67%

Total votes: 12
Nibblet
Registered Broad
Received rep: 2 times

DD2013 Final: Tampa Bay vs Los Angeles

Post #1 by Nibblet » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 am

To GMs:
Post your line-ups, special teams, captains, style of play, tactics and anything else you can imagine about your team here. Explain why you think your team would prevail in a 7 game playoff series and what strategies your team would use to do so.

It is up to you to ensure that your opponent is cap compliant. If you find out they aren't, you may win by DQ.

As a GM you must vote in every contest once the poll is up. This is to ensure we have the bare minimum number of votes in case other broads don't step up. If you don't vote in all other match-ups, your own team will not progress.

No vote rigging is allowed. You are allowed to encourage other posters to vote in this thread but you cannot ask them to vote for you.

To non-GMs:
Please look at the line-ups and the arguments of each GM for their respective teams. Then vote for the team you think will win a 7 game playoff series. Try to remain impartial. It's not a requirement but please explain in a post why you vote for the team you voted for.

Poll will be up later, once both GMs have posted their line-ups and opening arguments.
Nibblet
Registered Broad

Post #2 by Nibblet » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 am

[CENTER][SIZE="7"]Tampa Bay Lightning[/size]
Image[/CENTER]
MP
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 157 times
Received rep: 354 times

Post #3 by MP » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:15 am

Johansson now makes $2m...
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 272 times
Received rep: 145 times

Post #4 by mayoradamwest » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:15 am

Maw's Los Angeles Kings of Scientology
Coach: Sutter (the one that coaches LA.)

"A" Jamie Benn - "A" Anze Kopitar - Brad Marchand
Joffery Lupul - David Krejci - Brendan Gallagher
Colin Greening - Adam Henrique - Jakob Silfverberg
Matt Martin - Nathan Gerbe - Mark Stone
Jim O'Brien

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - "C" Drew Doughty
Marc Methot - Vyacheslav "Slava" Voynov
Michal Rozsival - Cody Franson
Mark Borowiecki

J. Quick
Philpp Grubauer

PP1:
Lupul-Kopitar-Benn
OEL-Doughty

PP2: Henrique-Krejci-Marchand
Franson-Voynov

PK1: Kopitar Benn
OEL-Doughty

PK2: Henrique-Marchand
Methot-Voynov

Highlights:
Down the middle: Kopitar is a true number 1 C even in a condensed league. Krejci stays as a very good number 2. Henrique is the best C on the Devils, and becomes a third liner here. The fourth line won't see much ice time, but Jim O'Brien won't treat you wrong, or can go with Gerbe who has played tough minutes for the Sabres in the past and will be relied on less here.

Experience: Many, many, cup winners and people who play good in the playoffs.
Quick is a big game goalie. Kopitar tied for the lead in playoff points last year; Krecji led league in playoff points by a huge margin this year; Henrique scores big goals at important times; Doughty is a winner, Voynov led playoffs in goals by defencemen & also can hit and play D.

Tough team: Marchand, Gallagher, Matt Martin, Marc Methot, Voynov, Roszival, Henrique, Kopitar and more won't get outworked.

Arousing D: OEL is a number 1 defenceman on most teams; Doughty is number one on his; Voynov has turned into an elite Dman, Methot was the number one defenceman on a playoff team this year, and Rozsival and Franson bring a specific skill set (defence and puck movement respectively.)

Balanced scoring: A top 6 that can compete with any team's, and a powerplay that can excel through Lupul-Kopitar-Benn and other combinations plus great talent on the back end.

Jon Quick: proven winner, long standing track record of unquestioned success.

Conclusion: Fantastic defence, a fantastic goalie, and great offensive depth.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #5 by MP » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:16 am

I guess johansson's new contract doesn't come into play?
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6 by mayoradamwest » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:20 am

Hedman against an all-star line, Jack Johnson against the playoff scoring leader's line... I see a weakness for Nibblet. Couple that with the fact his goalie had a G.A.A. over 3 in the year he won his only playoff series ever, and I've got some nice advantages. I like Stamkos and St. Louis, but at a combined -4 last year it's more than possible to score against them and with no supporting defence they're in trouble.

Crosby can get put off his game by annoying folks; He gets to see Brad Marchand constantly.

I have actual defencemen who you'd want on the ice in a playoff game. Nibblet... Ok, I like Yandle but OEL is already better and his D falls apart from there. Hedman isn't a top pairing guy on a good team yet, Jack Johnson is god awful, Alzner is ok but again if he's a top pairing guy it's barely.
Nibblet
Registered Broad

Post #7 by Nibblet » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:23 am

Nigga your forwards belong in a dumpster.

Kopitar's seasons over PPG= 0 and that's your best forward.

