I Made My Shed the Top Rated Restaurant On TripAdvisor

and other failures by our esteemed colleague Malthus
PredsFan77
Has given rep: 127 times
Received rep: 365 times

I Made My Shed the Top Rated Restaurant On TripAdvisor

Post #1 by PredsFan77 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:35 pm

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/434g ... ripadvisor

Once upon a time, long before I began selling my face by the acre for features on VICE dot com, I worked other jobs. There was one in particular that really had an impact on me: writing fake reviews on TripAdvisor. Restaurant owners would pay me £10 and I'd write a positive review of their place, despite never eating there. Over time, I became obsessed with monitoring the ratings of these businesses. Their fortunes would genuinely turn, and I was the catalyst.

This convinced me that TripAdvisor was a false reality – that the meals never took place; that the reviews were all written by other people like me. However, they're not, of course – they're almost all completely genuine. And there was one other factor that seemed impossible to fake: the restaurants themselves. So I moved on.

And then, one day, sitting in the shed I live in, I had a revelation: within the current climate of misinformation, and society's willingness to believe absolute bullshit, maybe a fake restaurant is possible? Maybe it's exactly the kind of place that could be a hit?

In that moment, it became my mission. With the help of fake reviews, mystique and nonsense, I was going to do it: turn my shed into London's top-rated restaurant on TripAdvisor.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 104 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: I Made My Shed the Top Rated Restaurant On TripAdvisor

Post #2 by Dr_Chimera » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:44 pm

You're... (squints) Oobah Butler?
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 273 times