?


Rent a car or you'll either be stuck eating at your hotel (and it's fucking expensive at all the hotels), or you'll have to go to the strip and eat American chain bullshit. It's nearly impossible to get Mexican food.
User avatar
KL
Registered Broad
Posts: 6268
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:44 am

Post #332 by KL » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:52 am

A few years ago, someone here posted a video of Bangs' I Want To Take U To Da Movies, and I showed it to my wife. It was the dumbest thing ever, and we started referring to FOB Africans as "moviegoers".

Well, I follow the guy on Twitter. He is a total fucking retard. Well work the read.
User avatar
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Post #333 by WarriorOfGandhi » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:58 pm

I find it funny that I stopped caring about college football in 2006, about the same time the Buffaloes did.
User avatar
chewey
Registered Broad
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 pm
Location: Near You!

Post #334 by chewey » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:26 pm

NHL33 wrote:How did the Blue Jays' draft go, Dmitri? A lot of Mets fans seem unhappy with Coforto, so I think we might have turned out OK.


It was pretty baller. I was quite happy with all 3 of the top picks they had: Hoffman, Pentcoast and Sean Reid-Foly.
TJS isn't as a career ender like it use to be. Hoffman is already ranked as a top 100 prospect despite this surgery so hoping for some awesome things.

Pentcoast can hit and a pretty athletic. I know the Jays are more into pitch framing and hope that continues to develop with his defense as he moves up the system. Bat is overall there.

SRF has a bit of a long road, but the dude has awesome stuff.

If we still had Syndergarrd..., future rotation: Stroman, Hutch, Sanchez, Norris, Hoffman, Osuna, SRF, Graveman, Syndergarrd, Castro... *drool*.. I mean, sure only 3-4 may pan (only that high as Stroman/Hutch are here) but man! Dat depth/rotation.
User avatar
NHL33
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm
Received rep: 1 time

Post #335 by NHL33 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:03 pm

Dickey has been surprisingly bad. The Mets won that trade but it doesn't really matter. We have the Wilpons.
User avatar
chewey
Registered Broad
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 pm
Location: Near You!

Post #336 by chewey » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:19 am

NHL33 wrote:Dickey has been surprisingly bad. The Mets won that trade but it doesn't really matter. We have the Wilpons.


He has had his ups and downs. Rogers center isn't really a pitcher friendly ball park so most fly balls in a pitchers park are HRs. He has been decent and certainly worth his salary at $12M. However he wasn't and never will be worth two top 10 prospects... My god Mets rammed their dicks hard on AA/Blue Jays and then wiped their forehead with it after.

Also what is the deal with Travis d'A? Looking at his stats he's provided above average hitting (+102 wRC+) and is a pretty good pitch framer (+86 strikes). I know he's had a few past balls to his name but that will improve over time and experience. Why do I keep on hearing rumors that he may be moved to LF? Are the Mets that dumb or do you have Mike Zunino-type catcher in the wings that I do not know about?
User avatar
NHL33
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm
Received rep: 1 time

Post #337 by NHL33 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:45 am

Plawecki is in the wings but d'Arnaud's value is still largely tied to him being in a premium position. I think Plawecki is at least a year or two off still. He is very promising but even on paper I wouldn't describe him as having 'elite' potential based on reports.

We have some budding position players, with Nimmo being the lead in outfield, so there isn't much stock in the idea of d'Arnaud moving. A platoon of d'Arnaud-Plawecki down the line is likely, and we'll see where they are then.

If 1B is a vacancy (who knows how Duda does long-term) then maybe one of them could be moved there, but it's pretty premature to assume either will be relevant...d'Arnaud has been wrecked by injuries in his career thus far and Plawecki hasn't even hit majors.
User avatar
chewey
Registered Broad
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 pm
Location: Near You!

Post #338 by chewey » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:19 am

NHL33 wrote:Plawecki is in the wings but d'Arnaud's value is still largely tied to him being in a premium position. I think Plawecki is at least a year or two off still. He is very promising but even on paper I wouldn't describe him as having 'elite' potential based on reports.

We have some budding position players, with Nimmo being the lead in outfield, so there isn't much stock in the idea of d'Arnaud moving. A platoon of d'Arnaud-Plawecki down the line is likely, and we'll see where they are then.