A third line of Colin Greening - Adam Henrique - Jakob Silfverberg is a recipe for disaster. No experience at all.
Nibblet
Registered Broad

Post #8 by Nibblet » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:27 am

Jamie Benn and Brad Marchand are all stars now? Yeah okay, in the same way Yanic Perreault was an all-star.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #9 by MP » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:31 am

I still think Chicago was the best team in this.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #10 by mayoradamwest » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:33 am

Nibblet wrote:Nigga your forwards belong in a dumpster.

Kopitar's seasons over PPG= 0 and that's your best forward.

A third line of Colin Greening - Adam Henrique - Jakob Silfverberg is a recipe for disaster. No experience at all.

Kopitar is a great center and is also good defensively and not known for getting put off his game like Crosby. Sid turns into pudding around agitators, and hey look... there's 30 goal scorer Brad Marchand to knock him off his game.

Krecji had 7 more points than the closest person this year to lead the league in playoff scoring. He's also trustworthy on defence, and has a ton of playoff experience.

Henrique has been to the Stanley Cup Finals scoring a bunch of game 7 goals on the way. He also won a couple memorial cups. Greening is 27, Silfverberg is a playoff scoring record holder in the SEL and now has playoff experience in the NHL as well. My third line can actually score, hit, and is reliable.

Jamie Benn is a fantastic forward, though I understand you've never watched anyone in the Western conference. Despite playing out of his position and playing through an injury this year, he outscored Eriksson who you were saying was fantastic. He's also solid defensively and can hit.

Lupul has been a point per game player the past 2 years.

I know you want to write off my forwards because your defence and goaltending are somewhat embarrassing, but you should try and keep it realistic.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #11 by mayoradamwest » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 am

Nibblet wrote:Jamie Benn and Brad Marchand are all stars now? Yeah okay, in the same way Yanic Perreault was an all-star.

Image Yep, Benn is an all-star and only getting better.

Here's an interesting article which makes the case for Benn better than I can:
What this all comes down to is this: Jamie Benn is a battler. I'm not going to take the Jack Edwards route and compare his play to that of soldiers fighting wars; but Benn fights like no other on the ice. He's a high energy guy who has perfected the art of using his brutish force to create space for his skills to take over. Instead of getting fancy with his play, he forces his way into prime areas of the ice and then uses his skill to finish.

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2013/8/23/4648974/the-case-for-jamie-benn-as-stars-captain

Benn is the type of guy that can shut down Crosby who gets upset whenever the play gets rough. Marchand is on the top line to stir shit up, but he can score. I get your excuse on Benn because you have to maintain a reasonable bed time, but not knowing Marchand? Odd..
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #12 by mayoradamwest » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:39 am

Masterplan wrote:I still think Chicago was the best team in this.

meh, LA has the best 2 way defence. Jon Quick is arguably the best goalie, keep in mind he recovered from surgery this year and in the last 2 seasons in the playoffs has a G.A.A. under 2.

Anderson in comparison has a G.A.A. over 3... just felt like I should point that out again.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #13 by mayoradamwest » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 am

Here's what happens when the play gets rough with Crosby:

Sidney Crosby Says Inconsistent Officiating Helped ‘Escalate’ Physical Play in Game 1
http://nesn.com/2013/06/sidney-crosby-says-inconsistent-officiating-helped-escalate-physical-play-in-game-1/
Nibblet
Registered Broad

Post #14 by Nibblet » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 am

mayoradamwest wrote:Kopitar is a great center and is also good defensively and not known for getting put off his game like Crosby. Sid turns into pudding around agitators, and hey look... there's 30 goal scorer Brad Marchand to knock him off his game.

Krecji had 7 more points than the closest person this year to lead the league in playoff scoring. He's also trustworthy on defence, and has a ton of playoff experience.

Henrique has been to the Stanley Cup Finals scoring a bunch of game 7 goals on the way. He also won a couple memorial cups. Greening is 27, Silfverberg is a playoff scoring record holder in the SEL and now has playoff experience in the NHL as well. My third line can actually score, hit, and is reliable.

Jamie Benn is a fantastic forward, though I understand you've never watched anyone in the Western conference. Despite playing out of his position and playing through an injury this year, he outscored Eriksson who you were saying was fantastic. He's also solid defensively and can hit.

Lupul has been a point per game player the past 2 years.

I know you want to write off my forwards because your defence and goaltending are somewhat embarrassing, but you should try and keep it realistic.

How many goals does someone need to score to be considered a 30 goal scorer?

Apparently if you're Brad Marchand, not 30.

