Received rep: 334 times

Post #1 by Retarder S » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:34 pm

That's a fine looking line up
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 202 times

Post #2 by mcphee » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:36 am

Lifer wrote:Also Vanek prefers LW so it works out fine either way. Nino has done all his best work from the right side anyway.

He prefers lw, and when he plays rw he tends to drift there, but I thought he looked awful on the left side in Mtl. I guess it matters less if he really doesn't need to touch the puck until he gets in the o zone.
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #3 by mcphee » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:11 pm

dempsey_k wrote:What was your impression of him as an opponent in buffalo all those years?

You wouldn't notice him, then the game would be over and he'd have 2 g's 1 assist. Mtl has had some good games with the Sabres over the years, and you'd see games where he just wasn't involved. Then there'd be games where his skill level just put him above everyone else. I don't know whether it's as simple as laziness, but it's like his confidence level fades in and out quickly.

I'd bet that he'll put up 100 goals over the next 3 years, but he may get 65 of them next year.

As to what side, Pominville shoots right doesn't he ? I think they'd want to play them together so... He's a horror story high in his own zone on his off side though, but it may not matter.
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1065 times
Received rep: 653 times

Post #4 by Dog » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:43 pm

Lifer wrote:Reading all the local articles since the signing, Vanek seemed to imply that he did not completely enjoy his time in Montreal. Said it was hard to be away from his family.

Might have been more to do with moving around so much last year though.

It's mostly on account of him being a giant fucking pussy with no drive.

#notbitter
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #5 by mcphee » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:44 pm

He reached a point in the post season where he couldn't control pucks along the boards on the power play, couldn't execute anything. I was quite surprised that he claimed to be healthy. I thought he had an inured hand or wrist.

Return to “Minnesota Wild Forum”