If 1B is a vacancy (who knows how Duda does long-term) then maybe one of them could be moved there, but it's pretty premature to assume either will be relevant...d'Arnaud has been wrecked by injuries in his career thus far and Plawecki hasn't even hit majors.


Yea, that certainly makes sense to move D'A so he won't be effected by the injuries. Though that really takes away from his skill so not sure how valuable of a bat he may end up being. Either case I suspect it is a problem that will play itself out and resolve itself. Any idea on why the Mets didn't bring up Noah? I mean I know he hasn't lit the world on fire but prospects have been called up for less than what he did. I expected to see a few Syndergaard strikeouts already.
User avatar
NHL33
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm
Received rep: 1 time

Post #339 by NHL33 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:47 am

chewey wrote:Yea, that certainly makes sense to move D'A so he won't be effected by the injuries. Though that really takes away from his skill so not sure how valuable of a bat he may end up being. Either case I suspect it is a problem that will play itself out and resolve itself. Any idea on why the Mets didn't bring up Noah? I mean I know he hasn't lit the world on fire but prospects have been called up for less than what he did. I expected to see a few Syndergaard strikeouts already.

Injuries. Nothing requiring surgery (yet...) but he has had a few setbacks.

But it's OK, who needs Noah when we have DeGrom DeGod.
User avatar
ABasin
Posts: 3324
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 am

Post #340 by ABasin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:49 am

WarriorOfGandhi wrote:I find it funny that I stopped caring about college football in 2006, about the same time the Buffaloes did.


I used to love college football, but barely watch it anymore. In truth, I used to be into a bunch of sports back in the day (including college basketball), but only watch hockey and pro football now. Not sure if that's due to simply less time in a busy day of work, house, family, kids, etc. Or whether I'd simply rather do something else with my time.
User avatar
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Post #341 by WarriorOfGandhi » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:52 pm

ABasin wrote:I used to love college football, but barely watch it anymore. In truth, I used to be into a bunch of sports back in the day (including college basketball), but only watch hockey and pro football now. Not sure if that's due to simply less time in a busy day of work, house, family, kids, etc. Or whether I'd simply rather do something else with my time.


me too. My first few years of college a lot of my friends were dudebros and we would watch just about any game on TV plus ESPN's talking heads. Then around about the time the Rockies went to the World Series I realized how boring baseball was, quickly followed by how basketball was just ok (and how annoying it is that the last 2 minutes take half an hour), and how hard it was to remember the doings of 100 different college football teams and their best players.

I have a lot of free time these days but hockey is the only thing I care about anymore, other than watching the Broncos on Sundays. And I probably couldn't name half the Broncos roster. I watch maybe 2 or 3 UFC fights each year but don't know anything about the sport. I'd rather read, play video games, work out, or argue with people on the Internet than care about other sports.
User avatar
ABasin
Posts: 3324
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:59 am

Post #342 by ABasin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:35 pm

KL wrote:I just got back from doing a show in Playa del Carmen in Mexico. It was an absolute blast. Cancun is a complete shithole, but Playa is fun.

I just found out today that I got into the Main Event of the World Series of Comedy in Vegas next month.

I'm #4 on the Wednesday 6pm show


Best of luck, KL.
User avatar
VLoo
Posts: 9246
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Post #343 by VLoo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:43 pm

90% chance Broncos are significantly better this year than they were last year.
PredsFan77 wrote:Vloo: I forgot to include him in my top ten, but I would encourage him to sleep with any of my exes so that we could say our penises have been in the same space. I'd like that.
User avatar
NHL33
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm
Received rep: 1 time

Post #344 by NHL33 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:29 pm

They seem to be a more balanced team. I don't know if that's just perception but they look pretty decent.

Cowboys might be the best team in the NFL right now.
User avatar
NHL33
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm
Received rep: 1 time

Post #345 by NHL33 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:28 pm

NHL33 wrote:They seem to be a more balanced team. I don't know if that's just perception but they look pretty decent.

Cowboys might be the best team in the NFL right now.

Correction, the Dallas Cowboys are owned by Jerry Jones.
User avatar
NHL33
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm
Received rep: 1 time

Post #346 by NHL33 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:49 pm

[SIZE="5"]JAKE 'DE BOMB' DEGROM NAMED N.L. ROOKIE OF THE YEAR[/size]

Return to “2001 Stanley Cup Champion Colorado Avalanche”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest