Broads List of Thing To Do

and other failures by our esteemed colleague Malthus
selyar
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 13 times

Re: Broads List of Thing To Do

Post #551 by selyar » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:21 am

AD wrote:I have to agree that the mobile version of prosilver is pretty fantastic. Except for the absence of the "Return to" link at the bottom of the page which disappears in the mobile version.

i don't have a strong opinion about the mobile skin, i'm okay with the simplicity one, but a "return to previous forum" link rather than broad index would be stellar.
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 80 times
Received rep: 280 times

Post #552 by Thomas Malthus » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:45 am

Site looks pretty clean, liking it. Thanks for all the hard work!
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
Artie
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 142 times
Received rep: 210 times

Post #553 by Artie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:00 am

I for one am grateful that we have a home to gather in and share each other's company

I used to complain about having no buttons until I met a man with no shirt
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
cawbber
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 129 times
Received rep: 81 times

Post #554 by cawbber » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:13 am

I've tweaked a bunch of the styling on the main theme to try to enhance readability (although I know this is a relative term).

Darkened up the primary colours and removed the gray backbrounds which should increase the contrast.
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 901 times
Received rep: 460 times

Post #555 by vonbonds » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:11 pm

19nazzy wrote:When browsing on my iPad and clicking the Canucks forum link, it brings up a descriptor saying: 'winning in spite of ourselves...' And then I've got to click again to go to the forum. I'm pretty sure that's there when using a PC but it just shows underneath.

Just a minor annoyance.

I've noticed this too on my iPhone using Chrome. I think that's a browser issue/thing, not board software.
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 19 times
Received rep: 9 times

Post #556 by 19nazzy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:27 pm

Yeah, might be an apple thing. Don't get that issue right now on Android.
cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #557 by cawbber » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Brown Socks wrote:is there way to get the mobile version all the time. the new skin makes my eyes bleed and the prosilver one is too bloated and the avatars look stupid on the right. the mobile version (of prosilver) is simple and compact and appears to be in every way superior to the other two.

How are you finding it now?
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 29 times
Received rep: 63 times

Post #558 by IcE ColD » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:40 pm

Dunno about the mobile version, but good job on the default skin, cob
Society is actually a bunch of flawed primates guided by selfishness, fear, and superstitious bullshit.

David Wong - 19/12/2016
AD
Has given rep: 312 times
Received rep: 386 times

Post #559 by AD » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:48 pm

I don't know if its blasphemy saying this.. but.. I.. think I prefer the new broads with this set-up to whatever we had before the Craig and Vonbonds meltdown. :stare:
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Post #560 by Thomas Malthus » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:00 pm

AD wrote:I don't know if its blasphemy saying this.. but.. I.. think I prefer the new broads with this set-up to whatever we had before the Craig and Vonbonds meltdown. :stare:

I concur. :superghey:
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 23 times
Received rep: 175 times

Post #561 by Craig » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:05 pm

You're welcome.

(cob did it)
Boring Choice #2
Has given rep: 230 times
Received rep: 244 times

Post #562 by Boring Choice #2 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:29 pm

cob wrote:
Brown Socks wrote:is there way to get the mobile version all the time. the new skin makes my eyes bleed and the prosilver one is too bloated and the avatars look stupid on the right. the mobile version (of prosilver) is simple and compact and appears to be in every way superior to the other two.

finding what? i'm using prosilver because the other one (simplicity) is horrible.

i just want to be able to use the mobile version (of prosilver) because it's better than the pc version. failing that, i'd prefer if you moved the avatar's in prosilver to the left side where they belong.
Boring Choice #2

Post #563 by Boring Choice #2 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:31 pm

IcE ColD wrote:Dunno about the mobile version, but good job on the default skin, cob

i don't know what people like about that version. i try using it for about 5 seconds before giving up and going back.
AD
Has given rep: 312 times
Received rep: 386 times

Post #564 by AD » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:37 pm

Brown Socks wrote:
IcE ColD wrote:Dunno about the mobile version, but good job on the default skin, cob

i don't know what people like about that version. i try using it for about 5 seconds before giving up and going back.

Same.

We may have similar brains.

:why:
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 901 times
Received rep: 460 times

Post #565 by vonbonds » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Tapatalk for mobile.....
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 145 times
Received rep: 294 times

Post #566 by clawfirst » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Meh, it works fine now and isn't hidious. Acceptable. The custom mobile skin was better but this will work fine. Free is good
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #567 by IcE ColD » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Brown Socks wrote:

I think it gives the website a more familiar feeling for me. It's definitely closer to the skin I was using on the old website. The job cob has done fiddling with the colors and fonts brings it even more closer to that old look.

I do like how the prosilver skin shows the posts a bit more, as the Simplicity will be as large as your screen resolution is (and I have a 1920x1080 rez), but eh, I don't want to push for cosmetic changes when I don't know if all the work and upgrades have already been pushed.
Society is actually a bunch of flawed primates guided by selfishness, fear, and superstitious bullshit.

David Wong - 19/12/2016
Boring Choice #2

Post #568 by Boring Choice #2 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:54 pm

IcE ColD wrote:
Brown Socks wrote:

I think it gives the website a more familiar feeling for me. It's definitely closer to the skin I was using on the old website. The job cob has done fiddling with the colors and fonts brings it even more closer to that old look.