What's this bullshit about Crosby being knocked off his game by agitators? Guy is the best player on the planet regardless of who tries to get under his skin.
Ironchef Chris Wok
Registered Broad
Received rep: 1 time

Post #15 by Ironchef Chris Wok » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 am

Greening/Silverberg/Henrique is actually a pretty solid 3rd line, a lot better than the one with Tim fucking Jackman on it. Yuo've got one elite posession player (Backes), one reasonable bottom 6 players (Sobotka), and a wtf player (Jackman), while Greening/Henrique/Silverfberg are well-balanced and all good in possession.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #16 by MP » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:54 am

The way I see it:

MAW has a suspect 3rd line.

Nib has an average no. 1 D, two no. 4 D and a rover in his top 4.

Quick > Anderson

Nib's offensive is significantly > then MAW's

MAW's back checking > Nib's

Defence wins championships.

But Chicago was better then both of these teams.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #17 by mayoradamwest » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 am

Nibblet wrote:How many goals does someone need to score to be considered a 30 goal scorer?

Apparently if you're Brad Marchand, not 30.

What's this bullshit about Crosby being knocked off his game by agitators? Guy is the best player on the planet regardless of who tries to get under his skin.

Oops, sorry Marchand scored 28 and then 18 in half a season. Meanwhile he's the weak link on a top line, and you've got Yakupov there... talented player, but there's no physicality or defence to be found there.

How many points did Crosby score against Boston this year? What happened when he played the flyers in the playoffs? Sid is great, but he can start whining and lose his game when he's getting hit and agitated. Just so happens I've got some guys to do that.
Ironchef Chris Wok
Registered Broad

Post #18 by Ironchef Chris Wok » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:02 am

What I don't understand is that Nibbs has a possession turd/actual turd on EVERY LINE, Yakupov, Johansson, and Jackman? There's elite players on each line (Backes, St. Louis, Crosby), and then he puts a turd with them. Also, Jack Johnson, jesus fuck

edit: please stop the cup counting, it's embarassing
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #19 by mayoradamwest » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:04 am

Masterplan wrote:The way I see it:

MAW has a suspect 3rd line.

Nib has an average no. 1 D, two no. 4 D and a rover in his top 4.

Quick > Anderson

Nib's offensive is significantly > then MAW's

MAW's back checking > Nib's

Defence wins championships.

But Chicago was better then both of these teams.

i'm going to agree with ICW - I don't get where you're criticizing the third line. All great posession players; Henrique is the Devils best center (not saying much I know, but he also played through injury this year.) He should have won the Calder in his rookie year. Greening can be slotted anywhere, plays smart and isn't a liability. Silfverberg has some nice offensive talent, and is playing with two guys who can open the ice up for him.

Nib does have an average number 1 D, two number 4's, and a rover. Meanwhile I've got a at least 2 very good number 1 d's, and 2 more guys who top pairing guys. Then some defence and puck moving in the last combo.

Nib's offense is better, except that I've got the D and physicality to neutralize it. My forwards aren't bad by any stretch. Krecji wins the playoff scoring race, gets no love. Benn, Kopitar are both fantastic. Marchand is good. Gallagher is a good hard nose and reliable player with some offence.

Quick indeed is better than Anderson.

I have better d on d and in the forward ranks.

and defence indeed wins championships.

LA is better than Chicago :gary:
Ironchef Chris Wok
Registered Broad

Post #20 by Ironchef Chris Wok » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:11 am

Franson and Methot haven't been good possession wise, but Franson is a decent PP option. No real opinion on Roszival as he's been hurt a bit. OEL is really good, and no real complaints about Doughty/Voynov.

The real weak posession player is Lupul, everyone else is quite good, Kopitar at an elite level.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #21 by MP » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:14 am

I refuse to believe Kopitar is better the Brian Lee...who could've known...fuck you Muckler!
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #22 by mayoradamwest » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:22 am

Ironchef Chris Wok wrote:Franson and Methot haven't been good possession wise, but Franson is a decent PP option. No real opinion on Roszival as he's been hurt a bit. OEL is really good, and no real complaints about Doughty/Voynov.

The real weak posession player is Lupul, everyone else is quite good, Kopitar at an elite level.

Methot will have his stats hurt by playing with garbage through much of the year, and Columbus before that...

Lupul is also ppg over the past two years, advanced stats can't completely erase that.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #23 by mayoradamwest » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Bring on the poll, or pole whichever works.
Ismellofhockey
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 37 times
Received rep: 15 times

Post #24 by Ismellofhockey » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:04 am

Masterplan wrote:I still think Chicago was the best team in this.

And this is coming from the 2011 dispersal draft winner, you fucktards fucktarded it all up.
- Unwittingly ruining this board since December 2008
Ismellofhockey
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 37 times
Received rep: 15 times

Post #25 by Ismellofhockey » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:09 am

mayoradamwest wrote:meh, LA has the best 2 way defence. Jon Quick is arguably the best goalie, keep in mind he recovered from surgery this year and in the last 2 seasons in the playoffs has a G.A.A. under 2.

