Tyson Barrie, 2 yr/5.2 mil

Straight noggin
VLoo
Has given rep: 52 times
Received rep: 72 times

Tyson Barrie, 2 yr/5.2 mil

Post #1 by VLoo » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Nice little bridge deal.
PredsFan77 wrote:Vloo: I forgot to include him in my top ten, but I would encourage him to sleep with any of my exes so that we could say our penises have been in the same space. I'd like that.
NHL33
Received rep: 1 time

Post #2 by NHL33 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Non-story. Excellent bridge contract.

I would much prefer this organization to tie up promising young talent that is somewhat proven, but not guaranteed, long-term; Barrie in my opinion fits this mold. Unfortunately they disagree.

The stance is certainly understandable but there's a certain amount of risk-taking necessary for success that they are very averse to.
WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad

Post #3 by WarriorOfGandhi » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:06 pm

WarriorOfGandhi
Registered Broad

Post #4 by WarriorOfGandhi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:51 am

hek wrote:And only Wilson got easier zone starts.

If one of Bigras or Siemans make the team, you'd think they'd be getting a lot of the easy comp and O-zone starts to boost their confidence, while Barrie would have to log tougher minutes. Ideally, Barrie would get the softest minutes Colorado has since he can't shut down impact players but is hella good at putting biscuits in baskets. Such an ideal scenario quickly falls flat on its face because Roy will badly need to shelter dmen who play like total turds, including but not limited to Wilson, Stuart, and Guenin.
Brain of J
Registered Broad

Post #5 by Brain of J » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:49 pm

I have high hopes for Zach Redmond being a really strong pickup to help out the defense. I'm not concerned about the right side. The left side...quite concerned.

Good contract for the Avs, and Barrie still has to prove more to get the long term deal.
chewey
Registered Broad

Post #6 by chewey » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:22 pm

dempsey_k wrote:I wouldn't say lots but it isn't rare.

I believe it has to do with his agent Meehan being busy with Brad Richards, then RoR, then Subban. Sprinkle in some Del Zotto and he was fairly busy throughout the summer.
Pretty sure the one RFA which wasn't going to arbitration was low on the priority.
ABasin

Post #7 by ABasin » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:20 pm

WarriorOfGandhi wrote:If one of Bigras or Siemans make the team, you'd think they'd be getting a lot of the easy comp and O-zone starts to boost their confidence, while Barrie would have to log tougher minutes. Ideally, Barrie would get the softest minutes Colorado has since he can't shut down impact players but is hella good at putting biscuits in baskets. Such an ideal scenario quickly falls flat on its face because Roy will badly need to shelter dmen who play like total turds, including but not limited to Wilson, Stuart, and Guenin.

Don't think either Bigras or Siemens makes the team this season. They have lots of NHL contracts on the blue line, and 3 sizable ones go away after this upcoming season - Hejda, Wilson, Stuart. Perfect time for those two guys to suddenly be ready.

Guenin was pretty much a turd, this side of the penalty kill. When he didn't have to move, he was just OK. If Elliott can't beat out his sorry ass, he's not a real prospect anymore. I think Wilson is done. I also don't get why Roy is so erect about Holden, but whatever - he's going to be on the roster for sure.

My best guess is that Redmond is the 6th guy who makes the regular roster.

And btw, I don't believe Stuart is going to be as bad as a lot of Avs fans do. I think he'll be solid, much like Hejda.

Return to “2001 Stanley Cup Champion Colorado Avalanche”