I do like how the prosilver skin shows the posts a bit more, as the Simplicity will be as large as your screen resolution is (and I have a 1920x1080 rez), but eh, I don't want to push for cosmetic changes when I don't know if all the work and upgrades have already been pushed.

i used the silver version in the old setup. so everything was grey and boring (like me). now it's all colours and big icons and stuff.

my ideal would be grey headers with white posting backgrounds and bolded fonts for unread messages.

instead we have scotus working their magic on the broads platform (not that there's anything wrong with that).
cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #569 by cawbber » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:32 pm

IcE ColD wrote:
Brown Socks wrote:

thx, Ice. I can add a wrapper around the site and limit the width so it doesn't stretch into infinity. The template comes with an easy adjustment for that. I will try to add tonight
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 57 times
Received rep: 177 times

Post #570 by Dr_Chimera » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Where is rep? I have had about enough of this jiggery pokery.
cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #571 by cawbber » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Brown Socks wrote:
cob wrote:

finding what? i'm using prosilver because the other one (simplicity) is horrible.

i just want to be able to use the mobile version (of prosilver) because it's better than the pc version. failing that, i'd prefer if you moved the avatar's in prosilver to the left side where they belong.

lol. Listen to you...

I didn't change the orientation of the theme the PHPBB3 people did. I have changed it back on prosilver. There is no mobile theme for prosilver because it's now responsive, which is the point. I have added the only mobile theme I could find, I don't like it, personally. Use it , don't use it, I don't give a shit.
PredsFan77
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 227 times

Post #572 by PredsFan77 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Wtf is this tapatalk thing
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #573 by Artie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:04 pm

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #574 by cawbber » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm starting to understand why TO left you guys for dead...
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #575 by Artie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:44 pm

TO was idolized and revered

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #576 by Artie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:50 pm

not that we don't have the same feelings for you and vonbonds

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #577 by Artie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:52 pm

Artie wrote:I for one am grateful that we have a home to gather in and share each other's company

I used to complain about having no buttons until I met a man with no shirt

i believe I said so earlier this AM

but many folks don't read all my posts

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #578 by Artie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:55 pm

all that to say that while we may not be where we want to be with the renovations, we at least have a roof over our heads and a dry place to complain in

cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #579 by cawbber » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:58 pm

Artie wrote:TO was idolized and revered

Not what he told me.
cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #580 by cawbber » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:59 pm

IcE ColD wrote:
Brown Socks wrote:

I've added the wrapper and capped it to a max-width of 1440px. Let me know if that works better for you.I can make it smaller if need be.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #581 by IcE ColD » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:53 pm

cob wrote:
IcE ColD wrote:I think it gives the website a more familiar feeling for me. It's definitely closer to the skin I was using on the old website. The job cob has done fiddling with the colors and fonts brings it even more closer to that old look.

I've added the wrapper and capped it to a max-width of 1440px. Let me know if that works better for you.I can make it smaller if need be.

:nice:

Thank you

David Wong - 19/12/2016
rbochan
Registered Broad
Received rep: 1 time

Post #582 by rbochan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:41 am

cob wrote:I've tweaked a bunch of the styling on the main theme to try to enhance readability (although I know this is a relative term).

Darkened up the primary colours and removed the gray backbrounds which should increase the contrast.

Much more legible now, especially before the coffee kicks in. Thanks.
...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
it's Don't Tread On Me.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #583 by Artie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:47 am

cob wrote:

Not what he told me.

Really?

I guess I missed what when on behind the scenes.

Boring Choice #2

Post #584 by Boring Choice #2 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:04 am

Artie wrote:
cob wrote:

Not what he told me.

Really?

I guess I missed what when on behind the scenes.

I don't think you did. People bitched about minor things of little importance, but were very appreciative of all the hard work TO did. It just sucks when everything is on your shoulders and it seems like for all the things you do that get noticed, there are multiple times more that go unnoticed.
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 23 times
Received rep: 175 times

Post #585 by Craig » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:19 am

Yup, bunch of crybabies.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #586 by Artie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:45 am

wait, what...people are serious with their bitching and complaining.

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #587 by Artie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:45 am

i thought everyone was being broadsian

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #588 by Artie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:47 am

you know like Craig pretending he hates me

Boring Choice #2

Post #589 by Boring Choice #2 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:53 am

Artie wrote:i thought everyone was being broadsian

Artie wrote:you know like Craig pretending he hates me

yes. it's exactly like that.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #590 by Artie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:01 am

do you think a patented "Come Back" thread from AD would help

Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Post #591 by Thomas Malthus » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:10 am

Keep up the great work, Cob! (You too VB).
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #592 by Artie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:11 am

Thomas Malthus wrote:Keep up the great work, Cob! (You too VB).

what an ass kisser

cawbber
Registered Broad

Post #593 by cawbber » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:14 am

Greg is the glue that binds us together

:wink:
Boring Choice #2

Post #594 by Boring Choice #2 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:17 am

Artie wrote:do you think a patented "Come Back" thread from AD would help

Do you think TO even knows who AD is?
Boring Choice #2

Post #595 by Boring Choice #2 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:18 am

so, craig gets cob and vonbonds all sticky?

:walksaway.gif:
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad

Post #596 by Thomas Malthus » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:18 am

Artie wrote:

what an ass kisser

Jealous? :wink:
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #597 by Artie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:20 am

Brown Socks wrote:

I'm not sure if TO isn't AD

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #598 by Artie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:21 am

Artie wrote:
Brown Socks wrote:

I'm not sure if TO isn't AD

never mind I just remembered the AD Block thingy

Boring Choice #2

Post #599 by Boring Choice #2 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:26 am

I try to AD block as much as possible.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #600 by Artie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:28 am

Brown Socks wrote:I try to AD block as much as possible.

:stare:

Return to “Sociology made by Autistics for Sociopaths”