Anderson in comparison has a G.A.A. over 3... just felt like I should point that out again.

Actually I do feel like you and Nibblet were the most probable teams to beat me.
- Unwittingly ruining this board since December 2008
Susf
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 643 times
Received rep: 220 times

Post #26 by Susf » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Where's this poll
Rogers Pancreas
Has given rep: 34 times
Received rep: 85 times

Post #27 by Rogers Pancreas » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Luke wrote:Where's this poll
Look up, stupid.
His Satanic Majestic Request
Susf
Registered Broad

Post #28 by Susf » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Rogers Pancreas wrote:Look up, stupid.

:iwish:
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #29 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:50 am

:banane: :banane: :banane: :banane: :banane: :banane: :banane:
Susf
Registered Broad

Post #30 by Susf » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:54 am

Nibblet
Registered Broad

Post #31 by Nibblet » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:56 am

I've decided to DQ Los Angeles.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #32 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:57 am

Nibblet wrote:I've decided to DQ Los Angeles.

I wasn't going to say anything, but you didn't vote in every competition. :smuglanne:
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #33 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:57 am

:banane:
Rogers Pancreas
Has given rep: 34 times
Received rep: 85 times

Post #34 by Rogers Pancreas » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:27 pm

mayoradamwest wrote: :banane:

Poll: Who wins silver?

:sirius:
His Satanic Majestic Request
Nibblet
Registered Broad

Post #35 by Nibblet » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Looks like the tables have turned yet again, Mister West.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #36 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:12 pm

I'm just going to Mugabe it and declare myself the winner.

:banane: :banane: :banane: :banane:
Susf
Registered Broad

Post #37 by Susf » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:13 pm

I say everyone rep Nigglet for conducting this.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #38 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Congrats to your L.A. Kings of Scientology: 2013 Dispersal Draft Champions!

Your championship roster:

"A" Jamie Benn - "A" Anze Kopitar - Brad Marchand
Joffery Lupul - David Krejci - Brendan Gallagher
Colin Greening - Adam Henrique - Jakob Silfverberg
Matt Martin - Nathan Gerbe - Mark Stone
Jim O'Brien

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - "C" Drew Doughty
Marc Methot - Vyacheslav "Slava" Voynov
Michal Rozsival - Cody Franson
Mark Borowiecki

Jon Quick
Philpp Grubauer

[CENTER] :banane: :banane: :banane:
:banane: :banane:
:banane: [/CENTER]
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #39 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:17 pm

congrats to all who participated and lost.
Susf
Registered Broad

Post #40 by Susf » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:17 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:congrats to all who participated and lost.

And DQ'D. :colbert:
pedrospecialk
Registered Broad

Post #41 by pedrospecialk » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:22 pm

That 3rd line is an atrocity :colbert:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Nibblet
Registered Broad

Post #42 by Nibblet » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:34 pm

I agree Pedro.

In real life Crosby would crush Doughty's skull and then ass fuck OEL cause everyone Swedes are gay.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #43 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:36 pm

pedrospecialk wrote:That 3rd line is an atrocity :colbert:

I really don't get the lack of love for Henrique.

The fourth line was an atrocity, but it was good enough. Martin Gerbe? and nobody called me out over that? :barfkiss:
Susf
Registered Broad

Post #44 by Susf » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:36 pm

pedrospecialk wrote:That 3rd line is an atrocity :colbert:

Henrique is fine defensively and if worst comes to worst, you make an adjustment.

I agree it's not an ideal third line right now (if they all pan out that's a top-6 line) but it wasn't enough to not make me vote for LA.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #45 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:42 pm

sure it was an ideal third line. Grit, defensive play, and a touch of offense. All players also clocked in under $1 million.

I don't know why anyone would go all out on a third line and then have to cheap out on D.
pedrospecialk
Registered Broad

Post #46 by pedrospecialk » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:44 pm

To note, it wasn't enough to make me vote for Tampa either because LA's defense is stacked despite any efforts of mine to disparage them.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Susf
Registered Broad

Post #47 by Susf » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm not sure that line would be kept together in a deep playoff run. Inexperience will rear it's ugly face. A solid vet on that line changes everything.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #48 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Luke wrote:I'm not sure that line would be kept together in a deep playoff run. Inexperience will rear it's ugly face. A solid vet on that line changes everything.

Greening is experienced, Henrique is as well (how many game 7 OT winners does one have to score before being considered experienced?), Matt Martin could easily slide up and bump Silfverberg to create a good checking line. Really though, guys like Kopitar are used to playing 25 minutes a night and would be getting that with the third and fourth lines getting the easiest minutes possible.

Return to “GAMBLOR”