Rumor - FLA offered Kulikov + 2nd Overall for 1st Overall

Straight noggin
chewey
Registered Broad

Rumor - FLA offered Kulikov + 2nd Overall for 1st Overall

Post #1 by chewey » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:27 am

Interesting if true.

I am happy that the Avs went with Mack. If we had the same roster and were the Nashville Predators or Pheniox Coyotes I'd think that having Kulikov + Jones would be better. Seeing as you know, they can develop Dmen.

Either way, I am happy enough the Avs are the center producing factory of the NHL.
NHL33
Received rep: 2 times

Post #2 by NHL33 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:31 am

I don't think they offered that. All of MacKinnon, Barkov and Jones look good. No idea about Drouin but wouldn't be surprised if he panned out well either - this draft class is looking solid.
Alex Jones

Post #3 by Alex Jones » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Interesting idea, but I wouldn't have done it.
Life's like a dice game and I'm in to win.

Brain of J
Registered Broad

Post #4 by Brain of J » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Kulikov really has not developed at all. MacKinnon looks like he'll be the best player on the team very soon, so glad they passed.
Alex Jones

Post #5 by Alex Jones » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:04 pm

MacK is going to be very good, I think he has the talent to be one of the top players in the world.
Life's like a dice game and I'm in to win.

NHL33
Received rep: 2 times

Post #6 by NHL33 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:49 am

Brain of J wrote:Kulikov really has not developed at all. MacKinnon looks like he'll be the best player on the team very soon, so glad they passed.

I don't think it's the best comparison but Kulikov's position does remind me a bit of EJ's. Difference being that is more physically talented and he got off to a better NHL start.

Watching Kulikov, he doesn't seem quite there mentally. I don't really see that offensive potential translate to real production and his defensive blemishes are still there.

Overall his hockey IQ as a defenseman seems passable but not enough to make him a #1 defenseman. I am still high on his future, but not as much as I was a couple of years ago; I was all aboard on the trading Duchene for Kulikov train, but with the way Duchene was able to evolve offensively last year (e.g. remove that tunnel vision) and what Kulikov hasn't done, that's not a consideration in '12-13, '13-14 nor moving forward.

It really doesn't help that he's stuck in Florida. Whether or not he ever becomes a top defenseman, seems like he needs to see a better culture & system through trade or otherwise to stop stagnating.

Return to “2001 Stanley Cup Champion Colorado Avalanche”